It All Starts

santosaidan said:
Thanks.  As long as a lot of people don't just pop in I should be a good day to write.  :D
[post="1030265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
*Hey peole, leave Sam alone!
She needs to write an update, you understand!?
Thanks*

Muse

German Muse said:
*Hey peole, leave Sam alone!
She needs to write an update, you understand!?
Thanks*

Muse
[post="1030286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Why thank you Muse. It must have worked because I just finished a new chapter. Small but important none the less. ;)

Okay so I'm at work and I am working on my fan fiction. I like getting paid to do this! :cool: Anyway I'm not going to PM pepole until either I'm done, or it's time to go home. Either way if you wondered in here and you see story and you have no PM don't get mad, please! :smiley: Okay? Okay. ;) Hope you enjoy it if you find it!

“Just think about it. It is strange isn’t it that neither one of them has contacted anyone since they left?” Eric Weiss questioned.

“Why is it so strange? Sometimes people just need to get away Eric.” Dixon said patiently.

“Something is not right with this situation. I can just feel it. You didn’t think that it was strange that neither one came and spoke to you about taking time off, or that they aren’t answering any phone calls or pages?”

“No I don’t. Why should they? They are on leave, bereavement leave incase you forgot.”

“No I did not forget that. Trust me I know Sydney died. I don’t think that I could forget even if I wanted to.” Eric said.

He couldn’t understand why no one else could see that this was all wrong. He now understood what Vaughn had felt like all those times he had known Jack was up to something.

“Look Eric I’m not expecting to hear from them until they’re ready, and frankly I’m glad they changed their minds.” Dixon said while shuffling some papers around his desk. This conversation with Eric was getting a little tiring to him.

“What do you mean they changed their minds?” Eric asked. This was new information to him.

“What? Oh, yes, I had told both of them that I thought they should take a leave. At first, they both declined. I really thought they shouldn’t be here. Emotions in our line of work are dangerous for everyone involved, but I wasn’t going to push them. I know what it’s like.” Dixon paused remembering Diane. Her smile, her laugh, and the way her hand felt in his. He sighed. Dixon sat back and focused on Eric’s worried expression. “I knew they would come to the right conclusion and a few hours later they had. Trust me; you should be glad that they are dealing with this head on.”

“That’s just the thing Dixon they wouldn’t be dealing with this together, at least not the two of them alone anyway.” Eric said exasperatedly.

“What do you mean? Look Eric I know you’re worried because you haven’t talked to them since you came back but you don’t have to worry. It’s not as if they ran off together to get away from you. They went somewhere to deal with Syd’s passing. I don’t get what has you so upset.”

“Look this is something you don’t know because no one has ever talked about it since it ended but I’m going to tell you now – then maybe you’ll understand.” Eric said sitting down across from Dixon.

“Okay. I’m listening.”

“Before Syd came to the CIA, before she met Vaughn, he was with someone else.” Eric said seriously.

“That doesn’t shock me Eric. Even I played the field back in the day.” Dixon said with a smile.

“This wasn’t the field, it was Sam.” Eric said.

Dixon sat up. “As in Bristow?” He asked.

“The very one.”

“I never knew that. Sydney never said anything to me.”

“Sydney never knew Dixon.” Eric said. He sighed. Recounting the past with Dixon was not what he wanted to be doing but if it was what it took, he would do it.

“What? Those two did not have any secrets from one another.” Dixon said disbelieving.

“Oh no, what about the fact that Syd was working for SD-6 and Sam was working for the CIA? They never talked about that. It was Sam and Michael's choice everyone else just honored it.”

“I can’t believe what I am hearing.”

“Ask Jack, he knows the whole story.”

“No I believe you, continue, please.” Dixon asked.

