It Was For The Best - Part 2

can't wait to see what Sark says to Syd...
I don't think Sark is necessarily good, just that whatever deal he strikes with Syd is gonna be better than working for Cuvee and Sloane.
Great Update
Thanks for the pm.

Sark is a good guy? :thinking: Or is he wanted something from Syd?

Long and nice update. :smiley: Although I think I skipped the "throw up part".
Sloane and Cuvee are a very very sick people! :angry:

It Was For The Best - Part 2.

Next chapter is here. I hope you'll enjoy it. Thank you for reading and commenting. It means a lot. :smiley:

texasalias2004: Thank you very much for thinking that. :blush: Sloane is not about to give any good news to the team at APO - Sloane's definitely not on the side of good. I'm doing the best I can with the updates, but it's definitely after Thanksgiving. :LOL:

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: Yes, Sark is. Yeah, they do the same to me.

Sydney Derevko Bristow: Yes, I am.

sydneymicheal: Hope you'll like what he has to say. He was forced to work with Sloane and Cuvee and he's not really out to make a deal with the people at APO. Thank you. :smiley:

nicewoman: Yes, he is. He wants them to rescue Jack, Irina, and the triplets. Glad you think so - don't blame you for skipping that part. Yes, they most certainly are.

Chapter 22
Sydney stared a little wide eyed at the sound of Sark’s voice. Everyone looked at her wondering who was on the other end of the line. Then Sydney got furious.

“Where the hell, are my parents and siblings, Sark? You better not be calling to taunt us. You better be calling to make a deal, so that we can get them back.” Everyone looked wide eyed at Sydney with the mention of Sark’s name.

“It’s Sark?”

“Why’s he calling and not Sloane or Cuvee?” Sydney shrugged.

“I can hear voices in the background, so I assume that you’re at work. Can you put me on speaker? It’s really important and urgent that you all listen to what I’m calling you about.”

“It damn well better be important.” Sydney looked at the others. “He wants to be put on speaker.” Marshall got the equipment needed to hook up Sydney’s phone so everyone could listen and talk to Sark. He placed the phone in the middle of the table and nodded at Dixon and Kendall. Dixon put his hands on the table and leaned in closer to the phone.

“Sark, this is Assistant Director Dixon. What are your demands?”

“I don’t have any demands. I’m calling to tell you how to rescue Irina, Jack, and the children.” Sydney shook her head angrily.

“That’s bullshit. You don’t do anything out of the goodness of your heart.”

“No, I admit that, that’s not been my thing in the past, but I’m a change man.”

“Is that your idea of a joke? You were in the video that was sent to us. You’re working with Sloane and Cuvee. This is just some sick and twisted attempt to trap us. But you can forget it, because it won’t work.”

“Sydney I can understand that none of you are willing to believe that I’m telling you the truth, but I swear I am. I never worked with Sloane and Cuvee voluntarily. They forced me.” Sark started to get a little desperate with not being able to get through to them.

“Forced you? The last time we saw you, you helped Sloane escape from Mongolia. You’re working with them. Just admit it.”

“Mongolia was five years ago. I stopped working with Sloane nearly a year after Mongolia. I thought he would treat me as an equal, but instead I was nothing but his lackey. He used me and I was nearly killed on several occasions on suicidal missions that he sent me on.”

“Tell it to someone who gives a damn about you.”

“Look, Sloane was not happy with me leaving. Especially not with his injured knee. He had trouble getting around back then. He swore he’d get his revenge on me, and he did about three months ago when he kidnapped me, my girlfriend, and our daughter.”

Everyone stared wide eyed at the phone. They then looked around at each other, shocked at what Sark had just told them. They then looked down at the phone again. After a few seconds Eric broke the silence.

“I’m sorry, but your what?”

“After leaving Sloane I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know whether to continue as a criminal, or if I should try to see if I could get a legal job or stay in hiding forever. I traveled for a few months deciding what to do and that’s when I met my girlfriend. It might sound like a fairytale or something taken out of a movie, but I fell in love with her the moment I saw her, and she changed my life. After spending a few weeks together, I told her everything about myself, and she helped me turn my life around. I’ve lived a crime free life for the past four years, and about a month before we were captured by Sloane, our daughter was born.” Vaughn shook his head in disbelief.

“You actually reproduced?” Sark snapped at Vaughn.

“This is no time for jokes Mr. Vaughn.” Vaughn snapped back.

