Season 2 Irina

hmm... it's an interesting theory - that she's just out for herself - but it's not too practical, is it? i mean, you can't really have a one-woman organization, can you? i think she's aligned herself with someone, but whether it's sloane & sark or the cia is anyone's guess.

and then there's still the $64,000 question: why did she turn herself into the cia in the first place? out of the goodness of her own heart? yeah right. there HAD to be an ulterior motive to it but what was it??

I think she turned herself in because I mean come on, she got something out of it, didn't she? She got that manuscript. AND SD-6 got taken down while she was in there, which allowed a lot of the Rambaldi stuff to come to the surface.

And yeah, in theory you can't have a one woman organization, but if you're smart enough (which I'm thinking Irina is) you can use the right people at the right time to get what you want, ultimately making you stronger than the person you used.

if she's evil, then she probably turned herself in to get close to Syd, because she may think that Syd is the woman in the prophecy (and i'm not convinced that she's not) , so she wants to be able to use syd

lenkid said:
I think she turned herself in because I mean come on, she got something out of it, didn't she? She got that manuscript. AND SD-6 got taken down while she was in there, which allowed a lot of the Rambaldi stuff to come to the surface.
but how could she foresee the end of sd-6 and the alliance unless she was working with sloane?

Crawstinium said:
if she's evil, then she probably turned herself in to get close to Syd, because she may think that Syd is the woman in the prophecy (and i'm not convinced that she's not) , so she wants to be able to use syd
hmm... intersting theory. I personally wouldnt want to be close to a woman who could destroy the world but thats jsut me ;)

I think maybe that Rambaldi passage is being interpreted wrong. What it actually says is the person in the prophecey will "render the greatest power unto utter destruction". Well, what if when Sloane gets all this Rambaldi stuff together, he is the "greatest power"? Then, whoever the subject of the prophecy is, either Irina or Sydney (or somone else) would be "destroying" Sloane (a good thing) to fulfill the prophecy. The wording is tricky....
AMEN! (y)

Because she was working with Sark before she turned herself in. Then suddenly Sark aligns himself with Sloane. Sloane then learns of Sydney and Jack being double agents, and leaks the info for the Alliance and SD-6 to be brought down. Maybe Irina knew about her family being doubles before she turned herself in?

lenkid said:
Because she was working with Sark before she turned herself in. Then suddenly Sark aligns himself with Sloane. Sloane then learns of Sydney and Jack being double agents, and leaks the info for the Alliance and SD-6 to be brought down. Maybe Irina knew about her family being doubles before she turned herself in?
irina did know that jack and sydney were doubles before she turned herself in (remember haladki) but that still doesn't explain how she knew that sloane would plan the takedown of the alliance. sloane supposedly didn't know that jack and syd were doubles until sark told him after irina was in cia custody, so how would they have contacted one another?

okay, i feel like i'm contradicting myself somewhere, but whatever, this show makes my head spin.

But we already knew she did

lol I know it does make me rather confused... :P

Well time for bed for me, being sick is no fun :( Talk to you all later :bye:

crazy spinster said:
irina did know that jack and sydney were doubles before she turned herself in (remember haladki) but that still doesn't explain how she knew that sloane would plan the takedown of the alliance. sloane supposedly didn't know that jack and syd were doubles until sark told him after irina was in cia custody, so how would they have contacted one another?
Ok, so Irina did know that Jack and Sydney were doubles. That means that before she turned herself in, she could have told Sark this information, and to wait until a good time to go to Sloane with it. Sloane wanted the Alliance to end, because it seems that he's really wanted to save his wife, and the only way for that to happen was to have the end of the Alliance. Also, the end of the Alliance would allow him to follow Rambaldi's work without any interference, or having to give the end result to anyone but him. Irina was probably counting on this, and seeing as she was in custody at the time, no one would have suspected her as mastermining the plan. She didn't have to contact Sark. Everything was pre-arranged.

lenkid said:
Ok, so Irina did know that Jack and Sydney were doubles. That means that before she turned herself in, she could have told Sark this information, and to wait until a good time to go to Sloane with it. Sloane wanted the Alliance to end, because it seems that he's really wanted to save his wife, and the only way for that to happen was to have the end of the Alliance. Also, the end of the Alliance would allow him to follow Rambaldi's work without any interference, or having to give the end result to anyone but him. Irina was probably counting on this, and seeing as she was in custody at the time, no one would have suspected her as mastermining the plan. She didn't have to contact Sark. Everything was pre-arranged.
wow. that's a LOT to count on. i really don't think anyone can plan THAT well.

lol, I know, I know.

but side note, crazy, you rock talking to. I love bouncing ideas back and forth with you.

lenkid said:
lol, I know, I know.

but side note, crazy, you rock talking to. I love bouncing ideas back and forth with you.
thanks!! :D same to you, lenkid!! :D

yeah, i'm digging this thread. i love how the show just makes us think up all these wild theories and you KNOW what they're planning is just something so wild that none of us have even thought about it.

crazy spinster said:
thanks!!   :D   same to you, lenkid!!   :D

yeah, i'm digging this thread.  i love how the show just makes us think up all these wild theories and you KNOW what they're planning is just something so wild that none of us have even thought about it.

Thanks crazy :D

I know! That's the best part. We'll wind up coming up with something that'll be totally plausible and would actually work, and then get blown away when something completely different happens.

Alot of what has been said is so good, especially your speculation about the prophecy.
I didn't read eveyrthing, so if I repeat this...
What happened to Page 47? Sloane or Irina doesn't have it. Correct me, but doesn't the CIA have that page? Do Sloane or Irina Know what's on that page?

And here's another thot, according to the plot threads we get tossed, Emily is supposed to show up soon AND she has been bought a home in Tuscany by Sloane. :rolleyes:
And isn't Mt. Suribasi in Tuscany, Italy?????? Hummmmm?

A lot theories and speculation will be tossed about the next two weeks until the 16th (Truth takes Time).
I loved the scene between IRina and Sydney ... and the end shot of Jack standing alone knowing he was betraued again by the woman he has loved for 30 years.
They the writers are not making it easy for us to come up with any reasonable theory. We ge sucker-punched every time.
But, heck, its great fun anyway. ;)

Back