Season 2 Irina Reveals what to Sydney

This is gonna be a bit long...
Everybody's right about the "truth" taking a lot more time than an episode to be told! I don't think Irina can tell Syd everything down to the littlest detail...but here's my theory....
1.What if Irina, when she was still working for KGB as Jack's wife, accidentally discovers Sloane's obsession with Rambaldi and was convinced that the prophesy was true.
2.And what if the prophesy was not really about her, but about her daughter, Sydney? (I mean let's face it, Sydney could still be the ONE foretold. If you really think about how the prophesy was phrased, seeing Mt. Whatsitsname doesn't disqualify her.)
3. What if Irina left Jack and Sydney exactly becoz of this...to find a way to know more about everything Rambaldi to stop apocalypse from happening.
4.And that is why she is so obsessed about getting all the artifacts, right?
5.Truth takes time: You think Sydney would believe her mother if she told her this? No! Hence, truth takes time!!!

jason bourne Posted on Apr 21 2003, 11:40 PM
Everybody's right about the "truth" taking a lot more time than an episode to be told! I don't think Irina can tell Syd everything down to the littlest detail...but here's my theory....
1.What if Irina, when she was still working for KGB as Jack's wife, accidentally discovers Sloane's obsession with Rambaldi and was convinced that the prophesy was true.
2.And what if the prophesy was not really about her, but about her daughter, Sydney? (I mean let's face it, Sydney could still be the ONE foretold. If you really think about how the prophesy was phrased, seeing Mt. Whatsitsname doesn't disqualify her.)
3. What if Irina left Jack and Sydney exactly becoz of this...to find a way to know more about everything Rambaldi to stop apocalypse from happening.
4.And that is why she is so obsessed about getting all the artifacts, right?
5.Truth takes time: You think Sydney would believe her mother if she told her this? No! Hence, truth takes time!!!

Not bad, BUT
Only Jack, Vaughn and Sydney know about Page 47 with the prophecy because Sydney stole the blank page which was eventually brought back into print by the fluid Sydeny was sent after. (Whew! That was a long sentence!) Irina and Sloane do not know anything about what was on Page 47. :Ph34r:
I agree that Sydney should pay attention to her mother's declaration that Truth Takes Time! :cool:

Irina knows about Page 47. Haladki knew about the prophecy and he was a mole, remember? He must have told her.

That is actually a very interesting theory. How high up on the totem pole was Hadalki in the CIA though?

:chatchairs: Well we could sit and argue all through this thread, but since I didn't copy the first year (Arrrghh!) I'm gonna wait until I sit down and watch what a dirty :ninja: rotten little two faced Hadlaki was, but I think he was over Vaughn.... :confused: (When I get my DVD'S) :D

However, once more ... what is IRINA GOING TO TELL SYDNEY during the last two part season finale?????
GO GO GO
:woot:

What does that prove though? :confused:

Haladki was Interagency Liaison, which means he worked between the CIA and FBI. I'm not sure how high-ranking that was. but he did get to see classified documents of FBI and CIA.

:smiley:

I still don't really get what Irina means by "Truth Takes Time". There are good theorys but I still don't really get what she means. I just gotta wait and see.

:rolleyes: Oh well, you can always go to the fan fiction sites and start reading some really terrific stuff, mine included. And I'm not sure they're going to do reruns, especially when they changed horses in January. :thinking:

I really think that Sloane is Syd's Father and yes, I also think its a posibility that Sark (could be) Syd's bro. But Im pretty sure thats something that Irena is going to tell Sydney, as much as I really DONT want Sloane to be her dad its a huge possibility. I also think Irena is just working for herself, or trying to bring the bad guys down, she's definately NOT with Sloane though. YAY! Tell Syd something honest for a change. poor Sydney, her life sux. Vaughn better not kill Irena, even though I could see why he would want to, but Vaughn and Syd are so cute 2gether! Oh nO! what if Irena and Vaughn's Dad were once lovers and then he betrayed her somehow and that's why she killed him! Oh NO! o.k im shutting up.

spygal87 Posted on Apr 26 2003, 11:21 AM
I really think that Sloane is Syd's Father
:angry: I sincerely hope you are wrong on that one!! :confused:
I know it's been mentioned before, but Irina and Sloane -- arrrrgh!! What a downer for Sydney!! Besides what father would threaten his daughter like he did after Phase One -- "I'll kill you if you get in my way." :eek:

Irena is just working for herself, or trying to bring the bad guys down
This is a good possibility. I've often wondered if she was in a very deep cover, working for her government. I know some of the rest of us have thot that a possibility. Still I'm not sure she's going to reveal that. I think it will be about Rambaldi and her obsession, which could involve something about Sydney. :rolleyes:

what if Irena and Vaughn's Dad were once lovers and then he betrayed her somehow and that's why she killed him!
Yipes!!!! Of course, we'd have to know more about Vaughn's dad and all we know is that Irina alledgedly killed him in a most brutal way. :thinking:

I definitely think that we will get a tid bit about what Irina is real after and what her motivations are, but she won't reveal all. is lena olin signed up for another season???

The Kate Vartan Posted on May 3 2003, 12:23 AM
is lena olin signed up for another season???
:rolleyes: Who knows except JJ and Lena. I think we;ll know by the end of the second of the two episodes. :cool:
Then we'll either :jump: for joy or get :angry: Oh well only 38 hrs and 10 minutes...

I love Irina but she cannot be totally good. Along with many things she told Sark to blow up that lab with lots of people in it. I could go on but Irina has killed or had killed lots of people in ways that would get her a death sentence for certain if caught again.

I do think Irina possibly loves Sydney though.

Milferd Posted on May 3 2003, 04:28 PM
I love Irina but she cannot be totally good. Along with many things she told Sark to blow up that lab with lots of people in it. I could go on but Irina has killed or had killed lots of people in ways that would get her a death sentence for certain if caught again.

In Countdown the monk alluded to the fact that Emily had to die in order to "possibly" save millions. Perhaps we should think that even killing a few (by Irina in her quest) is justified when millions are saved. Just a thought.

This has been discussed before in another forum. It's a pretty interesting ethical and moral point to discuss.
For Irina, who compartmentalizes as well Sydney, killing as a means to an end, is possible and probable.

So based on what little we know, HOW MUCH of everything involving herself, does Irina disclose to Sydney? :rolleyes:

Back