Is Sloane Good or Bad?

I would just like some other people's opinions on Sloane. Have any of you out there forgiven him? I personally haven't. I can never forgive him for killing Danny despite how much i think she is better off with Vaughn that doesn't matter. And everything he did like keeping Sydney's mom aways from her, and lying to her all the time, and convincing her friends that they work for the CIA and decieving her for sooo long before she found out about SD-6. I don't want him to be executed because I know that he is central to the storyline but I sure do hope that his colors reveal soon. Has he really changed? Will he betray Jack and Sydney again? You be the judge of that! Please tell me your opinions!

Well, personally, i think Sloane is still evil. Basically i think this because of the fact that the show right now is trying to make him seem so innocent (by him being charged with being the CIA mole)... and if they keep on building up his innocence, when he shows his true evilness.. it will be a bigger shock than if they didnt make him seem innocent.

Well, can someone who did all those bad things without any remorse really turn out good? Yes, it's possible, but kinda difficult. And I think that's exactly what JJ intended to do by introducing this storyline. So the only thing to do is to wait and see!

Sloane is a really, really bad person.. But that's why I like him so much.. ^_^

Sloane just has this quality about him. You want to believe him when he says he is good, but you KNOW that he is just BAD. However, I do believe in the past three seasons, it has shown that his soft spot is definately Sidney and Jack, HOWEVER he won't let them get in the way of his end game. He is such a complex character!!!!!! :sly:

Sloane must be bad! He is a very evil man which is one of the reasons why everyone, including myself, love him so much! I wouldn't be pleased if he stayed good and never went back to his true lifestyle.

:rolleyes: Sloane can never be good because he is all about self interest. He is a rich/complex character but I could never forgive him (nor Irina) for killing Francie, Danny, Dixon's wife... Is Sloane the puppet master of the covenant? Are he and Irina still working together? What happened w/ him and the DeRegno heart? Did Sloane really have sexo w/ Irina? What is his "endgame"?

sloanes totally evil...but without him the show would have no EVIL VILLAIN WHO IS THE PUPPETEER IN THE WHOLE SHOW...ya know? hes the character we love to hate!

I think Sloane is the leader. Just because I don't think Irina would put Syd through that pain of losing two years of her life and Vaughn.

love him.. I mean he had Danny killed.. if he hadn't Syd would probably be married to him by now.. and we wouldn't like that, would we? :jump:

oh, he's funny..in a sick mental way, but he is.

and the man has got a heart.. he cut his finger off, for Jim Caviezel's sake!!
:trampoline: ..ei! but he really really loved Emily.

Cecília said:
and the man has got a heart.. he cut his finger off, for Jim Caviezel's sake!!
Saving his own life and organization? I don't think he really wanted to sacrifice his plans for the Alliance, an organization he happily destroyed months later. I'm not sure I'd put this down as a huge sacrifice on his part--I'd rather die (and take all of you with me) than have it cut off.
;)

haha yah i agree...but sloane is evil, forever and always. theres just no way he could suddenly turn around without YEARS of some kind of PHYCHOTHERAPY...or something like that, i dont even know what that is it just sounds like something hed need...

haha yah i agree...but sloane is evil, forever and always. theres just no way he could suddenly turn around without YEARS of some kind of PHYCHOTHERAPY...or something like that, i dont even know what that is it just sounds like something hed need...

Sloane is an evil, nefarious, manipulative, no-good slug with absolutely no redeeming qualities at all. Jack should have let him die. :angry:

I'll be glad to clarify my feelings about Sloane if you like! :P

I think that Sloane's character is evolving from being simply evil into one more like the equivalent of Irina. They have great love for their daughters, but they have their own agenda.

Sloane does have considerable love for Sydney. I'm not sure if there is more to their relationship than has been revealed, but Sloane never tried to eliminate her - he warned her not to force him to do it, but he wants her alive. Sloane knows that she wouldn't be as generous if she had a chance to get him. This is significant!

Sloane is willing to put Nadia through temporary discomfort, but he wouldn't cross the line when Sark and Lauren wanted Nadia to get another dose that would harm her. He warned them that they would regret forcing her to get the second dose.

Irina willingly shot Sydney in the shoulder when they first met, knowing that she'd recover. At the end of season two at the hockey rink, Irina resorted to knocking Sydney out with a punch, rather than handcuffing or tying her up. Sydney knows that her mother loves her, but wouldn't hesitate shooting her if she had to.

So I no longer think that Sloane is a monster. He is like Irina, someone who has their own agenda. Both Sloane and Irina are not good, but not truly evil either, following their own selfish agendas and are willing to hurt people to do it.

Back