Politics Israel and the Middle East

What would you do, if you could talk to the leaders of Israel, Palestine, and the rest of the world?

• I would convince them that Israel deserves all the territory. Read the Torah...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palestine. They are the ones that have the power and are growing in size much more quickly and shoul

• The UN should divide it up between the two.

• I would let them fight it out. The stronger one (which ever that is) will win in the end anyway.

• I wouldn't change anything. Negociations as they are right now are working just fine. Why do we need

• No opinion.

• None of the above.

• Total voters
Oh, by no means do I think that the UN can really have any influence at this point in a two state solution...especially if they continue passively passing resolutions that dont lead to any action (kinda like my last relationship lol)...however, i think if people start to accept a one state solution, then SOMEONE whos at least semi neutral needs to do SOMETHING. and until someone suggests something better, i delegate that to the UN.

i'm going to hebrew camp in NINE DAYS!
WOOOOO!
i'm SO excited.

we're trying to start a Youth Group/Jewish Youth Movement topic...so gather up all your AA Jew friends!!

yea itll be my first year :smiley: our youth group has this shirt and on the front it says "Is that kosher?!" and on the back it has the doughboy holding a steak and it says "Who cares? It's TASTY!" and yea.. coolest. shirts. ever.

lol- i'm PVP (Programming Vice Prez) of my youth group, and the Natl PVP network has shirts that say, "WE LOVE OUR PVPNESS" (say it out loud a few times.)
NFTY GER (New Jersey) has some hilarious shirts involving Goldbond, and some other region has a shirt that says "I'm chai on Judaism" on the front, and "It should be illegal to roll something this good" with a pic of the torah on the back.
they amuse me.
Spirit- what region are you from? Do you go to a URJ Camp?

i was also PVP!!!! of my USY chap but now im nothing...too much work!
we just made a new NERUSY shirt but i forget what it says...i like the chai on judaism one!!

new chap elections are next friday though...im hoping my bff gets chap prez!

Sarah W said:
i'm going to hebrew camp in NINE DAYS!
WOOOOO!
i'm SO excited.

we're trying to start a Youth Group/Jewish Youth Movement topic...so gather up all your AA Jew friends!!
yah i go to ramah in...15 days!

doing my best...what do we have now, 4?

thats awesome. so you guys have chapters? we have regions. PVP is a lot of work, I wanted President or Religious and Cultural, but there was a senior running for president, and the youth group would fall apart if i wasnt PVP...so i find myself doing all the work again.

there are different regions of usy...like, im in the new engladn region. and then within each region there are chapters. so yah, im just for my chapter...too much work to be on regional bored!!!

Sarah W said:
yeah. I think it's still at 4.
great. lol
yah well, in the religion poll there were a total of 8 jews, one of whom said she did not really believe in a lot of judaism anyway. so really theres only apparently 3 other people who could even be involved in these groups :blink: oh well.

im in north cali and im not exactly sure where the camp is i think its uhm newman... i always slept on the drive :P my friend's older brother randall was the pvp.. my dad's at the URJ board meeting now...

hey did/do you guys have 'comunity highschools'? example

yah! ive heard about yachad!!! we do, but i went to a jewish day school, Schechter. now i go to private/prep school so i go to a hebrew school, kinda like a program like yachad, but i think its much bigger.

youve heard of it? really? arnt you like way far away though? wow.. yea we have a day school called shalom school but it only goes up to 6th grade..

oh and this is the coolest smilie ever!! :woot:

Spirit said:
youve heard of it? really? arnt you like way far away though? wow.. yea we have a day school called shalom school but it only goes up to 6th grade..

oh and this is the coolest smilie ever!! :woot:
yah i have some friends fro, cali...PLUS i think theres a program in cleveland or just somewhere in ohio also called yachad...so maybe that where ive heard it.

Well I do think all this is b/c of the jews (I don't hate them. I'm not a person who hates people because of their religions, sex, color of their skins, etc. I just see the facts) they just took territory to the Palestinians, on the pretext of ww2. And of course they asked the land where is Jerusalem. :rolleyes:
Now they're building a wall, longer and higher than the Iron Curtain, and they're again taking some lands b/c of it. It won't solve the pb.
Maybe the UN should just make a decision, and no one should contest it.
Now that the Israelis are there, where could they go ?! But they have to stop with this wall, and wanting some more territories.
And please Sharon has to leave, :wtf: is this guy, he said on tv, french jews has to leave to Israel, but jews are not hated in France, and I don't think they're hated somewhere on earth.
And more and more ppl move in Israel, as if now it's the only territory that can welcome jews, but that's not true. -_-

No matter who the disputed land is officially declared to, the ongoing fight between Israel and the Palestines will not end. And you can NOT explain the Torah or negotiate with people who are willing to blow themselves up for their country.

Back