Irish

Hi Fionabeam here. Just want to know if there are any Irish people here, because i feel like the only one! Which would be really sad. *sniff,sniff*

Sorry, :thinking: I'm not Irish, but I spent the summer studying in Dublin. I traveled all over & Ireland is a beautiful country. I found myself using some Irish expressions to refer to things when I came home. I can't wait to go back.

FuNnYcHiCkEn said:
Ditto I'm a quarter irish but I'm in australia! :D

Been to Ireland though!  Its So bloody green! Its amazing!!!

What part u from???
[post="1037441"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I,m living in west cork. Where no one watches Alias!

Again. Im not from Ireland myself but all my family are. We go there every year. My mom's from Mayo and my Dad's from Donegal. Got so many realatives over there. Been everywhere in Ireland but have never been to Cork. Its like the only place i aint been too.

There are so many people in the US and Australia with Irish heritage. I am half Irish, half Ukrainian. So I have Ukrainian first and middle names and an Irish surname. :D

I lived in Dublin for a while in a few years ago.

Yeah I got Irish heritage too, I'm about 50% Irish on my mom's side and 50% French (Dad's side). I'm American obviously but I'm proud to have Irish roots! Unfortunately, I'm not a "real" Irish since I wasn't born in Ireland and on my mom's side it my great-great-grandfather who immigrated over there to the US (both on my grandmother and grandfather's side).
But I went to Dublin for a week this past March and it was beautiful! I had a hard time understanding the Irish "brogue" or whatever it's called, but they are sooo friendly!!

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I've got some Irish blood in me somewhere but I actually live in England, so it's not that far away really ^_^ </span>

Irish Alias fans!?
Wow I thought I was the only one! I live in Dublin and I think Alias is super. Favourite episode is Phase One.

Have my fellow Irish fans seen season 3?? It's not on any Irish networks yet??!!
I got it from a friend who gets Sky digital-The Bravo channel. I don't think season 3 was as good as season 1+2.

It's really tough finding Alias merchandise over here, I get most of my stuff-novels, DVD's ect. from amazon.

Did you see when Alias went to Belfast?? Gosh that was a bit inaccurate!! Very last century!! Syd should go to Dublin sometime! I can see it now, a secret mission to find some Rambaldi reference in the library at Trinity College...

DarthSloane said:
Irish Alias fans!?
Wow I thought I was the only one! I live in Dublin and I think Alias is super. Favourite episode is Phase One.

Have my fellow Irish fans seen season 3?? It's not on any Irish networks yet??!!
I got it from a friend who gets Sky digital-The Bravo channel. I don't think season 3 was as good as season 1+2.

It's really tough finding Alias merchandise over here, I get most of my stuff-novels, DVD's ect. from amazon.

Did you see when Alias went to Belfast?? Gosh that was a bit inaccurate!! Very last century!! Syd should go to Dublin sometime! I can see it now, a secret mission to find some Rambaldi reference in the library at Trinity College...
[post="1040677"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thank god there's someone else who's an alias fan from Ireland! Ya i have seen alias season 3 and i agree 1,2 where better, and i agree that the belfast episode was last century too! when i saw it i was like :wtf:. I get my novels and magazines in Other Realms and get all the rest of the stuff on the internet. I think Vaughn and Syd should come to west cork and dig up some Rambaldi artifact! That would be a good episode! ^_^

What ever happened to Alias on Network 2???-Our second biggest home TV network??

Season 2 began in august 2003, I've been waiting for it for ages-but got tired of waiting and found Bravo.

Did anyone in Ireland manage to get the Alias action figures?? (Syd and Vaughn & Syd-blue rubber dress)

So where are all you other Irish alias fans??-you must be out there! cause Alias magazine is sold out every month in Dublin!

DarthSloane said:
What ever happened to Alias on Network 2???-Our second biggest home TV network??

Season 2 began in august 2003, I've been waiting for it for ages-but got tired of waiting and found Bravo.

Did anyone in Ireland manage to get the Alias action figures?? (Syd and Vaughn & Syd-blue rubber dress)

So where are all you other Irish alias fans??-you must be out there! cause Alias magazine is sold out every month in Dublin!
[post="1042076"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Sorry i don't have any alias action figuries, but try ebay they might have some. I don't think that many Irish people go on line. So i doubt if there are anymore Irish alias fans on this site. I was surprised when i saw that you where from Dublin!

Don't despair yet!! I've got a cousin in Limavady, Northern Ireland.
She's a big fan, since I sat her down and showed her Truth be told.

She was hooked!!

DarthSloane said:
Don't despair yet!! I've got a cousin in Limavady, Northern Ireland.
She's a big fan, since I sat her down and showed her Truth be told.

She was hooked!!
[post="1043199"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thats great maybe you can get her to join AA! ^_^ None of my friends watch Alias and I hate it. (Except my mom, but she doesn't count) Anyways your right there has to be more Irish Alias Fans out there.

It isn't only the Irish episode that was stereotyped and horribly inaccurate. When they went to Australia in season one they didn't even pronounce the name of the place correctly! And they always used really cliched music too.

I'd like to see them do something more interesting with an Irish connection. Maybe the Book of Kells could have a Rambaldi page. :lol:

I'd like to see them do something more interesting with an Irish connection. Maybe the Book of Kells could have a Rambaldi page. :lol:
[post="1044839"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

Good idea!!! The book of kells is really old and weathered looking.
I'll have to take a closer look for a rambaldi symbol <0> !!!

I'm a student at Trinity college so I get in free, :D Wow,I could do a cameo with Jeniffer Garner!! The CIA's undercover agent at Trinity...

[post="1044839"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Good idea!!! The book of kells is really old and weathered looking.
I'll have to take a closer look for a rambaldi symbol <0> !!!

I'm a student at Trinity college so I get in free, :D Wow,I could do a cameo with Jeniffer Garner!! The CIA's undercover agent at Trinity...
[post="1044910"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]
You should start a Fan Fic! :lol: Good idea with the Book Of Kells Natalia. ( Why didn't I think of that. *:angry:* ) ^_^

Back