It All Starts

Okay this is it for tonight. I'm falling asleep at the keys. You know they say never type while your tired - they're right! Hope it makes sense to you. :rolleyes:

“I really think that it is for the best.” Jack Bristow lied to his daughter. “You need a change of scenery. We need someone to watch for activity on this island. You two go and have a mini vacation. Think of it as a time to stop and catch your breath. There is no op-tech because this is a mission of surveillance. It will be good for you, for both of you.”

“I don’t know Dad. I think I would rather stay here.”

“Ya, Jack this just sounds strange. Why would we be going on a vacation together anyway? We aren’t dating, her boyfriend is my best friend, and Sydney just died.” Vaughn said agitated at Jack for even suggesting that they go and have a relaxing vacation.

“You take my meaning wrong Agent Vaughn. You and my daughter will be going on this mission. Agent Weiss is out of the country on his own reconnaissance mission. The two of you used to partner up before Sydney came to work here so it only makes sense to pair you back up. I even have two letters here from Dr. Barnet saying that some light duty work away from the familiar places which would stir up images and thoughts of Sydney would be best for the two of you.” Jack said as he handed the letters to Samantha and Vaughn.

“You spoke with Barnet about us?” Vaughn asked stupefied. “And she actually answered you?”

“Yes I spoke to her Agent Vaughn, as your supervisor. I needed to know what kind of work capacity she felt you were both capable of. I asked the same questions of Marshall, and Weiss. It is important not to over tax you at this time. Everyone has agreed that they two of you should go and complete this mission. I only thought that I should mention to my daughter, whom you were standing next to that this could be a good time to start the slow process of healing.” Jack said indignantly as possible to shut Vaughn up. He was too good for his own safety. Jack needed this to go smoothly.

“Well then I guess we are going then Dad. When are we leaving?” She asked non-enthusiastically.
“You should both meet me at the airport in four hours. You will be traveling as yourselves. You are two friends who are grieving the loss of a loved one and who are heading away for a retreat. Dixon and I believe that sticking close to the truth will help us on this one.”

“Okay four hours it is.” Samantha said and she and Vaughn went to their desks to get ready to leave.

“Dixon, do you have a moment?” Jack Bristow asked as he stepped into Dixon’s office.

“Sure Jack. What do you need?” Dixon asked as he stood up and walked toward Jack.

Jack closed the door and said, “It’s about Vaughn and Samantha. They just came and talked to me, they thought I would understand it the best – not that you wouldn’t….” Jack paused for affect. He knew he had to sell this just right other wise it would blow up in his face and then Irina would not be so protective of Sydney.

“Be all means what is it Jack?” Dixon asked sitting down looking concerned.

“Well they wanted to know if there was any way that they could have some time off. There were thinking of going away somewhere. They wanted to be able to deal a little more head on with Sydney’s death. I told them that you would understand and let them go already. They said they were going to some island for a scene change and that they would be in touch soon.” Jack said slowly – hoping, trusting the Dixon would believe him.

“Of course they can have the time off. I almost begged them both to take the time off but they were adamant that they stay working. I’m glad that they acquiesced. Talking with Barnet must have actually helped them.” Dixon smiled genuinely relieved that Vaughn and Sam were going to be out of the office for a while. They needed the time to deal. They all did.

“Dixon I don’t know how to thank you. I will let Samantha know when I speak to her, and I will let you know what kind of time frame they are looking at.

“That is fine with me Jack.” With that Jack Bristow left Dixon’s office and headed to his car. He had two tickets he needed to purchase before Vaughn or his daughter reached the airport. As it stood they didn't want to go but they didn't suspect anything.

Everything was going according to Irina’s plan.

syd26 said:
How can he do this. He's their father for god's sake. Awesome chapter and thanks for the PM
[post="997171"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Why does Jack do any of the things he does in the name of love? :blink: You got me. Glad you like the updates. I woke up this morning and couldn't get Syd out of my head so I'm writing about her right now. Hope to post it today.

