Irina's Russian Federation #5

Good to see the thread is picking back up. I've been way to busy with college apps and ballet auditions. Happy Holidays!
~~~~~~~~~

*Cate returns to IRF headquarters. On her way in, she passes Kody*

Cate: Hey! Long time no see!

Kody: *mutters* Hello.

*Cate enters the office as Kody quickly exits. She goes to Crys' office*

Crys: Back already?

Cate: you know those deep cover missions. One loses touch with the world. And you know, complications are met, ensue, and are overcome.

Crys: Good to have you back. We had an intruder. Allison Doren.

*Cate's face darkens*

Cate: i still have the scars from her.

Crys: She's in the gulag.

Cate: Time to visit an old...acquaintance.

*Kody opens the door with the label "Authorized Personnel Only" and ushers in Crys & Cate, then Ethan comes up behind them and Kody plants his arm across the doorway.*

Kody: Long time no see.

Ethan *holds up fresh badge*: No Management is...under construction.

Kody: I guess with the CEO gone--

Ethan: Don't talk about Jack. In fact, I'd prefer you didn't talk about the Bristows at all. They're out of the picture, as is Sloane.

Kody: You've gotta wonder, though, why they never found Jack's body, when Sydney said she left him outside the cave--

Ethan: Enough. I'm here to see Allison squirm.

Kody *nods and moves arm*: Door at the end of the hall.

*Cate, Crys, and Ethan enter the room where Allison is being held*

Cate: Long time no see, Allison.

Crys: So, why exactly did you break into IRF?

Allison: go to hell.

Ethan: Cate, Crys, why don't you let me...persuade her...

Kris walks into the already crowded torture room.

Kris: Hey everyone, nice to have you back. Crys, can I talk to you out here?

Crys: Sure.

They go into the hall and Kris talks as they walk.

Kris: This situation is just about to get a little tougher. Allison was looking into research one of our scientists was doing. He may have inadvertently found a way to reverse the effects of Project Helix.

Crys: Seriously? That's big.

Kris: Especially for Allison. The questions are, is she working alone or for someone, and how did she or they find out while we didn't?

Crys: Ethan should be getting some answers right now.

Kris: I hope he does. In any case, I advise we increase security in case there will be people coming after her and the files.

Crys: Do whatever you have to do, and make sure all information is erased from our lab. I trust you store it somewhere safe.

Kris: Ok, and I already cleaned the lab. One last thing. I don't know how much Kody knows. He could have seen something on screen before he went down. Or as the medics took him out.

Crys: Right, well. If he did, I think he knows to keep quiet, but thanks for letting me know.

Kris: Sure thing, I'll go get working on our security now.

She leaves for her office and Crys heads back to the gulag.

Kody pulls into a seemingly abandoned warehouse and flashes his high beams 3 times. From the darkness walks a Lauren Reed with her hair pulled tightly in a bun.

Kody: No need to worry about Allison, she's currently in the gulag.

Lauren: Good, but make sure she doesn't find a way out, she is extremely good in these situations. What intel do you have.

Kody: Well, contrary to what we thought Allison wasn't searching for intel on Operation Phoenix, she was searching our scientific data base for files on Project Helix.

Lauren: I thought you said you had the intel we were looking for. I have no interest in genetic research.

Kody: (Cuts the woman off) Lauren listen to me, this progress on Project Helix could potenitally be bigger than the phoenix files.

Lauren: Since Sark stole my body from the CIA and revived me I've been searching for the seceret to it, if you don't find me that intel I will be forced to end our alliance and you know what that means.

Kody: Don't threaten me, I know exactly what it is you want, and let me tell you this, if you lay a single finger on brother or my mother I will make what Michael did to you look like fun.

Kody slowly walks back to his car and speeds off, back to IRF HQ.

*Cate is sitting in her office, sipping on vodka while she writes up a report on her mission. Kody comes up behind her*

Kody: Hello Cate.

Cate: Kody? What are you doing here?

Kody: I need your help.

*Kody pulls out a tranq gun and shoots her. He then takes her back out to his car*

*Later, Crys walks to the door of Cate's office*

Crys: *opening door* Hey Cate, we need those phoenix files...

