INTERVIEW: Michael Vartan

I just read through the lines real quick for about 3 minutes, and I'm going to quote a couple of the highlights:

Here's Mike on the invasion of privacy that happens when you become very famous:

I couldn’t care less about who’s sleeping with whom, but leave the real private things that can be real hurtful, like children out of it. If I ever became super famous, I would be ferociously protective of my privacy when it comes to those kind of things. If I was single and they wrote “he’s gay and he likes to bathe in purple ice cream” that’s ok, write it, I
don’t care.

And on Alias, I kinda looked for the keyword in the article and found this about Michael's slight dissapointment on Michael Vaughn's storylines.

Q: You’re dark on “Alias”…

MICHAEL: You know, the thing about “Alias” that makes me laugh, is they told me last year, “you’re character’s going to be a lot darker this year.” And I went, “oh good, great.” But basically to them my character being darker is, a scene happens and there’s a little director’s note at the bottom that says, “Vaughn stares off with a brooding stare.” That’s not being darker. I want to have a complete psychological melt down and be an alcoholic or a drug addict or kill someone and go to jail…something that would be a very hard thing to experience rather than just, is my father alive or is he dead?

Q: Why don’t they write darker material?

MICHAEL: I think they have their hands tied, J.J. (Abrams) has a lot of say, and though the writers are the creative element behind the show, I think the network listens very much to the board, the website boards, what people say and what people want. And that’s the downside to network TV, you can’t say “f**k,” you can’t say things that are too dark or too out there, for now.

Good link... I was hoping maybe they'd ask him a question about the season finale and what happened (won't say more than that cuz else I'd have to use spoiler tags and I rather won't, but I'm hoping that for the sake of having more stories regarding the guys on the show, J.J. and the writers begin dealing with Michael's character a little bit more in Season 5).

They really didn't do it for me with the whole "is Bill Vaughn dead or alive" thing in S4.

Edit: Here's another one, just for good measure:

Q: How will Jennifer (Garner)’s pregnancy effect “Alias”?

MICHAEL: I just heard about it in the other room. Because I hear it’s all alleged, and certainly no one writes anything alleged about her, so…

Q: Ben could direct you in a dark comedy…

MICHAEL: How bout a dark drama…

:lol: :lol:

Yeah just imagine that - Ben goes "Cut! ... Hey Michael I'd like to talk to you for a second. I'm not particularly pleased on the way you're approaching this scene..." ^_^

Back