Irina's Russian Federation #5

Oops. Sorry Crys! my bad.

On another note, does anyone know the name of the actress that played Isabelle in the last scene. I think she's the same girl that played in the series finale of Charmed and i m just tryin to figure it out.

It's all good! ^_^

Nope...sorry. I didn't get to see the finale so I couldn't say. I know that Kat is a Charmed fan, she'd probably know, but she hasn't been here in a bit.

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I WAS DOWN BEGGING ON MY KNEES AND I AM COMPLETELY IGNORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry:

Thank you to Cat and Mac for using the spoiler tags. ETHAN, YOU ARE THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE TIME, ITS ALWAYS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD, ITS REALLY NOT THAT HARD TO USE THE TAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're probably not going to get season five for like a year if we get it at all here DAMN CHANNEL SEVEN.

:cry:

well now that thats done with.

recent news: i was in the Queensland Youth Music Awards on the weekend and i came second and the girl who came first shouldn't have ... one of the adjudicators said so to my singing teacher :D. But i'm happy cuz i won money so now i can buy some pretty boots if i can find some that actually fit me i mean seriously a person with size nine feet is not going to have stick-thin legs, thank you and because of all my walking and running and dancing and bike riding and hockey and soccer ... wow i do too much ... i have great calf muscles but not so great for stupid designer boots that suck.

*cough* now that thats off my chest ... cyazl.

:thinking:

PS-I guess I'll just have to (along with dealing with my own life) have to remember to put spoiler tags in IRF every time I talk about S5, and make sure to track the airing schedule of some Channel 7 in Australia while I live alllll the way in the Eastern U.S.

Sorry, Liz.

:run:

Damn.

can you believe this: i have the season finale on my computer and i haven't had time to see it yet. it's there. it's actually there, finale, and i haven't seen it yet cause every time i've started watching SOMEONE *coughmomcough* comes and goes on about stupid cleaning project for next week's graduation party!! i haven't seen it!! I HAVEN'T!!! how is that possible?! my view of my self is rocking. bad. bad. DOOM.

awww liz. don't worry, the eps'll be fun to watch even though you're a little spoiled. i'm spoiled too but still looking forward to them so... :smiley: heck i even spoil myself. but i totally understand when people don't wanna be spoiled. so, can't comment on finale yet as (look above) have not seen it. *shakes head, does not understand self*

aaa only a week of school to go. aah. it's a test week but still. then SUMMER!!! *brings out sunglasses, money for ice cream, bikini and towel, flipflops and shorts*

serenade to the summer! ciao.

can you believe this: i have the season finale on my computer and i haven't had time to see it yet. it's there. it's actually there, finale, and i haven't seen it yet cause every time i've started watching SOMEONE *coughmomcough* comes and goes on about stupid cleaning project for next week's graduation party!! i haven't seen it!! I HAVEN'T!!! how is that possible?! my view of my self is rocking. bad. bad. DOOM.

awww liz. don't worry, the eps'll be fun to watch even though you're a little spoiled. i'm spoiled too but still looking forward to them so... :smiley: heck i even spoil myself. but i totally understand when people don't wanna be spoiled. so, can't comment on finale yet as (look above) have not seen it. *shakes head, does not understand self*

aaa only a week of school to go. aah. it's a test week but still. then SUMMER!!! *brings out sunglasses, money for ice cream, bikini and towel, flipflops and shorts*

serenade to the summer! ciao.

Ditto!!! I'm going to visit my grandparents who live in the Carribean. So I'm definitely gonna enjoy my time there!

I'm gonna just stick with the Irina we saw in MI ;)

There was an Irina in MI? (Haven't see the movie yet :P )

I think she meant Maternal Instinct, Crys. :P But I must disagree. They're basically the same character, I believe. The writers did not deviate within a season, although you could argue the point that they did between S2 and S4 and S5. Also...
In a way, we have more parallels that enhance spyfam connections. In the end, Irina chose Rambaldi over her daughter, just like Sloane. Irina's problem was not that she didn't care for Sydney, but that she wanted Rambaldi more. In MI, I think the writers finally showed Irina's lifetime conflict between being a mother and being a spy, and how the two are not always mutually exclusive. She could be a mother (and grandmother) without giving up what she wanted. In the finale, it was a continuation of the same theme. Irina claimed that she loved Sydney, but still couldn't let her get in the way of her Rambaldi obsession.

On another completely unrelated note, my band director is being an asshole. He's not announcing the damn section leaders! (Grumbles) I'm hoping he reconsiders this before next Friday. I don't think I can deal with not knowing.

Yeah, I've seen MI3, and renate's talking about Maternal Instinct, unless I completely missed something in the movie. By the way, MI3 is freaking awesome and I highly suggest going to see it.

Ditto!!! I'm going to visit my grandparents who live in the Carribean. So I'm definitely gonna enjoy my time there!

Damn, I wish I could go to the Carribbean. I'll be in Detroit.

