Season 3 Is the chemistry between syd & vaughn is gone?

M

morin82

Hey guys!

Like all of you im a big fan of Sydney & Vaughn but after last night episode my first thought was: the chemistrey between them is gone!!!
Im talking about the houspital scene it was so strange and so cold and the handshke was soooo..... :frozen:
no hugs one tears just cold looks and a lot of distans.

I think that JJ is gaveup on Sydney & Vaughn and that they will never be together ever again.

I see what you mean, but I don't think that the chemistry is gone. You have to remember that Vaughn was telling Sydney that she and Nadia were going to both die after a battle, so it was a pretty somber conversation. Also, when couples date in real life, usually some of the chemistry is gone, so that may be an issue too. Even if JJ has given up on them (which I don't think!), a lot of the fans won't ;)

I'm not the lookout for S/V chemistry like I used to be, but yeah - I don't pick up anything between those two anymore. Like earlier in the season at the airfield was the last time I ever remember thinking *sniff sniff* but even that all touted kiss in Korea left me cold!

I don't what has happened to it, but I agree something is amiss between Syd and Vaughn.

I dont think the chemistry has gone, i think the episode was mostly based about the passenger, and it probably felt like that coz Vaughn had to tell her about the big battle! But i still see the chemistry, the one thing i thought was great about the hospital scene was when Vaughn asked Syd, Are you alright? It reminded me of the Counteragent scene when she was getting the blood from him! Hes the one dying but he still has to find out if shes in any danger, i thought that was sweet, i still see the chemisty and i hope that there will be a shipper moment before the end of the season, i dont think JJ has given up on Syd and Vaughn!

I don't think JJ has given up on the S/V relationship. However, I have noticed a lack of chemistry between the two, which is part of the reason I'm not a Sydney and Vaughn shipper.

Like Suzi said, the kiss in North Korea :cold: Also the scene in the plane when Sydney said she was hopeful, and Vaughn asked her for a cup of coffee :cold: And also, in last weeks episode, with the whole "I want a normal life" exchange - totally lacking chemsitry...

I am soory that i have to agree with this but i fear its true - first the talk they had on the plane aboutn him leving lauren was as wooden as a pair of clogs and now this hold my hand and look awkward while i tell you a story and pretend to care - it's too much for a porr old s/v shipper like myself! what have they done with my fave TV couple!! first ross and rahcel and now syd and vaughn!! i may have to stop watching new TV and live forever in a world of repeats of old episodes!! :(

So do you think that sance jeniffer & michael became a couple in real life the chemistrey between them on screen is gone???

I dont think the chemistry has gone i just dont think they've had the chance to let it out, everything at the moment has been revolved around the passenger and Rimbaldi, i read a while back that they had shortened the hospital scene, and apparently in the longer scene Syd and Vaughn were suppose to have a talk, JJ is just not giving us any moments but i do think he'll give us some in the last 2 episode, well i hope! I definelty saw the chemistry in epi 15- the hug, ep 3- when they go on a mission, the kiss in episode 12, i dont think being a real life couple has effected their chemistry its just the fact that JJ is focussing more on the Rimbaldi storyline!

morin82 said:
So do you think that sance jeniffer & michael became a couple in real life the chemistrey between them on screen is gone???
no - i think the writers have made it go away - i dont know why - as suzi said prelude got us welling up (well some of us) - they still can have chemistry - also the moment in conscious when syd awoke and kissed him - he looked like he wanted it so bad................the chemistry is gone at times when maybe they need it to be gone. if that makes sense. it will be back - if they ever allow it to come back. JG and MV ooze chemistry in scenes where they are supposed to - this is not about their acting skills.

I think it's hard for them to show any chemistry together, since they have had no personal time together almost all season. Where are the long talks about her missing 2 years? Where are the long talks about how they feel, and about what they are going to do. Where was the talk about these "hopes" they had about being together? I think because all of that is missing, it's had to see any chemistry between them, because all we really see is them working together.

