Irina's Russian Federation #5

i have an LJ too! but it's in finnish. i try to strengthen my finnish over there as i don't use it that much here in this swedish-speaking town of mine. which IRF agents have LJ's? i'll add you guys. :smiley: and maybe i'll start writing in english so then everybody understands. we'll see. ha, soon i'll definitely have to use every way that i can to prevent losing my swedish and finnish, as i'll be speaking english and hopefully spanish too. all the time. it's scary how fast you forget languages. after a weekend with my finnish-speaking friends i had to seek for the words when my mom asked me something in swedish. :blink: freaky. imagine what happens when i'm away for MONTHS. :blink: :blink:

crys (and others interested in cakes), the mint chocolate cake is indeed very delicious. i think there's still a slice left. i think i'll go and have it for night snack in 2 minutes. if i come visit you i'll make one for us and we'll eat it to honor IRF and irina! :lol:

ok bed now emma. bed. it's 00:19. i'm supposed to sing and be interviewed in the radio tomorrow. oh god and i'll be a zombie from hell. fun!

So, mandatory volunteer work sucks. Especially when all you did to deserve it was get a flipping 3.5 gpa. (Glares...) NHS IS THE WORST ORGANIZATION EVER!!!!!!!! It's not even the good kind of volunteer work. We're not helping poor, sick, or old people. We're helping freaking businesses, who, if I'm not mistaken, can HIRE people to do what they're not paying us to do. (Fumes)

So, anyway, yeah, we were in the middle of a mission, but we're consistently short attention spanned and sidetracked. Tag Kody! (nudges) Start us up again...

Don't worry Pii. That's probably normal. Sometimes I forget how to speak English. ;) :P

Mac: Yes I know what you mean...and I made it my goal to get kicked out of NHS...I even joined Beta Club and soon realized it was just another NHS in disguse.

Pii: I can see you're still lingering around -- GO TO BED! Sounds like a plan Emma...when we finally do an IRF reunion, then we shall have cake! (And eat it too! LOL). Oh you know I have an LJ but I haven't used it in so long...I need to find a good layout for it.

Beta club was another copy of NHS (aka more mandatory volunteer work)...but it was for those who didn't have the 3.5 GPA to get in. Usually anyone who was in NHS was also in Beta club -- it made you look good when you applied to the universities.

Oh, Beta Club. I keep trying to get kicked out of that, but no matter what I do, they keep me in it. NHS, on the other hand, is a different story. I definetely "forgot" about service points, and effectively will be either on probation or kicked out. Teehee.

Oh missions. I have time for those now.

I also love how Alias seems like it's going back to the whole double agent thing for it's ending. At least that's what I understand from the previews.

Catalin: You know I actually managed to get kicked out of Beta..but it finally happened the last half of my senior year. LOL. I kept "forgetting" about the service points too!

Oh yeah mission! I'll have to do a quick re-read on what happened last time...

Hey, can anyone write in here or do i have to be a member or something?

I thought it would be cool to talk about stuff related to Alias and other stuff as well.

Nikki: You have to ask for a membership to IRF. We talk about random thing here, but we also do RPG. So if you're still interested -- let me know. :smiley:

OKAY EVERYONE! MISSION TIME!

I'm starting a new mission, so everyone can be up to date and there's no confusion.

IRF HQ

*Everyone is gathered at the IRF conference room*

Crys: Okay, since we've all been off track for awhile, I think its time we get back to work.

Mac: Did you say work?

Crys: Ha ha...funny...if you need to take a vacation feel free to do so, but remember I sign your paycheck at the end of the week. *smirk*

Mac: Yeah but we get paid cash. *smirk*

Pii: *walks in late* I've got the file. *hands it to Crys*

Crys: Okay...Irina has several paintings in her possession. She's somewhat of an art collector, so she has a few stored at the National Museum of Art. Well yesterday we got word that someone broke into the NMA and stole all of her paintings.

