Is T.R. Knight about to exit “Grey’s Anatomy”?

Alias_Gay

Ensign
Is T.R. Knight about to exit “Grey’s Anatomy”?

The actor was the subject of a widely-publicized homophobic slur by a cast mate and he “is so upset about the situation and so disgusted by how it was all handled,” that he’s planning to leave the show, says a source.

“He was told not to say anything about the whole incident,” says the insider, referring to an on-set dust up in October when fellow cast member Isaiah Washington referred to Knight, who plays Dr. George O’Malley, with a derogatory word used to describe gay men.

“He kept his word, but then the whole thing blew up again at the Golden Globes, and when he was asked about it, he basically called Isaiah a liar,” says the source. “He feels that the atmosphere there is so toxic and unhealthy. I suppose things could change and we would stay, but for now, he’s planning to leave the show.”

When asked if Knight planned to leave the show, his spokeswoman told The Scoop: “We’re not commenting on that.” She later called back and said that the story was “Completely, one thousand percent false.” A rep for the network also called to add that “rumors of T. R. Knight’s departure from the show are irrefutably untrue.”

OK, I am not sure if this has been discussed as yet ... but I wonder what you as fans of the show and the characters think about this issue ...

This is the latest buzz in regards to TR Knight ... which I think is probably not true ... but what do you think should happen on the show with the characters???

I would be PISSED.
there were rumors of someone dying or whatever (stupid unsubstantiated rumors) but i sort of thought it'd be burke because IW was such a douche.

This is all so stupid. Why is he going to let Isaiah ruin one of the best things that's ever happened to him? Even if he did say something, they need to act like adults and just deal with it. Personally, I am so sick of hearing about this :angry:

I belive it's just a rumor that he's leaving. I don't think he would leave, the cast members would never allow him to go and IW to stay.

There was an article on tvguide.com were Shonda speaks about it:

Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes has uttered her first words regarding Isaiahgate via this just-released statement:

"I speak for all the executive producers here at Grey's Anatomy when I say that Isaiah Washington's use of such a disturbing word was a shocking and dismaying event that insulted not only gays and lesbians everywhere but anyone who has ever struggled for respect in a world that is not always accepting of difference.

We’ve been working within the Grey’s family as well as with ABC and Touchstone Television to address the issue in a way that underscores the gravity of the situation while giving us all a foundation for healing. We applaud and encourage Isaiah's realization that he needs help and his subsequent choice to seek immediate treatment for his behavioral issues.

We appreciate the support the fans have always given our show, particularly during this stressful time. Creatively, we continue to strive to make the best television we can with the hope that our show reflects the talent, hard work and professionalism of our cast and crew."

Coincidentally, Washington also put out a statement today, in which he essentially announces that he is, um, seeing a shrink.

"With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again. I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally."

I'm gonna turn into Arvin Sloane if IW keeps his job and they let TR go.

I doubt this would actually happen, but if it did I would extremelymad. Geroge is an awesome character, and Burke, well...the only reason I see Burke staying is because I like him with Christina. The whole thing was stupid, and hopefully will be able to be resolved soon. Like seriosuly how old is Isaiah, anway? I don't think one comment will make T.R leave despite how upset he may be. It appears like he has many people on set standing behind him, so I think as of now this is just a rumor.

I hate when actors leave shows. It ruins the entire show. What's even worse is when they replace them with another actor.

Back