Irina

*IriS*

Cadet
the more i watch season 2 episodes, the more i wonder about Irina and her motives. which is a good sign ;).

anyways, i'm curious about something. in A Dark Turn, when Sark comes to pick her up, why does she insist on taking the guards with her? she could have gone to Sloane alone...

another thing, and this is more of a thought than a question. in Truth Takes Time, Irina and Sark go into that genetic database at Brucker Biotech to retrieve info. isn't it possible that Irina had double motives into stealing info from there? one is for whatever purposes she and Sloane had and two, to try and locate Nadia. so it's possible that Irina was already searching for her daughter since her escape from CIA custody. or even earlier.

and yet another thing that is confusing me is, if she knew that Nadia is the Passenger all along, and that was the reason she left, then why did she want Sydney to get a hold of all of the Rambaldi artefacts towards the end of season 2? didn't she need them (and especially Il Dire) to find Nadia?

am i getting things wrong and confusing myself?!

*IriS* said:
anyways, i'm curious about something. in A Dark Turn, when Sark comes to pick her up, why does she insist on taking the guards with her? she could have gone to Sloane alone...
I think that she did this to delay suspicion. If she got into the car leaving the guards behind, it would make sense that she is in league with Sark (or Sloane, whoever arrived in the car) because she was leaving behind protection against that person.

another thing, and this is more of a thought than a question. in Truth Takes Time, Irina and Sark go into that genetic database at Brucker Biotech to retrieve info. isn't it possible that Irina had double motives into stealing info from there? one is for whatever purposes she and Sloane had and two, to try and locate Nadia. so it's possible that Irina was already searching for her daughter since her escape from CIA custody. or even earlier.
That's a possibility, but I have an alternate explanation, see below.

and yet another thing that is confusing me is, if she knew that Nadia is the Passenger all along, and that was the reason she left, then why did she want Sydney to get a hold of all of the Rambaldi artefacts towards the end of season 2? didn't she need them (and especially Il Dire) to find Nadia?
If she knew, she had the secret to Rambaldi's endgame within her hands. I suggest that she got the goods (possibly with Katya's help), then delivered Nadia to the orphanage for safekeeping/hiding/protection. She wanted the artifacts to keep them away from Sloane, to keep him off of Nadia's trail--having left him with the false impression (somehow) that Nadia was dead and lost to him all these years. I suggest that Rambaldi's endgame is something that she desperately wants to keep from Sloane and others. Clearly, if she knows what it is, she herself has not acted on this information in all this time.

Moving to Irina section . . .
;)

ooh interesting theory about Nadia!

but about my first point, it just doesn't seem to me that she wanted them to come along to delay suspicion. i mean it could have been expected that Sark will not let her take the guards with him. and remember how Kendall was surprised that she actually managed to take them with her? so i don't think they were expecting that. which is why it struck me as odd. and she certainly didn't convince Sark to take them with her just so they could be killed.

ps: why didn't i think of posting this in the Irina thread? lol. thanks for moving it, V.

*IriS* said:
but about my first point, it just doesn't seem to me that she wanted them to come along to delay suspicion. i mean it could have been expected that Sark will not let her take the guards with him. and remember how Kendall was surprised that she actually managed to take them with her? so i don't think they were expecting that. which is why it struck me as odd. and she certainly didn't convince Sark to take them with her just so they could be killed.
Of course, it could have been because the guards could have gotten a better bead on their escape route . . . since the satellite was out and they were headed under cover . . . or in case they got wise so that they couldn't take action and disable the car or the driver or whatever . . . but the exact reasons are hard to tell. It's a minor point.
;)

verdantheart said:
*IriS* said:
Of course, it could have been because the guards could have gotten a better bead on their escape route . . . since the satellite was out and they were headed under cover . . . or in case they got wise so that they couldn't take action and disable the car or the driver or whatever . . . but the exact reasons are hard to tell. It's a minor point.
;)
lol.. i suppose. sometimes we think too much ;).

*IriS* said:
verdantheart said:
*IriS* said:
;)
lol.. i suppose. sometimes we think too much ;).
only sometimes?

*Vulcan eye-brow lift*

yeah sometimes we think too much, but here's a very good point: you can't think TOO MUCH of irina. impossibility. right? or is it just me that spends most of my thoughts on irina? (and other alias things...) ;)
:Ph34r: pii :Ph34r:

and a few more questions.... about Irina's age.

do we know how old she is, and how old she was when she first met Jack?

I'm assuming that Irina is probably in her 50s? If you look at her profile on abc.com it says her b-day on there.

There was a mention and lots of theories that she met Jack in college. If that gives you any idea to when they met.

Back