Season 4 Irina's warning + Vaughn's confession

HEY! IM NEW ON HERE BUT I HAVE A COUPLE THEORIES:

* 1ST OFF , AOL HAS A CLIP OF LAST NIGHTS CLIFF HANGER!!

1- A FEW EPISODES BACK, JACK HAD A SECRET THAT HE WAS STILL HIDING. COULD IT BE THAT HE SET IT UP TO HAVE VAUGHN WATCH OVER SYDNEY WHEN SHE CAME? WHICH MIGHT ALSO EXPLAIN HIS SOMEWHAT DISTASTE FOR VAUGHN.

2- VAUGHNS DAD DIED PROTECTING NADIA. WHOEVER ORDERED HIM TO PROTECT NADIA, COULD HAVE ALSO ORDERED VAUGH TO WATCH AND PROTECT SYDNEY. HENCE THE "CHOSEN ONE".

ANY THOUGHTS???

[/QUOTE]

Who did Vaughan work for? Sloan. Sloan knew Jack and Sydney were doubles, but did nothing about it. Vaughan was the one tasked with taking down the Alliance. Sloan needed to get rid of the Alliance. It makes sense for Sloan to have placed Vaughan in CIA to direct/strongly influence the Alliance case, so that he (Sloan) could manage the way it played out. It could even reinforce the subtext that Sloan has always looked out for Syd (in a very weird way, sure, but think how many times he could have killed her but didn't). Vaughan was watching Syd, controlling how she attacked the Alliance to a degree, but also protecting her.

Love this theory too!! I makes so much sense.
Sloane's goal was to get rid of the Alliance. He knew Sydney found out the
truth and would eventually go to the CIA. Vaughns assignment - to get into
the CIA, become Sydneys handler while helping her to take down the Alliance.
So Syd thinks she's getting her revenge but she was actually doing Sloane's
dirty work. After the Alliance was taken down, Vaughn had fallen in love with
Syd. Don't know why he didn't tell her sooner, but I love it!!!

i Think (or maybe it's just that i want to think) that irina really did warn him about something that he had done. but that it wasn't anyhting way to bad and she found out about it this past year before she was captured by her sister. and Vaughn was just overeacting about telling Sydney the truth and he said what he said but had no intention of meaning it that way. ~~~I dunno just some random thoughts going through my head as i try to sort all of this out.

I have so many "explanations" for all of this my head is seriously swimming. And I swear my boyfriend (who doesn't even like alias) is on the verge of killing me so I will stop obsessing about this cliff hanger.

I refuse to believe that Vaughn is really a bad guy...why? Because I just can't believe it. If he was truly a baddy there would've been some indication. He would've screwed up missions or that kind of thing...something he's never done.

When Syd asked him if he was bad, Vaughn said "It depends on who you ask." This makes me wonder if he wasn't working for DSR, or some other black ops division of the CIA. DSR doesn't really make sense, since he wasn't too into the Rambaldi thing...but another division could.

Obviously this has something to do with his dad too. Because there is no way that he could go into the CIA pretending to be Bill Vaughn's son, when he wasn't. Everyone there knew him...so that couldn't happen. Maybe Bill got in too deep with Rambaldi, and Vaughn desperate to find out more about him got involved in something he really shouldn't have.

I don't think it can be that 'bad'...because Irinia loves her daughter and wants her happy. If Vaughn was truly some evil guy, she wouldn't have given him her blessing.

Plus, does anyone think that Jack knows about this too? Jack knows everything, and it seems odd that he wouldn't be aware of what Vaughn's been up to. Especially since he was so wary of Vaughn to begin with and probably did background checks and all of that good stuff. So I think Jack knows what's up, and since he didn't pull off his fingers...it's not as bad as we think.

And just for the record, even though I don't agree with it, I think the final scene was a dream sequence. I'm not a fan of that, but right now it makes the most sense...at least to me.

Theory 1:
Michael Vaughn is actually BILL VAUGHN! The baby in the picture that Nadia found in Sydney's apartment is the real Michael Vaughn in Irina's arms. Irina and Bill Vaughn worked together as KGB.

Theory 2:
Michael Vaughn used to be covenant. Lauren was sent to marry him and try to lure him back. When he found out that Lauren was covenant, he had to kill her to keep his secret past a secret.

Theory 1:
Michael Vaughn is actually BILL VAUGHN! The baby in the picture that Nadia found in Sydney's apartment is the real Michael Vaughn in Irina's arms. Irina and Bill Vaughn worked together as KGB.

I really like this theory, but it has a hole. So did Irina kill his Dad. Because if they were working together that makes no sense. And if she just helped him fake his death, why would he still be in hiding? I want to believe that Irina did not kill his Dad....but in this episode they were all alone when Vaughn again bitterly referred to her killing his Dad....so I don't know what to think! :confused:

And just for the record, even though I don't agree with it, I think the final scene was a dream sequence. I'm not a fan of that, but right now it makes the most sense...at least to me.

I agree with you on this one. It could have been in real life...but with one of the other posts about them managing to get out of the Russian city, but not being able to drive a car down a road without getting hurt. It kinda seems too unrealistic.

SkyGirl5 said:
maybe he was gonna say "my name isnt michael vaughn its schmichael vaughn i just shortened it because shcmichael sounds gay..."
:P
[post="1356505"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I laughed so hard I squirted Mountain dew out my noes!

In regards the the KGB Theory, Vaughn was born around 1975 right? and the KGB was dismantled 1991 right? So its a bit far fetched to say that he was working with Irina helping to achieve her end game or whatever when he was 15! Additionally, he is still angry at her about what happened with his dad, so how could he work with her for KGB?

I dunno.
im at a loss really

I think that whatever Vaughn did or has done, is in his past. He obviously is over it by now...right?

Didn't he say that it depended on who you asked if he was a baddie or not?

Or maybe, Irina could have hired him to keep an eye on Syd.

I'm guessing he was already a member of the CIA. When Season 1 started, they kept saying how young Vaughn was. Maybe somebody paid him to keep watch on Syd, while she was at the CIA.

It makes a little more sense then all of the other ideas people have had....

It'd seem like something Irina might do though.....

I'd rather think that Irina hired Vaughn to watch over Syd, then Vaughn end up being some creepy stalker guy from another agency... :thinking:

SkyGirl5 said:
how is it not bad?
it redefines all 4 seasons and makes you question the validity everything vaughn ever did or said
[post="1356511"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

especially the "my watch stopped the day I met you" ... :o_O:

i don't think he was sent to befriend her, but to keep tabs on her/watch her.

since it was "a long time ago," he's not on whatever mission he was sent in for. not anymore. meaning if he wasn't sent to marry her, then he's not acting on that anymore. this is his own free will.

I don't think he was working with or for Irina.
He seems to really hate her....she probably found out about
him somehow. After all, she's Irina.
I agree that whatever he did is in the past and he currently doesn't
have an agenda. Almost everyone on Alias has a shady past -
why not Vaughn.

Back