Kody: Wait. Just her paintings?

Crys: Exactly.

Catalin: So whoever we are dealing with is trying to send Irina a message.

Mac: Do we know who might be responsible?

Crys: No. Ironically Irina only cares about one of those paintings. *shows a picture of the painting on the projection screen* La Gitana.

Mac: The Gypsy?

Crys: Not a very well known artist, but this 18th century Spanish artist's painting was the only one to survive a major fire in Madrid.

Renate: Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why Irina likes it so much.

Crys: Which brings me to my next point. There's a document hidden within the painting that can compromise IRF and Irina -- that is the reason why we need this painting.

Renate: So when do we go?

Crys: This would be your "first mission", so in order to win your ticket, you have to get a good lead first.

Kody: *chuckles* And it better be a good one cuz she's not gonna let you go that easily.

Crys: I'm gonna need all of you to pull your weight on this mission. Once you've got some leads, we'll meet back here.

*The agents exit the conference room and start searching for intel on the theft, Kody walks over to Jess' desk*

Kody: Hey listen lets step outside real quick.

*Jess and Kody take the elevator to the roof.*

Jess: Ok what's the deal? What's goin on?

Kody: *lighting a cigarette and taking a drag* This break in at the museum, all of Irina's paintings, what do you know about it?

Jess: The same as you, only what Crys just told us.

Kody: Peyton hasn't made mention of it at all?

Jess: No, but if she's involved we'll find out. I'll set up a meeting with here to find out what she knows.

Kody: Ok, that's fine, just make sure that we won't be made by the folks downstairs, it's one thing that Irina has an idea of what we're doing, but so far she has helped us. If Crys and the rest of IRF finds out then we're SOL.

So we all just play along? :P lemme see if I got an idea of this!

*enters the roof*

*lightend a Malboro, and start humming on macarena*

Renate: oooh... you to her? whats up?
Kody: eh, nothing just hanging.... smoking!

Renate: hmm, I was thinking about the mission and got a rare feeling that the grim reaper is involed in this!

Jess: Interesting... The grim reaper has allways been into paintings so maybe?

Renate: yeah I'm gonna head downstairs and pull the echelon archives and see what the grim reaper has been up too..

Renate thinking while going downstairs: "hmm could they be having an affair? they allways seems so cloose and cudly to eachother.. hmm.. noo it can't be... or hmm maybe?"

To Nikki: The only requirement in this thread is a love of Irina. And you'd be better off if you also loved RPG, cause we do a lot of that. (When we get off our lazy asses)

Unknown Street Corner

Mac: (grumbles to self) Actually being made to work for once... can't just be lazy and boss people around... (continues grumbling for a while)

(An unknown woman walks up to where Mac is standing on the street corner, dressed in all black and sunglasses, of course. I'm inconspicuous. I swear)

Unknown woman: There are two piccolos in the orchestra.

Mac: Then you'd better buy earplugs.

Unknown woman: As long as it's not you that's playing...

Mac: (Evil glare) So, about that intel...

Unknown woman: (Pulls papers out of jacket) I have building maps for you.

Mac: I am sooo not paying you for things I could get from a google search. I need information on security systems: specifically, the alarms, sensors, and where the videos are kept.

Unknown woman: (sighs dramatically, and pulls out more papers)

Mac: Holding out on me, I see?

Unknown woman: Here are the full building schematics, complete with security information. The sheet below that has fire, flood, and evacuation protocols.

Mac: Thanks. The money will be wired to your account.

(Mac walks away, and enters a silver car parked three streets over. She then takes out her cell phone and dials)

Crys: What is it?

Mac: I've got the information. You want to send someone over here to help me break into the museum so that we can kidnap the security tapes?

To Nikki: The only requirement in this thread is a love of Irina. And you'd be better off if you also loved RPG, cause we do a lot of that. (When we get off our lazy asses)

Well, I happen to love Irina and would enjoy RPG, so i m in. though it might take me a little bit to get the hang of whats goin on mission wise. People and all. Bare with me.

