Season 2 Irina's admission

SpyFam03 said:
Jack's getting better though. He no longer denies that the woman has feelings (maternal or otherwise). I don't know, however, if he realizes that she feels for him. He may refuse to see it. Jack's had a lot of curves thrown his way. Maybe he's stopped hoping for the best and simply expects the worst.
Oh, he knows. He tested her feelings. That's why he doesn't deny her feelings.

But Irina, she keeps hoping. Why? Because that's all she has left. When she left, Jack and Sydney still had each other. She lost them both. She wants her family back. She proved that to me when she gave up Rambaldi.
I don't know that it's clear that she gave up Rambaldi.

When our three Bristows finally do stand together (I have to hope too), I pity anyone that tries to come between them.
I'll agree with that!
;)

i think that irina loves syd, i'm not sure about jack. however, i don't think that she lets her love dictate her actions. she loves them, but if they get in her way, trouble begins.

I agree with you lot Irina as she said loves Syd, a motherly daughter love far outways a wife and husband love, although Irina does love Jack. I think Jack still loves her and Sydney always has and always will, no matter how hard she trys to tell herself she hates her. Take for eg. the finale where Irina was on the roof, Sydney started to get really emotional, like when she said "Get..down...now", and when Irina jumped that was it, did you see how she went, it looked like she was having a breakdown. :(

btw, anyone remember what she did to Syd on the ice-rink? She said she loved her but than knocks her out ... what love is that? Is it maybe that is the night that Syd disappeared?

I don't even know why she did that...and I'm kind of mad because of it.  I thought it would be like so she could make a point or something, but I don't know.

Syd tried to attack Irina, that is when she knocked her out.

ALIAS_RULES said:
Syd tried to attack Irina, that is when she knocked her out.
No, that's when she knocked Sydney down. She knocked Sydney out right after she apologized and right as she left.
;)

A couple of thoughts to interject...think about this.
Sydney's disappearance for almost two years could have been caused by being hit several times in the head, or knocked down which could have led to a head injury causing amnesia. Remember: Sydney hit the back of her head on the ice when Irina took the hockey stick away from her; Irina hit her in order to prevent her from contacting the CIA or following her, (but watching her on ice skates, that wouldn't have happened) and then she had a knockdown, drag out fight with Francie/Allison and in the middle of that finding WILL dead in the bathtub (just as she did Danny). :confused:
and

SpyFam03 Posted on Jun 1 2003, 02:59 PM
[/QUOTE]I don't know, however, if he realizes that she feels for him.
I think Jack is ambivalent here. He has suffered betrayal from a woman he loved too well and there is doubt. If, however, Irina told the truth to Sydney : "My love for you, for your father, was not a contrivance." would Sydney have told this to her father? I dont think so. I'm not sure whether Sydney really believed her...or heard her. I think Irina does love her daughter. She tells her three times. :love: :love: :love:
(If the writers had wanted to put in a dramatic scene between father and daughter that would have been a good one.)

Ahhh and the Bristows together on an assignment/action/ adventure would have been dynamite. It will be interesting to see what happens in season 3. Will they find themselves together again? I hope so. :cool:

hmmm I thought it rather funny when someone asked if Jack loved Irina back ^_^ and Irina is definitely not a *****. I'd say more but you guys seemed to have covered it... :rolleyes:

How could a head injury or amnesia have made her disappear? Just wondering.. :blink:

lenafan said:
SpyFam03 Posted on Jun 1 2003, 02:59 PM
I don't know, however, if he realizes that she feels for him.
I think Jack is ambivalent here. He has suffered betrayal from a woman he loved too well and there is doubt. If, however, Irina told the truth to Sydney : "My love for you, for your father, was not a contrivance." would Sydney have told this to her father? I dont think so.
I'm not sure that Sydney would have told Jack about it. However, I believe that Jack knows--at least that he knows that Irina has some feeling for him. He tested her feelings. For detailed reasoning about why I feel this way, see my season summary (link in sig) in the Jack & Irina discussion. But I also think that Jack believes--sadly--that it doesn't matter; that is, that Irina's feelings for him do not influence her plans or actions.
;)

aliasjgfanaticmv said:
How could a head injury or amnesia have made her disappear? Just wondering.. :blink:
plus she doesn't have any signs of a head injury and it'd have to be a major one to knock her out.

Yes Jack probably thinks Irina cares but knows that Rambadi is Irina’s addiction. And jack knows that a addict will often choose their addiction over the people they love.

Milferd Posted on Jun 8 2003, 08:40 PM
Yes Jack probably thinks Irina cares but knows that Rambadi is Irina’s addiction. And jack knows that a addict will often choose their addiction over the people they love.

But Irina has been cut out of the loop by Sloane. And he has Il Dire...he supposedly double-crossed her before she did him... :angry:
How is she going to fulfill her addiction? We know Sydney didn't / and the CIA didnt/ find Sloane.
Her last words to SYdney, "I love you." :love: They were not "find Sloane."
Do you think she'll be able to get over the addiction or is she going to use Sydney to get Il Dire? (Food for thot for
the next season). :Ph34r:
OR is it possible she knows more about the prophecy than anyone else: Sloane, Sydney and Jack. If so, HOW?
( Remember she tells Sydney that she was the chosen one, not Irina, in the prophecy.) :Ph34r:

Ahhhh, more food for thought.:argue:

lenafan said:
( Remember she tells Sydney that she was the chosen one, not Irina, in the prophecy.) :Ph34r:
That, at least, she should know. She could certainly have her own platelets, heart, and DNA tested before she ever walked into the CIA. Therefore she would have known all along whether it was Sydney that that particular prophecy referred to.

As far as any other Rambaldi prophecies? Good question. Sloane is in possession of a couple, apparently, that she is not (those from Conrad). She might be in possession of a few Sloane is not. We can't tell. I still think that it's unlikely that Irina knows about Conrad--because he certainly seems to have interfered with her plans . . .
;)

verdantheart Posted on Jun 9 2003, 08:47 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (lenafan @ Jun 8 2003, 10:15 PM)
( Remember she tells Sydney that she was the chosen one, not Irina, in the prophecy.) 

That, at least, she should know. She could certainly have her own platelets, heart, and DNA tested before she ever walked into the CIA. Therefore she would have known all along whether it was Sydney that that particular prophecy referred to.

Damn that darn Hadlaki...he keeps popping up to spoil my analysis. :angry: Guess I'd better put his name up on my computer to remind me. :cool:

Back