Internet Friends

xinli11 said:
Well, I certainly hope you wouldn't be running in circles, as that would make you extremely easy to catch.

Xin Li
[post="1018608"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

HAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol: thats so true, don't do that baby cos then they'll get you. :Ph34r:

VaughnFan13 said:
& hey, I minimize windows all the time, or have 'safe' windows like cnn.com or tv.yahoo.com, & when my parents come into the room, I switch over to those pages.
[post="1010494"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oooh great idea! Maybe I should leave it on math.com...Nah...they'd never believe it :lol:

I've actually met two people from AA last Decemeber. It was all coincidence I guess you could say. We live in the same area, their city is right next to mine and we all planned to go to the same hs. They were both a year older than me, and they hardly ever come here anymore except every once in a while to send me a PM. So, we decided to meet at the open house. And we did. Our parents never ever found out. I remember seeing this group of girls and I passed by and I noticed that a face looked familiar (we had exchanged pictures) and she waved and then I felt all happy and stuff and I just KNEW it was Katie aka Katez... So then I asked my dad if I could go to the bathroom, they heard me, Katie and Xandra (the other girl on AA who was with her. They are friends in real life) came to the bathroom with me and we were so excited and had a hard time speaking but soon grew over it. We eventually went out of the bathroom and talked and then I had to go back to my dad so my he wouldn't be suspicious. So then everytime we passed we would just wave but I remember it being so happy. I'm going to be shadowing at the same school this year so I'm gonna see if I can meet up with them again at lunch or something.

Hmm.. so those were the only two people I've met from AA. I've talked to people on the phone a ton though. I talked to Katie from the other story around 3 times, Aria (SiriCerasi) once, Ally (Sunfire_77) and Bebri aka Betha (Betha_Bristow) numerous times and uhh.. that's it. Ally, Bebri and I three-wayed a lot. But these are all people who have left the site or dhardly hang around here anymore. Ally left, came back for a little and has left again. Bebri left. Katie checks up and sends me a PM every once in a while. Aria isn't around as much as she used to be, but you'll see her around Fan Art a lot.

Jess, that's funny how you went to the same school and everything! Total coincidence!

I don't have many internet friends, marco is one because I know him for a long time already.. and of course Moriel who is more than a friend.

I think it's fun to have internet friends. I don't talk about them much to my RL friends because they think its weird and creepy(like how do you know who your really talking to.) The other day my Aunt brought me a purse from her trip and it was from Portugal and I was like I have a friend who lives there and I got weird stares but oh well.

It's also cool because internet friends can't make personality judgements based on what you look like or how you dress. I love my internet friends!

Lucy ;)

bristowbabe47 said:
It's also cool because internet friends can't make personality judgements based on what you look like or how you dress. I love my internet friends!

Lucy ;)
[post="1030462"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly. Text terminal -- the great equalizer. I don't care if you are tom cruise or brad pit, over the text terminal, you are just an alias to me. Everything eles I know about you derives from who you are within. The more interesting aspect is when you try to bring online friendships into real life. sometimes it's just easier to talk online. I've had some friends whom I've tried to hang out with outside AIm and the chat rooms, and it's just awkward. And then there are friends who I connect with immediately, and it's just as easy going as if I were sitting in front of a terminal.

Back