It Was For The Best - Part 2

It Was For The Best - Part 2.

Next chapter is here. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you all for reading and for the lovely comments. I really appreciate it. :smiley:

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: I don't know if I'd call them stalkers, but they do get near Jack and Irina every chance they get. Yes, Stan is a creep. He might be put in his place one day. Thank you. I'm sorry to hear that. I know where I want Katya to go, and I'm not going to change my mind. No, Katya doesn't have Alzheimers and she's not ill in any way. But there's a reason why she didn't remember the report, and that will be explained in the third and final story. You're allowed to your thoughts. :lol: I know what Irina wanted to talk to her about, but I'm not telling. Yes, there was a reason why she smiled.

Sydney Derevko Bristow: I know what's up with Katya, but I'm not saying. :lol:

TheDerevkoGirl: Yes, they really should but they can't tell them. Yes, it would make them back off. :lol: But she can't tell them that either. :lol: Yes, there's something about Katya, but I'm not telling. I don't know if Jack and Dixon have done that, but maybe.

nicewoman: Yeah, they're doing that to me too. No, she wouldn't or couldn't very well do that. But maybe she'll put him in his place one day. I know what's up with Katya, and so far she's fine. But there's a reason why she's acting the way that she is, and it has something to do with her past. I'm glad I had great timing. :lol:

Chapter 7
A few days later Jack and Irina were sitting in the living room after having tucked the triplets in bed. Irina looked up from her book and turned her head to look at Jack.

“So, what do you want for your birthday?” He looked up from his book too, and looked at her.

“You know what I want.” He wiggled his eyes at her and she rolled her eyes at him.

“Yes, I’m perfectly aware of the entertainment you want, after we’ve gone to bed.” She smiled at him. “And you know I’ll be happy to put on a show for you like I always do.” He smiled back and wiggled his eyes. She let out a laugh. “But I meant for a present. What do you want for a present for your birthday?” He moved closer to her on the couch.

“I don’t want anything. I already have everything I could ever wish for.” He started trailing kisses up and down her neck.

“Jack.” She moaned in pleasure and got distracted for a moment. “You have to come up with something. The triplets and I have to buy you something.” He continued with what he was doing and she started to run a hand through his hair.

“Just get me a tie or a shirt. I really don’t care.” She slapped him playfully on his arm with her free hand.

“You’re impossible, you know that?” He laughed against her skin.

“Yeah, I know.” He looked her in the eyes, and held up the book he was reading. “I got a really great present for Valentine’s Day, so I really don’t need anything.” She smiled and kissed him.

“But that present was just from me. You need to come up with something.”

“Well, then ties and shirts.” She rolled her eyes at him.

“Jack that’s not really special.”

“But what if that’s what I really want. I don’t have to get a big present or something special. As long as it’s something I want that should be fine.”

“You have enough ties and shirts. And you don’t really want anymore at the moment. You’re just saying that to get out of thinking of what you want. It’s not going to work, so think of something else.” He sighed.

“Sweetheart I really don’t know what I want. I haven’t got a clue.”

“Then now is a good time to think about it.” He started kissing her neck again.

“But I thought we were just about to make out.”

“No we weren’t. I’m going to read my book, and you’re going to think about what you want for a present.” He looked at her to see if she was serious, and gaped a little when she’d already started to read her book again.

“You’re actually serious.” She nodded not taking her eyes from her book. He let out a frustrated grunt. “Well then I’ll just go back to reading my book too.” She shrugged.

“Fine. But you have to think of a present sooner or later.” She grinned a little and he rolled his eyes before going back to his own book.

More than an hour later Jack sighed, and put his book down. He looked at Irina.

“I honestly don’t know what I want for my birthday. All I can come up with is a jacket. I know that’s clothes too, but I could really use a new jacket.” She put her book down and turned to him smiling.

“A jacket is not a bad gift. That’s a good choice. So what kind of jacket?” He smiled back glad that his choice of present was accepted.

“I don’t know. Just a jacket I can wear when it’s not too cold outside. But no screaming colors. I don’t want a jacket that’s yellow or orange or something like that.” She laughed.

“Okay. I’m sure we can find a nice jacket for you. And if you don’t like it, you can always return it.”

“So, you’re okay with me wanting a jacket for a present?”

“Jack, it’s your birthday. You’re allowed to wish for anything you want.” He cocked an eyebrow at her.

“Apparently I wasn’t allowed to get ties and shirts.” She threw a cushion at him and moved closer.

“Like I said, you have enough of that. And it’s something you can easily get yourself that won’t have that much meaning to you. You won’t be able to remember which white shirt you got from me and the triplets, whenever you put a white shirt on. But whenever you put a jacket on, you’ll be able to remember that you got that from me and the triplets.” He laughed a little and put an arm around her.

“Well you’ve got a point.”

“But if you’re so keen on getting ties and shirts, we can throw a couple of that in your present as well.” He kissed her and when he was about to pull away she held him in his place. When they eventually needed air she looked at him seductively. “You know if you’d come up with the jacket an hour ago, we could’ve been making out for that long.” He grinned.

“So now you want to make out?” She kissed him again.

“I wanted to make out the minute you started kissing my neck. I haven’t read a single thing since you picked up your book again.” He gaped at her.

“Then why did you make me stop?”

“Because you really had to think of a present. You always put it off to the last minute, so this year I just wanted to get an answer out of you early. But I didn’t think it would take you that long, when you were pushed into giving an answer, and not be allowed to make out.” He shook his head laughing.

“I’m going to make you regret teasing me.” She cocked an eyebrow and looked at him amused.

“Oh yeah? What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to do this.” He quickly tossed his book aside and started tickling her.

“Jack stop it. Stop. Jack stop.” She was trying to tickle him back, but she didn’t succeed, because she was laughing too hard and squirmed with his constant tickling. “I’m sorry I prevented you from making out. Please stop.” She was laughing harder and harder and after a few seconds Jack stopped. But he only stopped to give her a kiss before he continued tickling her again. “I can’t believe you. Jack stop. We could be doing more pleasurable things now.”

“It’s quite pleasurable for me to tickle you.” She laughed harder and tried to get away, but still wasn’t successful. After a little while Jack stopped and pulled her to him. “Now let’s make out.”

A couple of weeks later it was Jack’s birthday. He and Irina were setting the table for breakfast when the triplets came down carrying Jack’s presents.

“It’s time for your presents, daddy.” Jack turned and smiled, and then walked over to give them a hand. They sat the presents down on the table and then sat down themselves.

“So which present should I open first?” Caitie picked up a small one.

“This one daddy.” He smiled and took the present. He unwrapped a silver, pink, purple, green, blue, and black striped tie, and looked at it a little oddly.

“Do you like it daddy?”

“Well it’s very nice, but I don’t know if it’s really me.”

“But it will look really good with a dark gray suit and a lighter gray colored shirt.” He was still a little skeptical and looked at Irina, who was smiling.

“It really would sweetheart.” He smiled back.

“Well okay, if you say so. I trust you to have more fashion sense than I do.” They all laughed a little bit. “Thank you for the tie. I love it.”

“Now open this one daddy.” He took a larger present from Maddie and unwrapped a black, white, and gray striped shirt. He chuckled and looked at Irina.

“You said you wanted a tie and shirt.” He nodded.

“Yes, I did and I really like this one. Thank you.”

“And now this one daddy.” He took a third present and unwrapped two polo t-shirts. One dark gray and one black.

“Thank you. I needed some of these.”

“Yes, I noticed.” They smiled and Irina handed him the last present. “And now the last one.”

“I bet I know what this is.” He smiled as he unwrapped a black leather jacket. He looked a little skeptical as he took a closer look at the jacket. “A leather jacket? You really think this is me?” Irina nodded.

“Yes, we really do. It has the same shape as a jacket for a suit, so we think it’s perfect for you. Try it on.” He still looked a little skeptical, but stood up and tried it on. He then started to nod.

“It’s actually quite comfortable.” He looked up at everyone. “So, how do I look?”

“You look really nice daddy.”

“It suits you.”

“You look very handsome daddy.” Maddie looked at her mother. “Doesn’t daddy look handsome mommy?” Irina was looking at Jack, and had appreciated the way the jacket looked on him very much. She nodded and locked eyes with Jack.

“Yes, sweetheart. Daddy looks very handsome in that jacket. Very handsome indeed.” He could see the desire in her eyes and looked at her the same way. They looked at each other that way for a few seconds before they smiled softly at each other.

“I should probably take the jacket off, so I don’t spill on it.” He took it off and went around giving the triplets a kiss. “Thank you very much. I love my presents.” He walked over to Irina and gave her a kiss too. “Thank you sweetheart.” He gave her another kiss.

“You’re welcome.” They kissed one last time before sitting down to eat.

After breakfast Jack and Irina cleared the table while the triplets got ready for school. Jack wrapped his arms around Irina and kissed her cheek. “Thank you for a great birthday so far. I’m looking forward to the rest of it.” She turned in his embrace and kissed him.

“You know what I’d really love to do?” She smiled seductively and he returned the smile.

“No, tell me.”

“When we get to work, I’d really love to go into your office, lock the door, soundproof the office, put the blinds down so no one can see in, then put on a show for you, and end up having my way with you on your desk.” He stared a little wide eyed and swallowed a few times. She was about to kiss him, but then pulled away to his irritation. “But, at work I’m just an agent and you’re the director, so I can’t have my way with you there.” She was about to walk away, but he pulled her to him, and crashed his lips on hers in a passionate kiss. A few moments later they both needed air.

“We’re not at work yet, so there’s no reason not to kiss me.” He kissed her again.

“Oh, I know. But seeing you in that leather jacket was such a turn on that I thought it’d be best not to kiss you, because I wouldn’t be able to stop and keep it to just kissing, and we do have to be at work shortly director Bristow.”

“Well, agent Bristow, what about what you just told me about having your way with me on my desk in my office? I’d call that a turn on too.”

“I’d call it a promise of what’s to come later tonight.” She wiggled her eyes at him and he kissed her again. They were still kissing when the triplets came downstairs. They only looked at their parents for a split second before leaving the kitchen again, going to wait for them until they were done. A few minutes later Irina looked at her watch. “We really should get going director Bristow.” Jack gave her a quick kiss and took her by the hand.

“Certainly agent Bristow.”

When Jack and Irina arrived at APO everyone had gathered round, and the minute they got into view, everyone started singing.

“Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear Jack,
happy birthday to you.” He rolled his eyes for a second before smiling.

“Thank you all for the song.” He looked around the room smiling and nodding before everyone returned to work. Sydney and Nadia walked up to him. Nadia gave him a hug first.

“Happy birthday dad.” She gave him a kiss on the cheek, and then Sydney gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Happy birthday dad. Have you had a great day so far?” He smiled at them.

“Thank you, and yes, my day has been great so far.” Dixon walked up to Jack and smiled at him.

“Not to interrupt your celebration, but we have to make a call to Washington in two minutes.” Jack nodded.

“Yes, I’ll be right there.” Dixon left and Jack looked back at Sydney and Nadia. “Well, I should get to work.”

“So should we. Talk to you later.” They both gave him another kiss on the cheek before leaving. Jack walked over to the coffee maker and Irina followed him. He poured them both a cup of coffee and handed Irina her cup.

“You should get to work too agent Bristow.” He spoke in a neutral tone, and she gave him a polite nod, speaking with the same tone in her voice.

“Yes, of course director Bristow.” He gave her a nod and left. Irina went in the other direction to her desk and sat down. What neither of them had noticed was that Nadia had walked the other way around and had stood out of sight from them by the coffee maker. She looked in the direction of her father and then in the direction of her mother, wondering what was up with her parents. She shook her head, deciding to leave it be and went back to work.

Three hours later Jack walked over to Irina with a folder in his hand. She looked up when he came over, both their expressions were neutral. He spoke quietly and his tone was business like.

“Agent Bristow.”

“Yes, sir.”

“I have some urgent work for you to take care of.” He gave her the folder. “Put what you’re working on aside, and get started on this right away. I need it done and on my desk before you leave the office today. Is that understood?”

“Yes, director.” Jack left without another word and Irina started on the work she’d just been given. Once again Nadia had been standing close to her parents and heard everything. She was a bit taken aback from how her parents were behaving, and was just about to go over and talk to her mother when Kendall walked over.

“Nadia I need your help.” She turned around and looked at Kendall.

“Okay.” She smiled back and walked with him to his office.

At lunch time Sydney walked over to her mother’s desk. “Hi mom. Nadia and I are just about to go and have lunch with dad in his office, so I thought I’d come and take you with me.” Irina smiled back at Sydney.

“I can’t sweetheart, I’m swamped with work.”

“Surely it can wait for a while. It’s dad’s birthday.”

“I wish it could, but your father wants me to finish this and hand it in before I leave. I still have a lot of work to do, so I can’t really take a break. I have to settle for eating while I work.” Sydney looked at her mother a little oddly.

“Are you sure?” Irina gave her a smile.

“Yes, I’m sure. You and your sister go and have a nice lunch with your father.” Sydney nodded.

“Okay.” Sydney left and walked away. She looked over her shoulder for a second to see if there was anything wrong with her mother. Irina was back to work, so Sydney didn’t think anymore of it and left to have lunch with her father and Nadia.