*she abruptly stops when she finds Cate gone.*

Crys: Kris? Start checking surveillance for Cate.

Kris: Oh dear, she's not in the building and hasn't been for two hours.

She hands printed captures from the survelliance feeds to Crys.

Kris: Kody shot her with a tranq. He took her and left from the east garage.

Crys: All upper level agents are tagged with passive trackers, activate Kody's and Cate's and find them, I don't know what he is up to now, but he better have one hell of an explanation.

Meanwhile on a private jet somewhere over the Pacific.

Kody: Ah you're waking up couldn't be more perfect.

Cate: What the hell Kody, you know you simply could have asked for my help, you didn't need to tranq me.

Kody: Actually Im pretty sure I did, see I need your help accessing some file from HQ and Im pretty sure you wouldnt have said yes.

Cate: What files, why can't you access them yourself, you clearance is high enough to read.... Oh no, how did you find out about Phoenix?

Kody: I was approached a few weeks ago by and old associate who told me that IRF had come into possesion of them, I mean I had heard about them but thought they had been destroyed after the cold war. Anyway this associate of mine is holding my family at ransom until I deliver, and well obviously I don't have the clearance to finish the job, hence you, the tranq, and the jet.

Cate: Well with all due respect Kody, you must be F****ng crazy if you think I am going to turn against IRF to help you. We could have helped you get Michael and you mom back had you come to us first. But I afraid once the others watch the security tapes there will be no saving you, especially when it involves the Phoenix Files.

Kody: See Cate that's the great thing about being me, I'm not a violent man really, Im not a big fan of the gun play and the fighting that comes with the job of agent, but torture well that's a different story, see they should have put me in charge of the gulag when I joined IRF, I would have done and amazing job. I enjoy seeing the pain on other peoples faces, something I suppose I got from my father.

Cate: Get to the point already, if you're going to torture me get to it.

Kody: Ok, (pulls a remote control from his pocket and hits a button) See now for months I've had freelance tech ops working on something for me, nanoprobes that emit small laser pulses at the push of a button. See this button right here, this is for the probes in you left leg, lets see how that feels shall we?

Kody push the button and suddenly Cate's leg flails in pain as blood vessels rupture and muscle is torn.

Cate: Fine give me the computer I'll do it.

Kody: Good, oh and by the way, don't try anything stupid Cate, I know all the same tricks as you if not more, so try and signal anyone and you'll be going into work tomorrow minus a couple of hands, and maybe a leg.

*Cate works quickly, Kody watching her like a hawk. His phone rings*

Kody: Yes...everything is going fine. No, we won't have any problems with her.

*Cate continues, and abruptly stops. Kody glares*

Kody: Is there a problem?

Cate: Crys...she...she's changed the password and....and made it more difficult to get past them. I don't know how to get past the encryptions.

Kody: You're lying.

Cate: I'm not lying, I swear.

*Kody pulls out the probe*

Kody: You still have a leg, and two hands. Are you lying?

Cate: No. I'm not lying. Come look yourself.

*Kody gets up to look at the screen. As soon as he bends down, Cate elbows him in the face and leaps up and runs toward the cockpit. Kody jumps up and follows. Cate finds the cockpit to be locked. She darts into the kitchen and grabs a knife as Kody runs up to her. She swings the knife, but he grabs her wrist, and overpowers her, taking the knife. He has her pressed to the counter, subdued*

Kody: That...was a stupid move.

*He hits her in the face, and she blacks out*

Kris activates Cate's tracker but is unable to activate Kody's.

Kris: I just located Cate, she's at the airport outside of Parma Italy. I'll call our operatives there to pick her up and bring her in for a debrief, maybe she knows where Kody is headed.

Minutes later the IRF agents in Parma find a bruised and unconscious Cate laying in a terminal.

I'm still alive...I do stop from time to time, but btwn working full time and going to grad school...I dont get to as much time as I used to.

How is everyone doing?

Indeed. I sure do miss Alias. This place isn't the same as it used to be! Anyone else here have Myspace? I've got Erika, Kody, Kris added...anyone else?

Back