“The short story is that Sam and Vaughn met here and started dating around the time Syd and Danny did. Jack found out about the hit out of Danny and he and Sam had some plan to get him out of the country before it happened. All she has ever told me is it didn’t work. After that, I guess Syd hit a tail spin of sorts and so did Sam, neither one could really talk about the truth with the other and it just got out of hand. Before long, Sam was avoiding Vaughn and then she broke it off with him, just like that. She never told Vaughn the truth, about it being all connected to Syd and Danny. Then Syd started working here and you know the rest.” Eric said. He sat back and waited for it all to soak into Dixon’s mind. Hoping it would prove to Dixon that they would never go off somewhere together.

“So why didn’t Michael ever tell Sydney?”

“He knew that Sam had kept his identity hidden from Syd because she didn’t know Sam worked for the CIA and they just decided it would be best to keep it that way. Then it was too late to tell her the truth. Things seemed to keep knocking her off her feet. It was an unspoken understanding between Sam and Vaughn that it was in Syd’s best interest not to know.”

“Okay, but I still don’t see why this means they would never have gone off somewhere together. From what you’re saying it seems they have quite the history.” Dixon said. He was interupted when his phone rang. “I have to take this Eric. We can continue this later, but my opinion is that everything is fine. If you’re so worried, go and try Jack. Maybe he has heard from them.” Dixon said as he picked up his phone.

Eric stood up and headed for the door. He knew Jack would just lie to him again or deflect him. He needed answers, but he couldn’t find any answers or help here at the CIA. It was time to branch out, put his skills to the test. He kept walking past his desk, down the corridor and out the door. He put his hand up to see in the bright sunlight and headed for his car. It was time to investigate the last place he knew they had been.

Eric Weiss was going hunting.

There were days like today where she loved to just lay in her bed just feeling the warmth all around her. She just knew that it was going to be the perfect day for the picnic. Everything was bought and planned and all they had to do was relax. It was hours away before they had to even think about going.

She could hear the birds outside her window and wondered if they were as happy as she was. The only blemish was her mother’s recent escape from CIA custody but just as the unpleasant thought bubbled up in her mind, she squashed it with a thought of him. She didn’t want to think unhappy thoughts today. She actually refused to. She would just focus on him and then she knew everything would turn out okay, and it did. The thought of her mother seeped back down into her unconscious and she was left smiling.

She snuggled deeper into the warmth around her and felt that she would just float away on a cloud on happiness. Or maybe she was the cloud she felt so light. She was in love, her sister was falling in love, and so were Will and Francie. They all deserved it she thought with a smile. Suddenly she started singing with the Beatles in her head “All You Need Is Love”. How funny she thought that something so cliché was true. I never really believed that song until now. What a perfect song.

Mmm, him she thought. All I need is him. Sydney loved the thought of him, the smell of him, the touch of him, the way she fit into all of his curves, the way he molded himself to her as they slept. She felt so protected, so loved. So free.

She loved the freedom to just lay there with him like this, safe, warm, holding hands. Sydney squeezed Vaughn’s hand and felt him squeeze back. She was glad to know that he was there. She thought about his hands and how strong they were, how weathered, but how she didn’t mind the scratchiness of it against her smoother skin. She moved her fingers around next to his and stopped for a moment. There wasn’t the now familiar feeling of his coarse skin against hers but softer skin. Sydney started to focus on the hand and started to realize that it was more slender than Vaughn’s – still strong, but in a different way. Alarmed, and not understanding who was next to her Sydney started to force herself out of her reverie.

“What is the last thing you remember before going to sleep last night?” Sydney asked herself.

“Vaughn and I were talking in bed like we always do.” She said back trying to stay calm.

“Well that doesn’t explain why that isn’t his hand we’re holding.” Her mind shot back.

“There has to be a reason, an explanation.” She said. “I just need to think. Something must have happened between then and now.”

“Obviously. Come on Sydney. You mean to tell me you’re a real spy and you can’t even figure this one out?” Her mind asked.

Then there was quiet. Sydney thought she had heard someone call her name. She felt her hand being squeezed again. There was definitely someone out there, but who? She focused listening for any sound now.

“Sydney. Wake up my love. You need to wake up. You can’t sleep the day away.”

“I know that voice.” Sydney thought to herself. “That’s my mother. But that can’t be. She escaped; she’s not even in the country anymore according to our Intel. I must be dreaming her up.”