After having had lunch with their father, Sydney and Nadia went over to the coffee maker to get a cup of coffee. Nadia poured them both a cup, and then looked at Sydney when she was giving her the coffee. She was about to say something but decided not to. However, Sydney saw this.

“Were you just about to ask me something?” Nadia smiled and shrugged.

“Yeah, but it’s nothing.”

“Tell me anyway.”

“Well, I was just wondering if mom and dad are fighting. Do you know if they are?”

“No, I don’t. What makes you think they’re fighting?”

“It’s just that dad is calling mom agent, and mom is calling dad director and even called him sir. Their tone is also quite neutral, so I just thought that they might be fighting.” Sydney was a bit puzzled by this but shrugged.

“I haven’t heard them calling each other that. But mom did say she had work to do, when I came to take her to dad’s office for lunch. I thought that was a little strange. But if the work has to be done, then I really don’t see the big deal with her not joining us for lunch. I’m sure it’s nothing.” Sydney smiled at her sister, and Nadia smiled back.

“Yeah, I’m sure you’re right. I’m probably just imagining things.” She noticed Kendall waving her over. “I have to get back to work. Talk to you later Syd.”

“Yeah, talk to you later.” They went in opposites directions and went back to work.

Two hours later both Sydney and Nadia were standing near their mother’s desk in opposite directions. They saw their father walking up to her desk, and noticed he was very business like. Nadia caught Sydney’s attention and nodded at her, indicating that they should listen in on what their parents were talking about. Sydney nodded back and moved a little closer.

“Agent Bristow.” Irina looked up when Jack stood in front of his desk, and kept her tone and facial expression as neutral as she’d done earlier.

“Yes, director.”

“How far are you from completing the work I gave you?”

“I still have about an hour or so. Probably a little longer.” He shot her a look that was a little stern and his voice held a little anger, but he spoke quietly.

“You do realize that I don’t have all day to wait for this report, right?”

“Yes, of course sir.”

“Good. Then pick up the pace. I don’t want to be here later than I have to today. I have to step out of the office for a while. I’ll be gone for about an hour, so I’d appreciate it, if the report was on my desk by the time I get back.” Irina nodded.

“I’ll do my very best, and work as fast as I can.” He gave a slight nod, went to talk to Dixon for a few seconds and then left APO. Sydney and Nadia went over to the coffee maker, and stared a little wide eyed at each other.

“Did you hear them? They did it again.”

“Yeah, I heard them, and I see what you mean. I just can’t believe that they’re fighting. They don’t fight that often, but today on dad’s birthday? That doesn’t make sense.” They were shaking their heads in disbelief when Vaughn, Eric, Marshall, Carrie, and Kendall walked over.

“Hey, what’s up with you two?” Vaughn smiled at them when he noticed they seemed a little worried.

“We think mom and dad are fighting.” Everyone looked at them a little oddly.

“Why would your parents be fighting today on your dad’s birthday?” Sydney and Nadia both shrugged.

“We don’t know. Have any of you heard them fighting?” They all shook their heads.

“Your parents don’t really fight. Well, of course I don’t really know, because I don’t live with them. But I do spend a lot of time with them here at the office, and out of the office, you know when we go to the kids’ soccer games, or just pick them up from practice, or when…”

“Yes, Marshall we know.” Carrie interrupted Marshall’s rambling. “Have the two of you talked to your parents?” Sydney and Nadia both shook their heads. “Well, why don’t you ask your mom, what’s wrong. Look she’s coming over now.” They all turned to see Irina coming over to get a cup of coffee. She smiled at them.

“Is there a line for the coffee, or are you just all hanging out?” They all laughed a little.

“No, no line.” Nadia motioned for her mother to go ahead and get a cup of coffee. She looked at Sydney, who nodded and she nodded back. “Um, mom?” Irina turned around once she’d gotten her coffee and smiled.

“Yes, sweetheart.”

“Are you and dad fighting?” Irina looked at Nadia a little curiously and also at Sydney, when she saw that she had the same worried facial expression as Nadia.

“No, we’re not fighting.” Sydney looked at her mother a little concerned.

“Are you sure mom? You’re calling him director and sir, and he’s calling you agent.” Irina smiled.

“Yes, of course I’m sure.” Sydney and Nadia looked at each other not really sure what to think. Sydney shook her head.

“Then if you and dad aren’t fighting, why on earth are you calling each other that? What’s that about?” Irina’s smile broadened.

“Foreplay.” Sydney gaped, Nadia shut her eyes, and everyone else laughed.

“Honestly, mom.”

“I did not need to hear that.” Irina just shrugged at her daughters. Eric shot Irina a curious and amused look after he stopped laughing.

“So Irina, you and Jack act out these roles at home, where you’re the agent and he’s the director?” Sydney and Nadia immediately turned to Eric staring wide eyed at him. Irina smiled at Eric.

“Yes, we do. Although sometimes I get to be on top.” In a split second Sydney’s and Nadia’s heads turned to stare wide eyed at their mother.

“Eeewww, mom.”

“Stop that.” Irina rolled her eyes at them and shook her head.

“That’s not what I meant. I meant that sometimes I get to be the director and your father is the agent.” They both covered their eyes and shook their heads. “But speaking of the way that you thought, I’m on top of your father, just as much as he’s on top of me. Well, it’s not like we keep track on whose turn it is to be on top. But I’d say that I’m probably on top of him as much as he’s on top of me.” Sydney’s and Nadia’s eyes were almost about to fall out.

“Mom will you stop it.”

“We don’t want to hear these things.”

“Girls you asked me why your father and I were calling each other by titles, and all I did was answer. That let to Eric’s question, and you know that I’d answer it. If you didn’t want to hear the answer, you should’ve left. And you’re the ones who jumped to the wrong conclusion, so naturally you should’ve known that I’d explain everything to you. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a report to finish. Your father really needs the report to be done before I leave. I don’t want to get a real reprimand from him.” She winked at them and went back to her desk. Everyone but Sydney and Nadia laughed. Kendall walked a little closer to them.

“Well girls you got your answer. And now that the mystery is solved let’s all get back to work.” He laughed a little as he left for his office. Everyone else left too, and Eric left in a hurry before Nadia or Sydney could throw anything at him. They looked at each other and grimaced before returning to work.

An hour later Jack returned to APO. He walked over to Sydney and Nadia, who were going through some work at Nadia’s desk. “Hi sweethearts. I thought you’d have left by now.” They looked at each other and were still a little uncomfortable from the conversation they had with their mother an hour ago.

“Um, hi dad. Uh, we’re on our way out the door.”

“Yeah, we’re just finishing up here.” He looked at them a little curiously.

“Are you alright?” They looked at him and tried to smile the best they could.

“Yes, we’re absolutely fine.”

“Couldn’t be better.” He eyed them, still not convinced that they were alright, but decided not to push the matter any further.

“Okay. I’ll see you soon at the house.”

“Yeah, looking forward to it.”’

“Absolutely.” He nodded and smiled at them, but left feeling like they seemed a little off.

A few minutes later Irina walked into Jack’s office with the report. “I finished the report director.” He gave her a nod.

“Thank you.” He took it from her, acting like he’d acted earlier, but when she was just about to leave he changed the tone in his voice, to how he usually talked to her. “Sweetheart, wait a minute.” She turned and looked at him amused.

“Isn’t that a breech of the rules director?” He let out a laugh and nodded.

“Yes, it is, but I have something I need to ask you. Something I need to ask you as your husband and not as your boss.” She smiled and nodded. “Do you know if there’s anything wrong with Sydney and Nadia? They’re acting a little strange to me.”

“They overheard us calling each other by titles, and asked if we were fighting.” He gaped a little.

“You didn’t tell them why we called each other by the titles did you?”

“Yes, I did.” He gaped more. “When I told them that we weren’t fighting, they wanted to know why we then called each other by the titles.”

“And you couldn’t have told them something other than the truth?”

“What was I supposed to have told them?” He just shrugged. “I don’t like lying to my daughters. I’ve done that enough in my life.” He nodded.

“Yeah, I know you don’t want to do that. But I still think that a lie would’ve been better in this case.”

“Maybe, but I couldn’t think of anything other than the truth.” He nodded. “But Eric also asked me a question, which I answered, and that let the girls to thinking something completely different than what the answer was. But I then clarified what they original thought. I guess all of it has something to do with their behavior too.” He stared wide eyes at her.

“Do I even want to know what that whole conversation was about?” Irina smiled.

“No, I don’t think so.” He groaned.

“It’s my birthday. Had it been on any other day, they’d probably have forgotten about it by tomorrow. But we’re spending the evening with them, so it’s really going to be uncomfortable.” He shook his head. “Not that it’s not bad enough that the girls and especially Eric were around when this conversation took place, but they were the only ones there, right?”

“No. Michael, Marshall, Carrie, and Kendall were there too.” He groaned again.

“Just wonderful.” She smiled at him lovingly.

“I’m sure it won’t be that bad. I’ll tell Michael and Eric not to mention anything about it tonight. In the meantime, you just think about what I’ll do to you after everyone has gone home. I think that should help you take your mind off of things.” He let out a sigh and smiled back at her.

“Yeah, I think I better think about that. But before I do that, I should probably take a look at the report you did. You’re going home now right?”

“Yes.”

“Okay. I just have this to go through, and then some other things to take care of, so I should be able to leave the office in about an hour.” She nodded.

“Then I’ll let you get back to work director Bristow.” She winked at him and he let out a small laugh.

“See you at home agent Bristow.” They smiled at each other one last time before Irina left his office.

A few hours later everyone showed up at Jack and Irina’s house for dinner. All except for Chase. She was invited every time, because Irina wanted it that way, but she never came to their house. She had a hard time accepting that Dixon and his children went to every event at their house, but she also knew that Dixon wouldn’t allow her to stand in the way of spending time with his friends.

Jack opened the door and greeted Sydney, Vaughn, their kids, Nadia, Eric, their kids, and Kendall, who had all arrived at the same time. Jack, Sydney, and Nadia acted like nothing had happened earlier at work. They helped the children with their jackets, and then walked into the living room while Jack, Vaughn, Eric, and Kendall put the jackets and coats away. Vaughn and Eric started to laugh a little and Jack turned and glared at them. Vaughn put his hands up in defense.

“Sorry Jack. We’ll behave. We promised Irina that we won’t comment on anything tonight.” Eric nodded.

“Yes, we promise to be good. But just so you know, Vaughn and I can never call you director again. We would hate for you to think that we’re coming on to you.” They started to laugh and left the hall with Jack glaring at them as they left. Kendall let out a small laugh too. When Jack turned to look at him he too, put his hands up in defense.

“Jack, you know I won’t comment on anything. But I also can’t help but laugh when Eric makes a comment like that.” Jack sighed and nodded.

“Yeah, I know.” He sighed once more and they joined everyone in the living room. Everyone else was there and Kendall said a quick hi to everyone. The only empty seat was next to Katya and he hesitated for a moment before sitting down next to her. She cocked an eyebrow at him.

“You hesitated before sitting next to me.” He rolled his eyes before looking at her.

“Can you blame me? The last time you were responsible for me ending up in the pool.”

“So you claim.” He let out a frustrated grunt.

“So I know. You might as well stop denying it, because we all know it was you.”

“You really whine a lot, do you know that?” He rolled his eyes.

“Yes, so you’ve told me several times.”

“Then you’d assume that you’d paid attention to what I’ve been telling you. But apparently you need a hearing aid.”

“I can hear perfectly fine.”

“So you claim.” He let out another frustrated grunt.

“So I know. I think I know my own health and my own body more than you do.”

“Yes, who else would want to know your body.” Everyone laughed a little while Kendall groaned. Jack got up from his seat.

“Okay, why don’t you all go into the dining room. Dinner is about done.” Kendall got up quickly and Maddie walked over to him.

“Uncle Kendall will you sit next to me?” He smiled at her.

“I’d love to sweetie.” He took her by the hand and they went to the dining room. Irina was about to walk over to Katya, after seeing the expression on her face, but Sarah walked over to her.

“Grandma I want to come with you.” Irina picked up her granddaughter and gave her a kiss on the cheek

“I’d love for you to come with me. Let’s go sweetheart.” She walked after Jack to the kitchen, concentrating on her granddaughter rather than what she wanted to talk to Katya about.

A few minutes later everyone sat down to dinner. Isabelle looked at her mother. “Mommy?” Sydney looked at her and smiled.

“Yes, sweetheart.”

“We haven’t sung Happy Birthday for grandpa yet.”

“No you’re right, we haven’t done that yet. Should we do it now?”

“Yeah.” All the other children cheered too.

“Okay, but we need an order. So how about we sing daddy, grandpa, uncle, and Jack?” Sydney looked around at everyone. “Is everyone onboard with that?” They all nodded. “Okay, on three. One-two-three.”

“Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear daddy, grandpa, uncle, and Jack,
happy birthday to you.” Everyone cheered and Jack smiled around at them all.

“Thank you all very much for the song. I appreciate it. Now dig in.”

Later Jack and Irina carried the dishes to the kitchen. She put her arms around him and gave him a kiss. “So, are you enjoying your birthday?” He smiled back at her.

“Yes, very much.”

“I never get tired of singing Happy Birthday with all the names we put in there.” He chuckled.

