it could break their spirits

im sorry but this is just funny to me. cheers for trying to do something about deforestation though.

If you are eating at a Japanese noodle shop or restaurant and chances are you'll be eating with a pair of disposable wooden chopsticks from China. But not for long.

In a move that has cheered environmentalists but worried restaurant owners, China has slapped a 5 percent tax on the chopsticks over concerns of deforestation.

The move is hitting hard at the Japanese, who consume a tremendous 25 billion sets of wooden chopsticks a year — about 200 pairs per person. Some 97 percent of them come from China.

Chinese chopstick exporters have responded to the tax increase and a rise in other costs by slapping a 30 percent hike on chopstick prices — with a planned additional 20 percent increase pending.

The price hike has sent Japanese restaurants scrambling to find alternative sources for chopsticks, called "waribashi" in Japanese.

Try a metal fork!

No freaking joke. Maybe eastern culture finnally needs to conform to western society with metal utensils :smiley:

That is pretty freaking funny though! Good post.

Fork: Listen chopstick. This town aint big enough for the two of us. I think it's time we settle this.

Chopstick: Damn you fork. You think you so bad. Well, there's 2 of me, and only 1 of you. So tell me......Do you feel lucky...punk?

Fork: Stop kidding yourself chopstick. The only reason you're still around is because your country is too stupid to realize how dumb and annoying it is to eat with a pair of wooden sticks and how you kill trees just by making you.

Chopstick: Shutup you! We're made to be annoying so our people don't eat so damn much and become fatasses like your country!

Fork: Your people are not fatasses not because of you but because they're so poor from all the child labor and poor jobs! They'd eat more if they could because your food makes them hungry again 15 mins later! Now take you and your small penis out of here!

Chopstick: Oh no! We just got served! Aiyeeeee!!!!!

Owned... I'm such a dumbass. :rolleyes:

Back