Horror It Came from the Desert (2017)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: It Came from the Desert

Tagline: Get ready to scream

Genre: Horror, Action, Comedy

Director: Marko Mäkilaakso

Cast: Mark Arnold, Harry Lister Smith, Vanessa Grasse, Alex Mills, Claudia Trujillo, James Alper, Callum McGowan, Aino Sirje, Michael Majalahti, Andrew Horton, Jose Varela Garcia, Jose Leonardo Garcia Torres, Ross Ellis, Greg Rowbottom, Mllie Smith, Joonas Salin, Kristina Karjalainen, Ari Savonen, Juha-Pekka Mikkola, Petri Aulin, Jukka Valtanen, Larry Wayne, L.J. Ruth, Christy Fabbri, Rob Drex, Perry Norton, Rick Shockley, Genevieve Baer

Release: 2017-10-29

Runtime: 90

Plot: New Mexico, present day. Brian and Lukas are off to the desert to join a kegger party and to celebrate Lukas’ victory in a motocross competition. His winning prize includes meeting The Deathinator, the biggest action star in the world. The party gets started under the hot desert sun, but Brian isn’t in the mood, so he wanders off and is soon joined by his friend, Lukas. They discover something strange in the desert which leads them into a secret military laboratory, where they discover the disturbing truth of what the government has been doing. Secret experiments on ants and spiders using DNA found in a meteorite which fell to Earth in 1951 has given birth to mutated giant ants which have overrun the facility. Now, it's up to Brian and Lukas to save the world from a giant ant invasion!
It Came from the Desert (2017)

'THEM' wi better sfx?
I can't get syfy channel so will be a while before I can see.
I vaguely remember 'The Black Scorpion' as one of those desert movies. really freaked me out.
anyone remember 'Giant Gila Monster'? I think Ken Curtis (Festus on Gunsmoke) was in it. weird.

I prefer any of the old glitchy black and white 50's & 60's movies over todays offerings. The special effects aren't great but I like them better than CGI any day and the MUSIC could drive you up a wall.

I prefer any of the old glitchy black and white 50's & 60's movies over todays offerings. The special effects aren't great but I like them better than CGI any day and the MUSIC could drive you up a wall.
Classics absolutely rule, new shows and films are boring, they use no content, and too preachy. I watched a movie and it seemed like a video game, 3 hrs long, 2 hrs is max for me, and I wanted my money back because it was truly lame. Hollyweird and other movie production centers need to hire some creative writers who just want to entertain nothing else. Cgi is a nice addition to have, but with no good content its truly is a waste of money....

Sc-fi Dude said:

"Hollyweird and other movie production centers need to hire some creative writers who just want to entertain nothing else."

You think like Randy. When he writes it's for pure entertainment and good clean fun. He feels that if it's not entertaining, what's the point? Sci-fi should always be entertaining.

And I agree, if it takes more than 2 hours to tell the story, you need to write a 2nd book or make a sequel.

Thanks Verna!:cool: So, like are they going to re-make about those ants? That would rock, id hope they keep in the 50's style with scientist, good strong scientific lead actors, confusion about what's going on, and an eventual solution, for petes sake don't fruit out on the film, and 2 hrs max is sufficient. than-quuuu 14-woody-allen-quotes-to-start-off-your-uhh-week.jpg