“Just wait. In less than a week it’s your turn.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait.” He gave her a kiss, and a few seconds later Ethan, Mitchell, Matthew, and Stephen came into the kitchen.

“Can we help with anything uncle Jack?” Jack and Irina smiled at the boys.

“Yes Matthew, you and the rest of you can take the coffee mugs, the juice, the cookies, and the cake into the living room.”

“Okay.” They took everything with them and Jack and Irina came into the living room a few seconds later with the coffee and tea.

A while later everyone went home. Kendall was the last one to leave, and stood in the hall putting on his jacket, while Jack and Irina were clearing the table in the living room. Katya walked across the hall and was about to walk upstairs. He sighed and thought he’d be the bigger person and speak kindly to her.

“I know that I’m your contact person and therefore know of your whereabouts. So, as far as I know you’re not scheduled to be at APO, and you’re not scheduled to be anywhere else. But have you thought about coming to APO to do some work? Since Irina’s birthday is in less than a week, I assume you’ll be in LA.” She turned around, cocked an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

“Don’t assume anything.” He rolled his eyes and shook his head, not really surprised by the tone in her voice. “I have no desire to be at APO, since I don’t have to. I’ve already looked at your face enough today, and I’ll be looking at it at Irina’s birthday party, so I see no reason to look at it in between the two birthdays.” He shook his head.

“Fine, suit yourself. But just so you know, I won’t be here for Irina’s birthday.”

“Oh, and why is that?”

“I have a date.” Her eyes widen a little in surprise.

“You have a date?” He nodded. “Who with?”

“That’s none of your concern.” She cocked an eyebrow at him again.

“Well, I just wonder what woman could possibly want to go out with you. She must be blind.” He let out a frustrated grunt, and gave her an annoyed glare.

“No, she’s not. She’s got perfect sight and is a very lovely woman, unlike another woman I know.” She gave him a stern look and Jack and Irina returned from the kitchen. Katya looked at Jack and smiled.

“Goodnight Jack. I hope you had a pleasant birthday.” She then looked at Irina and smiled. “Goodnight Irina.” Then she walked up the stairs without saying anything to Kendall. Jack and Irina both looked after her.

“Yeah, I did. Thank you Katya. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight Katya.” Jack and Irina looked at Kendall a little curious. He just shrugged.

“She’s behaving like she’s always behaving.” They both nodded at him. “Well, I should go. See you at work tomorrow, and thanks for a nice evening.”

“Yeah, you too. Thanks for coming.” Jack closed the door, and Irina looked in Katya’s direction. She then turned and looked at Jack, putting her arms around him and kissed him deeply and passionately.

“So birthday boy. What do you say, to cleaning up the last few things in a hurry, so that you can get your last present?” He smiled broadly and kissed her again.

“I love the sound of that.”

Almost a week later it was Irina’s birthday. Jack and the triplets had given her a new watch and a pair of earrings. Kendall took her out to lunch since he couldn’t make it to her birthday dinner in the evening. Later everyone who’d attended Jack’s birthday was at the house for Irina’s birthday dinner. Everyone had sung Happy Birthday to her, and included all her names, mommy, grandma, aunt, and Irina. When everyone had gone home, and Jack was getting ready for bed, Katya was in the kitchen getting herself a cup of tea, as Irina walked into the kitchen. She smiled at her sister when she walked in.

“So, did you have a nice birthday?” Irina walked over and gave Katya a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Yes, I did. Thank you.” Katya smiled and took a sip of her tea. “You’ve been very quiet tonight.”

“I’m a little tired. Since I just came back from Florida this evening, I still have to get used to the time difference. And I’ve been out all the time when I was away, so I haven’t gotten much sleep.” Irina nodded.

“Okay. Katya is there anything you’d like to talk about?” Katya looked at her sister curiously.

“Like what?” Irina smiled at her softly and spoke the same way.

“You tell me.” Katya looked at her for a few seconds, before shaking her head and giving her a big smile.

“Nothing to talk about. I’m absolutely fine.” Irina eyed her sister for a little bit, and then decided to just nod.

“Okay, if you say so. You know you can always talk to me.” Katya smiled.

“Yes, I know. But I have nothing to talk about, because I’m perfectly fine.” Irina nodded at her and smiled. “Goodnight Irina.”

“Goodnight Katya.” Katya left and Irina turned out the lights a few seconds later and headed for her bedroom. When she walked in Jack smiled at her.

“I was just about to go into the bathroom to change into the uniform. Sorry I’m not ready yet, but I looked in on the kids.” She smiled lovingly at him and then closed the distance between them, wrapping her arms around him and kissing him.

“I don’t need a show tonight.” He looked at her a little puzzled.

“You don’t?” She shook her head. “Don’t you want one?” She let out a laugh.

“Yes, I’d love one, but I don’t need one tonight. I have you and that’s all I could ever want. I love you sweetheart.” She kissed him again. After they broke the kiss, he looked at her a little puzzled again, but then shook his head, and smiled.

“Okay, if you say so. I’ll give you a show another night.” He kissed her again. “I love you too.” Although Jack didn’t put on a show for Irina, they ended up having a pleasurable night.

In another part of the world, the two men, who had decided to destroy Jack and Irina, met up again.

“I have some very interesting pictures to show you. I think it means that we have to make new plans, and postpone our attack.” He handed the pictures to the other man. The man who received them stared wide eyed at them and got angry.

“I don’t believe this.”

“Yes, I know. It’s hard to believe.”

“I agree. We have to come up with a new plan, because this is very valuable.”

“I’m glad to hear it. It’ll probably take a while to come up with a new plan, but I think it’ll be worth it.” He smiled and the other man smiled back.

“Oh yes, I think so too.” He took an envelope from his inner pocket and handed to the other man. “I have some interesting pictures too.” The other man took them and got a little angry.

“Well, well, well.” He then smiled and turned to the other man. “I assume we’re keeping track?”

“Of course.” He nodded and smiled.

“Then I suggest we use this in our plans.”

“That was also my thought.”

“Good, good. Now why don’t we go and have dinner. We can talk about a new plan on how to destroy Jack and Irina.”

“That sounds like a very good idea.”

TBC

Does katya's mood have to do with anastasia, it was her daughter and this is around the time of year that she died???? Great update. Nadia and syd really need to stop asking irina questions about her and jack, if they can't take the heat they need to get out of the kitchen. :D

Somehow I don't believe that Sark is one of those two men. Cuvee perhaps? :thinking:

Sydney and Nadia are so dense sometimes, it's adorable. But they really shouldn't ask questions like that anymore, if they want to avoid a shrink. :lol:

I think that Katya's behaviour has something got to do with Anastasia(Sorry, if the spelling is wrong).

-Liisbet-

Yeah, I think Katya's mood has something to do with Anastasia too. Or perhaps she is falling for Kendall :lol:

He unwrapped a silver, pink, purple, green, blue, and black striped tie, and looked at it a little oddly.
Ha. I'd love to see Jack's using this tie. Pink! :lol:

Didn't think I'd be posting today, but it happened. :lol: Happy reading. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you all for the great comments and for reading. Everything is greatly appreciated. :smiley:

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: Nope, Katya's present mood has nothing to do with Anastasia. Thank you. Yes, they really should. They know that Irina will tell them the truth.

Sydney Derevko Bristow: Thank you. Time will tell who those men are.

TheDerevkoGirl: I'm not saying anything yet about who those men are. Yes, it is. :lol: No they shouldn't because they know Irina will tell them the truth. Right spelling, but her present mood has nothing to do with Anastasia.

nicewoman: Her present mood has nothing to do with Anastasia. Katya is not falling for Kendall. Victor Garber wore the tie at the ABC's Upfronts a while ago. You can find pictures of this on Getty Images. It looks really good on him, and he's wearing a dark gray suit and a gray shirt. Gotta get my inspiration from somewhere. :lol:

Chapter 8
A week later Irina walked onto Dixon office with a report she’d just finished.

“Hi Marcus. I finished the report you asked for.” He was sitting holding a broken necklace and didn’t quite hear her. “Marcus?” He looked up a little confused, and she smiled at him. “I finished the report you asked for.” He gave her a small smile.

“Okay. You can just put it on the table.” She smiled back and nodded and started to walk away, but then turned around and walked back to his desk.

“Marcus is there something wrong?” He looked at her again and nodded.

“Yeah, it’s this necklace. I gave it to Robin last year. It belonged to Diane. She loves it so much, because it was her mother’s favorite.” He smiled shortly, but then his smile faded. “But it broke, and now Robin is heartbroken. I’ve been to a lot of jewelry stores, but no one can fix it.” Irina gave him a compassionately smile.

“Can I see the necklace?”

“Yes.” She studied for a while and then gave Dixon a smile.

“I know a guy in San Francisco, and he’s amazing at fixing things that no one else can. I’m pretty sure he can fix this. Of course, I can’t say for absolutely certainty, but I’m pretty sure. Sergei is going to San Francisco in two days to work. If you’ll allow it, I can have him take the necklace with him, and have him drop it off at the guy I know. I’ll call ahead, and ask if he’ll make it his number one priority. And if he’s able to fix it, Sergei can bring it back with him.” Dixon gave a small smile.

“I appreciate you trying to help, but I don’t know.”

“You don’t really want to let the necklace go.” He nodded.

“No, not really. Diane got this from her grandmother, and it’s always been important to her. I just don’t want anything to happen to it. I mean, I know it’s already broken, but still.” Irina nodded.

“I can understand how you feel, but Sergei will take really good care of it. So will the guy I know. And it wouldn’t hurt to see if the necklace can be fixed.”

“Yeah, I know Sergei will be careful with it, and I’m sure the guy you know will too. And you’re probably right that it wouldn’t hurt to take it to San Francisco.”

“Why don’t you talk it over with Robin, and if she agrees to it, you can bring it with you tomorrow, and I can give it to Sergei before he leaves.” He nodded and gave her a small smile.

“Okay. I’ll talk it over with Robin and give you an answer tomorrow.” She smiled back.

“That’s good to hear. Talk to you later Marcus.” He nodded and smiled and Irina left his office.

The next day Dixon walked up to Irina. “I talked to Robin yesterday and she was very excited that the necklace might be fixed. I told her not to get her hopes up, but she’s willing to give it a go. So here.” He handed her a small box with the necklace in. Irina gave him a soft smile.

“I’ll take good care of it, and tell Sergei to guard it with his life. I’ll keep in touch with the guy I know, to see if he can fix it, and I’ll let you know if he can or not. The minute Sergei comes home from San Francisco with the necklace, whether it’s fixed or not, I’ll return it to you.” He smiled back.

“Okay. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

The next day Jack called Vaughn and Eric into his office.

“You wanted to see us?”

“Yes, have a seat.” They sat down and once they had, Jack went on. “I have a small assignment for you tomorrow. We have gotten intel that a weapons dealer by the name of Derek Mason, is in town and will most likely make a deal tomorrow.” He handed them a picture of the man in question. “We have information that he’ll be at the fish factory tomorrow by the harbor. You two will go in and pose as workers, and do the same work as everyone else, while keeping a lookout for Mason. You’re not to intervene. Your job is to observe, and once your shift ends you’ll come straight back to APO and report on what you’ve seen. Here are your identifications.” He handed them a folder with their new names on them.

“So I’m Walther Branson for a day.”

“And I’m Harvey Jennings. So what if something goes on? Are we going to stop it or contact you?”

“No. Your only job is to observe what’s going on. You’ll go in unarmed, and go about your day as everyone else.”

“So what work are we supposed to do?”

“Gut fish and pack fish I assume. The factory often hires new workers every day, so someone will be there to tell you what to do. Your shift starts at 3.00 a.m. and ends at 3.00 p.m.” Both Vaughn and Eric stared a little wide eyed at Jack. He gave them a glare. “Is there a problem?” They shook their heads.

“No, of course not.”

“Just one question.” Jack nodded for Vaughn to go on. “Why are we put on this case? Surely there are other people, who could take this case, if all we’re supposed to do is observe?”

“You two are put on the case, because Derek Mason is a very sensitive matter. If something is going on, it’ll more than likely be a matter for black ops.” They both nodded. “We’ll also have a car parked outside that’ll be taping. That way we’ve got all angles covered. That’s it. You’re dismissed. See you tomorrow here after 3.00.” They nodded and left his office. When they got away from Jack’s office Eric shook his head and looked at Vaughn.

“I don’t know anything about gutting fish. Nadia and I never buy a fish with head or anything.”

“Neither do Sydney and I. But since the place is used to new workers, I guess they can’t expect much. I’m sure we’ll be fine.” Eric nodded.

“Yeah, I’m sure you’re right.” They smiled at each other and went back to work.

The next morning Vaughn and Eric went to the fish factory at 3.00 a.m. They had both been yawning for most of the morning, and had been drinking coffee on their way to the harbor to stay awake. They pulled into the parking lot, and Eric looked at Vaughn.

“Well we’re here. Let’s go Walt.”

“Right behind you Harv.”

“Actually I prefer Harvey, if you don’t mind. Do you want me to call you Walther?” Vaughn shook his head at Eric.

“I really don’t care what you call me. It’s going to be a long day, so let’s just concentrate on looking out for Mason.”

“You’ve got it Wally.”

