Season 4 is lauren is back for season 4

I think it's better this way. Because then they can bring back Sark and possibly Lauren for like say a two epsidoe arc where they do some really nasty stuff to Syd.

wait, *confused*
how can she come back- that aint cool!
i thought they were going for normal storylines -ppl who were obviously dead comming back alive isnt NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I don't think Alias will ever have 'normal' storylines! It isn't possible, seeing as this is a sci-fi/action/drama show.

The fact that she initially signed a long-term contract doesn't necessarily mean she will be around for the entire term of that contract. For example, the actor who played Riley Finn on Buffy signed up for the long term and they had no trouble dropping him when the character didn't work out. And, in some cases, an actor wants to leave or the rest of the cast doesn't work well with him and wants him out or both--with NYPD Blue/David Caruso as the prime example of that kind of situation. Contracts are constantly re-negotiated.

It is very clear to me that the character of Lauren did not work out as JJ Abrams originally envisioned, and my suspicion is that she was to have a much more significant tie-in to the main characters and themes of the series than she ultimately had (I've written about that elsewhere). When this became impossible (because of the fans' animosity toward the character), it appears that they cut back radically on what they wanted to do with her. She was reported to have been reduced to "recurring" next season, but I hope they will drop even that idea as they have in essence admitted that she has pretty much exhausted her possibilities on the series (from the writers' comments in Alias Magazine). It's hard to believe they're going to drag out this "recurring" role for 6 years--I certainly hope not!
✌️

Lauren's final scene in the finale certainly looked like the writers were setting up her exit from the show. I think they didn't actually show her body just in case she comes back, but from what I've heard about Melissa George's upcoming work, she won't be having much time for Alias.

I can't stand the fact that Lauren is coming back on the show! Can't people evr die on this show!? I mean for the love of god she was shot like 6 times! I love Melissa George and I think that she is a very talented actress but that is just stupid to bring her back! I thought you were going to fix S4 JJ!

this has been said before but it's possible she is only gonna film flashback scenes. i think that would be wonderful.

mjkorp said:
melissa gorge singed a six year contract
[post="986354"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It pisses me off when people do stuff like this.

WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?

This must be a joke :lol: - and I'd love it if she came back, yes, but a six-year contract?!

Then you should be "pissed" at Melissa, not the fan. She went on the record saying several times she was "on the show until it went off the air." (Especially in Alias Magazine). How's that crow, Ms. George?

Natalia said:
I don't think Alias will ever have 'normal' storylines! It isn't possible, seeing as this is a sci-fi/action/drama show.
[post="986828"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

This show is not very sci-fi so to even call it a sci-fi show isn't fair, IMO. All the people coming back from the dead had logical explanations. Is it possible in real life to do some of the things like Project Helix or the Rambaldi formula that cured the Francinator that they do on this show? No, and those ARE sci-fi elements, but even though they have done a few minor things with sci-fi (like the Rambaldi fluid this past season with Nadia writing all the stuff from Rambaldi while she was asleep), I still would never call Alias a "sci-fi show".

Edit:

Jinnie said:
Then you should be "pissed" at Melissa, not the fan. She went on the record saying several times she was "on the show until it went off the air." (Especially in Alias Magazine). How's that crow, Ms. George?
[post="1004074"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Why should I be pissed at Melissa? It's not her fault that the writers of the show messed up Lauren's character and decided to kill her, plus, some fans (like you maybe?) ran a petition to get her off the show, "because she messed up the great love affair of Syd and Vaughn". As if it wasn't Vaughn who gave up on Sydney and didn't look for the answers on her death and who it was that killed her!

Melissa's great, if she IS back on the show, I'm really glad! :smiley:

But of course, I don't know where this stuff on her signing a 6-year contract came from, haven't heard anything on Alias-Media or anywhere, this seems bogus.

Why should I be pissed at Melissa? It's not her fault that the writers of the show messed up Lauren's character and decided to kill her, plus, some fans (like you maybe?) ran a petition to get her off the show, "because she messed up the great love affair of Syd and Vaughn". As if it wasn't Vaughn who gave up on Sydney and didn't look for the answers on her death and who it was that killed her!

Wow, the anger of Lauren is not fully based on the Syd and Vaughn relationship. The hatred of her character spanned many of the ships out there. Let alone she angered the Syd/Vaughn group. But she also angered the Sark fan base. Or how about the Dixon fan base because they gave her such a huge storyline that he was pushed to the back.

