Season 2 Is Superbowl Alias' Last Chance?

SiriCerasi said:
Is this episode still gonna air at 9? Even if its after the Superbowl?
It probably depends on where you are. If you're on the east coast, the Superbowl might run into the time slot, so it might start at an odd time directly following the Superbowl in Eastern/Central time. But in Mountain and Pacific time it might run at the usual time.

NOOOOOO :( they can't cancel Alias. However, I've noticed that not as many people as I expected watch the show. It's such a good show, I don't understand why it hasn't received that many ratings. I've only met a handful of people who actually watch the show and it upsets me. People don't know what they're missing. Anyhow, I don't watch too much TV but I always make time for Alias, so I hope they do not cancel the show :thinking:

Alias is currently my favorite show and the only show that I must see each week. I am concerned w/ the ratings and IMHO one of the things that make the show so great is also hurting the show in the ratings.

So many things have happened up to this point and have made the show so well-developed which is why fans are addicted to the show. Unfortunately, for ppl that don't follow the show, it is really confusing since they don't know all that has happened in the past, so they don't watch the show. That is why I don't think airing after the Super Bowl will net a significant increase in viewership bc ppl will have no idea what is going on. Unless they air an episode where new viewers will be able to easily follow the show, I don't think that there will be a big jump in viewship.

On the other hand, I would guess that fans of the show are addicted and extremely loyal to the show which I hope ABC realizes and continues to give Alias a chance. I think that Alias viewership will gradually rise since everyone that gives the show a chance will get addicted to it.

They won't cancel the show just because they put it on the post-Superbowl slot, like many people have said already. I mean, if this is such a GREAT spot for a T.V. show, then why would they put it there just to see if it'll last? ALIAS it my favorite show, and I don't know what I'll do if they cancel. I leterally WAIT for Sunday, and the only bright thing about it is ALIAS. I mean, it's the day before school! So if they cancel, I'm with you monk1011!!!! I'll strike with you(implying to the "I'll break into the Vatican with you!"lol! See the obsession?

No cancelling allowed! If they cancel, I'm boycotting ABC! Oh, and another reason it doesn't have that many viewers- it's on pretty late at night.

~Me :angel2:

It's so infuriating that people don't watch. I'm worried about the ratings, too. What I really want is for ABC to release a season 1 DVD so new viewers can catch up.

Yeah, that makes sense, so why are they releasing it next September (i think) when everyone will want season 2??? It makes no sense.

It's because they didn't think ahead. Now even if they do release season 1 on DVD, it will be too late for anyone to tune in to SEASON 2 for higher ratings. ABC isn't really that smart, now is it? :angry:

Exactly! WE KNOW THEIR SECRET!............ :angry: :thinking: ABC..is...run..by...PIGS!

lmao!

it's the truth! if they expect their network to work. They had better smarten up and fire whoever the H** decided that Alias may be canceled because it's all.His.FAULT!! lol j/k

but they need to smarten up and review they're approach..

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>A</span><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>G</span>

I agree with all you guys. I get so mad every Monday when I check Zap2it and see that Alias has again lost out to the crappy, overexposed Law and Order: Criminal Intent, and the laughably stupid CBS Sunday Movie, whatever it is. Are people so used to the felgercarb that they normally watch that a wonderful show like Alias can't make it just because it is intelligent and requires some thinking to watch? I just don't understand. I do think it would help if ABC released season 1 on DVD because, besides keeping us loyal viewers happy, it could also draw new viewers after they were caught up. If Alias gets canceled, it's ABC's fault. Their bad treatment and stupid planning for this dynamic, beautifully put together show is what will most likely kill it in the end. :angry: :angry: :angry:

If they shut down Alias well lets just say they'll regret it!! Ill fly down to LA and protest with my other Alias fans and they're gonna put it back on!!! hehehehe~! that actually would be sorta fun if michael vartan was there! :D

Back