• For Internet Dating

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Against Internet Dating

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Alias_Fan0202 said:
i put no opinion. although I have read stories in newspapers and stuff about people meeting on the internet and then getting married, i wouldn't be sure if i could trust that the person was who they said they were. i have heard stories about people thinking they're meeting a friend or their boyfriend/girlfriend and then it turns out that the person is stalking them so they can rape them or something.

but, who knows? in my local paper a few weeks ago, there was an article about people meeting on the internet. this one man met his wife in a weekly online poker game. then, this other man saved someone's life, because the lady didn't show up to the online poker game, so he called her house, or the police or something, and turns out the lady had a heart attack. that has NOTHING to do with dating...^_^ but i thought it was a cool story!! :D
oh yeah, i heard about that...amazing connections people have through the internet, huh?

Somewhat I'm for and against it. It would be stupid if people want to going out with someone else they never meet before. Personally, I rather makes a new friends at first in person and getting know them better and probadly, going out with one of these people.

i think they knew each other for 3-5 months before they got married. I'm not sure what service they used. i think it was through chatrooms and then they just got to know each other from that

no prob.. ;)

they just got married 2 months ago. my family is a little cautious. we don't really like her mom. as for her, i haven't really talked to her much. we live in different states.

I don't really care. If that's what makes people happy, then I'm okay with it. I think it's strange to marry a person you met on the internet. I mean, if they can be lying to you, saying they are all these things, and when you finally meet them, you would be disappointed. That's just my opinion though. If it makes you happy, then go for it! :D ;)

i think ppl should do whatever they want to, and if they make sth like this work, great for them. but in my opinion, it´s very different chatting with someone and being with someone. totally different actually.

Apparently I voted some months ago, but I don't even remember what I voted for :lol:
I'm not against it, but I think after feeling strong things on the net, and after some time, the 2 ppl should try to meet and build a real relationship. So I guess I'm for it. :P

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
I just don't understand. How desperate must you be for love? I mean, there are millions of people living around you, plenty of fish in the sea.
i voted in this ages ago but don't know what i put. How do i feel now?

*runs to ask 'internet' girlfriend how our relationship is going*

We're doing great and therefore it's working and i'm all for internet relationships, if it makes people as happy as i am :smiley:

As for being desperate for love, it happened by accident. Its not like i was searching on some random site for people to fall in love with. People sometimes happen to just stumble upon their soulmate. ^_^

I think people can do it... but I think that is not realy normal... You can't fall in love with someone who you don't now in real life... You can just be a good friends :smiley:

garnergarnish said:
G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
I just don't understand. How desperate must you be for love? I mean, there are millions of people living around you, plenty of fish in the sea.
i voted in this ages ago but don't know what i put. How do i feel now?

*runs to ask 'internet' girlfriend how our relationship is going*

We're doing great and therefore it's working and i'm all for internet relationships, if it makes people as happy as i am :smiley:

As for being desperate for love, it happened by accident. Its not like i was searching on some random site for people to fall in love with. People sometimes happen to just stumble upon their soulmate. ^_^
Exactly. ^_^

Back