“Don’t call me Wally.” Eric laughed and Vaughn rolled his eyes at him.

They went over to all of the other workers, who were waiting to be let in. They got in the line that was reserved for the new workers and waited until they were let in. A man looked at them when it was their turn to get in.

“Name?”

“Walther Branson and this is my buddy Harvey Jennings.”

“Spare me your life story. Have either of you ever gutted fish, or handled fish before?”

“No sir, but we’re eager to learn.” The man gave Vaughn an angry look.

“Don’t sir me. Yes, I’m your boss, but don’t sir me. You’re quite a smart mouth, aren’t you? I’ll bet that you and your little lover boy here, don’t last a day. You don’t look tough enough to be in this business. Don’t worry. We’ll teach you a couple of things about this trade. Maybe by the time you leave, you’ll have grown some balls. Move your sorry asses down to the fishing boats. A new shipment of fish is about to come in and you’re going to help unload it. You think you can handle that pretty boy?” Vaughn and Eric both forced a smile.

“We’ll do our best.”

“Good. Now move it.” They were slightly pushed and rolled their eyes. Eric shook his head.

“I have to admit I’m a little hurt.” Vaughn looked at him curiously.

“What are you talking about?”

“Well, you could have told him that I’m not your lover boy.” Vaughn rolled his eyes.

“Stop it. Let’s just concentrate on the job.”

“Sure thing Wally.”

After unloading fish for five hours Vaughn and Eric were pulled aside by their boss. He took them up to the upper floor of the building.

“Now Betty and Daisy, it’s time to teach you girls how to gut fish.” He took them with him to where people were gutting fish. “Look at what they do, and then walk over there and get started on your own fish.” He pointed at another table nearby, where there was a big load of fish waiting for them. He then walked away. Vaughn and Eric started to observe the people who were gutting fish.

“Gosh, this is really disgusting. And it stinks.”

“Yeah, tell me about it.”

Ten minutes later they were still observing when their boss came back. “Why are you two still standing here? You have fish to gut. You’re not here to judge which fish is the prettiest. Now move your asses Betty and Daisy.” Vaughn and Eric quickly got over to their table, and their boss put a fish on the table for each of them and a knife. “Heads, intestines, and everything that you cut off from the fish goes in these buckets here.” He pointed to some buckets that were by the table. “Now start gutting.” They nodded and he left.

They had a hard time gutting the fish, and they grimaced every time they cut a head off and took out the intestines. They had also been looking out for Derek Mason. Eric looked over at Vaughn.

“So do you think I’m Betty or do you think I’m Daisy?” Vaughn stared at Eric in disbelief of the question he’d just asked.

“I really don’t care. The guy is a pain, so just don’t think anymore about that idiot.”

“Oh come on. I’m only trying to lighten the mood. We could really use that with this disgusting job we’re doing.” Eric grimaced as he caught off another head. “I can look at a guy blown to pieces, and it doesn’t bother me, but this is really disgusting.”

“Yes, I know, but let’s just keep our eyes focused on what we’re here for. Have you seen any sign of Mason?” Eric shook his head.

“No, not at all. I’ve been looking all the time, but still no sign. But we’re still here for a long time, so I’m sure he’ll show.”

“Yeah, me too.”

Two hours later their boss walked up to them again. “My god, you girls are pathetic. Are you sure you shouldn’t rather be getting a manicure or a pedicure right now? Pick up the pace. You’re slowing the production down. And empty your buckets.” He was about to walk away when Eric stopped him.

“Uh, boss?” He turned around and stared annoyed at Eric. Eric gave him a forced smile. “Where do we empty the buckets?”

“Down there at the end.” He pointed to the end of the big room, where a big sliding door was open. “There’s a big container on the ground. Just dumped the contents from the buckets from up here down into the container. It might make a few splashes and you’ll probably get some of the fish guts on you. You think you two can handle that, or are you going to run away crying?” Eric forced another smile.

“No, we’ll manage just fine. Thank you for your help.”

“Be careful of the floor. It can be a little slippery. I would hate for you girls to break a nail.” Eric nodded. “Get back to work.” Eric shook his head when he looked back at Vaughn.

“Not exactly a friendly guy.”

“No, he’s not. Let’s empty the buckets so we don’t have to listen to him again.” Eric nodded and they both picked up two buckets. When they got to the end of the room, they grimaced as they looked down in the container.

“That is really disgusting.”

“Yeah, let’s just throw it out and head back inside.”

“I can hardly breathe.”

“I know. Neither can I. Just breathe through your mouth.” They emptied their buckets and headed back to work.

Several hours later Vaughn and Eric still hadn’t spotted Derek Mason, and they still weren’t that good at gutting fish. Their boss had yelled at them all day and the floor on the way to the container had gotten more and more slippery. They were completely lost in thought, and were not far from dumping the fish guts in the container, when their boss yelled at them.

“Hey Betty and Daisy.” He startled them and they lost their footing on the slippery floor.

“Oh no. No, no.” Instead of regaining their footing they ended up bumping into each other, and they fell into the container full of fish guts, with their own buckets of fish guts landing on their heads.

“This is disgusting.” They were both spitting as they’d gotten some of the fish guts in their mouths, and stood up trying to clean themselves, even though that was completely impossible.

“It certainly gives a whole new meaning to the phrase sleeping with the fishes. I think I’m going to be sick.”

“This isn’t a hotel, where you can take a swim in the pool.” They looked up and saw their boss looking down on them. “Get out of there and get back to work.” He went back inside and they looked at each other rolling their eyes.

“I’m glad I don’t do this for a living.”

After having worked in their fish gut covered clothes for a few more hours, their shift ended. They were about to walk out of there, when their boss stopped them. “Don’t bother coming back tomorrow. You girls are useless.” He then left without saying anything to them. They looked at each other rolling their eyes, before walking out to the car. Vaughn got two blankets from the car, so they could sit on them, since they hadn’t brought any clean clothes. He shook his head as they left the harbor.

“What a waste. We didn’t spot Mason.”

“Yeah. I can’t believe we’ll be showing up at APO like this. I could really use a shower.”

“Me too. But I’m sure Jack will let us go and take a shower right after we get back.”

“Yeah, I think you’re right.”

When they arrived at APO everyone was staring at them and covering their noses, because Vaughn and Eric smelled really badly. They were told that Jack was in the meeting room, and they walked straight there. When they walked in Jack, Irina, Sydney, Nadia, Marcus, Marshall, Carrie, and Kendall were there. They all stared wide eyed at them, when they saw that they were covered in fish guts. Jack shook his head slightly.

“What happened?”

“Long story Jack.”

“But the short version is, we fell into a container full of fish guts.”

“You did what?”

“Yeah, we know. Not our finest hour, but we didn’t blow our cover.” Jack nodded.

“We didn’t spot Mason. He was nowhere in sight. We kept a lookout for him all day, but we didn’t spot him.” Just then another agent walked in with a package.

“Sir. The footage from the fish factory just arrived, and there’s a note with some specific times, you should pay most attention to.”

“Thank you Jones.” The agent left.

“Well, maybe this will show Mason.” Vaughn and Eric both smiled a little hopefully.

Jack put the disk in and turned on the volume so everyone could see and listen. He looked at the note that followed the disk, and fast forward to the first time given. Vaughn and Eric stared a little wide eyed as they watched themselves arrive and heard the conversation they had with their boss. Jack continued to fast forward and everyone saw every time Vaughn and Eric were made fun of by their boss, and also when they fell into the container. Everyone with the exception of Vaughn and Eric were laughing throughout the whole thing. Once they’d all watched the highlights that had been indicated on the note that followed with the disk, Jack turned it off and looked back at Vaughn and Eric, who were both staring at him.

“Jack, what was that about?”

“Yeah that was not footage of Derek Mason.” Jack smirked at them.

“No, it wasn’t. You see, Derek Mason is not a weapons dealer. He’s a CIA agent.”

“What?” They shook their heads in confusion.

“Then what was this assignment about?”

“You really don’t know?” They shook their heads at Jack, not knowing what was going on. He smirked at them some more. “April Fool boys.” They stared wide eyed at him, while everyone else laughed harder and harder. “You see I wanted to get back at you for all the jokes and pranks you’ve pulled on me. So, I called up Derek and asked for his help. His brother owns the fish factory, and he was happy to help. His brother is the guy, who was your boss for the day. I must admit it went better than I’d imagine, and that’s really because you fell into the container. Thank you boys, for making this the best April Fool’s Day ever.” He smirked at them and everyone but them laughed harder. Vaughn closed his eyes and shook his head.

“I can’t believe I didn’t realize it was April Fool’s Day.” Eric shook his head too.

“Yeah, me either.” He then let out a small laugh and looked at Jack smiling. “Well played Jack.” Jack smiled back at him triumphantly.

“Next time don’t play with the big fish. No pun intended.” Everyone laughed more and Vaughn and Eric nodded and smiled slightly. “Now Betty and Daisy.” Jack stopped himself and smirked at them. “Or do you prefer pretty boy and lover boy?” They rolled their eyes at him and he continued. “I suggest the two of you leave and hit the showers, because you stink. In the meantime the rest of us will look at the footage again.” They rolled their eyes and left his office.

“Gosh, he really got us good.”

“Yeah, he really did.” They looked at each other and laughed a little shaking their heads on the way to the shower.

A week and a half later Sergei returned from San Francisco. The guy, Irina knew, had been able to repair the necklace, so Sergei went over to Jack and Irina’s house the minute he got home.

“Hi Sergei. Come on in. Did you have a nice trip?” He smiled at Irina as he walked into the hall.

“Yes, I had a great time. Here’s the necklace.” He handed her the box, and she smiled.

“Thank you for taking care of this. Why don’t you go into the living room and say hi to Jack. I’ll just go into the kitchen and call Marcus.” He nodded and they went in opposite directions.

Dixon and Chase were watching TV when the phone rang. He walked over and answered it. “Dixon.”

“Hi Marcus. It’s Irina.” He looked over at Chase and smiled, covering the phone so Irina wouldn’t hear him talking to Chase.

“It’s Marshall. I’m just going to take the phone into the kitchen.” He didn’t think that she’d want to talk to Marshall about anything, so he was always a good excuse to use, if Irina called. If he said that it was Jack who was calling or Kendall, she might want to talk to them, so he couldn’t risk her wanting to do that. She smiled back at him.

“Okay.” He nodded and went to the kitchen.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. What’s up?”

“Sergei just arrived home, and I had him come over with the necklace. Do you want me to come over with it now?”

“Um.”

“Or I could just meet you out in the street.” She knew that Chase wouldn’t want her anywhere near the house, so she thought she’d make it easier on Dixon, by suggesting that they meet outside.

“Actually, Robin is at a friend’s house tonight.”

“Do you have the address? I could drive over there and give it to her.” Dixon smiled.

“You don’t have to do that. You knew a guy who could fix it, so I should be the one to pick it up.”

“I don’t mind dropping by with the necklace. I know how much Robin really wants to have it back.” He considered it for a moment and then smiled to himself again.

“Yeah, she really would love to have it back, and she’d love to have it as soon as possible. But I don’t want you to go to any trouble.”

“It’s no trouble at all.”

“Okay, let me just get the address.”

Two minutes later Irina walked to the living room with her car keys in her hand. “I’m just going to drop off Robin’s necklace. She’s at a friend’s house. I shouldn’t be that long.” Jack smiled.

“Okay.” She looked at Sergei.

“Will you be here when I get back?” He shrugged.

“Probably not. I’m a bit tired, and I have some work to do tomorrow.”

“Okay. I’ll talk to you tomorrow then.”

“Yeah. See you tomorrow.”

Irina drove to the address Marcus had given her. She parked the car in the street and started to walk up to the house, but her instincts told her there was something wrong. The house looked too dark, and she knew that Robin and her friend couldn’t possibly have gone to bed already. The curtains were also all covering the view in. Deciding not to ring the bell she walked around the house quietly instead, not wanting to alarm anyone, if her instincts were wrong. As she came to the back yard, she saw that the lights were on in the living room, but that the curtains were covering the view too. She heard a male voice inside, and Robin screaming slightly. She quickly moved closer and was able to get a small peak from between the curtains. Robin’s friend was lying on the floor, appearing to be knocked out, and Robin were thrown onto the couch, and slapped hard. Irina had a feeling what was about to happen and she quickly went to the door, knocked part of the glass out, so she could unlock the door, and ran inside fast. She completely shocked the intruder.

“What the hell?” She stared him down.

“Why don’t you come and play with me instead?” He laughed at her.

“You b!*ch. I’ll take care of you in no time, and then go back to have my fun with the younger ones.”

“Take your best shot.”

“You asked for it.” He got angry and came charging at her. She stood her ground and when he took a swing at her, she had him on the floor knocked out in a matter of a few seconds. She wanted to hurt him more. Wanted to kill him for what he was about to do, but also knew that she couldn’t. She quickly ran over to Robin.

“Robin can you hear me? It’s Irina. Can you hear me sweetheart?” She groaned a little.

“Ye…yes.” Irina smiled and kissed her forehead.

“Good, good. Did he hurt you?”

“N….no.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Good. Do you know if he did anything to your friend?”

“He didn’t.”

“Good. What’s her name?”

“Mel…Melissa.”

