Introduce yourself thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Presto@May 2 2006, 07:14 PM
I got my wife into WoW in the same way you are trying to get yours into HJ.

I will never forget the night when she came to me, guilt on her face, and asked if I minded if she raided the night away.

It brought a tear to my eye, I was so happy.
Awww haha that is so priceless!
I may have to imortalise that in my sig for a week I think! haha

Edit: hehe done! Hope you don't mind :D
Think I'll start sig'ing a quote of the week from the boards from this point forward hehe.

Originally posted by Arremus@May 2 2006, 07:20 PM
Well with a body like yours Faemus (via the avatar) it's no wonder she wants more "Me" time!! :lol: :D ... :blink:

I wish you all the best for the future and family life Faemus, and I have put in a prayer with the Simugods that your wife may fall in love with HJ too... for your sake! :Ph34r:
Thank you . I wish I had that smokin bod :lol: , but the pic is actually Jack Black from an upcoming movie ~Nacho Libre.
Nacho Libre Site HERE

Its being directed by the same guy who did napolean dynamite, so i have high hopes.

I hate Napolean Dynamite becuase it gives people a sterotype of what living in Idaho is really about. That's actually what the land looks like giving it's just a few miles from where I live. However, their are cities, and it isn't all spread out like that.

I don't think you need to worry about that movie creating a steretype of idaho. Most people don't even realize it takes place in Idaho.

Also, when I moved to Texas, I thought the vast majority of people would have a stereotype about what it was like there (cowboy hats and farms). But as I travel and tell people I'm from Texas, the only stereotype they really have is Hot Summers. . . which isn't so much a stereotype but a fact :D

I've been to Idaho before too. Stayed at a friends house for a couple of days and then went skiing in Sun Valley. Good times.

Hello all, name's Jason, and I am old enough to have been playing Wizardry I on the Apple II in high school... if you know how old that is, please dont announce your age or mine, lol.

Been playing D&D since before AD&D came out... god Im old...

Its safe to say that I am a gaming addict, and am dying to get hold of a game that isnt into the powerlevel/grind/uberloot/uber clan raid game. Unfortunately, my fiancee is addicted to L2 so I am stuck there until HJ comes out so I can spend some online time with her in a game where you can actually RP :confused:

Heres looking forward to posting with you all, and (hopefully) playing HJ with you all as well :D

Xhar

Its safe to say that I am a gaming addict, and am dying to get hold of a game that isnt into the powerlevel/grind/uberloot/uber clan raid game. Unfortunately, my fiancee is addicted to L2 so I am stuck there until HJ comes out so I can spend some online time with her in a game where you can actually RP
Poor guy! I played L2 for about 6 months from closed beta, to past retail. I had 2 level 40's in a month, and then... I quit. Why? I hated the game!!! Grind, loot, raid, repeat...

However, welcome to the forums, and I'm glad to see more, and more people joining!

It was a really fun game while it lasted. I was on the Bartz server, always in the best guild. Whether that be Blood, or Equilibrium. We were the best, and the server knew it. What server were you on?

I started during the open beta on sieghardt, then recently moved to Lionna (long story, dont ask) I play there now with a fledgling clan, enjoying helping the n00bs in game and doing some relaxed hunting for a change, instead of doing the power grind.

Main char on Lionna is an orc name Mohhgaar
Main on Sieghardt (now retired lvl 5 clanleader) is named (you guessed it,) Xhardumahl

Xhar

Hi, I'm Felix and I'm hailing from Germany.

I'm 24 and been playing computer games since I was 6; could hardly read any english but knew how to start games. :smiley:
I study Geography and Industrial Design at the Universities of Gießen and Frankfurt (that's where this years soccer/football World Cup Finals are being held). I'm also working on my bachelor in Computer Sciences.

Ultima Online was my first MMO, shortly followed by EverQuest. I couldn't play them much since Internet Access was quite expensive back then. Recently I got hooked to Eve Online after ending my one-year career as priest in WoW.
Offline I play mostly RPGs (currently Oblivion and Avernum 4) and Strategy Games (currently Civ4) with the occasional Shooter in between (Singleplayer only).
I also enjoy Pen&Paper RPGs and am a GM to a Shadowrun- and a Rolemaster-Group. Never liked AD&D. :smiley:

I've had an eye on HJ for some time now and eagerly await it's presentation at E3. The concept of the game looks fantastic.
When I sort out my timetables for this year's semester, I might apply as GM for HJ.

Welcome Javewa!

I hope you enjoy the Hero's Hall forums, and find it quite pleasing to post here. All of your ideas will be welcome, and flamining is almost non existant (except in one thread on this forum).

Hi, my name is Mike. I'm 27 years old. I was born on Cape Cod, MA and now live about 45 minutes from Boston in Marshfield. I work as a technical writer for a firm that designs and manufactures microwave components for missile guidance/tracking and radar systems. I'm kind of a fitness and nutrition freak and I love playing and watching all kinds of sports.

I first got in to RPG's with the original Final Fantasy on the NES back in 1990. Shortly after that I started playing PnP RPG's. I started playing Final Fantasy XI in '03. That was my first MMORPG experience and I loved it (despite it's many flaws). I moved on to World of Warcraft when it was released but I stopped playing WoW when I hit the level cap and got sick of the raid grind in December. I've enjoyed my few months of "normal" life, free from the addiction of MMORPG's, but now I'm getting the itch again. Besides, Hero's Journey is looking too good to miss. ;)

OMG Korama, that sig! I LOVED THAT COMMERCIAL!!!

How Sam Waterson did that with a straight face, I'll never know :D

Oh yea, and welcome, lol

Hi folks.
My real name is Goran.Im 27yo. and I'm from Croatia.I run my own bussines.
I play games since comodore 64.
My first MMORPG expiriance was WOW and from that day on I dont play any other games.(couldnt play mmorpg before that couse internet in Croatia was very expensive and slow).Single player games just dont have those kind of liberty and interactions like MMORPG(and it never will,thats obvious).I play also Lineage 2,EVE,RFO,EQ2,D&D Online,GW.
Need to say that im very VERY excited about HJ couse I think it will meet all my grand expectations.

My name is Kevin aka whyte,I am 21 years old. I've been playing RPG's for a while now, I am currently playing IRO (International Ragnarok Online) I'm a collage student, Just looking into more RPG's, Even though RO is really good, I"ve been playing that game since beta 5.5 years ago, kinda getting old. That's it for me, Nice to meet thouse whom i'll see from the fourm's in the game.

Originally posted by whyte@May 7 2006, 05:27 PM
My name is Kevin aka whyte,I am 21 years old. I've been playing RPG's for a while now, I am currently playing IRO (International Ragnarok Online) I'm a collage student, Just looking into more RPG's, Even though RO is really good, I"ve been playing that game since beta 5.5 years ago, kinda getting old. That's it for me, Nice to meet thouse whom i'll see from the fourm's in the game.
I'm 21 too hurray we'll be in the 21 club.

I hate IRO though, yuckkkyy! It's boring, you can get to level 30 in a day, and then you take weeks moving anywhere else. And there's no fun quests to do.

Unless they changed something.
I remember randomly coming across the site once before they released it, and was like, aww I wanna play Rangarok! And then a couple years later I did.. And was like this is not what I expected.

Blah!

*runs!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back