Okay here it is Sydney and Irina meet up again. Hope you enjoy. ;)

Sydney woke up in a white room in a small bed. Her head ached and her mouth felt very dry. There was no one in the room with her. She decided she should get up and investigate her surroundings – it was at that very moment when she realized that she could not move her legs. A wave of panic swept over her.

“What the hell?” Sydney sat upright and pinched her thighs. Nothing. She dug her thumb nail into her leg and still felt nothing. As she pulled her hand away she could see the imprint of her nail in her flesh. “What is happening to me?” She yelled out loud.

The door opened after she had spoken. A head that she did not recognize looked at her and then spoke into a walkie talkie – “The patient is awake.” Then he closed the door behind him.

“Patient – I am not a patient. I was kidnapped. Someone please help me I can’t feel me legs.” Sydney stared at the door willing it to open. Just when she was about to give up it opened – in walked her mother.

“Sydney. How do you feel rested I hope.” Irina asked with a smile.

“How do I feel? Don’t insult my intelligence. Are you behind this? Why am I here? Where is here? Why did you make everyone believe that I am dead – couldn’t you just have kidnapped me? Why can’t I feel my legs?” Sydney asked all in one breathe. A tear spilled down and left a trail down her check – stopping and leaving a mark on her patient gown.

“Sydney, Sydney, you always ask too many questions. Do you really want to know the answers to all your questions, or are you asking because you think you should my love?” Irina asked as she stood over her daughter.

“Don’t call me that, you aren’t even capable of love. If this is one of your ways of expressing love than I don’t want any part of it.” Sydney fumed. She turned her head to the side and away, she didn’t want her mother to see the tears that were falling more freely. She was scares, tired, in pain. She missed her sister, friends, and Vaughn. God Vaughn – she couldn’t get the image of him collapsing at her service on the beach. It still made the breathe catch in her chest. How many days ago had that been? Do they all really believe that I am dead? ‘I’m alive – come and find me’ she screamed in her head. She was praying he could hear her that anyone would find her.

“Sydney,” Irina said as she turned Sydney’s head slowly to face her. “I will answer your questions but I do not believe that they will give you much solace. There are things going on around you that you have fought very hard to stay uninformed about.”

“I want answers. I deserve them.” Sydney said defiantly.

“If answers are what you seek so desperately than I will answer as much as I can.” With that Irina wiped Sydney’s tears off of her checks – a gesture that Sydney did not deny her. No matter how angry she was with Irina she was starved for human contact.

“I will be back in just a few moments.” Irina rose and headed to the door.

“Where are you going?” Sydney asked.

“I am going to call your father and tell him that you are okay. Then I am going to bring in a chair and answer all you questions.”

“You are going to tell my father that I am alive? “ He will tell Samantha, and she will tell Vaughn then they will come find me. Thoughts of rescue flooded her head.

“No. Your father always knew you were and are alive.” With that Irina let the heavy white door shut behind her.

“He couldn’t know that I am alive. I saw – I heard him at the funeral.” Slowly the different scenarios played out in her head. The sad thing was that she could not convince herself that her father was not capable of doing this to her. Whether is was with her mother or because of her mother she could not rule Jack Bristow out as a conspirator in her kidnap.

Sydney sunk down in the bed turned her face into the pillow and started to cry.

“Vaughn how will you ever find me here, wherever here is?” Sydney wrapped her arms around her and willed herself to believe that she was in Michael's strong, warm embrace.

What do you think?

I don't think I will be able to post more story today. I'm headed out for the afternoon and won't be back till late. Look for more on Wed. Hope you all have a good day, and let me know what you think of the new updates. :smiley:

oooRevesDouxooo said:
Wow... those were all really great updates... Irina is really startin to freak me out a little bit... lol... thanks for the PM

((Sweet Dreams))
[post="997921"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm glad that you are enjoying the story. Irina will get even more interesting - wait till you find out what she and Sloane have cooked up for Syd. It's twisted, but fits their agenda, which right now is seperating Syd from everyone she loves.