“I wasn’t trying to be funny. I just don’t buy into you having a child.”

“People change. Irina killed your father, and you’ve hated her for years for doing that. Yet now, you seem to be getting along perfectly fine. Fact is that people change. The CIA changed their minds about Irina when they let her work for them, and Irina changed when she got her family back. I changed when I found love. The fact is that I have a girlfriend and a daughter that I haven’t seen since they kidnapped us.” Sark’s voice broke and they could hear him getting emotional. “We were on holiday in Paris. It was stupid really, because I’m still a wanted man, but we wanted to go there. Unfortunately, Cuvee had some of his men there and they spotted us. They took pictures of us, and gave them to Cuvee. His men kept track of us, and shortly thereafter we were kidnapped. Cuvee and Sloane told me that if I ever wanted to see my family again, I would do what they told me to do. If I didn’t follow their orders, they’d kill my girlfriend and daughter. I had no other choice than to do as they said.”

“So say for a minute that we believe you and that you’re actually calling to help. How did you get away from them and what about your family?”

“Sloane and Cuvee went to town to relax for the day. I convinced them that I had changed and that I wanted to work with them for real. I asked them to let me go and get the last documents needed for brainwashing the triplets, thereby also asking for a few days off where I would be accompanied by guards. They were reluctant at first, but bought into my story and let me go. When they left I told the guards that we weren’t leaving for another four hours. All the time I’ve been with Sloane and Cuvee, I’ve been locked in a room and only been let out whenever they needed me. I’ve had time to crawl through the vent and found their office this way. Once I was on my own in my room, I started to crawl through the vent, and went to their office. I knew the combination to the safe, because one time when I was in their office with them, I saw the combination. Jack and Irina’s phones were in there, which is how I got your number, Sydney. The other documents for brainwashing the triplets were also in there, and I took them with me. When I got to their office, I started to look around on their computer and in the drawers to get clues as to where my family was, and to get satellite pictures of the prison, so that you would know how to get them out. I also took a gun with me, which I killed the guards with that were in the car with me. Once I was on my own in the car and on a busy road, I got a team ready and told them where my family was. I needed to get my family safe first before calling you. I got confirmation a few hours ago that they were rescued without any complications, and right before calling you, I got another call telling me that they were now at a safe location.” Nadia shook her head.

“Wait, back up a minute. Prison? Just where exactly are our parents and siblings?”

“They’re in the prison in Kashmir.”

“What? That’s impossible. That prison was destroyed years ago when I was there with my parents.”

“Cuvee rebuilt it. He rebuilt it in hopes that he would one day be able to get Irina back there. He refers to the place as her home, and says that this is where she belongs.” Everyone looked around at each other a little nervously. Sydney swallowed and spoke a little calmer.

“Have Sloane and Cuvee hurt them?”

“I’ve been kept pretty much in the dark about everything, but as far as I know, they’ve only beat them a little. Mostly your father, I think. As far as I know, Cuvee hasn’t raped your mother yet, but I definitely believe he intends to.” Everyone gasped a little, and Sark sighed. “The last thing I want is for Jack and Irina to get hurt more than they’ve already been. That’s why I need you to trust what I say. You need to rescue them.” Sydney and Nadia started to cry, and Carrie did too. Dixon took over from Sydney.

“You said you took the documents for brainwashing the triplets.”

“Yes.”

“Where are those documents now?”

“I destroyed them. I pulled into a gas station where I bought gasoline and a lighter. The minute I was at a secure location, I set them on fire. I don’t want anyone to get their hands on those documents, so I thought it was best to destroy them. I taped myself setting them on fire with my camera in my phone. I will send you the video along with all the other information you need to rescue them.”

“What about the last documents? The ones you told Sloane and Cuvee you would bring back.”

“I still haven’t picked those up yet. It will be nearly seventy hours before I can get them. The meeting was set up a while ago, and there’s no way of changing that. Once I have the documents, I will destroy those too.”

“So in about seventy hours you will be getting those documents?”

“Yes. I wish I would be getting them sooner, because you really need to get to Kashmir, but I don’t really think you can try to rescue them much sooner than seventy hours from now. Should anything go wrong, I don’t want there to be a chance that Cuvee and Sloane will get their hands on those documents.”

“We’ll need a lot of time to plan the rescue mission, so I don’t think we’ll be able to plan our strike much sooner. But that’s of course only if you’re telling us the truth.”

