Politics Israel and the Middle East

What would you do, if you could talk to the leaders of Israel, Palestine, and the rest of the world?

• I would convince them that Israel deserves all the territory. Read the Torah...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palestine. They are the ones that have the power and are growing in size much more quickly and shoul

• The UN should divide it up between the two.

• I would let them fight it out. The stronger one (which ever that is) will win in the end anyway.

• I wouldn't change anything. Negociations as they are right now are working just fine. Why do we need

• No opinion.

• None of the above.

• Total voters

GO Syd

Cadet
welcome to a thread to discuss the middle east and its politics, please do not be a bigot, and please keep an open mind, and no anti semetic stuff!!!

First off: there was another suicide bombing today
who here still thinks palestinians are helpless? they use bombs to kill our citizens regularly, their leader has known connections to hamas, islamic jihad, al aqsa matyers brigade, hezbollah, etc. and y is it that they want israel? it does not mention yerushalim a single time in the koran, the other arab nations have so much more money and land than israel, than y cant they go there? u know y cuz they dont want them either!! jordan even killed thousands of them once!!!

more to come soon please respond without mudslinging

SOME BASIC FACTS

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Statistics Speak for Themselves</span>

Jerusalem Media & Communications Center, run by Ghassan Khatib (of the PA) as published in Ha'aretz, June 27) and the Canadian Jewish News (July 5, 2001)

Support for the intifada
79% of Palestinians support the intifadah
Almost 69% support homicide bombings against Israelis (26% in March 1999)

Goals of the intifada

45.6% said intifada is about ending "Israeli occupation" and establishing a Palestinian state based on UN Security Council Resolution 242.
41.2% said the goal of the intifada's goal was the "total liberation of Palestinian land" - meaning Israel's destruction.
9.2% consider the uprising aim to be a tactic for improving negotiation conditions

Settlements

67.1% rejected ending the uprising in return for "ending Jewish settlement"
25.1% approved

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>
A list of truths</span>

1. Nationhood and Jerusalem - Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E., two thousand years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E. the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. Arabs have only had control of Israel twice - from 634 until the Crusader invasion in June 1099, and from 1292 until the year 1517 when they were dispelled by the Turks in their conquest.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran. There are vague references to Jerusalem in the Hadiths - stories about Mohammed - that he stopped his night journey at ''the edge'' - at the edge of the Temple mount.
7. King David established the city of Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Some Muslims (i.e. those between Israel and Saudi Arabia) pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees - In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.
13. The Arab - Israeli Conflict - The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The P.L.O.'s Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them with weapons.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The U.N. Record on Israel and the Arabs - Of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.
18. The U.N was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.

Things that make you go hmmm - maps of the Middle East.
to see a area map click here

The first problem: When Arabs describe Palestine, they talk about only what is now Israel. Historical Palestine included what is now Israel (17.8%), the West Bank, Gaza (5.3% together) and Jordan (76.9%). For more about the great Palestine lie, go to Peace for Palestine and Masada 2000.

The first two are maps of the entire Middle East. Israel makes up 0.15% of the entire Middle East land mass. Yes, if there was 200 units of land in the Middle East, Israel would have ONE of them. I believe that of all these countries, Israel only has warm peace with Turkey (as opposed to the cold peace with Egypt and Jordan).

all of this is courtesy of http://www.middleeastfacts.com/

how am i being a bigot
i have nothing against the general palestinian population
just the ones that are terrorists and the ones that support terror

GO Syd said:
how am i being a bigot
i have nothing against the general palestinian population
just the ones that are terrorists and the ones that support terror
Go Syd:

I am with you. Ps. 132:13. "For the Lord has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His habitation: This is My resting place forever; Here I will dwell, for I have desired it."

