is will sydneys true love?

No I don't think she's lying, I think she does love him, but that doesnt mean there are soul mates. She loved Danny with all her heart, but she moved on. And Vaughn loved and married another woman.

I just think that Will and Syd were meant to be, but the powers that be don't always let things like that happen.

Will loves Sydney unconditionally. He loves her for who she is.

Mike seems to want to change Sydney from the independent, resourceful woman that she is. When he first met Syd, he talked down to her. His admission that he thought that Syd was some sort of nutcase with her 'Bozo-hair' is a sign of a toxic relationship to me. I can imagine Vaughn as one of those guys you see on Jerry Springer or Maury Povitch with control issues with his wife.

And no you're right Syd and Danny didn't share what Syd and Vaughn do, what they share isn't based on lies or decitful acts.

Yes, Vaughn DID become Sydney's handler because he thought she might know more. But their relationship is DEFINITELY not based on lies. Very soon after becoming her handler, Vaughn realized Sydney didn't know more. And yet he did continue to be her handler and feeling protective of her.

Sydney and Danny's relationship may not either be based on lies, but she definitely lied more to him than S/V ever did to one another. She lied about her job, which is basically her life.

.....series 1 when she first told we she was engaged she knew she had to tell him she could see it would upset him..and just they way shes been looking at him come on you cant say you havent see it..........

Yes I did see the way she looked at him. It was definitely not with love and regret, she looked at him that way because she knew he would be hurt and she cares about him.
If it was Will that she loved, she would've said no to Danny's proposal and she would've chosen Will over Vaughn in season 2.

I'm not trying to say Sydney and Danny didn't love each other, and if you guys want to believe Will & Sydney then so be it.

But I'm not gonna discuss this anymore because it's obviously not leading anywhere. ;)

It's not that it's not leading anywhere, it's that we are stead fast in our opinions.

And as for S/v not having that many lies between them and the lies that S/D had, Syd lied about her job b/c she had to to Danny.

Vaughn lied about who he was, from the time he met her until if he had to tell the truth by force b/c Irina knew the truth and would expose him. He was covering his own ass, and we in turn found out he too was lying about his life. He also deceived Syd when it came to Alice and when it came to his investigation of Irina.

Syd told Danny one lie, albeit a damn big one, but Vaughn's lie about who he really was is just as bad if not worse and is marred all that much more by the other lies.

Also I don't think that you fake your own death and leave you wife and unborn child to take the wrath of the people that wanted you dead. That just ain't hushband material right there.

We can like it or not, but Will loves Syd and Syd loves Vaughn. I think it's a bit ridiculous to write about things that never happened on the show. That's for fan fics. ;)

Vaughn lied about who he was, from the time he met her until if he had to tell the truth by force b/c Irina knew the truth and would expose him.
Vaughn didn't lie about who he was. She always knew who he was and he always told her who he was. He just didn't tell her that his name until he was 18 months old was Andre Michaux. A fact that doesn't change a thing about the person he is. It's a name. A name that even Vaughn doesn't remember cause he was too young. Vaughn never lied to Sydney about himself. :smiley: And we're not talking about Syd and Vaughn's love. The fact the Vaughn lies or doesn't lie to Syd has nothing to do with Syd's love for Will.

Also I don't think that you fake your own death and leave you wife and unborn child to take the wrath of the people that wanted you dead. That just ain't hushband material right there.
well, it seems you know more than everyone, so I think you should use spoiler tags. We still don't know what happened. If you know keep it for yourself. If you don't, you probably should wait to talk about it :smiley:

plus i also think syd and will are made for each othe.....series 1 when she first told we she was engaged she knew she had to tell him she could see it would upset him..and just they way shes been looking at him come on you cant say you havent see it..........the only reson she chose mv over will is because when she saw what happened to danny she could do that again to someone she loved and plus she new will couldent hack her being away all the time.mv was just there every where she whent.......not saying she dont love vaughn but will has been there for the start even when she was with danny she had feeling for will
LOl lets talk about things that actually happened on the show. And don't talk about things that you create in your mind. Syd had feelings for Will when she was with Danny? :lol: How do you know that? If she had why was she with Danny and not with Will? As far as we know Syd probably had feelings for Noah... but Will? She never said so.
And Syd told Will about her engagement cause everyone's tell that to their best firends. She told Francie too... and I don't think she had feelings for Francie... but maybe she had :P
And the argument that she wasn't with Will because she didn't want to get him kill doesn't work too. Cause she still was his friend, so she was putting him in danger too.

