Internet Friends

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Yeah my friends were like "You go on chatrooms! That's so dangerous" I replied "It's not a chatroom, it's a forum and I think it's safe" and then they started going on about 50 yr old people and I was like "Blah Blah Blah" <_< :rolleyes: :banghead: it's so annoying! My parents know I go on the forum and they don't care but I don't think they know what a "forum" is! ^_^

I love your sig Jaimie by the way, it's so cool :D
</span>

I wouldn't mind having a little AA gathering, though it would be difficult since everyone lives far away. I am curious as to how many here lives in the states, and how many in the UK. Then of course there is the issue that a lot of you are a big younger and your parents might frown on your going to an AA meet up with all those 50 year old rapists and stalkers.

aliascazUK said:
would anyone here consider meeting up with any of their AA friends?
[post="1012736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I was supposed to meet Eva when my mom told me we were going on vacation to SA, but alas, that trips been put on indefinate hold. I plan on meeting all of my online pals sometime. ^_^

I would love to meet up with my fellow AA members.

Think it would be really fun and cool.

I love my net friends. They cool although I feel a little strange as I the eldest out of all of em.

My parents are kinda like go out and get a live and stop talking to 16 year olds.

I just like yeah whatever.

Don't really care what parentals think.

:smiley: ;)

Woo, you are actually a bit older than me. Not by much. Just a bit. Now I don't feel so alone in this age group. Yeah I don't know what my parents would say. Probably nothing positive. But taht's ok, because I won't tell them.

xinli11 said:
I wouldn't mind having a little AA gathering, though it would be difficult since everyone lives far away.  I am curious as to how many here lives in the states, and how many in the UK.
[post="1012930"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Don't forget Australia! :D

I met a friend on a message board (sd-1). We were asking each other questions, the getting-to-know-you questions. Funnily enough, after a couple of questions, I found out that not only did we attend the same uni, we did the same subjects and we even shared some classes together. To top it off, we only live about 20 or so minutes away from one another.

Strange way to meet people from uni but now we're good friends ^_^

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I'd love to meet people from here, but I live in England and Australia and USA are quite far away, but yeah I'd like to ^_^ </span>

I know what u mean a lot of the people that i am friends with on here live in the states but hopefully im gonna go to the alias convention next year so i can meet jems, harminder etc (if they go)

Muahaha... little does your sister know how right she is. :lol:

My parents don't know anything about the internet, they only know I talk to Mimi on it.

My bf knows I talk to people and he believes they're all guys and that I'm cheating on him. :rolleyes:

Usually I talk to Mimi about AA and I tell her about the random times Caz and I have, or our house of fun, TEMPP :(, or stuff like that and she just gives me this weird look and goes, "You are so retarded." :lol:

I met a few people off AA at the Alias convention. Everyone was really nice but none of my mates go on forums or anything so they find it really strange. They said i should be careful. etc. Nice for them to worry though.

even tho i am a pretty trusting person, my mom has festered into me this paranoia that everyone on the internet could be lying and no one is truthful and that people who say that they are my age are really 50 year olds who want to rape me or something.....
i do want to make friends and stuff w/ people, but u can never be CERTAIN about someone unless u see them in person, really....
not that i think that ne1 here is a liar, but u can never be too certain...still, it would be fun to get to know people and meet them if they live nearby...but then again, what if u meet them and they WERE a liar and they kidnapped u????? ok ok ok maybe i am paranoid...but it's NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!

actually, my brother, on a COMPLETELY different type of forum, met someone and has IMed and called on the fone and is actually meeting this girl in a couple of weeks as she is driving through our city on her way to somewhere....not sure where....but that i guess is a good case of friends...

sorry for my rambling...it's late here...:yawn:

jess said:
Don't forget Australia! :D
I met a friend on a message board (sd-1).  We were asking each other questions, the getting-to-know-you questions.  Funnily enough, after a couple of questions, I found out that not only did we attend the same uni, we did the same subjects and we even shared some classes together.  To top it off, we only live about 20 or so minutes away from one another.

Strange way to meet people from uni but now we're good friends ^_^
[post="1013382"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thats like the best story ever. how cool. :smiley:

yup i met a few AA-ers at the convention this year and sure as hell am looking forward to seeing everyone and more next year. Also i have all intention of meeting up with my lovely girlfriend in California in February, who i met on AA and know for a fact that she is not a 50 yr old man. Before i went to the convention all my friends were convinced that it was gonna be like this giant old man paedophilic orgy. I was like um... no. :rolleyes: Its so stupid i mean i get why parents are concerned and stuff for their younger children but when your 24 yr old friends start lecturing you its a bit like :blink: Get over it already the Internet is just the newest form of communication and ok its not the safest, but its still great. i love forums they're brilliant. you meet so many different types of people that you blatently wouldn't if you limit yourself to just 'flesh and bone' friends.

garnergarnish said:
Also i have all intention of meeting up with my lovely girlfriend in California in February, who i met on AA and know for a fact that she is not a 50 yr old man. Before i went to the convention all my friends were convinced that it was gonna be like this giant old man paedophilic orgy. I was like um... no.  :rolleyes: Its so stupid i mean i get why parents are concerned and stuff for their younger children but when your 24 yr old friends start lecturing you its a bit like :blink: Get over it already the Internet is just the newest form of communication and ok its not the safest, but its still great. i love forums they're brilliant. you meet so many different types of people that you blatently wouldn't  if you limit yourself to just 'flesh and bone' friends.
[post="1017672"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Awww...hello darling. I plan on meeting up with you in February too. :D And I am convinced that you are not a 50 year old man. Otherwise I would be scared and start running in circles. But anyways, I am so happy that I met you here, Nay. :blush:

AgentDesertRose said:
Otherwise I would be scared and start running in circles.
[post="1018301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, I certainly hope you wouldn't be running in circles, as that would make you extremely easy to catch.

Xin Li

Back