It Was Destiny

‘It Was Destiny’
xMountineer02300844x

Rating: PG13
Genre: Alternate Universe, Romance, Fluff
Ship: Sydney/Vaughn
Disclaimer: I own nothing, it belongs to J.J. Abrams. However, I own the plot, my computer, & my notebook.
Summary: Sydney was married to Danny until he passed away four years ago leaving her with now sixteen year old daughter, Meredith, and thirteen year old Mary Ann. Meredith becomes friends with Michael’s sixteen year old daughter, Clarissa. When their parents meet each other, they fall for each other once again.

A/N: :eek:ldhi: Hey! Another fic! One of my recent ideas and I think I like this one out of the group of ideas so I'm posting it. Another one will come out in a couple weeks after I finish 'What It All Comes Down To.' I will send out PM's announcing updates. Ummmm...and the next update will be in two days. :smiley: Enjoy and please don't forget to R&R.

-erin :smiley:

Chapter One
Meredith Hecht was sixteen years old, had long, straight brown hair and was as tall as her mother. Today was her first day of being a junior. She had to look perfect for the first day. First impressions were everything her father said.

“Meredith! Hurry up; you’re going to be late for the first day of school!” Sydney yelled from down the stairs.

“Alright mom! Hold on a minute.”

Meredith put on the final touches of make-up and grabbed her bag and ran down the stairs. Sydney handed her a sack lunch, which she knew Meredith would throw it away, but at least it was one her attempts at being a single mom.

“Have a nice first day Meredith!” Sydney shouted out to her daughter who was now halfway down the driveway.

“Thanks mom.”

Sydney watched her first daughter leave for her junior year of high school. She wiped a tear away from her eye.

Mary Ann stepped outside in her pajamas and saw her mom wiping away a tear, “It’s okay mom, you’ve got me.”

“I know, she’s just growing up so fast.” Sydney said as she pulled Mary Ann into a hug.

Mary Ann has the shiniest light brown curly hair and her father’s eyes, “Mom are we going to go to dad’s grave next week?”

“I think so, why do you not want to go?”

“No, I do. I just don’t remember him that well.”

“You were little, don’t worry, I have plenty of videos and pictures of you and dad.”

Danny Hecht had died in a fatal car accident in downtown Santa Barbara. Sydney remembered that day more than anything else.

FLASHBACK

Sydney was cooking a spaghetti dinner, Danny’s favorite, when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it mom, I think its Brittany bringing over the homework Mary Ann missed today.” Meredith told her mom.

Meredith opened the door expecting to see Brittany, but instead it was two police officers.

“Mom…I think you need to come to the front door.”

Sydney walked out of the kitchen and towards the front hall, “Hi, how may I help you?”

“Are you Mrs. Hecht?”

“Yes. Meredith go stir the spaghetti, set the table, and check up on Mary Ann please?”

“Okay mom.” Meredith walked away.

“Daniel Hecht was on his way home from work going the speed limit. He went through a stoplight when another car, the driver was drunk, was going over the speed limit and hit Daniel’s car on the passenger’s side hard. Just before he passed away in the ambulance he said to EMS personnel to tell Meredith the truth. We are terribly sorry for your loss Mrs. Hecht.”

“Thank you,” Sydney replied sobbing uncontrollably and fell onto the cold hallway floor.

END FLASHBACK

In two hours she would have to be at the dance studio to teach various types of dance until four-twenty p.m.
-----------------------------
Bus Stop
Meredith arrived at the bus stop and saw one other girl, who had medium length brown hair and looked similar to herself.

“Hi, my name is Meredith Hecht. Are you new?”

“Yeah, my name is Clarissa Vaughn. I moved in from Napa only about three weeks ago.”

“Awesome, have you met anyone here yet?”

“My neighbors, but some are old and most are like eight year olds.”

Meredith laughed, “Come on, you can join my group of friends and I’ll show you where your classes are.”

They got on the bus and sat in the same seat and continued to talk.

“Can I see your schedule Clarissa?”

“Sure.”

Meredith took her class schedule and compared it with her own.