Can you explain me why she didn't react when Will kissed her in a Broken Heart? Well, I think the explantion is simple. She didn't kiss him back cause she didn't feel a thing. :smiley:

LOl lets talk about things that actually happened on the show. And don't talk about things that you create in your mind. Syd had feelings for Will when she was with Danny? :lol: How do you know that?

I agree about that. That you shouldn't say things that haven't happened in shows. In some shows, I ship people who aren't dating but you know, I gotta face the fact about who loves who. For example, I wish the people I ship are meant to be, but if they're not, it really sucks but I'm not going to go around saying "Nope, she doesn't love him. She loves the other guy. I don't care if she says yes to his proposal and they get married and get kids and she tells him she loves him. Because she doesn't."
You know? Sydney.Chose.Vaughn. Wether you like it or not.

Let's see Alias as it is: A tv show. In that tv show - it's the writers and producers who decide who loves who. It's pretty obvious Sydney isn't in love with Will and nobody has said she is in love with him.

I mean, so J.J thought this: "Sydney will be with Vaughn forever, but she won't love him, she's really in love with Will but she won't end up with him." JJ has never said a friggin' thing about this. It's S/V. He wants S/V. He knew it was gonna be S/V from the beginning.

But of course you can wish Will & Sydney were meant to be. Of course you can write fan fiction.

But Will & Sydney is just as meant to be together as Sydney & Francie is. And that's FACT.

In some shows, I ship people who aren't dating but you know, I gotta face the fact about who loves who. For example, I wish the people I ship are meant to be, but if they're not, it really sucks but I'm not going to go around saying "Nope, she doesn't love him. She loves the other guy."
Exactly. Feel free to have your own opinons about who YOU want to be "soul mates," but at the same time you have to face the facts, especially when a character isn't even mentioned on a show for well over a season (sad, but true).

Another thought, haven't you ever fallen for a good friend or even your best friend? Did those feelings last forever when they weren't returned? I don't know about you, but I get over it and even though it takes time, I move on. You can still love someone with all your heart without being in love with them. In my opinon, this is what it is like for Syd and Will.

Vaughn faked his own death huh? I guess I missed that episode . . . I wonder where the writers got their info for tonight's episode?

as much as love the whole S/V thing, i still like to dabble in other ships and Swill is one of them.

i just think that Syd & Will would make a great couple because they have so much more history together than Syd & Vaughn. they've been best friends for...well, EVER and there's always been that underlying romance that they choose to ignore. maybe they should get a little tipsy more often to they can realize it.

like in Remnants, Syd told Vaughn afterward that it meant nothing, but when she saw Will at the end, they were all smiles and you could tell there was something deeper there.

i just think they should have another fling before the series is over. lol. ^_^

Syd told Vaughn afterward that it meant nothing, but when she saw Will at the end, they were all smiles and you could tell there was something deeper there.

i just think they should have another fling before the series is over. lol

So something deeper=a fling? Doesn't make much sense to me.

The reason they were smiling was because it was a fling and nothing more. It would be like sleeping with your best friend from five years ago.

Vaughn didn't lie about who he was. She always knew who he was and he always told her who he was. He just didn't tell her that his name until he was 18 months old was Andre Michaux. A fact that doesn't change a thing about the person he is. It's a name. A name that even Vaughn doesn't remember cause he was too young. Vaughn never lied to Sydney about himself. And we're not talking about Syd and Vaughn's love. The fact the Vaughn lies or doesn't lie to Syd has nothing to do with Syd's love for Will.