“Okay. I’m just going to check on her. Then I’m going to call the police and your father, okay?”

“Okay.” Irina nodded and moved down on the floor to Robin’s friend.

“Melissa can you hear me? My name is Irina. I’m a friend of Robin’s.” She shook her, a little and then a little more, when there wasn’t an answer. She groaned a little and Irina felt relieved.

Dixon was getting himself a glass of water when the phone rang. “Dixon.”

“Marcus, it’s Irina. You better come to Robin’s friend’s house. There was an intruder. The police, is on the way.”

“What? What happened?”

“I don’t know. But when I got here, I thought something was off, so I went around the back, and there was a man inside. Robin’s friend was out cold on the floor, and the man…I think he was about to rape Robin.” She could hear Dixon gasp on the other end of the line. “He never got the chance. I stopped him. But you better get here.”

“Yes, of course. I’m on my way.” He hung up the phone and got his car keys immediately. Chase had come into the kitchen and looked at him a little curiously.

“Who was that?”

“Irina.” She got a little annoyed by hearing that name.

“Why on earth is she calling at this hour?”

“It was about Robin. She was nearly raped.” Chase gaped.

“What?”

“Look I don’t have time to explain. I need to get to Robin.”

“Yes, of course. Let’s go.”

Fifteen minutes later Dixon and Chase arrived at the house. The police had already arrived and Dixon and Chase walked inside when they had parked the car. A cop stopped them at the entrance to the house.

“Sir, you can’t come in here.”

“I’m Robin Dixon’s father. I was told my daughter was here.” The cop nodded and let Dixon and Chase inside. They walked further into the house, and saw that Irina was being questioned by a cop. “Irina.” Irina and the cop looked in Dixon’s direction as he walked over.

“Marcus.”

“Excuse me sir, who are you?” The cop looked at him.

“I’m Robin Dixon’s father. Where is she?”

“She’s in the living room. A medic is examining her.” He nodded and immediately went to the living room, and found Robin.

“Robin.” She looked up when Dixon came over and started to cry.

“Dad.” He hugged her and was on the verge of tears himself. He looked her over.

“Are you okay? Did he hurt you? I mean did he…?”

“No, dad. He hit me, but didn’t hurt me other than that. Irina got to us in time.”

“Thank god.” He hugged her again. The medic tapped him on the shoulder.

“Excuse me sir, but I should finish examine her, and treat her wounds.”

“Yes, of course. I’ll be right over here honey.” Robin nodded. Dixon looked over at Melissa’s parents, who had arrived a little earlier than Dixon. Melissa was more awake now, and a medic was treating her as well. He gave her parents a nod and went over to Irina and the cop.

“So could you tell me one more time what happened Mrs. Bristow?”

“I came over here to give Robin a necklace. I noticed that all the curtains were covering the view in, so I thought something was wrong. I then went around the back, where I was able to peak through the curtains. I could see that Robin’s friend was on the floor knocked out, heard Robin scream, and saw the intruder throw her down on the couch slapping her. It looked to me like he intended to rape her, and that was also the impression I got when I broke into the house.”

“Yes, instead of calling the police first, you broke in, and were going to fight the guy off yourself. Tell us again why you didn’t call the police first and waited for us to arrive.”

“Like I said before, I didn’t think there was time to wait for the police to arrive. If I waited, I’m pretty sure he would’ve raped her.”

“So instead you broke in and decided to handle things yourself.”

“Yes, as I told you, I’m trained in martial arts. I know how to defend myself.”

“What if he had a knife, or worse, a gun?”

“Like I said, I know how to defend myself.”

“Even against a gun or a knife?” Dixon shook his head in disbelief at the questioning.

“What is this about? She saved my daughter and her friend from being raped and probably even killed. There’s no reason for you to ask her these questions. She’s not the bad guy here.”

“I’m sorry sir, but it just seems a little strange that she breaks in and is able to defend herself just like that, without so much as a scratch. The intruder is not exactly a small guy.”

“Like she said, she’s good at defending herself.”

“And just how well do the two of you know each other?”

“Very well. We work together and have worked together for years now. I can vouch for her, and tell you that you have no reason to doubt what she’s telling you. I trust this woman with my life, and I recent the line of questioning.” Chase gaped a little when she heard how Dixon was defending Irina. Melissa’s parents walked up to them.

“Officer please. This woman saved our daughter’s life. You should not treat her like she did something wrong.”

“She’s absolutely right. If she’d waited for you to arrive, it would’ve been too late. You should thank her for helping you catch such a creep rather than questioning her.” The cop nodded and a colleague waved him over.

“Excuse me.” Irina turned to Dixon.

“How’s Robin?”

“A bit shook up, but other than that I think she’s fine.” She smiled at him and then turned to Melissa’s parents.

“And your daughter? How is she?”

“The same as Robin. They say it would be best if she spends the night in the hospital. Thank you so much for arriving when you did. I can’t bear to think what would’ve happened if you hadn’t shown up when you did.” Without warning Melissa’s mother threw her arms around Irina and hugged her.

“I’m glad she’s alright.”

“Mrs. Bristow.” Irina and Melissa’s mother let go at each other as the cop, who’d questioned Irina walked over. Irina nodded at him. “We just got word that the intruder is a wanted criminal. He’s wanted for burglary, drugs, and rape. We have enough on him to throw him away for years, so we have no reason to question your way of stopping him. We won’t be contacting you, so you’re free to go home. Thank you for your help.” He gave her a nod, and she nodded back. At the same time Melissa was rolled out into the hall on a stretcher. Her mother stopped the medics.

“Honey, this is the woman who saved you.” Melissa gave Irina a smile to the best of her abilities.

“Thank you.” Irina smiled back.

“You’re welcome.” She gently squeezed her hand before the medics took her away. Her parents thanked Irina once again, and went after their daughter. Seconds later Robin walked into the hall followed by a medic.

“Mr. Dixon, your daughter is not so badly injured. She doesn’t need to go into an ambulance, but you should probably take her to the hospital.” He nodded and hugged Robin when she walked up to him. She then looked at Irina and went and hugged her too, crying a little.

“Thank you for saving me.” Irina hugged her a little tighter.

“You’re welcome sweetheart.” They let go of each other and Irina kissed Robin’s forehead. “I should probably give you want I came here for.” She took the box out of her inner pocket and handed it to her. Robin opened it and smiled broadly.

“Mom’s necklace. Look dad, it’s as good as new.” Dixon looked at it and smiled.

“Yes, I can see that.” Robin hugged Irina again.

“Thank you. Thank you so much.”

“My pleasure.” Dixon smiled at her too.

“Yes, thank you very much.”

“You’re welcome Marcus.” She smiled back at him.

“Well, we should probably get you to the hospital Robin.” They nodded and walked out of the house. Dixon looked at Irina. “Could you tell Jack that I won’t be at work tomorrow?”

“Yes, of course. Take care.” She smiled softly at all three, but while she received smiles from Dixon and Robin, she received and angry look from Chase. They then went in their cars and drove off.

When Irina arrived home Jack met her in the hall immediately. “What took you so long? I was getting a little worried. I know you can take care of yourself, but still.” Without saying anything she threw her arms around Jack and hugged him. Feeling that she needed to be held, he hugged her back tightly. “Sweetheart what’s wrong? What happened?”

“Robin and her friend were nearly raped tonight.”

“What?”

“I thought something was wrong when I arrived, so I went around the back and there was an intruder inside. He’d already knocked out Robin’s friend, and Robin was not much better herself. I broke into the house, before he could do anything worse to them. I called the police and then Marcus arrived too. They had questions, which is why it took so long. I’m sorry I didn’t call. I didn’t mean to make you worry.” He stopped hugging her, so that he could look at her, but still kept her in his arms.

“Don’t worry about not calling me. That’s fine. But are you alright?” She smiled.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I mean I felt like killing the bastard, but I’m fine now.” He still looked at her concerned, and she smiled a little broader. “Yes sweetheart, I’m fine.” He smiled back at her and gave her a kiss.

“Okay.” He then hugged her tightly again, and they stood like that for a few minutes before going to bed.

The next day Irina was working in Jack’s office with Nadia. Jack was at CIA headquarters, so since Irina and Nadia were working on a big report they needed a lot of space, and therefore used Jack’s office. Irina heard someone enter the office and thought Nadia returned with the information she was getting.

“That was fast sweetheart.”

“You’ve got the wrong person.” Irina looked up and saw an angry Chase staring at her.

“Director Chase, I thought you were Nadia.”

“Well as you can see I’m not.” Irina nodded. “I see you’re working in Director Bristow’s office again.” Her tone was harsh.

“Yes, Nadia and I are working on a big report, so Jack said we could use his office.” She spoke kindly to Chase like she always did.

“Did he really?”

“Yes. He’s at CIA headquarters now. You can call him and ask him yourself if you’d like.”

“Don’t be a smart mouth agent Bristow.”

“I wasn’t trying to be.” Chase kept staring angrily at her. “How’s Robin?”

“I don’t see that, that’s any concern of yours.”

“I care about her. Marcus is my friend, which makes Robin important to me.”

“Oh yes, you’re the big friend. Always there when needed, like fixing Robin’s necklace. Why was it you did that? Was it because you wanted to make it up to her for being responsible for her mother’s death?” Irina gaped a little.

“I had nothing to do with Diane’s death. You might not believe that, but it’s the truth.” Chase scoffed at her.

“And why should I believe you? You’re good at lying, so there’s no reason to believe that you’re telling the truth. And now you’re even behaving like a good little hero. Tell me something agent Bristow. Did you find that intruder, and pay him to beat up Robin and her friend, just so that you could catch him in the act and make yourself look good?” Irina stared wide eyed at Chase at the accusations that were thrown at her.

“No absolutely not. I was there to return the necklace to Robin, because I knew she wanted it as soon as my cousin brought it back from San Francisco.”

“You were the one who told Marcus that you would be happy to take it to her, so you could’ve staged the whole thing, and make yourself a hero.”

“I did no such thing. I wanted to come by your house with the necklace, but Marcus told me Robin wasn’t home. I then asked for the address, because I knew how much Robin wanted to have it back. I had no way of knowing that Robin wasn’t home.”

“Maybe not, but you still had time to call the intruder and have him go to the house, and beat up the girls before you arrived to save the day.” Irina shook her head in disbelief.

“How dare you.” Both Irina and Chase turned towards the door to see Nadia standing there. She was furious at Chase

“Agent Bristow this is no concern of yours.”

“No concern of mine? She my mother and you’re accusing her of having something to do with what happened to Robin and her friend. Don’t tell me this is no concern of mine.”

“I would not take that tone with me.”

“Yeah, well I don’t give a damn what you think.”

“Agent Bristow, you do realize that you’re talking to a director, right?”

“And you do realize who my father is, right? And you do know the lengths he’ll go to, to protect his family, right? So don’t you dare threaten me, because you know that you don’t want to deal with my father.” Chase gaped a little at Nadia. “I can’t believe you. Robin is practically your stepdaughter, and instead of being happy that nothing really horrible happened to her, and being thankful that my mother showed up just in time, you believe that she played a part in this whole thing. Do you have any idea how sick that is?”

“You’re aware of your mother’s history, just as much as I am. Therefore I have every reason to believe that she’s not as good as she claims to be.”

“Yes, I am, and history is the operative word. Everything she’s ever done is in the past. She’s worked for the CIA for almost five years, and not once has she done something wrong. Stop living in the past and join the rest of us in the present.” Chase gaped at her even more for a few seconds. She then sent Irina a cold, angry glare and walked out the door without saying anything else. Irina walked over to Nadia and hugged her.

“Breathe sweetheart.” Nadia’s breathing slowed down after being so worked up over Chase.

“I can’t believe her. She has no business accusing you of anything. Especially not when you saved Robin’s life. I really felt like hitting her.” Irina chuckled a little and kissed Nadia on the side of the head.

“Thank you for sticking up for me.” She took Nadia’s face in her hands and kissed her cheek. Nadia smiled back at her.

“Of course mom. Always. But you should really have said something to Chase. You shouldn’t let her talk to you like that.”

“I know, but I don’t want to make things more complicated for Marcus. He would suffer the most if I started talking back to Chase. And Stephen and Robin would suffer too.”

“I know mom.”

“Why don’t we get back to work, before you father comes back.”

“Sure.” They hugged one more time before sitting down and going back to work. While working Irina wondered if Chase would ever feel differently about her.

TBC

Great update!

Weiss and Vaughn didn't remember it was April Fool's Day. Hilarious! :lol:

I predict that Chase is going to be a lot of trouble, but Irina really needs to start talking back.

-Liisbet-

Loved Irina kicking the rapist butt. I wish irina would kick chase's ass, but that wouldn't be very helpful. I can't believe that bitch thought irina had something to do with robin and her friend almost getting raped. Vaughn and eric so deserved the april fools prank, that part was hilarious.

I love Jack to death but this time he's lucky that the guys let go of it. In my book that would mean war. :Ph34r: and Chase is really being ridiculous. Thanks for the quick update. :smiley:

Victor Garber wore the tie at the ABC's Upfronts a while ago. You can find pictures of this on Getty Images.
Hey, can you give me the link? I'd love to see that.