Hope to have more up tomorow.
;)

So here is the update I said I would do today. I am hoping that I will have some more time today and I will be able to knock off at least one more chapter!

“Everything has been taken care of. Here are your tickets. You will be traveling to the Canary Island – specifically the island named Heirro. It is the smallest of the islands and a “hide-away” vacation spot. We have intel that Sark has set up some sort of operation on the island. Your job will be to watch Sark – track his movements around the island and get the gist of what kind of operation is there. Of course, we do not believe Sark to be working by himself so that is why your job is to gather more intel. That way we can formulate a plan to stop whatever is going on, on that island.” Jack Bristow briefed his daughter and Vaughn.

They were in the airport, near the gate. He had booked and purchased the tickets to Hierro. Irina said she would have the reservations, equipment and vehicles taken care of. They needed to believe that they were on a mission. Jack knew that Sark would be on hand to lead them on a goose chase around the island until Irina and Sloane were ready for them. He felt like he was leading his daughter like a lamb to slaughter. She was so trusting of him – always had been. Jack knew that the next time he saw her she would be different. There would be the starting of the distance and distrust that Sydney had with all his motives now. Although this made Jack sad, and fuelled his hatred of Irina, he had no choice. Jack Bristow was doing what he always did – protecting his daughters at all costs.

“Okay Jack. How are we going to contact you if we won’t be on COMM link?” Vaughn asked.

“There will be equipment in your room. One such piece of equipment will be a throwaway cell phone. It will have one number programmed into it – another throwaway – mine here. No one will be tracking the numbers because they are listed to two elementary teachers in Utah. They will be clean. If something happens and you need extraction call me. Other than that scenario, you both will wait for my call. Have the cell on you always. I will call sporadically to find out what you know, and to tell you when you will be heading home.” Jack said all of this to Vaughn but was watching his daughter as he said it.

Samantha Bristow seemed beat to him. She did not smile, and did not try to make eye contact with either of the men next to her. Jack knew that everything with Sydney was weighing heavily on her heart. It was how he had managed to get Barnet to help him assign her and Michael Vaughn to a light duty assignment.

“Samantha are you set to go? Your flight leaves in twenty minutes.” Jack asked.

Sam looked up at her father and only nodded. “I’m just tired. It has been a long few days.” She looked away.

Vaughn noticed Jack’s look of concern. “I’ll watch her.” He said to Jack in a quite tone.

“Thank you.” Jack mouthed back. Both knew her well and knew she would not appreciate being “taken care of” as it were.

“Well if everything is set then I will leave you two here. I have to get back to the office. I will check and make sure that everything is set up on Heirro for you. I will see you when you get back.” Jack shook Vaughn’s hand and hugged Samantha.

“I love you.” Jack whispered into her ear.

“I know daddy.” She said back.

Jack went to break the embrace but Sam held onto him. She wanted to breathe everything out of him. She was afraid she might not see him again. There was something about this whole mission that had her feeling strange. She didn’t want to say anything because she wanted to make her father proud and she didn’t want to alarm Vaughn, or seem weak – but there was something about this. She felt as if things were never going to be the same. She chalked it all up to Sydney’s death just days before, and made a mental note that perhaps Barnet was right. She would have to go and see her when she and Vaughn came back, and with that, she let go of her father and kissed him on the check.

“Are you ready Michael? She asked turning to him.

“Whenever you are.” He said smiling a half-genuine smile.

“I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.” She and Vaughn picked up their bags and headed to the counter. Vaughn handed both their tickets to the agent and their passports. Sam didn’t remember giving her passport to him. She didn’t remember a lot of the past few days though. She turned back around one last time. She saw her father standing farther away but waiting for them to get on board. He smiled at her. She waved at him and blew him a kiss like she did when she was a child. Then she turned around at the touch of Michael’s hand. He was holding her hand giving it a tug so she would follow him, and she did.

