• Kendall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dixon

• Vaughn (that would be strange)

• Total voters
I am all for Jack, but I have a friend who is convinced Irina and
Vaughn would be rather amusing. What do yall think?

jack straight up - as if there would ever be a contest ;)

but irina/vaughn :confused:
erm yeah gonna have to go with slightly strange.....

Jack, definitely. But unfortunately that doesn't mean she's good for him.

Nobody else has gotten any votes so far! ^_^

Ophelia said:
Jack, definitely.  But unfortunately that doesn't mean she's good for him.

[post="1104401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Indeed.

I commented a day or two ago on the Anti-Sarkney thread about why a relationship between Sydney and Sark would be...all kinds of difficult, and would require profound changes to one or the other character.

Some of the same dynamic applies to J and I, except that in their case, the damage was done before we met them.

My take on the characters is that what we see in Sydney today, is in many ways a female version of what Jack Bristow once was. Idealistic, loving, able to be trusting. Oh, I'm sure he had his cold side, even then, but then again, Sydney has a cold side today, when it's awakened.

I suspect that Irina Derevko was to Jack Bristow was Julian Sark would be to Sydney, if a serious Sarkney relationship ever happened. She put his soul in a blender and set it on 'puree', and in pulling himself back together, the J of those days became the J we know today.

Mind you, she was trapped in that blender too. If the marriage to Irina turned a younger Jack into what we see today, it may also have turned a KGB assassin into something...more complicated.

Ironically, the very wounds they've inflicted on each other over the years have left them both so damaged that they may be the only people who can really understand each other, or heal any of the damage. But the question remains whether Irina is a healing presence. She probably could be, but does she want to be, or does she even understand the necessity?

Let's face it, in the time since she's been back, can anybody honestly say that Jack has benefitted from contact with her?

MargoSark said:
I am all for Jack, but I have a friend who is convinced Irina and
Vaughn would be perfect. What do yall think?
[post="1096433"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think after they were caught, the first thing to do would be check them both for mind-control implants. :lol: Assuming Jack and Sydney didn't simply shoot them both on the spot.

That relationship would be...not incestuous, but something emotionally sort of on the same level. If they can ever simply reach a point of simple forgiveness, that would be miraculous.

NumberSix said:
Indeed.

Let's face it, in the time since she's been back,  can anybody honestly say that Jack has benefitted from contact with her?
[post="1131614"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think the answer to that is a definite NO. Too bad. (n)

I can't believe Vaughn/Irina was a choice... :confused:

But the only kind of ship I could stand watching that involves Irina is a scene with Irina and Jack. I don't think Irina deserves Jack either, as some people here have already pointed out.

Oh Jack for sure. I can't even think of her with anyone else. When her affair with Sloane was revealed I hated it - I think she belongs with Jack.

Heather said:
Oh Jack for sure.  I can't even think of her with anyone else.  When her affair with Sloane was revealed I hated it - I think she belongs with Jack.
[post="1138445"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I hated it too, for various reasons.

Actually, I've always thought it was actually pretty likely that 'Laura' was unfaithful to Jack, probably with more than one man, if only in the 'line of duty'. That wouldn't necessarily mean she didn't love Jack, or at least it isn't any more evidence than steailing from him, murdering his friends, etc was. Just one more fun thought for Jack Bristow to chew on late at night in later years.

But there was a Greek tragedy element to Arvin Sloane, as Jack's best friend and a former good man turned evil. Having it turn out that he was a rat even back then messes with that tragic element, IMO. I would have preferred it had Arvin actually been a good, decent man in those days, leaving the question open of how he went from that to what he was as top rat in SD-6.

Having done that, though, I hope they don't try to weasel back out of it. I don't want Nadia's birth to turn out to be the result of a rape, or the like.

i ended up voting jack, but i'd throw sark in there too. no, i don't think she and sark would have any sort of loving/romantic/etc relationship, but it could be totally cool in a power/dominance/sex sort of way. but in general, i like jack best. and just for a shameless plug of a j/i fic, here's mine beautifully broken. it's a songfic. i think it's one of my better ones. it's just a one parter but please read and review! thanks.
and yeah, i'd take jack over sark for irina. there's just so much history there.

m-c

Back