“I swear to you that I am. I have the code you need to get the satellite readings of the prison without them knowing that you’re watching them. You will be able to see everything on those readings, and will be able to take down the guards before they get to you.”

“How many guards are there?”

“There are sixty-one guards left, and then there are Sloane and Cuvee.” Kendall shook his head.

“There’s a total, of sixty-three people there?”

“Yes. Sloane and Cuvee wanted to be absolutely secured. The prison outside is heavily guarded and there are guards outside the room Jack and Irina are in, as well as the room the triplets are in.” Nadia spoke again through tear filled eyes.

“You told us how the situation with our parents is like. How are our siblings doing?”

“I don’t know. Unlike your parents, the triplets are being fed and getting water. But they’re still tied up and mostly blindfolded. The only comforting thing I can tell you is that they haven’t started brainwashing the triplets yet. They need the last documents in order to do that.” Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

Kendall and Dixon exchanged glances and then they nodded at each other. Dixon leaned closer to the phone again.

“Sark, we’re just going to put you on hold for a minute. We need to discuss things before we let you send us anything.”

“I understand, but please choose to believe that I’m telling you the truth.”

“We’ll get back to you in a little while.” Dixon nodded to Marshall, and he shut Sark off, so he couldn’t’ listen in on their conversation. Dixon looked around at everyone. “So what do you think? Is he telling us the truth?” Everyone looked around at each other and then Carrie nodded.

“I know it sounds ridiculous, but I think he’s telling the truth. His voice is shaky, and he sounds genuinely worried about what might happen to Jack and Irina. I don’t think he’s faking it.” Kendall gave a slight nod, looked around at everyone and then looked at Katya.

“Katya, do you have an input? From what Irina might have told you about Sark over the years, do you suspect that he’s not telling the truth?” Katya looked at Kendall and shook her head.

“No, I agree with Carrie. He sounds sincere. He also used to look up to Irina, and although he might have gone against her in the past, I don’t think he is this time. I think we can trust him, and I don’t think we can afford not to.” He nodded and looked around at the others.

“Does anyone else have something to add?” Sydney looked at him.

“Although I would normally not trust anything Sark has to say, I have to admit that I think he’s being honest. He actually sounds like he cares what happens to mom, dad, and the triplets.” Kendall nodded and Dixon looked around at everyone.

“So can we all agree that we believe what Sark is telling us?” Everyone nodded and he and Kendall exchanged glances again and nodded. “Marshall, let Sark back on.” Marshall nodded and did as he was told. “Sark.”

“Yes?”

“We have decided to believe that you’re telling us the truth.” They could all hear that he breathed out a sigh of relief.

“You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that. Thank you for believing me.”

“We need you to send us all the information you have. Marshall is going to create an email account and you’re going to send all the information to that account.” Dixon looked at Marshall. “Create an account. It doesn’t matter where, just create an account quickly.” Marshall nodded.

“Right away.” Marshall got started on creating an account and in a short while he looked back at Dixon. “Done.”

“Give Sark the address.”

“In capital letters you write love. That’s followed by an equality sign and the numbers two, five, and seven. Then there’s the At followed by hotmail dot com.”

“Got it. It’ll just take a few minutes.” They heard him typing away on his keyboard. “Jack and Irina are being kept in the same room in the basement in the middle of the building. You’ll easily see the instructions on how to show their whereabouts on the satellite readings. The triplets are being kept on the floor above them in the second last room on the right when you enter from the main entrance. Sloane and Cuvee’s office is on the floor above the triplets.” Several minutes passed in silence and finally Sark stopped typing. “Sending the information now.” A few seconds went by before Marshall looked at Dixon and Kendall and nodded.

“Marshall put the email on display on the big screens.” Marshall nodded and punched in a few keys and seconds later everyone could see the email on the big screens. They all looked at the big screens for a few seconds before Kendall turned around to everyone.

“Marshall, Carrie, and Katya get started on getting us satellite of the prison.” He then looked at Sydney and Nadia. “You two look over the video that Sark sent of him burning the documents.” He looked at Vaughn and Eric. “And you two get us a map of Kashmir and find a location where we can stay until we need to strike.” They all nodded and got started on everything.