I would have been here sooner to weigh in on the finale but life has been non-stop for me the past week or so. So here goes:

I enjoyed the finale somewhat, but at the same time it pissed me off. They answered a few questions and left some gaping wide open, like (someone has already mentioned this) but how was Syd the chosen one, she didn't bring utter desolation to anyone, if anyone was the chosen one it was Irina, she almost brought on the utter desolation and Syd would then be the passenger wouldnt she? (the whole prophecy about the chosen one and the passenger fighting over something (the sphere of life) and one would perish (ummm hello Irina fell thru the glass room and well Im pretty sure she died) Which pisses me off to no end (How could JJ do that to us) She shot Yelena in the head for trying to do right by Rambaldi and was very motherly and loving then she turns around and is a total bitchface. WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

I kinda saw the whole Jack sacrificing himself coming ages ago when they announced the end coming. I loved the way he took Sloane out with him tho. I'm surprised Vaughn didn't kill Sark tho. Kinda glad that he at least survived. I also enjoyed Isabelle knocking the puzzle over. I also like how Dixon showed up on the beach to ask Syd to come back for a mission (which we found out he's done before) Which totally leaves the door open for movies (I think they did that on purpose)

OOOOOOO I also loved Nadia's last line "As you said, you have all the time in the world" Classic ALIAS

I would have been here sooner to weigh in on the finale but life has been non-stop for me the past week or so. So here goes:

I enjoyed the finale somewhat, but at the same time it pissed me off. They answered a few questions and left some gaping wide open, like (someone has already mentioned this) but how was Syd the chosen one, she didn't bring utter desolation to anyone, if anyone was the chosen one it was Irina, she almost brought on the utter desolation and Syd would then be the passenger wouldnt she? (the whole prophecy about the chosen one and the passenger fighting over something (the sphere of life) and one would perish (ummm hello Irina fell thru the glass room and well Im pretty sure she died) Which pisses me off to no end (How could JJ do that to us) She shot Yelena in the head for trying to do right by Rambaldi and was very motherly and loving then she turns around and is a total bitchface. WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

I kinda saw the whole Jack sacrificing himself coming ages ago when they announced the end coming. I loved the way he took Sloane out with him tho. I'm surprised Vaughn didn't kill Sark tho. Kinda glad that he at least survived. I also enjoyed Isabelle knocking the puzzle over. I also like how Dixon showed up on the beach to ask Syd to come back for a mission (which we found out he's done before) Which totally leaves the door open for movies (I think they did that on purpose)
OOOOOOO I also loved Nadia's last line "As you said, you have all the time in the world" Classic ALIAS

Yeah you know, I think when it came down to Irina - JJ couldn't figure out what to do with Irina and therefore decided to go "Hey what the hell! Lets just make her evil one last time!" I actually wasn't expect the whole Jack thing. I guess I really wasn't paying attention, but it was a really good move.

Now I don't know about the movie, 'cause JJ himself said he wasn't gonna make a movie. Plus with Irina and Jack gone...isn't not going to be the same. But it is ALIAS and no one really ever dies. So who knows!

On the note of movie, my friend actually thinks they left it open for Sloane to come back. You'd figure the evil genius could figure a way out of his predicament with "all the time in the world."

:lol: yeah I'm talking about Meternal Instinct!

And after all this with Irina the whole 'truth takes time' and all, this was her endagame?!

ALERT ALERT SPOILER BENEATH!!!! written in white, as couldn't get the spoiler tags to work!
so, here goes:

i know, that's one of the things that bugs me the most too (i've seen the finale now). all the theories, plots and going on about truth takes time, i mean come on, we've been thinking about this for YEARS and this is what they give us?! that annoys me. and i also thought that irina turning out all evil all the sudden, it just seemed...rashed and way too simple and did NOT fit with the whole story around irina. think about the whole season 2 and how she and syd have been developing their relationship, and her relationship with nadia. and now they made it look like she didn't care about either of them, chose death before coming back to sydney and AARGH! ok i know that it's not that simple, while they were fighting she said that she loved syd and of course the whole history was not fake, of course she loves her daughter. but STILL, it was just like the writers couldn't come up with anything better, a way too simple way out just to decide that irina was the big baddie behind all of this. i'm not satisfied.

i guessed that jack would die, and that he would somehow sacrifice himself. it's ok that it happened even though it was sad. but why did they have to kill BOTH jack AND irina AND nadia off?! what's with that?! and SARK gets to live? i think he should live, don't get me wrong, i didn't want him to get killed off, but WHY did they have to kill syd's whole family?! they could have left at least one. i think it was too much of a bloodbath. damn.

even though the ending was a little cheesy, i liked the fact that isabelle knocked the tower over and that syd didn't see that she could build it. it leaved doors open, she might become and agent or then she might become something else, and syd doesn't have to worry about the fact that isabelle shows agentish skills and therefore isn't forced to make a desicion about it. i also liked that it ended with them having given up the agent life, that that's not what they'd do for the rest of their lives.

a little more scenes with marshall and carrie would have been fun. nadia's last comment was good. oh i wish they would have spared nadia. :(

all in all the finale was ok, but i'm mad at all the questions left unanswered.

Back