Season 5 Interview with MG

nance

TUMS
Okay you guys probably read this already and if you're a S/V shipper... you also probably threw a plate out the window. :frustrated:

(just highlighting the things that pissed me off) and i know should give this melissa george a chance... but... I CAN'T HELP IT! MY SHIPPER BLOOD IS BOILING!

-----

TV Guide Online: How did you get the part?
Melissa George: I read like everybody else in L.A.

TVGO: It's a good role, huh?
George: Oh, it's so good. And it started out as a guest-recurring, and, after I read with Michael Vartan, [series creator] J.J. Abrams called me directly and asked me if I'd like to be on the show permanently :shock: :shocked: :nervous: — long-term. And I'm like, "Are you kidding me?" It was a very beautiful moment. I was so happy. It's the best show.

TVGO: You're a fan?
George: I'm a huge fan. I met J.J. when Thieves was released [in fall 2001] at the same time as Alias, and I just kept thinking to myself, "Oh, I should be on that show." (Laughs) And look what happened. I'm so high right now that no one can touch me.

TVGO: Did you know Michael?
George: I had never met him. But the funny thing is, with an actor, you feel a connection. And when I read with him, I left the room thinking, "If I don't work with him, I'm going to be very disappointed." It was so right. SHADDUP WOMAN! I hope this isn't bashing.

TVGO: I imagine it's not too hard to pretend you're in love with Michael Vartan.
George: (Laughs) Right. Exactly. It's very easy to visualize being married to this man. Please just kill me now...

TVGO: Have you met Jennifer yet?
George: I had met Jennifer [before], and then I saw her again last week at the [Alias] photo shoot. I just think she's a wonderful girl. She hasn't changed at all, and that's so great.

TVGO: Of course, it's only a matter of time before the two of you go at it. I mean, you've got her man.
George: I've got her man, so you can kind of tell what could happen. (Laughs) At the moment, it's sort of all in [the early stages] so I'm really kind of going with it as it happens. But you can tell it's going to be incredibly interesting. (Yeah... you're gonna get dumped girl. YOU CAN'T BEAT OUR GIRL, SYDNEEEEEEEEEEY!)

TVGO: Has J.J. told you to brush up on your kickboxing?
George: I did a lot of that training for Thieves, and I did a lot of it last week. I'm so perfect for that kind of kick-ass, stylish... it's just a real perfect role for me. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TVGO: What can you tell me about your character, aside from the fact that she's married to Vaughn?
George: She will be working in the intelligence community, [but] I'm not saying which part. And she's just an incredibly... I'm not going to make her unlovable. Every woman can relate to being married to somebody [with] another woman [in the picture], and that's basically what is going to be going on. And she's a very ambitious, very strong, very intelligent woman; she's not going to let too much go past her. And she's very protective of her man, as every woman would be. But at the same time, she really looks up to Jennifer's character. She knows about her, she's read about her, so there's that whole thing going on as well. I think she's going to be fighting a lot of emotions.

TVGO: In other words, she's going to be a villainness.
George: But it's not her fault. She's going to protect her man — any woman would. I think the audience will be understanding. But yeah, she's the new blonde on the show, so there's that whole other element as well. (Laughs)

TVGO: Let's face it: Vaughn and Sydney will eventually reunite, so where will that leave you?

George: She does work in the intelligence community, so I think she would just [continue] working that. And who knows? They're probably plotting it right now. I'm sure they're going to be doing something to keep me there. Maybe they become friends. HAH! Friends! Phut... yeah okay.

:thud:

Way to go nance. I like the comments. You're expressing all my feelings at the moment. Nice job.

I cannot comment on her acting abilities, as I have not seen them yet. I wonder how good she is...

teehee ::takes a bow:: i thought i was quite funny... :lol: when i'm mad, i'm funny

*sighs* i want s/v baaaaack ::starts whining::

wow!! she basically said they're gonna break up! i loved your comments!! she's gonna be protective of her man...well i think syd needs to give a beat down.. :boxing:

I officially hate that woman. She can picture herself being married to Michael Vartan? Jennifer Garner's a wonderful girl? She disgusts me. I hope something bad happens to her. Okay, that was mean, but I'm very protective of the Syd+Vaughn relationship. This is terrible. I hope Syd kicks her ass.

awww can you picture vaughn apologizing to syd and they kiss with that pretty music in the back round...and then the camera zooms in on vaughns EX wife bloody on the floor cuz syd kicked her ass.. :flowers: season 3 needs to start already!!!

freelancer88 said:
awww can you picture vaughn apologizing to syd and they kiss with that pretty music in the back round...and then the camera zooms in on vaughns EX wife bloody on the floor cuz syd kicked her ass.. :flowers: season 3 needs to start already!!!
LMAO!!!! :lol: i agree a 100%

Nance - that was great - I believe you summed up all of our thoughts. I just can 't wait til the day when Syd kicks her ass and / or Vaughn drops his new "wife" like a bad habit. :argue:

Mellisa was wonderful on Thieves. She was sexy, classy, intelligent, kicked ass and more. I fell in love with her and Jennifer at the same time as their shows started on TV at the same time.

Reading between the lines of both MG’s and JG’s recent interviews I believe that their characters will be partners in some way and grow to like and respect each other. Of course Vaughn will go back to Sydney after lots of anguish and MG’s character will get a replacement love interest.

Of course as a guy I would think Vaughn would probably want the girls to compromise and share him. ;) Us guys can dream can’t we? :asleep: :devil:

I think the audience will be understanding.
Does she actually think that's true? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I can't believe the kind of reaction I'm having...absolute and total anger. I've never been like this over a show....and here's a character I haven't met and I'm already getting bad thoughts.

And I'm with you freelancer88 That's what I'd like to see!

Back