Ha! April Fool's Day :lol: And Vaughn and Weiss was sooo funny. ^_^

Huh, Chase is being so Chase! :angry:

Next chapter is here. I hope you'll enjoy it. Happy reading and thank you so much for doing that and for the very lovely comments. Everything is greatly appreciated. :smiley:

TheDerevkoGirl: I'm glad you liked it. No they were too busy preparing for the assignment and the fact that they had to get up really early didn't help either. Chase might not really be in big trouble. Irina doesn't want to get her in trouble, because that would only make Chase more mad. But yeah, Irina should really talk back, but I wonder if she ever will.

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: Yeah, good thing Irina showed up when she did. No, she can't really kick Chase's butt. Chase doesn't really think that Irina set the incident with Robin up, but she'll say whatever she has to provoke Irina, and see if she can't provoke her anger. She thinks that if she can provoke her anger, it means that Irina will turn bad. She doesn't like that Irina is so well-liked. It's not that she's jealous. I don't mean it to sound like Chase is some brat, who can't stand that someone else is more popular. But Chase just only sees Irina as someone bad, and refuses to see that she's good. Yeah, they guys sure deserved it. :lol: Glad you thought it was hilarious.

Sydney Derevko Bristow: They'll continue to tease Jack every chance they get, but they would never think about getting back at him, with pulling a prank that's just as cruel. Not only is he their boss, but he's also their father-in-law, and of course Jack Bristow. They'd be too afraid to pull a prank on him. :lol: Yes, she should learn that Irina has changed. You're welcome. I'm surprised I was able to update so fast. :lol:

nicewoman: I'm glad you liked April Fool's Day. Yeah, unfortunately Chase still doesn't think that Irina has changed.

Chapter 9
Four days later Kendall was going over some work with Sydney, Nadia, and Marshall at APO. “So, Marshall you’ve got the surveillance covered?”

“Yes, absolutely.” Kendall looked at Nadia.

“And you make sure to call our team, so that they can intercept.”

“Yes.”

“Sydney you’re responsib….”

“What a nice little gathering you have here.” They all turned to see Katya standing there. Everyone but Kendall smiled at her and said hi. Kendall gave her a neutral look.

“I’ll be with you in a second.” He turned around to everyone else.

“So, Sydney you’r…”

“It’s a very lovely day outside. Wouldn’t you all agree?” Kendall rolled his eyes, turned to her and spoke politely.

“Katya we’re a little busy. Could you just wait a second? We’re almost done with this.” He turned back to the others again. “As I was saying Sydne…”

“I guess you haven’t been much in the sun, because your head is quite pale.” He gave out a frustrated grunt and looked at her annoyed. His voice was as annoyed as his expression.

“Katya please. Just be quiet for a few minutes until we’re done.” She cocked an eyebrow at him. He turned around towards the others again.

“Now Sydney, like I wa…”

“You really haven’t learned any manners yet. You shouldn’t talk that way to a woman.” He let out a frustrated grunt and was about to lose his temper, when he suddenly realized something. He turned around and smirked at her.

“Who let you in?” She was taken aback by his sudden change.

“Excuse me?”

“I asked you, who let you in. I’m supposed to sign you in. If I’m not here, then the only other people, who can sign you in, are Jack and Marcus. But I know they didn’t sign you in, because they both left the office an hour ago, and they won’t be coming back here for the rest of the day. So, I ask again. Who let you in?” She got annoyed.

“What does that have to do with anything?” He crossed his arms and cocked an eyebrow at her.

“Answer the question.” She got a little mad.

“Fine. One of the guards let me in, because he knows how idiotic it is that you still have to sign me in.” He smirked at her.

“You just broke your pardoning agreement.” She gaped at him and got angry.

“I did not break my agreement. It’s not my fault that the guard signed me in.”

“Oh sure it’s not.” He rolled his eyes and smirked at her again. “You know how it goes. You have to wait at the entrance, so I can sign you in. That’s the deal, and you broke it. I’m sure you charmed the guard into letting you in, and he couldn’t say no. The guard will be held responsible too, but regardless of him letting you in, you still broke your agreement because you should’ve waited.” He smirked at her even more, and she got even angrier. “Marshall, get me security.” She gaped at him and so did everyone else.

“Uh, um, Kendall, I don’t know. Maybe you shoul….”

“Marshall, get me security now.” Marshall swallowed and then nodded a few times.

“Yes, of course. Right away.”

“You can’t do that to me.” Kendall laughed a little and then smirked at Katya.

“Oh yes I can.” A few seconds later two security guards came up to Kendall. He spoke to them but never took his eyes off of Katya. “Take her to interrogation room two, and make sure she stays there.” The security guards looked at Kendall a little confused.

“Sir?” He looked at them and nodded.

“Do as I say.” They motioned for Katya to follow them, but Kendall put a hand up to stop them. “Ms. Derevko broke her pardoning agreement, so in the eyes of the law, she’s a criminal. You will not let her walk on her own to the interrogation room. Take hold of her, and lock the door to the interrogation room. And under no circumstances are you to let her out.” They hesitated. “Now.” When Kendall raised his voice they took hold of Katya. She stared Kendall down coldly.

“How dare you. This was a minor thing. It can hardly be called a violation of my pardoning agreement.” He smirked at her even more.

“I’ll come and talk to you when I can.” He then turned around to Sydney, Nadia, and Marshall, while the security guards took Katya away. They all shook their heads in disbelief of what Kendall had just done.

“I can’t believe you did that.”

“Believe it. Now let’s get back to work.”

An hour later Vaughn walked into Kendall’s office with a report, he’d finished. Kendall was in the middle of doing a crosswords puzzle, and Vaughn looked at him a little oddly when he walked in.

“Here’s the report.” Kendall didn’t look up from what he was doing.

“Thanks. Just put it on my desk.” Vaughn nodded and did what he said. He then stood and looked for a few seconds.

“What are you doing?” Kendall still didn’t look up.

“If you can’t see what I’m doing, then either you’re not cut out for a job in intelligence or you need glasses.” Vaughn let out a small laugh.

“I can see that you’re doing a crossword puzzle.”

“Congratulations. You get to keep your job, and you have perfect sight.” Vaughn let out another laugh and shook his head.

“You know, sometimes you’re acting a lot like Jack.” Kendall smirked, still not having looked up from what he was doing.

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” Vaughn rolled his eyes smiling.

“I meant, why are you doing a crosswords puzzle? Shouldn’t you be talking to Katya?”

“I’m allowed to breaks, and right now I’m on one. Having to talk to Katya is part of my job, so I have no intention of wasting my break on talking to her.”

“So you’ll be talking to her after your break is over?”

“No. You just gave me some work to look over, so when my break is over, I’ll be looking at that.”

“You know she’s only going to get pissed the longer you keep her waiting.”

“I really don’t care. Now if you have nothing more important to talk to me about, please leave.” Vaughn let out another laugh and nodded.

“Okay. Enjoy your break.” Kendall looked up at Vaughn and smiled at him.

“Thank you.”

An hour later Sydney and Nadia walked into Kendall’s office.

“Kendall do you have a minute?” He looked at them and smiled.

“Yes, of course. What’s up?”

“We just wanted to let you know that it was a success. Everything went as planned and the guy is now in custody.”

“Good work.” Nadia handed him a folder.

“Here’s a report of the events.”

“Thank you. I’ll take a look at it now.” Sydney and Nadia looked at each other, and then looked back at Kendall.

“You’re going to look at it now?” He nodded.

“Yes. Why, is there a problem with that?”

“No, not really. But shouldn’t you be talking to Katya? You haven’t done that yet, have you?”

“No I haven’t. But I’m not going to talk to her just yet.”

“You do know that she’s going to be really pissed the longer you make her wait, right?”

“Yes, I’m well aware of that, but I don’t care. She broke her pardoning agreement, so I’ll get to her when I can.” Sydney and Nadia looked at Kendall a little concerned.

“Yes technically she broke her agreement, but you’re not really going to let that matter, are you?”

“She’s a great asset to the CIA. She can’t really go back to jail for the rest of her life for a minor thing like this.”

“I have no intention of sending her back to jail for the rest of her life. But what I am going to do, is make her wait in that interrogation room until I have the time to go and see her. Then I’m going to talk to her and make her understand her agreement.” They nodded and smiled at Kendall.

“Okay.”

“Well, we should be going. See you tomorrow.” He smiled back at them.

“See you tomorrow girls.”

An hour and a half later one of the guards let Kendall into the interrogation room Katya was being held in. She was walking around the room angry. She looked at the door when Kendall walked in and got even angrier.

“Have a seat Ms. Derevko.” She didn’t sit down. “The sooner you sit down, the sooner we can get this over with, and you’ll know what’s going to happen to you.” She waited a few seconds but then sat down across from him at the table. He was about to speak when she cut him off before he could even get started.

“You’ve had me locked up in here for three and a half hours without anything to drink or eat, and without letting me go the restroom. That is a total lack of respect.” He gave her neutral look.

“I’ve had work to attend to that was more important. And since you broke your agreement, you’re a criminal, so you can’t expect to be treated with respect.” She stared at him coldly.

“That is absolutely bullshit and you know it. You’ve had your fun. Now let me out of here.”

“I can’t let you go before we go over your agreement, so that you know that you have to wait for me to sign you in every time you arrive at APO.” He took out a folder and opened it. “This is a copy of your agreement. Now if you’ll look here.” He indicated the place he wanted her to look at with his finger. “You’ll see that it says that yo….” She threw the folder down on the floor harshly and yelled at him.

“I know damn well what my agreement says.” He stared back at her angrily.

“If you don’t corporate, we’ll be here longer than we have to.” She pushed her chair back roughly and got up.

“I’ve already been here longer than I have to. Just let me go. Now.”

“Sit down.”

“No I won’t.” He got up from his chair and walked over to her.

“Sit down now. I’m not asking again.”

“I will not sit down.” He took a hold of her arm gently, but she escaped his grab on her, and instead she twisted his arm on his back and threw him down against the table, pinning him down. “You should’ve let me go when I told you to.”

“Guard. Guard.” Kendall yelled for the guards and in two seconds two guards came in. “Get her off of me.” The guards grabbed a hold of Katya. She tried to wiggle away, but she couldn’t. Kendall stared at her coldly for a second and then grabbed the handcuffs from one of the guards. Katya stared back at him just as coldly.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Without saying anything, Kendall went around to her back and cuffed her hands. “You can’t do this. Let go of me.” He went around, so that he could look at her.

“Yes, I can. You just attacked me, which is another violation of your agreement.” He looked at the guards. “Take her to the secret operation facility and lock her up for the night.” She gaped and he looked back at her. “Maybe by tomorrow, you’ll have cooled down.” The guards hesitated for a few seconds, and Kendall got angry. “Take her away now. That’s an order.” They nodded and took her away.

“You bastard. You can’t do this. You can’t do this.” Katya was yelling after him, even when the guards had taken her out of the room. Kendall let out a frustrated grunt and kicked one of the chairs. He gathered himself for a few minutes before picking up the folder and walking out of the room.

Later in the evening at Jack and Irina were making out on the couch when the phone rang. They let it ring for a while, but when it kept ringing Jack let out a frustrated groan and Irina sighed.

“I think you better get that sweetheart.” Jack nodded and reluctantly went to answer the phone.

“Bristow.”

“Director Bristow, it’s agent Holloway from the secret operation facility.”

“Yes, what is it?”

“We have Katya Derevko in custody.” Jack’s eyes widened.

“You have what?” Irina looked at him curiously and he put the speaker on so that she could hear.

“Yes, apparently she and assistant director Kendall got into an argument. She went to APO and had a guard sign her in, without notifying assistant director Kendall. He then made her wait in an interrogation room for more than three hours, because not having him sign her in is a violation of her agreement. When he then went to talk to her, she attacked him somehow. Assistant director Kendall thought that she should spend the night in jail. I don’t know the whole story sir, but I think that was pretty much what happened.” Jack and Irina stared wide eyed at each other in disbelief and then shook their heads.

“Okay. So why are you calling me?”

“Ms. Derevko said to call you. She said that as the director of APO, you have the over all responsibility of all the staff and therefore you can get her out of jail tonight. And she also said you’d do it, because you’re her brother-in-law. So, should I let her out sir?” He looked at Irina for a few seconds.

“I’m going to put you on hold and get back to you.”

“Yes, sir.” Jack put the agent on hold and looked at Irina. She shook her head and rolled her eyes.

“I can’t believe those two. I mean, it’s one little thing to have him sign her in, so why couldn’t she just wait for him.”

“I don’t know. So why did you put the agent on hold? Why didn’t you just give him an answer right away?” Jack shrugged.

“Because, I don’t know what to tell him. Yes, Katya is my sister-in-law, and I do have overall responsibility of APO. But she’s mainly Kendall’s responsibility. But I don’t know what to make of this whole situation. He made her wait for more than three hours, which I assume made her so pissed at him that she attacked him somehow. But I still don’t know what to do.”

“So the reason you didn’t give the agent an answer, is because Katya is my sister and you want to know what I think, and really tell you what to do.” He smiled a little embarrassed.

“Yeah, basically.” She laughed a little and shook her head at him.