Jack Bristow stood in the terminal of the airport waiting for the phone call he knew was coming. Seven minutes later it did.

“I trust you managed to get them onto the plane.” Irina said.

“Yes. I am watching it taxi away as we speak.” Jack said.

“Don’t sound so morose Jack. I will take very good care of them. I am going to give them the ultimate present.” Irina said. Things were going right the way she wanted them to.

“I hardly think they will think what you are planning is a present for them.” Jack said as he started to move out of the terminal heading back for his car. “And I do not plan on getting any thank you cards for my involvement.”

“Oh Jack stop it. It will only take a few months and then they will turn around. I do not have time to make you feel better about your decisions. You know you did the right thing given your options. I have to go and talk to Sydney now. She is asking questions and I thought I should answer a few before the doctors come and give her the sedatives for the procedure. That way she will have a few things to mull over while she is sleeping. Good bye Jack.” With that Irina hung up the phone placed it in her pocket and grabbed the chair while one of her men opened up the door.

“I told you I would be back Sydney.”

At the same time as Irina was getting settled in to talk to Sydney, Jack Bristow watched as the plane carrying his youngest daughter and his oldest daughter’s lover took off.

Jack placed his hand on the glass of the window and (although he was not know for his spirituality) prayed for all their safety in a world where Irina Derevko could make him send his daughter off to what he did.

As he pulled himself away from the glass and started walking away, anyone who had taken the time to look at him would have thought he had just dropped someone he loved dearly off for a long trip where he would not see them again for a long time, do to the tears on his cheeks.

They would be right.

So what do you all think? Do you like it, or should I stop and send it in another direction? I hope you like it. :smiley:

So I just wanted to update the PM list. Let me know if something is wrong - or if you're new and want to get on it. Thanks hope you still are enjoying the story! :D

oooRevesDouxooo
jughelyni
sexcivaughan14
Stargirl591
Syd26
frangipani
texasalias2004
Spy_Love
entropy
Alias Fan Gillian

That's it. Let me know what you think about the story!

:flowers:

FIRST!!!! :Punkrock:
This is great!!!!! :D
But what the hell is Irina up to???????? :confused:
Can't wait for more!!!! ;) ;)

MJ :P :angelnot:

Spy_Love said:
FIRST!!!! :Punkrock:
This is great!!!!! :D
But what the hell is Irina up to???????? :confused:
Can't wait for more!!!! ;) ;)

MJ :P :angelnot:
[post="998276"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

First, I'm so glad that you like it! :jump:

Second, I could tell you what Irina is up to, but woudn't that be less fun? :shh: Maybe if you guys would like I could put up a few more spoilers.

What do you think? Let me know, and MJ, thanks for the feed back. ;)

santosaidan said:
So I just wanted to update the PM list.  Let me know if something is wrong - or if you're new and want to get on it.  Thanks hope you still are enjoying the story!  :D

oooRevesDouxooo
jughelyni
sexcivaughan14
Stargirl591
Syd26
frangipani
texasalias2004
Spy_Love
entropy
Alias Fan Gillian
That's it.  Let me know what you think about the story!

:flowers:
[post="998269"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I Love :love: :love: :love: this story!!!!!!! Please add me to your PM list :Please:
Thanks
:syd4:

countrySyd said:
I Love :love:  :love:  :love: this story!!!!!!! Please add me to your PM list :Please:
Thanks
:syd4:
[post="998419"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm so glad that you love my story. :groupwave: Consider yourself added to the update list! :P ;) :D ^_^ :lol: :cool: :smiley:

jughelynj said:
Can't wait for what's up next
Thanks for the pm
[post="999138"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Me either. I need to sit and think about it for a bit to make sure that it makes sense. It does in my head but then some times things don't translate well from there to the computer screen! :lol: :D :lol: :D I may not be able to update before Saturday. I have classes for the next two days, plus I have fallen behind in my contracted studies. But I may not be able to help myself.

Back