Is it just me....

Sheldon

Dreamsmasher
Or is there to much "love" on Facebook. What the hell. Every status there is a comment about loving something. Or an "I love you". What in the blue monkey piss is the issue. That is almost as tiresome as the "please send prayers" requests you see. Then every tool with a FB account telling the person they are sent, or they are sending them their way, or will do so tonight, etc...

For frack's sake. Act real. No one is doing that felgercarb. I never knew how godly half of my friends were until I added them on Facebook.

It has to be the hangout spot for the most fake individuals on the planet. Everyone is apparently perfect in that world, except me. Well, I know I am perfect, just because I am an asshole and will call out their ignorance.

People are stupid. Really.

Don't compare you life to other people's "highlights".

That said, it's basically high school for adults. I'm pretty close to deleting my account for the second time and never looking back. It's all drama drama drama....

Exactly why I don't do social media. I can't put up with people's BS antics like that. Brad, the issue with that is some adults think they're still high schoolers. I did Twitter for a while, but having to deal with the stupid borderline spam by people on there made me run an API to delete all tweets, locked down the account and tossed the password away.

I mainly use Facebook to market my websites and play those stupid games when I am really bored with nothing to do.... Winter is coming! So the games will be played!

I'm hoping to be in Florida this winter...

We basically don't have one down here. Wearing shorts this Christmas :P

I'm hoping to be in Florida this winter...

We basically don't have one down here. Wearing shorts this Christmas :P

I went to Florida (Pensacola) for my first time last December. It was my first time seeing the ocean as well. When I left southern Illinois, it was 29 degrees (f) and when I got to gulf breeze, it was 83-F with a tornado warning lol. Then a cold front came through and it was 70s and high 60s. I wore shorts and a t-shirt. But I saw a lot of locals wearing mittens and sock caps lol. One gal at the hampton told me I was crazy for wearing shorts... I told her she was crazy for not wearing them.

Considering the weather we've had here lately no it's not. I'd rather have a bit of cold weather with cooling winds rather than No wind and high temperatures with a humidity of 80% - 90%

I am not happy unless I walk outside and instantly be soaked from the humidity :smiley: The hotter the better! I'd rather burn to death and freeze to death! I have been burned fairly badly but it eventually healed. When I was in the coal mines, my finger got frost bite to the point of turning black (DR said it almost needed to be cut off), it still bothers me today when cold fronts move into the area. You can have all our cold weather :P

I went to Florida (Pensacola) for my first time last December. It was my first time seeing the ocean as well. When I left southern Illinois, it was 29 degrees (f) and when I got to gulf breeze, it was 83-F with a tornado warning lol. Then a cold front came through and it was 70s and high 60s. I wore shorts and a t-shirt. But I saw a lot of locals wearing mittens and sock caps lol. One gal at the hampton told me I was crazy for wearing shorts... I told her she was crazy for not wearing them.

If you live down here long enough your body gets so used to it that 60F feels really cold. Hasn't happened to me yet but all the locals say once you're down here a year you can't go back to the cold.

Right now it feels like 108F outside with the humidity and I'm not even in the Southern part of the state.

As long as it isn't so humid you can hardly breathe the warm weather itself don't bother me.

I've always lived in such a place. In my home state you get parts of the year where it isn't so bad, and the odd day in summer. But usually hot = really humid where I've roamed.

Its awful, first you you get drenched in sweat, then you can't get cool, then you can't breath. I suppose you get used to it, people from other places (up North, or out west where they have "dry heat") that work in it with the locals usually fall out on the first day. There is the odd one or two that can handle it but most of them just simply can't take it, their bodies just give out on them.

The trick is drinking as much water as you can, your sweat is useless but your body pumps it out in buckets anyway. You just have to chug down the cold water and wipe the sweat away and keep trucking. Take breaks every so often or you'll over work yourself in no time, that's why southern people are known for begin "lazy" ;). Its still awful though...I hate working in it. Its like working in a sealed off bathroom with the shower going on hot all damn day.

If you live down here long enough your body gets so used to it that 60F feels really cold. Hasn't happened to me yet but all the locals say once you're down here a year you can't go back to the cold.

Right now it feels like 108F outside with the humidity and I'm not even in the Southern part of the state.

I spent a couple years in Guantanamo Bay Cuba while in the Navy. When I first got there it was so hot and humid I could actually feel the hot air enter my lungs. Sweat non-stop for the first week. It took a while to get used to the heat, maybe 2-3 months. and yes low 60's feels very cold. I got out of the service after Gitmo and came back home (just outside of Boston) during the summer. So I had a few months to acclimate before winter came. I haven't had any issues dealing with the cold at all.

Back