“Okay. Well, Katya should’ve waited for Kendall to sign her in. But the guard, who signed her in, should’ve stood his ground and refused. Anyway, my guess is that she then provoked Kendall, and that let him to have her wait for three hours. Now if he wanted to avoid her getting even angrier with him, he shouldn’t have made her wait for that long. However, there’s absolutely no reason for her to attack him. And she did also have the agent call us and interrupt us when we were having such a good time.” She wiggled her eyes at him and he laughed.

“So you think she should spend the night in jail?”

“I don’t really want to see my sister locked up, but just this once I’m okay with it. She should learn to go about certain things differently.” He nodded and got back on the phone with agent Holloway.

“Agent Holloway.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Tell Ms. Derevko that you were unable to get a hold of me and that you tried twice. Tell her that after that, you didn’t want to disturb me anymore at this hour, and that she’ll have to spend the night in jail.”

“Yes, sir. Thank you for your time and I’m sorry to have bothered you.”

“One more thing.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Since Ms. Derevko is technically a criminal at this time, you should not accommodate any of her wishes. When she told you to call me, you should’ve refused. Is that understood?”

“Yes, sir. Sorry sir.”

“Good. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight sir.” Jack hung up the phone and Irina let out a laugh.

“Covering yourself Jack?” He laughed a little too.

“Yeah. I can’t very well have Katya know that agent Holloway talked to me, and that I refused to let her go. And she’s technically a criminal, so he shouldn’t pay any attention to her wishes.” They laughed a little and Irina gave him a kiss. He smiled but then looked a little puzzled.

“What’s wrong?”

“Well, I just don’t get it.”

“Get what?”

“Katya wasn’t scheduled to be at APO today. If she was I would know about it. So why did she show up there today? I know that it’s Sydney’s birthday tomorrow, and that she’d be here for that, but that still doesn’t explain why she was at APO. She doesn’t usually help out with work there, when she doesn’t have to but is still in town. Do you know why she was at APO? Did she say anything to you?” Irina shook her head.

“No, she hasn’t said anything to me.” Jack still looked puzzled and Irina kissed his cheek. “Why don’t we get back to what we were doing before we were so rudely interrupted?” He smiled back at her and they went back to making out.

The next day at APO Kendall walked into Jack’s office. He and Irina had just arrived and were both in the office.

“Morning. Do you two have a minute? I need to talk to you about something.” They looked at him and smiled.

“Would it have anything to do with having Katya locked up?” He was stunned to hear what Jack just told him.

“How do you know about that?”

“Katya had an agent call us at home last night. She wanted me to let her out.” Kendall gaped.

“What?” Jack let out a small laugh.

“She thought that I would agree to let her out, because I’m her brother-in-law and the boss of APO.” Kendall rolled his eyes annoyed. “I didn’t let her out. She’s still locked up.” That surprised him.

“You didn’t let her out?” Jack shook his head. “Why not?”

“Because, you’re the one that gave the order for her to be locked up, and that order should not be questioned. And technically she broke her agreement. From what agent Holloway told us, she apparently attacked you.” Kendall nodded. “He gave us a pretty thorough description of what happened, but do you mind telling us yourself?”

“I was in the middle of explaining the details of an operation to Sydney, Nadia, and Marshall when Katya walked in and interrupted me. I told her to just wait until I was finished and then I’d get back to her. Well, she kept interrupting. I guess when I still didn’t pay attention to her after a while, she got annoyed and she started throwing remarks at me. I was about to get mad, but then realized that I hadn’t signed her in. I asked her who let her in, since I hadn’t and it was my job to do so, and that you or Marcus couldn’t have done it, because you weren’t here. When she finally told me one of the guards let her in, I told her she broke her agreement, and I had Marshall, call security, and had them take her to one of the interrogation rooms. She got upset about that, and I guess it didn’t really help when I told the guards to take hold of her, because she was a criminal at the time, having broken her agreement.” Both Jack’s and Irina’s eyes widen a little as Kendall went on. “I made her wait for three and a half hours, without giving her anything to drink or eat and without letting her go to the restroom. I could’ve gotten to her sooner, but also wanted to make her wait. When I got there my intentions were not to throw her in jail for life for this minor incident, but merely have her look at her agreement, and annoy her a little by going through it thoroughly. Well, she threw the copy of the agreement on the ground, pushed her chair back and got up. I told her to sit down, and after she refused a few times, I gently grabbed her by the arm, wanting her to sit down. She then twisted my arm, threw me down on the table, and pinned me down. She might’ve backed off a few seconds later after having grabbed me, but I got really pissed by her reaction that I just called out for the guards immediately. They grabbed a hold of her, and I cuffed her.” Irina shook her head stunned.

“You cuffed her?” He nodded.

“Yeah, sorry about that. Anyway, after having cuffed her, I told the guards to take her to the secret operation facility and lock her up for the night. I know that I could’ve handle the situation better, and that I might not have needed to put her in the interrogation room in the first place. But for once I just wanted to annoy her as much as she annoys me.”

“Don’t be sorry about cuffing Katya or locking her up. My sister needs to learn to go about some things differently.” Kendall smiled back at Irina.

“Thank you for taking my side.” He looked at Jack. “So, what about you?”

“If I wasn’t on your side, I would’ve let Katya out last night. She interrupted something important, and she should’ve waited those few minutes before you could talk to her. Maybe you could’ve made her understand better that what you were working on was really important, and I’m sure she would’ve waited. But I can also understand that since she’s always throwing remarks at you, you wanted to get back at her. I’m sure you’d know that locking her up for that long would only piss her off more and more. But again, with the remarks she throws at you, I can understand why you let her wait that long. And there’s absolutely no reason for her to attack you. Maybe like you said, she would’ve let you go, but still she attacked you. And I can’t really blame you for locking her up. Though, she’ll probably be even more pissed at you now.” Jack couldn’t help but laugh a little and Kendall rolled his eyes. Irina shook her head a little at Jack, but also couldn’t help but laugh a little.

“Yeah, I’m sure she’ll be even more of a handful now.”

“Since we’re on your side, you have to be on our side too.” Kendall looked at Jack a little confused.

“What do you mean?”

“I told the agent last night to tell Katya that he was unable to get in touch with us. The three of us and that agent are the only ones, who know that the agent got in touch with us, and that I refused to let Katya out. You can’t tell Katya that I refused to let her out. Not even if you end of yelling at each other, and you want someone else to take the heat for her spending the night locked up.” Kendall rolled his eyes.

“Jack of course I’ll keep quiet.”

“Good. Then I think you and I should go and pick up Katya now. I think she’s spent enough time being locked up.” Kendall sighed and Jack laughed a little. “Hey, I’m not looking forward to going either. She’ll probably come down hard on me for not getting her out, but you’re her contact person, so you have to be there. I’m going as a to support you, and because I’m the head of APO.” Kendall nodded.

“Yeah, I know I have to go. And I appreciate you coming too. I’d hate to be in the car alone with her.” Irina laughed a little.

“Are you scared of her?” He shook his head.

“No I’m not. But she’ll either give me the silent treatment or throw remarks at me. Either way I can at least talk to Jack in the car.” Jack and Irina both laughed.

“Okay, let’s go.” Jack turned to Irina. “Could you tell Marcus that we’re going, and about the situation?” She nodded. “Just leave out the part with me not wanting to let her out. Let’s all just stick to the story that the agent last night wasn’t able to get a hold of me. I don’t want everyone to know and risk that someone talks about it while Katya is around.” They all laughed a little.

“I’ll make sure not to say anything about that.” Jack and Kendall nodded and left to go and get Katya.

When Jack and Kendall walked down to the cell Katya was in, they looked at each other as the gates opened.

“This sure brings back memories.” They both smiled a little and a few seconds later they stood by Irina’s old cell. Katya turned to look at them when she heard the footsteps had stopped. She went up to the glass and stared at them both angrily.

“Hi Katya. How are you?” Jack smiled at her, but she still looked at him angrily.

“Why didn’t you answer the phone last night? You should’ve been here to get me out of this place.”

“Irina and I went for a walk at the end of the back yard. We didn’t hear the phone ring, and I was only just informed when Kendall and I arrived that you had an agent call the house.” She eyed him seeing if he was telling the truth. But she couldn’t tell that he wasn’t.

“What is he doing here?” She didn’t look at Kendall.

“He’s your contact person, so he has to be here. He’s also the reason you’re here, so we’re all going to talk about what happened yesterday.”

“I have nothing to say to him. Just let me out. I want to go to your house, have a shower and rest for a while.”

“Katya I’m not letting you out until we’ve all talked.” She gaped at Jack and he motioned for the guard, who went with them, to open the door. Jack and Kendall stepped inside and Jack turned around to the guard. “You can go now.” The guard gave Jack a nod and left. Katya looked at them coldly.

“Fine then talk, so I can get out of here.”

“Kendall told me that when you arrived to APO yesterday, he was going through an important operation with Sydney, Nadia, and Marshall, and that you kept interrupting several times, even after he told you several times that he was busy. Is that correct or not?”

“I did not know that they were in the middle of going through an important operation. He never told me that.”

“But he did tell you that he was busy, right?” She waited a few seconds before answering through clenched teeth.

“Yes, he did.” Jack nodded.

“And you do know that you’re not allowed into APO without having Kendall sign you in, right? And that if you do, you’re in fact breaking you agreement?”

“I’ve been working for the CIA for more than four and a half years. He shouldn’t have to sign me in anymore.” Jack gave her a sincere smile.

“Just answer the question, Katya.” She rolled her eyes.

“Yes, I know that he’s supposed to sign me in before I’m allowed into APO, and that it’s against my agreement for me to just walk in.”

“Good. So the facts are that you had a guard sign you into APO, even though you knew it was against your agreement, and once inside you kept interrupting Kendall, even after he told you several times that he was busy. Correct?”

“Yes. Now that I’ve told you everything you already knew, can we go now?” Jack shook his head.

“No, not yet. There’s also the matter of what happened after. Since you broke your agreement, Kendall had every right to have you put in the interrogation room, so that he could talk to you later.”

“He had me locked in there for more than three hours, without as much as something to drink or eat. And I wasn’t allowed to go to the restroom. He also had the guards take hold of me. He should’ve let me walk on my own.”

“Since you broke your agreement, you were technically a criminal. Not technically even. You were a criminal, and you were treated as one. Kendall did everything by the book.” She stared coldly at Jack.

“Just whose side are you on?”

“I’m not on anyone’s side. I’m just stating the facts.”

“He still made me wait in there for longer than he would’ve made anyone else wait.” Jack nodded.

“That may very well be. But I’m sure that given your history, with you often throwing remarks at him, and also doing it this time that, that only made him have you wait even longer.”

“Yes, exactly. He wanted to get back at me, so he should be punished too.”

“But still, he didn’t do anything wrong, since you’re the one who broke your agreement.” She rolled her eyes. “Now getting to when he then came to talk to you. He wanted to explain your agreement to you, but you wouldn’t listen and threw the copy on the agreement on the floor. Correct?”

“Yes.”

“Then after that you pushed your chair back and refused to sit down, when Kendall told you to do so several times. Is that correct too?”

“Yes.”

“Now, from what Kendall told me, he gently grabbed your arm, wanting you to have a seat. Is that also how you see it, or do you feel, he grabbed you too hard?” She briefly glanced at Kendall, and then shook her head.

“No, he didn’t grab me too hard at all.”

“Okay. So since he didn’t grab you too hard, why did you feel the need to twist his arm on his back, throw him down on the table and pin him down?”

“He had made me wait for more than three hours. He was toying with me, and I didn’t like it.”

“So basically you wanted to toy with him too, which is why you attacked him?”

“Yes.”

“You didn’t intend to hurt him.” She rolled her eyes.

“No, of course not. I was just pissed that he had made me wait.”

“So had he not called the guards, you would’ve let him go?”

“Yes, of course. I’d already spent enough time in the interrogation room and all I wanted was to get out of there.” She looked at Kendall. “But no. You had to call the guards, cuff me, and make me spend the night in here.” He looked back at her just as angrily.

“You should never have attacked me in the first place. You didn’t leave me any choice but to call for the guards.” She rolled her eyes.

“You’re such a whiny little girl. If you had more of a spine, then you would’ve been able to get free yourself. But no, you had to cry for help like a little girl.” Jack shook his head.

“Okay that’s enough. You two can throw remarks at each other later.” Kendall and Katya stared each other down for a few seconds before they both looked at Jack. “Even though you would’ve let him go, you still broke your agreement again by attacking him. Kendall was within his rights to have you locked up for the night. And in fact, he has every right to have you locked up for the rest of your life with the way you acted.” Jack turned to Kendall. “Kendall, do you want to go further with this matter, and take actions against Katya, so that she’ll spend the rest of her life in prison?” Katya stared at him and he remained silent for a few seconds before answering. He looked at Jack.

“Of course not.” He then looked at Katya. “All I wanted was to have you look at your agreement for five minutes. Five minutes. I just wanted to go over your agreement and keep annoying you a little with showing you the details of your agreement, and point out that I have to sign you in when you arrive at APO. That was it. You would’ve been free to go after that, and I would’ve had my fun. But you went and screwed it up and attacked me. I might’ve made you wait for too long, but at least have a little self control or dignity and not attack me. You talk about showing you respect. Well, you damn well didn’t show me any respect by attacking me. You deserved your night in here, and if you ever behave out of line like that again, I won’t hesitate to have you locked up again.” She stared at him coldly. “That being said, I do not wish to see you locked up for the rest of your life. You’re a great asset to the CIA, and you do excellent work that the CIA can’t be without.” He looked at Jack again. “I think we can all agree that this matter has been dealt with and that there’s no need to make more out of it. There’s no need for this incident to go in her file. I’m not making a complaint against her, nor do I wish anyone else to. As far as I’m concerned, she’s been punished.” Jack nodded and then looked at Katya.

