It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eatten by an NDA.

So this is coming a tad late, as I've pretty much just finished the first segment of training, but yeah. I've got my position as a Content Writer GM in training, and they may just decide they like me enough to keep me around.

*ponders*

To be honest, even after this much time has passed, I still dunno if I fully believe it or know what to think about it. I hope to be able to sneak out as much info as possible without actually crossing any lines, but that's tricky with an NDA this tight.

Still, I hope to do my part and make things as awesome as I can!

*strikes heroic pose*

I'll need a cooler avatar....

~Dune~

Congrats! Don't push things too far just for the sake of everyone else here. It's too much risk for too little gain.

Great to hear after your long wait your making the transition to being a content writer.

And ya what Gate said no need to push it for our sake, just good to hear another person getting picked up to work on the game.

Oh ya and Congrats :smiley:2

So this is coming a tad late, as I've pretty much just finished the first segment of training, but yeah. I'm got my position as Content Writer GM.

*ponders*

To be honest, even after this much time has passed, I still dunno if I fully believe it or know what to think about it. I hope to be able to sneak out as much info as possible without actually crossing any lines, but that's tricky with an NDA this tight.

Still, I hope to do my part and make things as awesome as I can!

*strikes heroic pose*

I'll need a cooler avatar....

~Dune~

Does that really surprise you? REALLY? I mean... did you think the other GMs were... witholding info they COULD give us? And you would come along and be a savior of the community who let us all know the truth and all the info our little hearts desired?

*shrugs* I've trusted the GMs up until this point and know they are bound to a NDA. Besides, I know for a fact once the game is closer to release (and there's no way it's close yet) I'll be hearing way more.

I just think that this comes off as you believe (or believed) the GMs before you haven't been totally forthcoming with us. Trust me, I'm sure they have.

Congratulations, Dune Walker! Welcome aboard!

So... What are your feelings and observations about Hero's Journey now that you are behind the scenes and able to see the game? What was your outlook/opinion about the game before being hired vs. now that you are able to see just what progress has been made? There is obviously very little information being revealed on this side of the Iron Curtain. Perhaps your fresh insight might help bring a glimmer of hope to the starving masses. :smiley:

Cheers!

First things first, awesome new avatar, courtesy of Ian McConville, gifted webcomic artist and fellow video game content creator. I found it to be both artistically appealing and entirely appropriate for my intentions of attempted clandestine information smuggling.

Second matter of business! *grins*

Vahsyl, you misinterpreted my meaning. I don't think there's anything different between me and the other GMs in terms of being able to get info out. I do kind of hope, however, because I am stubbornly persistant in nature and because I like at least trying to find clever ways to bend rules just a tad, without actually breaking them, to at least attempt to get some extra info out. I of course must follow all the rulings and the NDA and such, and I won't honestly do anything out of line, but with my sheer blockheadedness I might be able to bug someone enough to be allowed to release cryptic messages for you all to riddle out. Nothing blatant, but I will of course try my best. Gotta count for something. *winks*

Third matter of business!

Edit: Turns out any speculation is undesirable. Sorry folks, ammended. These aren't the droids you're looking for? *grins sheepishly*

One thing I do know, though, is that there are a good number of very diverse, incredibly creative, fantastically wonderful people in just my small training group alone, and everyone who is working on this project wants it to kick arse so much you can already see the boot marks. People are pouring themselves into this, a significant number in their own spare time, and working to master the program and build the best dang game possible.

And another thing I can tell you is I'm personally going to try my best to spur meaningful discussion, drop tantalizing hints, submit countless screenies for posting review (and likely denial, but oh well!) and all around just be the best dang GM I can be for you folks.

So thanks to everyone who's been supportive, thanks to everyone being patient, heck, thanks to everyone being impatient, because it's one heck of a source of motivation to do my thing and make you guys proud.

In times of uncertainty, when cast into the sea to drift through mist and vapour under starless sky, endure! For tides wash on and winds prevail, and only those who let the deep consume them unresisted ever truly die! - Admiral Koftgari

~Dune~

Hah, I like the avatar. I've been reading Ian's comics for years, met him at a convention once also.

Good luck with the training and whatnot!

We love info, but I would rather you stay and GM and get this game out asap with the quality they are shooting for. Don't get booted on our account.

Vahsyl, you misinterpreted my meaning. I don't think there's anything different between me and the other GMs in terms of being able to get info out. I do kind of hope, however, because I am stubbornly persistant in nature and because I like at least trying to find clever ways to bend rules just a tad, without actually breaking them, to at least attempt to get some extra info out. I of course must follow all the rulings and the NDA and such, and I won't honestly do anything out of line, but with my sheer blockheadedness I might be able to bug someone enough to be allowed to release cryptic messages for you all to riddle out. Nothing blatant, but I will of course try my best. Gotta count for something. *winks*

Ah I see... well, just be careful there is all I'll say. You might alienate yourself from your fellow GMs... and the important thing to remember is you are on their team. Sure, I'd love to have someone in their pushing and prodding for info to deliver to me, but not at the cost of making the other GMs not like that person. ;)

Merely a warning of caution.

Yeah, dont do anything do piss in the Cherrioes. However, stuff like "I know it's been awhile, but something big is coming down the pipe soon" when something big is in the works would be nice.

;)

we could come up with a code... Anytime something big is happening, any post you have with any sentence with improper grammer or spelling of any words...

Then we can spellcheck your stuff and when we see a misspelled word or a semi-colon where a comma should be... we'll know... you have plausable denyability, and we have our information. It's a brilliant plan!

The more errors, the bigger the thing...

Hey guys, how was your weekenb? < new screenshots
Hey guys!; ow was you're weekem? < new full-screen videos
¿¿¿H3y... 6uy5 h0w w45,!?@ y0ur W34k3nd¿¿¿ < beta's coming out tomorrow.

we could come up with a code... Anytime something big is happening, any post you have with any sentence with improper grammer or spelling of any words...

Then we can spellcheck your stuff and when we see a misspelled word or a semi-colon where a comma should be... we'll know... you have plausable denyability, and we have our information. It's a brilliant plan!

The more errors, the bigger the thing...

Hey guys, how was your weekenb? < new screenshots
Hey guys!; ow was you're weekem? < new full-screen videos
¿¿¿H3y... 6uy5 h0w w45,!?@ y0ur W34k3nd¿¿¿ < beta's coming out tomorrow.

That's absolutely hilarious - I laughed for like 20 seconds. Brilliant plan!

"What are we doing here? We need a place that sells harpoons and nets and hammers."
"Why?"
"Well, we harpoon Charles straight through the head, drag him back to your place in the net, and then hit him with the hammer until he agrees to come back."
"Harpoon him through the head?"
"What? It's a brilliant plan."
"It'll never work, Fred..."
"Well how do you know? How many times have you tried it?"

I think I'll just talk in movie quotes from now on.

Back