Continuing to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Cudgel

thank you

where does it say that? psalm 123:13? or is this in the christian part-because the real part of the bible it only has four verses in tehilim 123

and we prepare for yet another year of terror from the palestinians and israel retaliating

btw did ne1 hear that arafat had a heart attack
and it sux that abbu abbas (aka abu mazan, mahmoud abbas) retired there went our hopes for peace
and that the other pm guy retired, its all bc of arafat

this is an undeclared war going on between the two sides. You have Palestine vs Israel. The Palestians use rocks and guns while Israel uses an organized army. Is that fair at all? Is it fair for the Israeli military to swoop into villages, destroy many homes, and leave many dead and homeless?

first of all the palestinians have more sophistacated weapons than u think thanx to so damn insane (saddam) second, israel puts all their priority into anti terror and not harming or killing civilians. remeber the last strike that happened a few days ago? the palestinians claim over 10 civilians were killed, satalite infared photos show there was nobody in a nearby radius at the time

did you watch the news today? They showed NEW overhead photos that showed civilians running and getting hit by the missiles. Israel admitted today that they miscalculated and in fact killed civilians as well as their target.

SecretAgentMan said:
this is an undeclared war going on between the two sides. You have Palestine vs Israel. The Palestians use rocks and guns while Israel uses an organized army. Is that fair at all? Is it fair for the Israeli military to swoop into villages, destroy many homes, and leave many dead and homeless?
no, it's not fair and it's sickening. all these people are dying. then they target innocent people to attack who've nothing to do with the war. i wish it could stop. all the hate, racism, and pain in the world will end up being the death of me. -_-

who targets innocent people? and most likely unless u live in the region it will not be the death

if u think its unfair for palestinians than you are naive

i don't think there will ever be peace in the region until Palestine is recognized as a sovereign state. that is the first step to securing peace. and, i'm not on one side or the other. i think there are Israeli as well as Palestinian terrorists. it just so happens that the Israeli terrorists are known as the army. but, when innocent civilians are killed or forced from their homes, that is terrorism.

GO Syd, i was reading back over your first post and you talked about how the U.N. was silent when... well, the UN has repeatedly tried to negotiate peace and was behind the Road Map to peace plan. However, the Israelis have ignored UN resolutions calling for Israel to pull out of the West Bank and the Gaza strip, areas rightfully belonging to the Palestinians. Israel can not expect UN protection when it has ignored UN mandates over and over again.

Also, even if the Koran does not mention Jerusalem, Palestinians lived there for hundreds of years. Shouldn't that count for something?

OK waht about when Israel sends missles into apartment buildings killing children? Is that right in your mind? I hate thinking about this problem it is so sad. Humans are jsut killing other humans. Each one getting revenge on another. When will this stop.

I think both muslims and jews can live together peacefully. I know they can. TOronto has a large community of both and we all work together in harmony.

SecretAgentMan said:
did you watch the news today? They showed NEW overhead photos that showed civilians running and getting hit by the missiles. Israel admitted today that they miscalculated and in fact killed civilians as well as their target.
you obviously didn't read this post Go Syd because you had no answer for it.

GO Syd said:
who targets innocent people? and most likely unless u live in the region it will not be the death

how dare you call me naive. or anyone. we have our right to voice our opinions. read the forum rules and you'd understand that.

Bradhadair said:
GO Syd said:

how dare you call me naive. or anyone. we have our right to voice our opinions. read the forum rules and you'd understand that.
he has his mind set on who he supports. He thinks all of his beliefs are the right and moral ones. Thats not the case, GO Syd

Exactly. Both sides target civilians, Israel bombs apartment buildings. terrorists bomb Israel. Innocent die. That's the way war is.

Go syd is very biased and is unwilling to switch sides, Jaimie is right in the fact you cannot call someone with a different opinion than yours naive.

I don't understand why its like this, maybe they should make Israel and Palestine one country or make Jerusalem the capital for both. I think that would be fair to both sides. Palestine is greatly prejudiced against in the US media, and the US government favours Israel over Palestine. There will never be peace in that area of the world, as long as both sides remain as arrogant as they have been.

Back