“We have chem., British lit, lunch, and P.E. together.”

“Great!”

Once they arrived at the high school Meredith led her to where her group met everyday before school.

“Hey guys!”

“Hey Mar.”

“This is Clarissa Vaughn. She arrived three weeks ago. She’s from Napa.”

“Cool! I’m Holly; this is Ryan, Tim, Sean, Tina, Anna, Angela, Mia, and Kate.”

“Thanks.” Clarissa said politely.

The group engaged in conversation about their summer vacations. The five minute warning bell rang. Meredith and Clarissa had British lit first.

After a long first day Meredith and Clarissa got on the bus home.

“Would you wanna come swimming at my house?” Meredith asked Clarissa.

“Sure, I’ll ask my dad if that’s alright.”

“Alright, are you allergic to dogs?”

“Nope.”

“Good, I have a little Yorkshire terrier named Dot.”

“Awwww. I had a dog when I was younger, but my mom took it when she divorced my dad.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“No big deal.”

“Just so you know before you come over, my father died in a car accident a couple years back and next week is the fifth anniversary of his death. So if my mom’s kind of depressed don’t worry about her. She’s alright.”

“Wow. I’m really sorry and I can understand why too.”

Meredith nodded.

They exchanged numbers and Clarissa promised to call her as soon as she asked her father.

As soon as Meredith got home she called her mom and told her a friend might come swimming. Sydney told her that was fine except that her friend could only come at four-forty-five.

After she hung up the phone rang again, “Hi Hecht residence.”

“Hello. Is Meredith around?”

“This is her.”

“Hey. My dad said it was okay.”

“Awesome. Come around four-forty-five.”

“See you then.”

“Bye.”

“MEREDITH!!” Mary Ann shouted from the upstairs.

“Yeah?”

“Come log off the computer. I wanna go on-line!”

“Alright. Hold on.”

Four-thirty P.M.:
Meredith and Mary Ann started vacuuming the pool and cleaning the lawn furniture. Their father taught them that first impressions were everything.

Five minutes later they heard the garage open.

“Meredith! Mary Ann!”

“Out by the pool mom.”

“Okay!”

Sydney walked out and found a sparkling pool deck, “Wow!”

“Dad told us first impressions were everything.”

“He did indeed. I’m going to go change into my swim suit.” She said with a tear in her eye.

“Okay mom.”

After finishing cleaning they ran to get their bikinis on, Meredith a brown bikini, and Mary Ann a hot pink bikini.

At approximately four-forty-five the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it!” Meredith called out.

She opened the door, “Hey! Come on in. Mom!”

“Coming,” Sydney said as she entered the front hall, “Hi Cl…come on out back.” She mentally hit herself for almost letting it slip. My how Clarissa and Meredith looked alike.

“Coming,” Sydney said as she entered the front hall, “Hi Cl…come on out back.” She mentally hit herself for almost letting it slip. My how Clarissa and Meredith looked alike.

very intresting...
could you keep on the pm list please?

I love the beginning of your story....Intriguing.

Is Meredith Michael's daughter?...Between the 'tell meredith the truth and the last line my guess is that she is. :smiley:

Can't wait to see how things are gonna go...Please PM me when you update

can i guess the legend?

syd and vaughn were married, she had twins *Mer and Clarissa* and they split up and each took one. and syd of course got the dog. then she remarried Danny and had Mary Anne... and what he wanted her to tell them was that Mer is not his.
is that right?

haha. i'm a very perceptive person.

pm please?

;ooks interesting pleaase keepmeonthe pmlist. I dont know whats going on but the little bit at the end plust the 'again' at the end of the summary, all leads me to believe that this will be good

aww that was a great start i loved it!
cant wait for more!! :D thanks for the PM and keep me on the PM list please! :smiley:
update soon

Everyone has some great speculations, but I'm not revealing anything until I update. :P

PM LIST
AliasSydney502
Carney4ever
gregstar
jadeygirl
laura_vaughn
Lovygirl
oooRevesDouxooo
Smcki10
SpyGirlAmy
Thumper
vaughnshoney