“You’re lucky. I won’t be making anymore out of the matter either. But you have to realize that Kendall has to sign you in whenever you come to APO, and that you can’t attack him, just because you’re pissed at him. Nor can you attack anyone else, if they piss you off. Are we clear on that?” He gave her a slight stern look, wanting her to know that he was serious. She looked at him and her anger faded some.

“Yes, we’re clear on that.” Jack nodded.

“Good, then let’s get out of here. Kendall and I have work we have to get back to.” He walked out of the cell first. Kendall and Katya looked at each other for a while, both still looking angrily at each other. Then Kendall left with Katya following him a few seconds later.

When they got to the parking lot and were about to get in the car, Kendall and Katya both went to sit up front. Katya stared angrily back at Kendall.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He stared back at her the same way.

“I’m sitting up front.”

“No, you’re not. I am.”

“No, you’re not. I am.”

“I’ve spent the night locked up thanks to you, so I should sit up front.”

“No, you spent the night locked up thanks to you. Jack and I are dropping you off at his place, so there’s no reason for me to sit in the back, and then change seats when you get out at the house.”

“You’re really pathetic. If you’re not able to change seats, then I suggest you check yourself into a nursing home, so that you have someone to get you in and out of your seat, and to feed you, bathe you, and clothe you.”

“I can get out of my seat just fine. But in this case there’s no point in me doing so, since you’re not going with us to APO. And if you can’t handle sitting in the back, then you’re the one who’s pathetic.”

They’d gotten more and more angry at each other and raising their voices more and more. Jack, who usually found it quite amusing whenever Kendall and Katya were throwing remarks at each other, was getting tired of them doing it now. He shook his head frustrated and jumped in the conversations just before Katya was about to throw another remark at Kendall.

“You’re both pathetic.” They both turned and looked at him, stunned of the slight angry tone to his voice. “I’m surprised neither of you yelled shotgun, when we approached the car. I do not have time to wait until one of you caves and gets in the backseat. Kendall you’re in the front, and Katya you’re in the back. I don’t want to hear one word out of either of you for the entire ride. Are we clear on that?” They still looked at him a little stunned, but also a little angrily. They were mostly still angry at each other, but Katya didn’t like that she was sitting in the back, and neither of them were happy about being told to be quiet. Jack gave them a stern look when they didn’t answer. “I said, are we clear on that?” Both Kendall and Katya breathed heavily before answering simultaneously.

“Yes.”

“Good. Now get in the car.” They looked at each other, still angrily, not one of them moving. Jack shook his head frustrated. “If you’re not in the car in five seconds, I’m leaving without you.” They gave Jack a quick angry look, before getting in the car. Once they were in Jack shook his head and mumbled to himself. “Freaking nightmare.”

Kendall and Katya had kept quiet the entire ride. Even Kendall had kept quiet from the ride from Jack’s house to APO. When they arrived to APO Jack had explained everything to Irina, and she couldn’t help but laugh a little from what Jack had told her happened in the parking lot. Jack and Kendall talked to each other later at APO, and Kendall apologized for his silly behavior about the matter of who should’ve sat in the backseat. When Jack and Irina had gotten home Katya had pulled Irina aside and asked why she and Jack didn’t answer the phone the night before. Irina had given the same answer as Jack, and after eyeing her sister for a while, Katya believed that to be the truth.

Later in the evening everyone went to Sydney and Vaughn’s house for Sydney’s birthday dinner. Kendall and Katya didn’t greet each other and everyone rolled their eyes slightly. When they went to sit down to eat, Nadia, and Eric helped to carry everything to the dining room, while Kendall went to the bathroom. He arrived to the dining room at the same time as Sydney, Vaughn, Nadia, and Eric were carrying the food to the dining room. He was about to sit down, when Eric stopped him.

“You can’t sit there.” Kendall looked at him confused.

“Why not?”

“Because, Nadia needs to help Becky with her food.” He nodded and looked for the next empty seat. Eric noticed which one he had his eyes on and stopped him. “You can’t take that either, because that’s the one closest to the bedroom David’s in.” He nodded and then looked at the two seats closest to the kitchen. Eric shook his head. “Can’t sit there either. Sydney and Vaughn are the hosts and need to be closest to the kitchen.” Kendall gave out a frustrated grunt at the only last available seat. It was between Katya and Carrie. He could tell she wasn’t thrilled about sitting next to him either, and he turned to Eric and whispered.

“I’m not sitting next to her. She attacked me yesterday, so for all I know, she’ll be spilling hot food on me, or putting her fork in my thigh.” Eric and Vaughn shook their heads.

“You don’t really have a choice. With so many small children here, who might need a hand, with their food, you have nowhere else to sit. Everything is arranged at the table, and we’re not going to start moving everyone around now to accommodate yours and Katya’s wishes. Besides, the food is on the table and warm, and if we move around, it’s only going to get cold.” Vaughn nodded.

“And it’s Sydney’s birthday, so you two are just going to have to suck it up, and put up with each other for as long as we’re sitting down to dinner.” He rolled his eyes giving out another frustrated grunt before sitting down next to Katya. She moved her chair a little away from him and they looked in opposite directions.

Katya and Kendall participated a little in the conversation throughout dinner, but they didn’t speak to each other or look at each other. However, they couldn’t keep it up, when Kendall needed the potatoes and they had ended up within Katya’s reach. Kendall tried to avoid having to ask her for the potatoes, but decided he couldn’t do it. He looked at his wine glass in front of him, when he asked her, speaking in as polite a tone as he could muster.

“Katya could you pass me the potatoes?” She kept eating, ignoring him. He breathed deeply and tried again. “Katya could you pass me the potatoes?” She still didn’t respond and he let out a frustrated grunt and shook his head. “You’re the one, who’s within reach of the potatoes, so could you pass me the potatoes?” She still refused and he finally looked at her. “I’ve asked you nicely to pass me the potatoes, so grow up. What do you want me to say? Pretty please?” She looked at him and gave him an icy stare.

“You’re one to talk about growing up. You couldn’t handle yourself yesterday, so you had to cry for help.” He returned the ice stare he was getting.

“And you’re the one, who couldn’t handle being locked up in the interrogation room for a little while without going all nuts.”

“And you’re the one, who couldn’t handle that I had a guard sign me in. Does it make you feel like a real macho man to sign me? Is that how you compensate for being a whining little girl?”

“Okay that’s it.” They both looked at Sydney, who had spoken a little harshly. “Just stop. This is not the time, nor the place for you two, to throw remarks at each other. If you can’t speak politely to each other and be civil around each other, than don’t talk at all. But if someone asks you for something, you give it to that person. Katya you’re within reach of the potatoes, and Kendall asked you for them nicely. So just give them to him, and let’s all continue to have a pleasant evening.” They waited for a few seconds before responding. Kendall gave her a small smile.

“I’m sorry Sydney. I didn’t mean to ruin your birthday.” Katya smiled at her too.

“I’m sorry too. I didn’t mean to ruin you day either.” Sydney smiled back.

“Thank you for apologizing. Now let’s get back to enjoying the evening.” They both nodded at her and Katya went back to eating. Kendall watched her and let out another frustrated grunt and shook his head. He didn’t want to ask for the potatoes again, since he’d already asked her for them several times. Sydney noticed and gave Katya a stern glare. “Katya, Kendall already asked for the potatoes several times, so give them to him.” Katya looked at Sydney and after waiting a few seconds she passed them on to him. He didn’t look at her.

“Thanks.” Katya and Kendall returned to eating and everyone else looked around each other rolling their eyes, with the exception of Irina, who watched her sister and Kendall.

The rest of the evening went pleasantly for everyone but Kendall and Katya. They stayed pretty much quiet after their argument during dinner. When everyone went home Sergei dropped Katya off at Jack and Irina’s place and Katya went straight to bed. Jack and Irina went to the kitchen after having tucked the triplets in bed. Jack looked at Irina shaking his head.

“I’m all for them throwing remarks at each other, but after yesterday’s events, I think they’ve gone a little too far. There’s no reason to act like that at Sydney’s birthday dinner.” Irina nodded.

“Yeah, I agree. But I’m sure that everything will be back to normal after a while.” Jack shook his head.

“For once I wish that they could just act like normal human beings around each other, and be polite to each other. That would be in the best interest for everyone.” Irina nodded and smiled a little.

“Yes, it really would. I’m sure that they’ll come around one day and be nice to each other.” He shook his head.

“I seriously doubt it.” He shook his head again and then looked at her and smiled. “We should probably get to bed.” She smiled back.

“Why don’t you go up. I’m just going to get a glass of water.” He kept smiling at her and then walked over to her and kissed her.

“Okay. See you upstairs in a few minutes.” She nodded.

“Yeah, I’ll be right up.” He left and she got herself a glass of water. As she drank the water, a small warm, smile spread across her lips. She kept smiling like that for a few seconds and nodding her head, before finishing her water and going upstairs.

Somewhere the two men set out to destroy Jack and Irina were going over their plans.

“I must admit that this is a brilliant plan.”

“Yes, it is. Now all we have to do is make sure that they’re not around for us to make the final preparations.”

“Of course. And I’m pretty sure that won’t be a problem.”

“No, it won’t be a problem at all.”

“And our newest member will be most helpful, I’m sure.”

“He doesn’t have a choice. He knows that we won’t hesitate to hurt the people he loves, if he doesn’t do as we tell him to.”

“So all we have to do now is come up with a place where we know, they’ll be for a few days.”

“Yes absolutely. It might take a few days to come up with a secluded place, but I know that we’ll find the perfect place.”

“Of course we will.”

TBC

Does irina keep smiling to herself because she thinks her sister has a thing for kendall? An I think the two men are cuvee/sloane with sark being the one they are trying to blackmail into helping, I can dream can't I?lol Great update.

Oh boy -- I get to read one more chapter in your story before I go on a 2-week vacation.

And you're leaving me with a cliffhanger -- who are the 2 men?!?

I cant believe that Katya and Kendall started arguing over the front seat! :lol:

"Freaking nightmare."
Jack, you're absolutely right! :D

Every time I read about the mysterious men you write about, my skin starts to crawl! :thinking:

-Liisbet-

I think Kendall and Katya has gone a bit too far with their hostility to each other. :rolleyes:

“He doesn’t have a choice. He knows that we won’t hesitate to hurt the people he loves, if he doesn’t do as we tell him to.”
I hope they're not threatening Sergei. :thinking: When are you going to reveal this 2 bad guys? :blink:

Can't wait for more.

I am finally getting a chance to catch up. Took a two week trip with the family before the kids have to be back at school and am trying to get back in to working 12 hour nightshift. I really enjoyed the updates and am looking foward to the next update.

I'll be on vacation for the next three and a half weeks, so I won't be able to update. I had hoped to have posted another chapter, but I haven't had the time to write, because I'm been busy cleaning my apartment and packing. It'll probably be four weeks or more before you'll get the next chapter, because I've hardly written a thing on it. I'll also have to see when I have the time to write on the story when I get back, so I can't really make any promises for the next update. I thought I'd just comment on you comments now. :smiley: Until next time, take care and enjoy yourselves, and thank you very much for reading and commenting. It means a lot. :smiley:

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: There's a reason why Irina's smiling, but it's not because she thinks that Katya has a thing for Kendall. I'm not giving anything away in regards to the two men, but you're certainly allowed dream. :lol: Thank you. :smiley:

AliasMuse: Have a great vacation. :smiley: Yes, I am leaving you with a cliffhanger. :lol: The next chapter also ends with a cliffhanger, so you're lucky that I didn't have time to write it, because it would've taken a long time for me to post the next one. :lol: I'm not saying who those two men are. :lol: I don't reveal things.

TheDerevkoGirl: Yes, he is. :lol: My skin starts to crawl too, regarding those two men, and believe me, your skin is crawling for a reason.

SydneyDerevkoBristow: That might be fun, but Chase hasn't broken any laws, so she can't be locked up. :lol: Thank you, though some times I don't think I update that quickly. Anyway, the next update will be in about a month.

nicewoman: Who says they're hostile towards each other? But they are acting childish. :lol: I know whether or not it's Sergei, but I won't be telling you. :lol: It's going to be a while before you'll find out about that. It'll probably be 5-6 chapters from now before you know, who they are. Or maybe more chapters. I really can't tell, since I don't know how long the chapters will be and how much I'll be including. I have a general idea, but I tend to add a lot. :lol: But you know me; I don't reveal anything. :lol:

sleepy1t: I wondered where you were. :lol: Hope you had a nice trip. :smiley: I'm glad you enjoyed the updates. Sorry that it'll be so long before the next one. But now I'm going on vacation. :lol:

chapter 6:
this is as far as i've gotten and it is great

i think Katya was just lonely and she wanted someone to talk to on Valentine's Day instead of working on a report

Back