Is this a movie?

ok, so i am thinking about making a movie like a summer movie. something you dont have to spend lots of time trying to understand. so i was trying to get an idea and this idea came to me. it sounds vaguely familiar to some movie that i could have seen, but im not quite sure. this gonna-be high school senior got a bad grade in history so his parents force him to go to summer school. however, since he is a popular person, he wants to go into senior year with a girlfriend. while at a local pool, his friend tells him to ask this one girl out. he does and she reluctently goes out with him and they end up having a great time together. however, at the end of summer, she is leaving to attend Oxford.

it's a cheesy plot, but i think it's already been done before. can someone help me?

As my university scriptwriting lecturer said, there is no such thing as an original plot. It's all about how well you execute it.

I'm not an expert on this kind of movie, but I don't think it is an exact copy of anything. Only if you gave all your characters the same names, set it in the same location etc could it be a problem.

If you want to do it, I say go ahead. I bet it changes a lot as you go anyway. I have had to write a lot if film scripts, and be involved in the making of a lot of short films, and it never turns out exactly the way you thought it wold. It's your idea, so do what you like. :smiley:

Back