Is Victor Garber with someone?

416fan

Cadet
just wondering?

----

Jinnie edit:

Because Jen's personal life is discussed in two (albeit, heavily moderated) threads, the staff agrees that this thread can continue. However, posts which are not respectful or violate AA rules will be edited/deleted, and the poster risks an immediate warning. Keep that in mind.

We're not allowed to talk about the cast's personal life. This thread will most likely be closed because there was a similar one when someone asked if he was married which led to speculation about his love life.

^ Yeah, my understanding is we're allowed to discuss facts, but not rumors or speculation. As far as I know VG isn't married and is pretty private about his personal life. I know that's not a very helpful answer, but it's the best I can do. :D

sugababyboo said:
We're not allowed to talk about the cast's personal life.  This thread will most likely be closed because there was a similar one when someone asked if he was married which led to speculation about his love life.
[post="1318744"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Alias_47 said:
^Then how do we get by with talking about Jennifer's love life with Ben Affleck?
[post="1318746"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ms.katejones said:
^ Yeah, my understanding is we're allowed to discuss facts, but not rumors or speculation. As far as I know VG isn't married and is pretty private about his personal life. I know that's not a very helpful answer, but it's the best I can do.  :D
[post="1318771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You're all right. Some fans complained, but I agree; it makes no sense to allow Jen's love life discussion, and not Victor.

As such, this thread is fine and may continue - but I'll keep an eye on it like I do the two Jen (Gartan and Jen/Ben) threads. :smiley:

Nice one, thanks Jinnie! That's cool! I wonder if he is or not! He's such an awesome guy... he rocks! GO VICTOR :lol:

I don't understand, Victor himself has said that he doesn't like talking about his personal life, so why should we? There are no facts to whether or not he is with someone or if he is gay, because he's never made this known. He's never said that he was single or straight?? So where are the facts? With Jennifer there are pictures and various articles coming from reliable news sources. There's next to nothing on Victor. He's not out there like Jennifer is with Ben. The last thread was closed because people started speculating about his sexuality just like this one, I don't understand...

I don't understand, Victor himself has said that he doesn't like talking about his personal life, so why should we?

Jennifer has yet to comment on news about Ben or the pregnancy, too.

They are celebrities. Living life in the public eye equals private life discussion. I will be keeping an eye on this thread like I do the two Jen ones, but as long as people are respectful, I don't have a problem.

The previous thread was closed because the staff bowed to demands of very protective fans. I disagreed with that and offered to moderate one. And thus, here we are.

If you disagree with this thread's existance, I suggest not reading it. :smiley:

Maybe I'm having a Jessica Simpson moment, but I still don't understand. The difference between Jennifer and Victor is, Jen puts it out there. She chooses to go out with ben and knows that she will be photographed. The only time that Victor has been photographed by the paparazzi since being on the show is when Michael went house shopping and brought Jennifer along with him.

Unlike Jen, news and entertainmnet shows do not report rumors regarding Victor's love life and no one that works with him confims or denies them either, unlike JJ commenting on Jennifer's pregnancy.

He hasn't put his personal life out there in any kind of way, so again, why are speculating about it? I would understand if there were pictures of him going out on dates with a man or woman but there isn't.

Respect for the cast and crew of Alias is also important. Although criticism is fine, personal attacks are not. Please also respect their privacy.  Yes, they are in the public eye. But that doesn't mean that we as a community shouldn't do the right thing. This includes spreading rumors and gossip.  Threads of this nature will be closed.

Perhaps we have a different definition when it comes to respecting the privacy of the cast and crew. I think respecting Victor's is not talking about whether he is single, or straight because like I said before, he doesn't comment on it. Plus, I don't think anyone would be comfortable with people on the internet talking about their sexuality especially on a message board that has a rule about respecting their privacy. Again, I'm just trying to understand the rules on here and where you're coming from.

Honestly, I'm not going to keep going in circles.

The Rules said:
Respect for the cast and crew of Alias is also important. Although criticism is fine, personal attacks are not. Please also respect their privacy.  Yes, they are in the public eye. But that doesn't mean that we as a community shouldn't do the right thing. This includes spreading rumors and gossip.  Threads of this nature will be closed.

Jinnie said:
They are celebrities. Living life in the public eye equals private life discussion. I will be keeping an eye on this thread like I do the two Jen ones, but as long as people are respectful, I don't have a problem.

I should also note that, like the rules and the two Jen threads, I will be enforcing no rumors here, too.

Quite frankly, I don't seen an issue here. It seems to me that some fans are sensitive to lifestyle happenings which don't - and shouldn't - matter to most people who post in threads like these. Those who cannot discuss those maturely will face the consequences.

Members of the staff discussed this topic last night and came to the conclusion that it will be allowed, despite knowing some fans will disagree with that decision. Which is fine; no one said you had to do so. But like I said, the decision was final and will not change to serve a few fans' opinions.

Besides, I highly doubt one (strictly moderated) thread on a message board will mean anything to Victor Garber.

And since I've explained things about 4 times, that's it. Topic, please. All offtopic posts will be edited.

kahlenm said:
Maybe I'm having a Jessica Simpson moment, but I still don't understand.  The difference between Jennifer and Victor is, Jen puts it out there.  She chooses to go out with ben and knows that she will be photographed. 
[post="1353556"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think Jen really puts it out there. She can't spend her entire life in hiding just so she isn't photographed. The reason she is photographed so much more than Victor is because she is younger and more famous. The tabloids don't show many people Victor's age that frequently and the majority of the demographic that buys those types of magazine don't know who he is. I had no idea who he was until Alias. Jen is well known to just about everybody and, she is also dating someone really famous. I'm sure if Victor started going out with someone largely in the public eye, he would be photographed more.

I'm with you though about discussing his sexuality. I think it's rude. Who cares. Victor is awesome no matter what!!!!

All I'll say is when I was on sd-1 my friend andrea and I were talking in a Victor thread and we assumed he was married. Why wouldn't we, he is fantabulous :D His fans surrounded us as if we brought up his sexuality, which we didn't! The happy ending is, I became friends with one of these individuals and like Victor she fantabulous!

If I were older, I'd be his Catherine Zeta Jones :lol: I kid, I kid!

Excellent. I'm glad the same standard will be used for discussing the private lives of the actors.

Whomever he happens to be with, I just hope he's happy. :smiley:

That's my hope, too. He's an amazing actor who makes me very happy with his astonishing performances, so I hope he has happiness in his own life, too.

Whether Victor is gay or straight, it shouldn't matter. He is an extremely warm, loving and talented man. From everything I know about him whomever he is with is very lucky.

It fascinates me that there is a division between fans - those who love Jack and could care less about how Victor chooses to live his life... and those who love Victor and are horrified when a fan goes so far as mentions his personal life (even if they don't know!), which implies sensitivity Victor himself doesn't have.

To discourage power-posting, which is rude and seems to be in effect, this topic will always be on top - as in pinned. If you don't like it, don't read it! Problem solved. And as mentioned earlier, any off-topic posts will be removed and the member will be warned (I'm done debating about the topic. It exists, just like Victor is gay! Deal with it!). Just don't do it.

:redhair: I'm sure he's surrounded by people who adore him..with talent and th passion he has for his craft, I'm pretty sure he's got plenty of company

Back