Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evil

• In Between

• Not Sure

• Total voters
it seems the ppl who have voted are 50/50 between evil and not sure...I thought for sure she was evil but now...she's kinda starting to grow on me and that seriously scares me!
oh no! I must be under her spell too! :woot: :thinking: :nervous: :Paranoid:

I voted on between, but she's closer to the evil side

--she's in the Prophecy
--she shot Syd
--she has an evil history
--when Jack says she's scheming (especially in the Salvation ep) he sounds right

When she first came on Alias I thought she was a :cuss: but now shes ok, but i still think she's ultimately evil

I'm in between on Irina being good or evil. I was weary of her at first, but she started growing on me too. Next week though, we will find out where her loyalties lie.

I am feeling the evilness. Though she seems nice, I think that she's just a calculating :cuss: who is only looking out for herself

Irina was so firm in The Passage. I liked it. But it can also translate to evil.

Considering what she was up to as "The Man" and the reliability of Rambaldi's prophecies so far, I'd say she's basically evil. However, I'm really hoping that it will turn out that Irina's contact with Jack has "tainted" her just as it has him, only in an opposite manner. That is, when pushed far enough in the right way, perhaps even in spite of herself, she finds herself doing the right thing (such as shooting Khasinau instead of Sydney). It would give her a layer of complexity that she wouldn't have if she were just straight evil, unaffected by her involvement with Jack and Sydney.

being in the prophecy doesn't mean that she's evil. I'm not sure that "the greatest power" is the US. I think it's the Alliance. anyway, I'd she is "evil" but I think she cares for Syd and Jack. ;)

verdantheart said:
she finds herself doing the right thing (such as shooting Khasinau instead of Sydney). It would give her a layer of complexity that she wouldn't have if she were just straight evil, unaffected by her involvement with Jack and Sydney.
Very true, but like Jack says, she could be scheming. Who knows if she ultimately plans to betray Sydney and Jack.

I like your analysis of things. :smiley:

I voted not sure. If it was her in the prophecy on page 47, she's just got her own agenda and she's fooling a lot of people into liking her, including me. I definitely know she has an evil side, but now I think we're really seeing a better side of her too - a maternal relationship toward Syd. Ultimately, I believe that she is probably evil, but at this point in the show, her actions are giving me doubts.

i voted nice only because i want her to be
but i love how shes so mysterious... and how now sydney loves her. it must really hurt the dad. and like if i were syd... doesnt she think about all the terrrrrrrrible things irina did?

I think Irena is good, okay she use to be bad, but she probably changed!
I don't think she would of just turned herself into the CIA, on PASSAGE PART 1 if she was bad she could of just picked up a machine gun and kill Sydney and Jack, but she didn't!

She could of gave Sydney false advice and by accidently killed Sydney!

I don't think Irina is evil. I think the jury is still out. After watching Passage I know that she cares deeply for Jack and Syd and there's still alot of her past we don't know. Like when she said she was a prisioner. I don't believe for a minute that she's evil. Not like Sloane. He's still the biggest baddie for me.

I'll allow that there's a possiblity that she's working toward--or believes that she's working toward--a greater good. Prophecies are equivocal, and so is what we know of Irina. I do believe that she loves Sydney--and Jack. However, it does seem clear that up until her departure, she did fulfill her undercover mission for the KGB as Jack's wife, which included not only undermining his work, betraying his trust on the most fundamental level, but also assassination (which doesn't seem to be disputed at this time). It's hard to picture a truly good person doing all this, even if her motive is to try to hold her family together for as long as possible. Irina may turn out to be one of the most fascinating characters--particularly female characters--ever portrayed on the small screen.

However, it does seem clear that up until her departure, she did fulfill her undercover mission for the KGB as Jack's wife, which included not only undermining his work, betraying his trust on the most fundamental level, but also assassination (which doesn't seem to be disputed at this time). It's hard to picture a truly good person doing all this
that doesn't mean she is evil. she was working for her country. does that makes her evil only because she killed CIA (american) agents? Nope. While they (Jack/Syd/Irina) were on Pakistan they killed lots of rebels and the PRF people. does that makes them evil too? the concept of evil is very complex when you're a spy.

verdantheart said:
It's hard to picture a truly good person doing all this, even if her motive is to try to hold her family together for as long as possible.
True. How can a person go through that kind of a transition--being part of an evil organization, starting your own evil organization, and then helping your family and the CIA? Even though The Passage Part II almost declared Irina good, it could be an ongoing question what Irina's intentions are.

I don't think she wants to help the CIA. She already said that she doesn't trust them. I think the main reason she turned herself in was to get closer to Syd and Jack. why? I don't know. I need answers! :(

that doesn't mean she is evil. she was working for her country.
I suppose you could take a stretch and excuse things this way. But assassination is not self-defense. Sydney undertook assassination in exchange for Vaughn's life, something that both Sydney and Jack took extremely seriously. Now, we don't know the complete circumstances of her undercover work. Was it simply a matter of carrying out her mission; extending the time that she could spend with her family; or did she see herself as somehow exchanging those lives for Jack's? We do not yet know.

However, do I see a woman who kills the friends and colleagues of the man she (supposedly) loves as completely good? That's really hard to do. Do I see undercover work as inherently treading the edge of the abyss? Absolutely. Her mission was predicated on betrayal. Do I think she fully understood what she was committing herself to? No. But if she fell in love with Jack, she doesn't seem to have reached out to him personally and tried to make up for it until now.

What does she put first? Her husband and child? Her country? What is more important to her? Did Irina put her country first taking love where she found it only to find that her country/ideology wasn't what she thought it was (the hug of "The Abduction")? But if her motive is truly to atone and seek forgiveness, she is showing true courage.

We need to see something from Irina's point of view before we can get a better read of her. But I think that it's clear she wants Sydney--and perhaps Jack--back. Even last year, she seemed to be trying to push them out of SD-6 (through Haladki's deep-throat help to Will). When that failed, she showed up at the CIA--where Sydney and Jack are.

verdantheart said:
But I think that it's clear she wants Sydney--and perhaps Jack--back. Even last year, she seemed to be trying to push them out of SD-6 (through Haladki's deep-throat help to Will). When that failed, she showed up at the CIA--where Sydney and Jack are.
I didn't know that that was Irina's intention. Was it directly mentioned in the show?

Back