Irina's Death...and more about Jack...

Hickeroar

Cadet
OK, for a little background of where i am in Alias, i started watching Alias at Episode 3 of Season 4. I immediatley went out and rented all of season 3 and watched all 22 episodes in one weekend (three very long sittings). Now i'm hardcore addicted to it. Kinda one of those sick addictions where i'm constantly turning it over in my head while i'm at work and stuff. I haven't watched any of season 1 & 2 yet, but i plan on renting and watching that as well...(just hopefully not all in one weekend this time...)

Obviously Syd's mom was alive near the end of Season 2 because Syd has a flashback to talking to her on the roof of some building and it's implying that it was SOMEWHAT recent.

I have heard it said that during episodes 1 and 2 of season 4 (which i missed) it's revealed that Jack killed Syd's mom. Is this all that is revealed about those black pages that are read with UV light at the end of Season 3? What else did they say? Anything about Syd's captivity?

If any of these assumptions are incorrect due to me not seeing season 1 and 2 yet, please let me know:

How on earth can Syd's mom be dead? Jack talked to her on several occasions via the instant messenger right near the end of season 3? Or was that Katya (sp?) and he was calling that "his wife" as a cover? Something doesn't add up with her being dead because it seemed like they silently developed her into someone very involved in the plot during Season 3. It wasn't said as much as it was maybe implied by attitude.

Also, what the heck is up with Jack? Why does he always seem to know what is going on everywhere? Who are these mysterious contacts that he has who he gets so much of his information from? Where did he get the funds for his weapon and money stashes like the one he fixed Sloan up in and later sends Vaughn to for supplies to kill Lauren? Why on earth would someone in his position have supplies and methods for undetectible corpse disposal? Sounds to me like he's got a lot more going on than meets the surface. And why did he train Syd from a young age? I don't accept that he just wanted her to be a child brought up to be in the CIA. That's too obvious. It sounds like he knew exactly what was going on from when Syd was only a child.

Also, can someone enlighten me on Anna? I guess she must have been a season 1 or 2 character that i missed first time around.

Also, Alison. Anyone still believe she might be alive? She's been shot up twice and been "miraculously healed" with a Rambaldi medicine or something.

Why did Will suddenly drop off again? (Allisons old "boyfriend," i think that was his name. Witness protection guy.) Anyone wanna speculate on his future role?

Thanks for any insight.

okay well anna was in the fisrt season she was with K directorate and was basically the evil version of syd. During the retrival of a rambaldi artifact that syd would have to get for sloane, anna would be right on her tail. they are equally match in fighting. You never really knew about what happened to her she just dissepear until season 4

well i think that alison/francie are both dead but that jj has aaproached merrin dungey to appear in dreams of people so that they can change the storyline.

well will was in all of the 1st and 2nd season and once you watch that you will totally love him. but he was put into witness protection because of alison/france and after syd went missing they thought that was the best place for him. there also is some speculation that will (bradley cooper ) might come back because jj was talking to him but he is cuurenly starrin on another show as is Francie/allison on theWB.

you should really rent the 1st season because you know why syd hates sloane so much. the 2nd season to seee irina drevko and when syd and vaughn are togrther cause they aresooo cvute. just a little preview the 4th disk is the best

and i'm sure you know that irina isn't relly dead and thT SHE'll be in the season finale

03laynek said:
okay well anna was in the fisrt season she was with K directorate and was basically the evil version of syd. During the retrival of a rambaldi artifact that syd would have to get for sloane, anna would be right on her tail. they are equally match in fighting. You never really knew about  what happened to her she just dissepear until season 4

well i think that alison/francie are both dead but that jj has aaproached merrin dungey to appear in dreams of people so that they can change the storyline.

well will was in all of the 1st and 2nd season and once you watch that you will totally love him. but he was put into witness protection because of alison/france and after syd went missing they thought that was the best place for him. there also is some speculation that will (bradley cooper ) might come back because jj was talking to him but he is cuurenly starrin on another show as is Francie/allison on theWB.

you should really rent the 1st season because you know why syd hates sloane so much. the 2nd season to seee irina drevko and when syd and vaughn are togrther cause they aresooo cvute. just a little preview the 4th disk is the best

and i'm sure you know that irina isn't relly dead and thT SHE'll be in the season finale
[post="1239172"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, didn't know she would be in the season finale, but i figured she'd be back... I wonder how Jack explains that one to syd and nadia now that they both think she's dead...

What was with the break from the story line they did for a number of episodes at the beginning of this season? Rambaldi didnt even get a mention until episode 8...unless i wasnt paying attention...

Speculation: Do you think the "object" syd and nadia are supposed to fight over the rambaldi sphere that's supposed to hold his conciousness or whatever?

When you refer to the 4th disk, do you mean 2nd volume DVD 2? I'll be watching Seasons 1 and 2 starting this week, prolly two episodes a night as time permits... Just gonna watch it all. I want to see episodes 1 and 2 of season 4 because i missed them...

Gonna rent season

They did break the storyline for the first 7 episodes to catch new viewers (look at yourself ;)), so that also people who haven't seen one of the episodes can watch it on, and to make them "addicted" so that they would want to watch every week.

As for Irina:
She was supposed to be dead at the beginning of S1 (you'll see that, I don't want to spoil everything for you), but "somehow" she was still alive and returned in the end of the first season. She was there completely in the second season (best season of all times btw ;) ), and she was also alive at the end.
Since they couldn't get Lena Olin back for the third season (for private reasons we should all fully respect), Irina was only acting in the background (the msn thing you mentioned) , and when they realized that they also wouldn't manage to get her for the fourth season they decided to kill her character.
Ok, so well.
But the worse thing is: They are trying to tell us that Jack did kill his own wife because she "put out a hit on Sydney". [I think nobody does believe that, you'll see why after S2]
The "murder" must have taken place sometimes in late S3 (before Resurrection perhaps), but now .....
ETA: I deleted that part because I realized it was a spoiler outside the spoilerforum. Head there if you like to know more about Irina and S4.

Hope that was of help.

Yeah that helps a lot.

One question though: Those black documents at the end of Season 3: Did those have ANYTHING to do with Sydney's captivity? It seems to me like they were kinda pointing that way at the end of season 3. Or was all of it detailing her mom's death? And why and how on earth did Lauren know about it right before she died? And why on earth did she say it was something to explain the whole situation going on and sydneys captivity and stuff and then have it only be about her mom?

^ They haven't explained SAB 47 to my satisfaction either. I hope the writers don't try to say that Irina's death was the only thing in there. I think there's more to it.

Back