Sydney was about to squash Irina again from her thoughts when it all came rushing back up to the surface – hot and fresh like it had just happened. The thoughts went screaming past her as if she was on a roller coaster and she remembered Francie, Sark, realizing everyone thinking she was dead - her mother.

Sydney realized that she was still being held by her mother and that what she had thought had been reality had been her mind playing her a memory of a distant morning waking up next to Vaughn. That day had already come and gone.

She remembered the picnic and the rain that had started falling while they had been eating. She remembered everyone running for their cars except Sam and Will. They had stayed there eating as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Eventually everyone, even Vaughn in his leather coat had come back out and they finished their picnic in the rain. Eating, laughing, they had even played Frisbee. Of course, they all caught colds, but it was worth it. She remembered never being as happy in her life as she was that day. It had been worth all the cough medicine in the world to have lived that one day.

But that day had been lived, and now she didn’t know if Will was dead or alive, and she knew that everyone thought she was dead. She was all alone in the world. The understanding sunk in on her like the ocean crashing over rocks. It was inevitable. She was going to have to open her eyes. She was going to have to play their game, it was the only way she was going to get away from her mother and back to her reality.

Sydney gave herself ten more seconds to think about Vaughn and all her sadness. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

“Good morning Sydney. Or should I say afternoon?” Irina said with a smile as Sydney opened her eyes.

“What happened to Will?” Sydney asked. She might have to play their game but they were going to have to give her some incentives.

“This is good. It shows there were no complications with the drugs.” Irina said over Sydney. “Does it not?”

Sydney turned her head and saw a doctor in a white lab coat and machines next to her.
“Yes it does. I am sure everything is fine. In just a few hours I will have the results after testing this.” The man said as he placed a large tube of blood into a kit and closed it up.

“I want to be informed the minute you know.”

“You will be the first.” The man said as he exited the room.

“Was that mine?” Sydney asked.

“Yes it was. We need to check it. I want to make sure you are healthy after everything that has happened.”

“You mean everything you’ve done.”

“Sydney this is for your own good. I promise you.” Irina said squeezing Sydney’s hand once more.

“Don’t.” Sydney replied pulling her hand away. “Tell me about Will.” Sydney demanded.

“After. I promised I would answer your questions and tell you the truth, and I will. You need to eat first though.” Irina said standing. “I’ll come back after you have eaten and changed. Feel free to move around as you wish. This is your space.” Irina said as she walked out the door.

“None of this is mine.” Sydney said as the door closed her in again.

“We should know very soon Arvin.”

“I trust you Irina, but none of this is written. How are you so sure that it is the answer to our problem?” Sloane asked Irina. They were sitting in his make shift office talking over the details of the past two days.

“He could not tell us everything. Part of the path is to believe and have faith in the word. You know that better than anyone else I know. There is a clear path, but along it, we have to make choices, sacrifices. If this were any easy and clear path, everyone would be on it. Instead only those worthy of it traverse its highs and lows.” Irina said. She had calmness about her as always. She pulled her legs up into the chair with her and stared at Sloane.

“I can not read you when you get like this Irina. I don’t question the path or the work it is Sydney that I question. She is willful. I can not see how this will make her more docile.” He stated simply and took a drink of his tea.

“It will. The combination will be such that she will have no recourse but to travel the path set in front of her.” Irina looked out the window. The conversation was boring her; she only desired the confirmation of what she knew instinctively had been a success.

“Men often times brush to broad a picture and do not see the importance of the details of a picture or plan” She thought.

“Arvin – this move affects more than just Sydney. It is leverage with Samantha and Michael Vaughn. They would never relent if it were not this way. In this one move we control Jack, Samantha, Agent Vaughn, and lead Sydney in the direction we need her to move.” Irina stated.

“Yes, I understand the importance of the move and the control.” Sloane stopped and thought. “I believe my problem is that this will take months.”

“It would take years any other way. You have said yourself how stubborn and willful Sydney is.”

“Yes she is like you.” Sloane said with a smile.

