Politics Is Killing Justifiable?

hey, i'm doing newspaper article for my school and i needed some opinions and insight. feel free to say state your thoughts. it would be really helpful! ^_^

CIA type of thing... I mean killing the bad guys, sure. ^_^ Syd kills a hell lot of people but it's definitely justifiable if those people are going to kill about 5000 people.

yes killing is justified however it depends on the persons actions (i dont think the death penalty should be used unless it isa terrorist or a hate crime or someone who kills a large number of people)

GO Syd said:
yes killing is justified however it depends on the persons actions (i dont think the death penalty should be used unless it isa terrorist or a hate crime or someone who kills a large number of people)
eh but one death is bad enough. "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."

life is not black and white. there's a different answer for every situation. i believe killing is justified in self-defense. however, the "rightness" or justifiability becomes somewhat murkier in other situations. like, killing in vengeance. i don't think it's justified then, but i could change my mind if something truly horrific happened to someone i loved.

I agree with everyone else--
It's only justifiable if it is in self-defense or your are preventing the deaths of a bunch of other people by doing it.

nance said:
GO Syd said:
eh but one death is bad enough. "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."
what i meant was in the death penalty sense, but if it is out off self defense i support it (in jewish religion you are actually required to do whatever is neccesary for self preservation (to live))

while i believe that the deathy penatly is wrong, if you killed someone as a last resort in self-defense that would be ,not right exactly, but not wrong either.

killing is NOT justifiable in my opinion, because there are better options. for the case of capital punishment, even though it'll cost more money, the criminals can be put in rehab, because people always deserve a "second chance". in the case of enbryos and fetuses, killing them should ONLY be justifiable if the mother's life would be put in danger if she were to give birth. in the case of self defense, it's a double edged sword cuz u sacrifice one life for another. this differs from abortion, because the mother can have another baby and therefore, the more "productive" life would be saved. the wording to that is SO wrong, but i hope ppl get what i'm trying to say.

Erm... for example, if someone had raped/killed my child... I would kill that person and never regret it... even if I have to sit in prison for several years. I still feel better, than when that person is still alive... Other reasons could be self-defense, or defending someone else.

Itz the MT said:
Erm... for example, if someone had raped/killed my child... I would kill that person and never regret it... even if I have to sit in prison for several years. I still feel better, than when that person is still alive

Exactly! i wouldnt think twice either! those things piss me off if anyone did that to any family member i wouldnt think twice id go for the person no matter what the consequences would be!!!!

but then the family of the person you killed would feel justified in killing you or another member of your family and you've started a cycle of eye-for-an-eye revenge killings.

Frogboy_Lives said:
but then the family of the person you killed would feel justified in killing you or another member of your family and you've started a cycle of eye-for-an-eye revenge killings.
Yeah but iwould feel better then lettin the person live! coz if i had a child and he/she got raped i wouldnt care i would kill the person! Rapist, peodophiles deserve to die, thats how i feel! especially when they rape little kids!!!

Mad bout Alias said:
Frogboy_Lives said:
Yeah but iwould feel better then lettin the person live! coz if i had a child and he/she got raped i wouldnt care i would kill the person! Rapist, peodophiles deserve to die, thats how i feel! especially when they rape little kids!!!
I agree, unfortunatly it doesn't work like that... They should at least cut their balls off.

I don't know about other persons... But if I had a peodophile uncle/father/brother, and someone would kill him because he raped a child... I don't think I would care, even when if it's my own uncle/brother/father... whatever.

Itz the MT said:
Mad bout Alias said:
Frogboy_Lives said:
I agree, unfortunatly it doesn't work like that... They should at least cut their balls off.

I don't know about other persons... But if I had a peodophile uncle/father/brother, and someone would kill him because he raped a child... I don't think I would care, even when if it's my own uncle/brother/father... whatever.
I completely agree!!

Mad bout Alias said:
Itz the MT said:
Mad bout Alias said:
Frogboy_Lives said:

I completely agree!!
Excellent :D

Back