Umm actually, he did lie, Or did you miss out on the whole "My daddy work for on some weird project and there have been people after us ever since" storyline???

well, it seems you know more than everyone, so I think you should use spoiler tags. We still don't know what happened. If you know keep it for yourself. If you don't, you probably should wait to talk about it

I don't know more than everyone, just go to almost any MV thread and you'll see that they all think he's alive (which dun dun dun he is, wow I must be psychic), and most of us (those of us that actually watch and pay attention to the goings on in the ALIAS world know no one really dies, especially if we don't see the corpse and sometimes even if we have a dead body ie: Irina+Bullet to head)

Vaughn faked his own death huh? I guess I missed that episode . . . I wonder where the writers got their info for tonight's episode?

Um Linds, now I'd love to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you live in another country where ALIAS hasn't repremiered yet, but you live in UTAH, USA so ummm yes you did miss that episode. It was on last night. So you may not be a spoiler but please at least try and stay caught up on current events if you are goin to argue about such things. Thanks :smiley:

Um Linds, now I'd love to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you live in another country where ALIAS hasn't repremiered yet, but you live in UTAH, USA so ummm yes you did miss that episode. It was on last night. So you may not be a spoiler but please at least try and stay caught up on current events if you are goin to argue about such things. Thanks
First of all, I did see Wednesday's episode (like I would miss it), thanks, I am current, and I'm pretty sure I have my information straight. Perhaps you missed the sarcasm in my comment, and it is entirely possible that I misinterpreted your comment. Allow me to explain myself.

It seems to me the comment you made about Vaughn faking his own death and leaving his wife and unborn child to take the wrath of the people that wanted him dead, may have been a little off. I'll give you that Vaughn's death was faked, but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning that HE faked his death on his own, without any help from other sources like oh, say Jack or even Sydney. I'd be willing to bet that it wasn't even his idea to leave in the first place.

Now I don't know how you interpreted the whole "Dad . . ." "I'll take care of it . . . " big smile from Syd, cue the monks or whoever they were . . . "you have a daughter . . ." thing. I took it to mean that Sydney is well aware that Vaughn is alive. I will be stating my opinon here: she may even be okay with what went on and view it as the best possible move, given the whole situation. And the last time I checked (Wednesday) Sydney's not one to sit back and let others take care of things.

My short, sarcastic comment was simply meant to make light of the fact that 1. you made this comment before alias returned and 2. your assumption about Vaughn not being husband material because he faked his own death and left his family to fend off the bad guys might not be the greatest agument to make seeing as it appears there is more to the story that we as fans don't know yet. Just a thought. :smiley:

If Vaughn hadn't left, Sydney and the baby would be in much greater danger than they are now.

I'd guess it was Jack's idea to fake Vaughn's death.

Um Linds, now I'd love to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you live in another country where ALIAS hasn't repremiered yet, but you live in UTAH, USA so ummm yes you did miss that episode. It was on last night. So you may not be a spoiler but please at least try and stay caught up on current events if you are goin to argue about such things. Thanks :smiley:
hey you dont even know if vaughn faked his own death yet............wo we see he at the end of materal instinct ....we dont know what that could mean......i just saying think before you writte because you seem mean and the fourm is ment to be fun :D :D :D lighten up............ :D

I love how the 'is Will Syd's true love' thread has turned into the 'why Vaughn is or is not Syd's true love and here are my theories' thread. Kinda funny. :D

I love how the 'is Will Syd's true love' thread has turned into the 'why Vaughn is or is not Syd's true love and here are my theories' thread. Kinda funny. :D

Yeah but to ask the question "Is Will Syd's true love?" is the same thing as to say "Isn't Vaughn Syd's true love?"

I have just found this thread and have been reading all your comments. I think Sydney truely loves Will she is after all cutting short her maternity leave to go and help him, but i have never believed that Will and Syd are soulmates Syd has never really showed any real romantic attration to Will yes they slept together but that was after quite a lot of alcohol and if i can rememeber correctly she had just explained to Will that she was still in love with Vaughn. Vaughn is her soul mate she said so herself when talking to Barnett after their neardeath experience.

Back