“Thank you for the compliment.” Irina said.

“I only wish there were away this would not have to take as long.”

“Men are impatient as well.” Irina reminded herself.

“There is no other way with a definite outcome. Soon Sydney will see life going on without her, and hear the truths that have been kept from her. That coupled with our gift; well she will have no choice. She will want to move in the new direction we show her.”
“I suppose she would.” Sloane acquiesced.

“The others? How are they?” Irina asked.

“I am about to check on them. Sark had them moved last night while the drugs were still in effect. I’m sure they will be waking up soon. I thought some food would be a nice gesture.” Sloane smiled at Irina. He was enjoying his part. More than he would Irina’s.

“Good. Be careful though. Played the wrong way and you could provoke them. It is a fine line we must play with them. They must believe it is the only way.” Irina said firmly.

“I am well aware of the situation and the way it must be played out. I has already started to unfold the way we planned it to. He is angry and in shock and she fell into a softer state of shock. She even tried to explain it to him. It went exactly as you said it would.”

“I had no doubt that it would not.” Irina said. “I am going to go and check on the results. They should be done soon. Then the next phase can begin.

“Yes. I should go, as I said and check in on our others. Don’t forget to keep our friend Jack informed, you promised him you would.” Sloane chuckled at the thought of Jack Bristow in Los Angeles waiting for Irina to give him a small crumb of information about either one of his daughters.

“Don’t worry about me. Worry about yourself. It is a thin line Arvin.” Irina reminded him and slipped out the door.

Hey I'm first and beat the PM .. yay. Sorry I havent replied in such a long time... my computer is being totally retarded. Those last few chapters were great! I cant wait to see what theyre trying to get Sydney to do and how it will all play out... :D.. update soon.. thanks for the PM

((Sweet Dreams))

oooRevesDouxooo said:
Hey I'm first and beat the PM .. yay. Sorry I havent replied in such a long time... my computer is being totally retarded. Those last few chapters were great! I cant wait to see what theyre trying to get Sydney to do and how it will all play out... :D.. update soon.. thanks for the PM

((Sweet Dreams))
[post="1030373"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm glad that you liked it! Hope your computer starts to act right soon!
;)

Okay so this is it for now. I have to leave in an hour and I haven't done anything I was supposed to! (I did it for you Ashley) Most of the stuff is out of the way now. The time is near! So this is the last update today probably. I'll be sending out PM's soon! Hope you all have a good Saturday! :bye:

“Vaughn. Vaughn? Vaughn, come on! You have to wake up.” Sam said as she surveyed their surroundings. “Not much here to work with is there?” She said to herself.

They were in a locked and dimly lit room. It seemed to be constructed of cement blocks and by the feel of them all, the walls were interior ones. Not one of them was cool like the cement floor. There was one light just above the metal door. There was no furniture and she had woken up on the cold floor next to Vaughn.

“Great. So I’m locked in a cement box with Vaughn and nothing to help me get out of here. This is great.” She said exasperatedly. “There’s nothing left to do but get him up I guess. Two heads is better than one.”

She moved over to where Vaughn was laying and poked at him. Nothing.

“Okay Vaughn I’m serious wake up!” She yelled at him and shook him hard from the shoulders.

“What?” He said waking up. “Uh, I feel like someone’s had a weight on my head, and my mouths all dry.” He said as he sat up and tried to focus.

“Me too. It must be from whatever combination of drugs they gave us.” Sam said. “Michael we’re in trouble. We’re in a cement room with only a crappy light and our clothes. What are we going to do? I’m sure they’ll be back soon.” She said.

“I don’t think there is anything we can do Sam. There is no way we can do anything with out making a lot of noise. We’ll just have to wait, just keep our eyes open for an opportunity.”

“Then we’ll find Sydney.” Sam said as she rested her head against the wall.

“What?” Vaughn asked her.

“Find Syd. What?” She looked at him.

“Sam that was just a ploy. Sydney is dead. “No she’s not Michael. I saw her and you saw her. She was alive.”

