Is Synchronized Swimming a Sport?

Is Synchronized Swimming a sport?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• Total voters
:lol: if i dont say yes she'll hunt me down and kill me jk jk

but yeah i definitely think its a sport, synchro atheletes train just as harder as any other stport if not harder

Carolyn...you dont have a 'depends' option...
'Cause, Ashee thinks it depends...so - Im creating my own option

Depends __
*checks the little line*

There *pokes out tongue*

of course its a sport!!! anyone who says different doesn't know how much hair is on chewy!

ok so that was bad but seriously Caro I think its a sport

while i may lean more towards no i feel there are two categories of sports: people earning "points" based on actual fact of the rules. and then there are sports that are judged and are opinionated-based and there is no actual fact to determine who wins. So under the biase-based sports and opionated sports syncronized swimming would be an opinionated one.

Well, I think that there are opinion-based sports that take a hell of a lot more skill than some points-based sports. Artistic gymnastics, for example, is one of the most challenging sports there is, and yet it is a subjective sport.

Some people say they think only points-based sports are 'real' sports, and yet the level of skill required for many of these sports is nowhere near the level of skill and training needed for people in subjective sports.

Natalia said:
Well, I think that there are opinion-based sports that take a hell of a lot more skill than some points-based sports. Artistic gymnastics, for example, is one of the most challenging sports there is, and yet it is a subjective sport.

Some people say they think only points-based sports are 'real' sports, and yet the level of skill required for many of these sports is nowhere near the level of skill and training needed for people in subjective sports.
[post="1466037"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I totally agree, which is why i think synchronized swimming is a sport (well, that and the fact that i compete it) but swimmers take gymnastic, dance, rythmic gym, some figure skate.

Synchronized swimming is a combined skill of speed swimming, gymnastic, dance, skating, running and breath holding... i mean, the best description i have ever heard is this.

Imagine running a 400m, in water, holding your breath, with your legs in the air, and then your arms, now point your toes, extend your knees...and smile

I have no less respect for any other sports simply because im that kid who has done every sport, but are people really in a position to judge something they've never done?

Back