Season 4 Is it Yelena or Elena

The captions say Yelena, and it sounds so much cooler so I'm going with that :P

SkyGirl5 said:
Yelena is the russian name - elena is the english-ized version of it
same difference really
[post="1319487"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think there 2 diffrent names actually

ConcreteGirl said:
But aren't they both pronounced the same way?
[post="1320939"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No there pronounced diffrent.

I honestly only hear Yelena. I was watching the episode where Katya is first introduced and I seriously heard Jack ask her if she was Katya or Yelena.

It's probably Yelena, since that's Russian. Elena is like the English from of it, so it's basically the same thing. Whatever you wanna call her. I prefer Elena thought, because Yelena just sounds weird to me.

m4m_chick said:
I honestly only hear Yelena.  I was watching the episode where Katya is first introduced and I seriously heard Jack ask her if she was Katya or Yelena.
[post="1323639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's is where my confusion comes from because I heard him say that to. The quote was something like Which one are you? Yakaterina or Yelena? Also Yelena and Elena are 2 diffrent names but have similar origns according to Nickelodeon Parents and appreantly don't originate from Russia.

Yelena
Gender Female
Origin: Portuguese
Meaning: Light

Elena
Gender Female
Origin: Spanish
Meaning: the bright one

I already said that somewhere else here (don't ask me where), but Chad Darnell, member of the crew and one of the first guys who's reading the script because he is doing the extras-casting meant it was "Elena".

Take a look here for the post in his web-blog.

I would prefer Yelena, but obviously it's really Elena.

Back