Politics Iraq War Protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not meant as a flame to any war-protestors.

First off let me say i am a democrat that supports the war 100%.

Ok here we go:

Believe it or not, Saddam and high government officials ruled Iraqi people with fear and terror. Bush went in on the grounds of WMD's, none have been found, big deal. If you give me 10 years to hide a grain of sand somewhere in my house i guarantee you won't find it.

I believe in this war because i wouldn't want my government raping my sister, mother, daughter and get away with it every single time. I can't report it to anyone because the people i report to report directly to Saddam. You should never live in fear of your own government. Disapproving policies is alright, fearing your life is NOT.

Saddam's reign should have ended after his Kuwait invasion, that's where Bush sr. and Clinton went wrong. You can't expect people to live in fear of poverty and famine stricken communities post gulf war. Until the day police and federal officers come to your house and r@pe you don't talk about the misery that the Coalition has placed on the Iraqi people.

Yes, innocent iraqis have died during the war, but i guarantee you more would have died under Saddam's reign in half the time. Consider these innocent war-killed Iraqis as martyrs. As for Coalition soldiers, well my heart goes out to them, but this war is completly lopsided due to technology and information, if you had this war 40 years ago, deaths would be much higher on both sides. 1000 soldiers died in the past year and a half in Iraq? I say that's a reasonable number given the lopsidedness.

Was Iraq the greatest threat to world peace? Absolutely not ...... but Iraqi people deserve to live in peace and peace of mind.

Does guarding the Ministry of Oil building with coalition troops and not guarding hospitals look bad? Yes, but oil is Iraq's livelyhood and would not survive without it.

All in all, this "stop the war" talk has got to stop. You would want someone to save your ass too if you had to look over your shoulder everytime you spoke your mind for the greater good of society.

Besides that ... Kudos to Bush for invading Iraq, it was the only good thing he did in his 4 years as president,but leave the U.S. economy and social programs to the Democrats.

/that is all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back