Thanks for responding patomac, i appreciate it. :D

Welcome to IRF nikki! I'm Catalin (we pretty much call me Cate, cause it's quicker to type).

*Crys gets off phone with Mac*

Crys: Mac needs help breaking into the musuem.

Cate: *raises hand immediately* me!

Crys: Actually, I need you for something else. I'm gonna send Renate with mac. It'll be a good first mission for her.

*get's in the S.W.A.T team suit, ready for som serious spybiz*

Renate: Okey team, we go in on my signal

random team member: On your signal, alpha team leader

Renate: GO!

Mac: okey, I'm in the facility, I have a visual on a guard!

Renate: take him down! repeat take him down!

Mac: enemy down, moving forward!

Renate: Oh noo, we got a huge problem, looks like another counter intelligence agency is here to, their many! I'll see if I can get a visual!

Mac: copy that, I'll wait for your signal!

To Nikki: Check out the IRF HQ link on my sig. That will send you to our site and it can give you a little more information on a lot of what we do and who's in IRF. :welcome: as a new member and I've put you in the storyline, so feel free to jump in. :smiley:

~*~*~*~*~

*Meanwhile back at HQ in Crys' office*

Kris: We've got a newbie.

Crys: Send her in.

Nikki: *walks into Crys' office*

Crys: *points to chair* Have a seat. I'm Crystal, I'm the superior of this place and bascially run this HQ according to Irina's instructions. Most of our agents are on assignment, so I can't introduce you to them at the moment. So do you have any previous experience? We can use another agent for our current mission if you're up for it.

*Cate sits in the back of a car and calls HQ on her cell*

Cate: okay, now why am I in Paris?

Crys: One of Irina's paintings is being safeguarded in the basement of the Louvre. We need you to get in, get it, and get out.

Cate: You want me to break into the Louvre?

Crys: yes. You speak French. Your alias is Marie Lambard. You're an art collector. You have an ID that will get you as far as the floor with main security on it. As soon as you get to the second stairwell from the basement, you'll be clear of the security cameras. Well, we hope. You have to put the remote modem that's in your bag outside the security room, so that Kris can hack in and turn security off. We've downloaded the map to your cell phone. I told you this one was good.

Cate: Okay. I'll let you know when I'm out.

*Cate walks into the Louvre wearing a dress suit and carrying an ID card. She walks to the receptionist and shows her the ID card.*

Cate: Bonjour. Je m'appelle Marie Lambard. Je voudrais voir les peindres par Marie Bracquemond.

Receptionist: Bien sur. Votre carte d'identification?

Cate: *shows the card* Oui. Il est ici.

Receptionist: D'accord. Vous pouvez aller dans le musee.

*Cate walks down the hallway*

Cate: I'm in.

<O> yay pg. 47! :Ph34r:

___

*on comms with Cate*

Kris: Okay, just let me know when you get the to the security room.

Cate: *walking down the corridor* This looks like the right door. There is a key pad for the acces code.

Kris: Can you get the cover off the pad?

Cate: *takes out a small screwdriver from the heel of her shoe, a few seconds later* Done.

Kris: Good, now just attach the remote modem to the green wire, put the cover back on, and I'll let you into the stairwell in about...30 seconds.

Cate: *speaking as she follows Kris instructions* modem is in....cover is on...I'm heading down the hallway now.

Kris is silent as she navigates the security system, disables hall and basement cameras, then unlocks the second basement stairwell*

Cate reaches the door and it opens easily for her.

Cate: Thanks, I'm heading down now.

Kris: No problem. *she goes back and also erases the security footage of Cate entering the building and her exchange with the receptionist* Ready and waiting for your signal to turn everything back on again. You have 2 minutes until the guards reach the stairwell. Good luck.

___

Welcome Nikki!

Back