In what Melissa has said in interviews, she had said she would stay until the show ended. She truly said that. In many opinions she won't last that long. Let alone she might not even come back this next year. Oh and there was no petition to get her off the show. Well who knows maybe there was, but it was basically because of overall fan reaction and the critics reaction to the character.

Jinnie was just stating that you shouldn't get angry at the poster who
stated the 6 year contract.

Its a common misconception with viewers and it doesn't help when the actress themself provoke it with saying how long they plan on staying.

Oh and in my opinion, I don't think she's coming back.

sixth year contract??? i highly doubt that... alias probably wont even last that long.. DONT KILL ME GUYS but face it, alias isn't going to last for eight seasons. or maybe it will... who knows??

they might just have her for like a dream or a flashback type thing. i dunno... but i really hope she doesnt come back!!!

*choke* *gag* WHAT!!! SHES WHAT!!!! Ok, calm urself. whooo wheeee whoooo. ok. ok. im ok. as long as she doesnt screw up the relationship of vaughn and syd, im ok. now off to those breathing excercises that my doc. gave me. in.....out..... LAUREN'S CAHARACTER MAKES ME SOOO !&#@$(*. ok, now....breathe....lol

rjalias said:
Wow, the anger of Lauren is not fully based on the Syd and Vaughn relationship. The hatred of her character spanned many of the ships out there. Let alone she angered the Syd/Vaughn group. But she also angered the Sark fan base. Or how about the Dixon fan base because they gave her such a huge storyline that he was pushed to the back.

In what Melissa has said in interviews, she had said she would stay until the show ended. She truly said that. In many opinions she won't last that long. Let alone she might not even come back this next year. Oh and there was no petition to get her off the show. Well who knows maybe there was, but it was basically because of overall fan reaction and the critics reaction to the character.

Jinnie was just stating that you shouldn't get angry at the poster who
stated the 6 year contract.

Its a common misconception with viewers and it doesn't help when the actress themself provoke it with saying how long they plan on staying.

Oh and in my opinion, I don't think she's coming back.
[post="1004133"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wow wow wow wow! First of all, yes there was a petition to get her off the show, sadly. She even laughed it off in an Australian TV interview which I saw thanx to Alias-Media.com last year, and yes, she was right to laugh it off because it's just plain wrong and ridiculous to try to get someone off a show like that.

Second, I'm not angry at the poster. I said I get pissed off when people do that - but not at them! Look at my original post and you'll see that's what I said.

Not stating your source on news like this is only gonna make people think that your info is bogus.

I can tell you're among the people that don't like Melissa (let's forget about Lauren here).

She didn't ASK ANYONE that she wanted to be on the show forever. The producers obviously would ask her that before she even said anything. She has no say on that since she came to the show after 2 seasons and is not among the most important people on the show, like Jennifer, Victor and Ron Rifkin (the big 3).

For her to say that she wants to stay on the show for as long as it lasts, it's COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE. Who wouldn't wanna stay on Alias?

Is it her fault that the writers made a mistake on the Lauren character?

I hope she comes back. In flashbacks or in any way. Preferably in flashbacks, because, if she comes back any other way, the only thing that would make sense is if she came back with severe, permanent injuries, perhaps in a wheelchair, somewhat or even completely paralyzed, only being able to talk, perhaps as one of the bosses of the Covenant.

I think that it's a win-win situation for everyone, because then anti-Lauren fans would laugh and make fun of her being in a wheelchair and all... :blink:

I really hope Lauren comes back in some way, and I'm tired of people hating her character since she so-called "broke up" the Syd/Vaughn relationship. I know there's other reasons, but that is the main one. And she did not break apart the relationship, Vaughn did, by getting married. Baa.... Anyways, I love Lauren and MG and would love to see her character return!

For her to say that she wants to stay on the show for as long as it lasts, it's COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE. Who wouldn't wanna stay on Alias?

Not a matter of 'want'. Her exact words were "I'm signed for as long as the show goes for." And please don't shout. It's not nice or needed.

And to prove it, here's a scan from Alias magazine. Because snipping at a poster merely repeating what an (ex) cast member said is not cool. Period. And since this is your third "is that really necessary?" response from the staff on one of your borderline posts, ivand67, this is also your last unofficial warning. Patience? Me? No. Not anymore.

But anyway. This is from the one with the Trianvil on the cover. Timeline-wise, this is also before anyone (MG included) knew *h**en was eeeeeevil and wore eyeliner. It's also the source of MG's famous "Michael has feelings for Sydney but loves Lauren" delusion. :smiley:

Back