“That was a tape which they could have altered to look like her. Sam this is Arvin Sloane and Sark we’re talking about. Of course, they are going to use our pain about Syd and her death against us.”

“No, I know she’s alive. Besides going by your theory, they would have had to have that done ahead of time. Like they had been waiting for us. We know Sark only go to the island hours before us.”

“Yes, but he had been here before. That was the whole reason your father send us here remember? To figure out who Sark was working with, and what he was up to.” Vaughn said exasperatedly.

“Do not talk to me like a child. I always hated it when you did that. You know that.” Sam said. She looked over at Vaughn and saw him looking back at her.

“Sorry. I know. I guess old habits do die hard?” He said trying to lighten the mood.

“Okay Michael we have to at least go over this and try and figure out what is going on. Agreed?” She asked

“Agreed.” He answered nodding his head.

“Me first.” She said. “Sydney is alive. I know it. I could tell. I’ve seen her sleep hundreds of times in my life, – way more than you have – and that was her. They must have nabbed her for some reason, Rambaldi maybe. They brought her here to hold her. We must have stumbled onto something they were trying to keep hidden and now we’re stuck somewhere. We can’t even take for granted we are in the same place, or even the same island. Whatever drug or drugs they gave us were pretty powerful.” She said. She looked to him, letting him know that it was his turn now.

“Leaving the Sydney thing alone for a minute that scenario about us stumbling onto something doesn’t work Sam. Don’t you remember Sloane asking us if we knew what the Greeks and Romans’ called these islands?” He asked.

“Ya, and I said the Happy Islands.” She said as if this was a waste of time.

“Exactly and then he said, “Yes that is correct. That is the main reason we choose this location for you and Mr. Vaughn to follow Mr. Sark to.” Remember?” Vaughn asked.

“Oh my God, you’re right Michael. That means,”

“That means that we were set up. They were expecting us to show up and follow Sark like we did.” Vaughn finished for her. He looked at her, waiting for her to make the next logical leap with him.

“Someone must have given the CIA faulty information otherwise Dad would have never sent us here!” Sam said. “At least he knows we’re here. When we don’t answer his calls he’ll get suspicious and send someone to look for us.” She said.

“And what?” Vaughn asked. “They won’t find us. I’m sure Sloane has had Sark clean up any tracks we’ve left and the car is long gone.”

“Don’t worry Vaughn. My dad always comes through.” She said.

“Sam.” He paused. These were tight quarters and they needed to stay on the same wave length if they were going to get out alive. He thought about it again, but he was sure he was right.

“What?” She asked looking at him. He had stopped talking, and she could tell he was thinking something over. That face hadn’t changed.

“What if, and just let me get this all the way out. What if your father was the faulty Intel?” He asked. He looked at her and waited for the response he was familiar with whenever he questioned Jack’s motives to one of the Bristow girls.

“That makes no sense Michael.” She said.

“Why is that?” He asked.

“Because based on the theory of what’s going on here that would have to mean that my father knew that Sydney wasn’t dead, and he wouldn’t do that to me. He might do it to everyone else, but not me. There has never been a lie between me and my father since Syd went into SD-6, and he would never just give Syd over to Sloane.” She said completely convinced of her father’s innocence.

“I agree he would never hand her over to Sloane, but what if he had no choice? What if it came down to your father helping and making sure she was safe, or fighting and chance her being hurt, or killed?” He asked.

“This is ridiculous. You said you didn’t even believe she was alive Vaughn. Now all of a sudden you think my father had a hand in her kidnapping to protect her? No, no way, and I still say he would have told me. But she is alive.”

“That she is. Whether you believe it or not Mr. Vaughn.” They heard a voice say through the door. It opened up slowly and behind it were three men with guns and Sloane with two tray of food.

“I thought you might be hungry. I’m sure you didn’t eat a lot before you came to stay with us, and what kind of host would I be without offering you something to eat and drink?” Sloane asked as he set the two trays down on the concrete floor and pushed them in the door frame. “Eat up. I’ll be back in a while. Perhaps then I can answer any questions you have left.” Sloane said. He retreated from the doorway and the door closed on them.