I have to agree that the scene between Syd and Vaughn last night was totally akward. I think it is going to take a long time for the S/V relationship to return to what it once was. Yes, Lauren is bad and Vaughn FINALLY knows, but that doesn't fix the fact that he chose his marriage to Lauren over his obvious feelings for Syd. Yes, he "left" Lauren, but he went back to her like a little puppy dog when her father died. Syd should be a little upset and confused about that.

If he really loved her, wouldn't he find a way for them to be together? Obviously he is going to end his relationship with Lauren now that he knows she betrayed him and the CIA, but isn't the easy way out when it comes to his relationship with Syd? Syd must see that, she is a smart girl.

However, having said all that, I still think the scene was a little too awkward compared to the past S/V moments of this season when Syd was willing to let her feelings show...wasn't she bawling on her couch three episodes ago? Her character seems a little inconsistent especially when it concerns Vaughn. I think we all miss the "old days" of S/V, when we were able to truly see the chemistry between them; it is difficult to see the realtionship is such bad shape.

morin82 said:
Hey guys!

Like all of you im a big fan of Sydney & Vaughn but after last night episode my first thought was: the chemistrey between them is gone!!!
Im talking about the houspital scene it was so strange and so cold and the handshke was soooo..... :frozen:
no hugs one tears just cold looks and a lot of distans.

I think that JJ is gaveup on Sydney & Vaughn and that they will never be together ever again.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I totally agree with you!! They have no chemistry lately -- at all. BUMMER!!</span>

yah the scene was a little cold...but it was still awkward betweem them, i guess...from everything thats been going on! IM SURE THE HEAST WILL BE BACK THOUGH!

I think that it's going to be a little awkward until Lauren is completely out of the picture.... That said ,I think you can still see the way they feel by the way they look at each other.... Like you said, it was a very somber moment last night when he grabbed her hand,plus it's probably still mixed with, I don't know if I should be touching you yet, you're still married.... That sort of thing... Don't lose faith!!!

I don't believe the chemistry is gone. I mean there have been a lot of distractions for these two characters this season (missing 2 years, a sham of a marriage, "the passenger", the Covenant, just to name a few) that they really haven't had much meaningful screen time together but when they did, (N. Korea, the scene on the plane that was mentioned earlier) you could see the love between them. I think this relationship will probably be back to the forefront next season.

oh think the chemistry is there they just not getting enough time to show it! if they had some more alone time and didnt have any distractions like gabie said i think there would be alot more s/v moments that we all so use too. but with the story line takin all kinds of turns and less s/v interaction they arent allowed to be all lovey dovey.

It's not gone. But S&V's relationship has been damaged this season SO it will be awkward between them.

I do not think S&V are over at all.

Does it matter if there was chemistry in that scene are not ? Did it not
matter to JJ that there was NEVER any chemisrty between MG/MV .

You have to keep in mind .Vaughn is telling Sydney something she
doesn't want to hear or believe. Just like before Syd told Vaughn about
Lauren being a mole. Why would love be melting in that shot.

Come on now I'm not a shipper but aleast I get why there wasn't
going be any goose bumps in that scene. If they were acting lovely
did people would be saying I CAN"T BELIVE SYD WOULD JUST FORGIVE
HIM THAT EASY. Look at how Vaughn was telling Syd things because
he knows Lauren's bad.

Pick a side now people. I can't believe that Jack actually thinks he
can trust Sloane. Syd going down the path she did with Irinia.
Jack and Vaughn are once again warning her.

I don't believe the chemistry is gone, but I do think that she's being cautious about getting close to him, first he says that she's the only person he loves, and goes back to Lauren, then Sark makes him put the gun down if he loves her, and goes back to Lauren, then he tells Sydney that he and Lauren are seperating and goes back to Lauren.... Wouldn't you be a little cautious? and everyone was complaining that all she does is cry and sit by his bedside any more! :woot: It will get back to normal once Lauren is gone, they both have healed, and can start going on missions together again. Have faith!

Back