Season 4 is lauren is back for season 4

Jinnie's edit: "We've already exchanged PMs regarding this issue, Ivan. Plus, we've moved on and back to the topic of this thread, which isn't you and I. See spoiler (brand new and very shiny) above."

She edited my message which she has the right to do. But all I wanted to do was apologize to anyone reading this. Everything's being done through PMs now.

Jinnie, I am confused.
I am gathering that (this is totally my speculation based on your spoiler) that Vaughn will think he sees Lauren (so they will have her film a few scenes), but she will remain dead. Like Vaugh is delusional?

Is that a little on the right course?

I guess we will hear if MG will be on set. I think the writers will keep that character dead.

Too many "back-from-the-dead" characters makes the audience (well, many fans like me) think, "That is too much, even for Alias".

Am I close?

From what I've gathered, I don't think she'll be back in any regular sense. I think she will be back, and along with sark to wreak some havoc in some two parters. As for signing on for six years, it may be that she'll make her self available for 6 years should the show need her? Maybe?

I just want Lauren to stay away, I did not enjoy her character. She took valuable screentime away from the 2 year storyline which I feel we were jipped out of the true plot course with the neat little wrap up in Full Disclosure.
Just imagine if they would have explored that? A couple of episodes of Julia Thorne missions would have been better than any ep where Pinky and the Brain (Lauren and Sark) where trying to take over the world.
Her screentime pushed more intregal cgaracters like Jack, Sloane and Dixon to the background, where the likes of her and Sark should have stayed.

I have to agree that my problem with Lauren was mainly the fact the she was keeping syd and vaughn apart... my problem with her charecter by the end of S3 wasn't as bad as it initionally was at the beginning but i don't have a problem with her not being in S4... I think if they bring her back it will kind of be a bit "Ahem..." if u kno what i mean... first of all it was a bit "Iffy" after Allison returned in S3 after Syd shot her 3 times... i mean, i know there was that whole 'rambaldi cure' thing but still.... so yeah, after getting shot 6 times... i highly doubt the return of Lauren in S4.

Aly xx

Well, isn't there the possibility that the Alias writers saw that there wasn't much that they could do with Syd and Vaughn as a happy couple after Season 2?

Perhaps they were doing the Vaughn character a favour by finding a way of keeping him important in Season 3 rather than having him killed off/transferred away. The Lauren triangle could have been the writers' way of keeping Vaughn on the show.

I've pointed out before that TV shows about single women decline if the woman gets committed to one guy. Using Felicity and Buffy as examples, their writers had to break up their heroines' relationships in order to avoid stagnation.

So Season 4 is going to have trouble justifying Vaughn's continued presence. Michael Vartan said towards the end of Season 3 that he wondered/worried about if his character would survive. Perhaps he was referring to the cliffhanger that had to be altered?

So who's to say that Lauren doesn't survive and get her revenge against Vaughn. It could happen.

There shouldn't be any problem with Vaughns presence on the show, they have many issues they will have to deal with, with his character in the next season. Besides he is a CIA agent and a good guy, so why would they have to get rid of him?
Any way this thread is about Lauren, maybe she'll 'haunt' Vaughn? Ya never know this is Alias after all.

superintelligentone said:
So who's to say that Lauren doesn't survive and get her revenge against Vaughn.  It could happen.
[post="1005404"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Why does she need revenge? :lol: Who betrayed whom here? Or do you mean for shooting her and coming back to ruin her plans (even though she was digging in the wrong place anyway)? [Not finding fault here, just amused by this way of looking at it.]

(And, yes, I think that part of the marriage/triangle was to throw a wrench into the S/V relationship . . . but it was executed poorly by the writers.)

verdantheart said:
Why does she need revenge?  :lol:  Who betrayed whom here? Or do you mean for shooting her and coming back to ruin her plans (even though she was digging in the wrong place anyway)? [Not finding fault here, just amused by this way of looking at it.]