“That should nock them out. Keep watching on the monitor, I really don’t think they’ve discovered it yet. When they pass out give it at least a good twenty minutes to kick in then move them back into the other room. Alert me once they have been moved.” Sloane said to Sark.

“It will be my pleasure.” He said with a smirk. Things were going to get interesting very soon.
“Good. I’m going to go find Irina. I believe those results should be done by now.” Sloane said and walked away heading toward the lab that had been set up.

He hoped it had worked. He didn’t want to have to extract what was needed and start all over again. It was going to be long enough as it was.

I hope you enjoyed it! I had fun writting it but boy are my fingers cramped from all that typing! :whip: But that's what happens cause Ash doesn't like being patient (lol) :whip:

Talk to you all later (You know I'm kidding Ash :whistle: right?)

:hug: to Carolyn, The Muse, and Ash for keeping me going! Time to PM!

Okay here's the updated PM list. As always let me know if something is wrong :doh: , if you want to be added :announce: or if you want off the list :depressed: .

Everyone say hi :welcome: to

aliasdancer007, and
weiss's girl

Now on to the regulars. :P

sexcivaughn14
shotput25ash
German Muse
jughelynj
supergirl14
Alias Fan Gillian
stargirl591
Syd26
frangipani
texasalias2004
Spy_Love
entropy
countrysyd
oooRevesDouxooo

That is it. I'm heading home. Talk to you all later! :chatchairs:

First:
santosaidan said:
Everyone say hi  :welcome:  to
[post="1030446"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hi there! :poke: :hi:

santosaidan said:
I had fun writting it but boy are my fingers cramped from all that typing!  :whip:
[post="1030427"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah I can see! :woot:
That must have been, let me see *counts with her fingers* 7 update in a row! :ermm: for that generous gift I´ll give you some :flowers: and :popcorn: !
PROBS to you! You are my Updating Hero :super: aka The Updating Machine :robot: !
Thanks for da double PM! :sun:
Btw did I mentioned that I love every single update? :confused:
No? :blink:
OK, I loved every single update so much, that I can´t hardly wait for more, it´s just freaking impossible! :angelic:
(Btw What the hell is the procedure, dude?) :confused:
Hey I can be impatient too! :blush:
Anyway, thanks for everyting Sam, lova ya and see ya around here!

Muse

Ok..im a liek a rush here, so Hi new peoples that are reading this fic!! WELCOME!!! i know youre going to LOVE IT!!!!!!
and Sam, yeah hi there...iim SOOOO sorry, BUT liek i said, in a rush here, cause i got TWO reports i have to get doen like NOW, and its liek ten oclock right now, so yeah..i gtg....BUT...those updates...theres kinda alot..BUT im not complaining, jsut that thats a lot to read!!!! so ill read what i can, befor emy dad goes balistic, cause im still online, and at AA when aim supposed to be researchign my report that ive known about for two months, and COMPLETELY neglected!!! and the fact that i have to type up my project on Rosa Parks auto biography!! so yeah..PLEASE forget me!!! i SWEAR ill read and review, by ten oclock tomorrow night!! AND if i dont....feel free to bite my head oof, OK?!?!? good!!!
thanks for hte pm!!!

German Muse said:
PROBS to you! You are my Updating Hero :super: aka The Updating Machine  :robot: !
[post="1030524"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thank you very much. I'm so glad that you liked what you read. ;) I sent you a PM so check your messages. Hope you have a good trip back.

Sam

sexcivaughan14 said:
great work sam! those were REALLY good
[post="1030669"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thank you, and the best part was that I was paid for the time that it took me to write it.

Have a good night Carolyn. :asleep:

shotput25ash said:
i SWEAR ill read and review, by ten oclock tomorrow night!! AND if i dont....feel free to bite my head oof, OK?!?!? good!!!
thanks for hte pm!!!
[post="1030954"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ash - chill and don't worry. Whenever you have time is cool. School is important. There will be no bites taken out of your head. I like it just the way it is! :P Catch you around the board!

Back