(And, yes, I think that part of the marriage/triangle was to throw a wrench into the S/V relationship . . . but it was executed poorly by the writers.)
[post="1005536"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes VH, I was talking about revenge for getting shot, especially the last gunshot for the "offense of not dying and then calling out numbers". :P

Lauren may have been assigned to Vaughn, but she got to love him during their marriage since she was always angry about Sydney interfering with their "happy" lives.

I don't hate Lauren. She apparently had an unhappy and confusing childhood. ;)

Yes VH, I was talking about revenge for getting shot, especially the last gunshot for the "offense of not dying and then calling out numbers".  :P

Lauren may have been assigned to Vaughn, but she got to love him during their marriage since she was always angry about Sydney interfering with their "happy" lives. 

I don't hate Lauren.  She apparently had an unhappy and confusing childhood.  ;)
[post="1007316"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't believe Lauren ever loved Vaughn (can you say acting.?), sure they showed a few moments of reflective questioning every time she attempted to kill Vaughn and Syd but, as soon as she learned she yet again failed (because she sucked as an evil spy!) she immediately became furious that her dear hubby had yet again survived, Every other 'touching' moment while Vaughn was being tortured, etc..was an act to get Vaughn to cave. And still he didn't, unlike another 'bad boy' spy on the series who sings like a bird everytime his nose gets broken..or he's confronted by a baddie like Sloane.

I don't hate Lauren.  She apparently had an unhappy and confusing childhood.  ;)
[post="1007316"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The reason I "hate" Lauren is not because of the idea of the character* but because the character was ill-conceived/executed by the writers (as I have perhaps too often stated). And I disagree that it is established that she "got to love him during their marriage" because (as GoodVsEvil pointed out) Lauren's confession that she did turned out to be an "evil" ploy to get information out of him rather than to go to straight to the last resort (the Inferno Protocol, which might have killed him, perhaps before they got their info). Yes, she hesitated a bit when told he (and Sydney) was to be killed on his way to N Korea--but when balanced with the later development I just described, this turns out to be yet another inconsistency in the way the character was written. On the whole, there is little reason to believe that Lauren developed much feeling for Vaughn--other than as a competitive prize to be held from Sydney and a strategic asset to be maintained. ;)

* Although the idea of Vaughn marrying "the evil wife" always seemed trite and too "easy" to me.
✌️

I should remind people that there was an episode where Lauren warned Syd to stay away from her husband. Syd was surprised at being accused of being after Vaughn. I forget the episode.

Lauren would have no "need" to announce her jealousy to Sydney if it wasn't true. :D

I should remind people that there was an episode where Lauren warned Syd to stay away from her husband.  Syd was surprised at being accused of being after Vaughn.  I forget the episode.

Lauren would have no "need" to announce her jealousy to Sydney if it wasn't true.    :D
[post="1010559"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That was After Six, and Lauren did so not out of jealousy, but because she'd been ordered to put a stop to her husband's "sextivities" by her boss, Cole.

I should remind people that there was an episode where Lauren warned Syd to stay away from her husband.  Syd was surprised at being accused of being after Vaughn.  I forget the episode.

Lauren would have no "need" to announce her jealousy to Sydney if it wasn't true.    :D
[post="1010559"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Jinnie said:
That was After Six, and Lauren did so not out of jealousy, but because she'd been ordered to put a stop to her husband's "sextivities" by her boss, Cole.
[post="1010561"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Because that incident immediately followed Cole's prompting, I didn't even consider mentioning it. ;)

It's true she signed a six year contract but she wont be back in season four since she's filming two movies and is very busy.

mjkorp said:
melissa gorge singed a six year contract

titled edited since people may think its a spoiler!!!!
[post="986354"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

MG is filming Amityville Horror. If ever she will be back, it will only be a guest stint. I won't be bother if she comes back as long as Vaughn will kick her ass. Hehehe.. And nobody dies in the cast remember Alisson, she's still alive...

Back