Sydney and Nadia got the link to the video and showed them on one of the big screens so that everyone could follow too. Kendall looked over the video with them. They zoomed in on the footage, so that they could get a closer look on the documents and went back a few times to make sure that they’d gotten a good look. Sydney looked at Nadia and Kendall.

“From what we know of the procedure, those documents seem to be correct.” Kendall nodded.

“Yes, I agree.” They all three sighed in relief. “It’s a good thing that those got destroyed.” Kendall moved back to the table and leaned closer to the phone. “Sark, you’ve proven yourself trustworthy in regards to the video. We conclude that those documents would indeed help to brainwash the triplets or anyone else for that matter.” He heard Sark sigh in relief on the other end.

“I’m glad you could see that I was telling you the truth. Thank you.”

“We’ll get back to you when we have the satellite readings.” Kendall walked over to Marshall, Carrie, and Katya. “How are things coming along? Any readings yet?” Marshall shook his head.

“No, not yet, but we should get the readings in a matter of a few minutes.”

Kendall walked over to Dixon, who was helping Vaughn and Eric with the maps of Kashmir. He looked at them for a few seconds and then started to pace around a little. He gave Sydney and Nadia a comforting smile, though it wasn’t that strong. They gave him the same kind of smile and didn’t really seem to be able to stand still either. A few minutes later Katya looked around at everyone.

“We have the readings.”

“Put them up on the big screens and get us a picture of each level of the building as well as the outside.” Marshall nodded.

“Right away.” A few seconds later Marshall had every level of the building up on all the screens and one was showing the outside. Nadia pointed to one of the screens that was showing three people sitting closely together.

“The triplets are there.” Marshall nodded.

“Yeah that’s the floor above the basement.” Dixon looked at Kendall.

“Another proof that Sark was telling the truth.” Kendall nodded back.

“Yeah.” Sydney pointed to another screen.

“There’s the room mom and dad are in. Well, two people are sitting across from each other, so that have to be mom and dad.” Marshall looked at the screen and then nodded.

“Yes that’s the basement.” Eric shook his head.

“There are really a lot of guards.” Dixon nodded.

“Yeah, we have quite a lot of planning to do.” He walked back to the table and leaned closer to the phone. “Sark we have the readings and everything turned out like you said. We have your list of what every room in the building is for, and which room belongs to whom. It seems we have everything we need to get started on planning a rescue, but is there anything else you can tell us that we might need to know?”

“No, not really that I can think of. The only thing I can tell you is that there’s no longer a minefield. Cuvee destroyed that when he rebuilt the building. I guess he didn’t think he would need it anymore. I’m sure you’ll be able to get a scan of the ground and see that there aren’t any mines.” Dixon looked over at Marshall and Marshall nodded in return.

“I’m already on it.” A few seconds went by and Marshall looked back at Dixon. “He’s right. There’s no minefield anymore.” Dixon turned his head back to the phone.

“It seems you’ve been right about everything. But I swear that if you’re lying or are in some way trapping us or are in any way out to hurt us, we will hunt you down and kill you.”

“I swear to you on my daughter’s life that I’m not out to hurt you. I want Sloane and Cuvee stopped just as much as you do. I swear to you that I’m not up to anything.” Everyone looked around at each other and by the sound of Sark’s voice they agreed that he wasn’t out to hurt anyone other than Sloane and Cuvee.

“Good. Like I said, we have everything we need for the rescue, so we will get started on making plans and arrangements. You said that you’ll be getting the last documents in about seventy hours. What time exactly will you be picking up the documents?”

“At noon here.”

“I assume that if we need to get in touch with you, we can reach you at this number?”

“Yes, you can. My location is untraceable, so you can go ahead and call me. If I need to get in touch with you, can I call you at your number, Sydney?” Everyone turned to Sydney. She waited a few seconds and then moved closer to the table.

“Yes, you can get in touch with me at this number, but only if you need to. If you’re out to hurt us, I swear I’ll kill you.”

“I swear, Sydney. I’m not out to hurt you. I know that I should pay for my crimes, but I have a family to look out for, so all I can offer you is my sincerest apologies. I’m truly sorry for all the hurt and pain I’ve caused you over the years, and I wish that I’d never helped Sloane escape in Mongolia. But I did, so all I can do now is help, you capture him and Cuvee and get your family back home safely.” Sydney said nothing and Dixon took over again.

“Okay, now that we know what time you’ll be getting the documents, we’ll arrange for you to call us when you have them, and are at a safe distance. We’ll more than likely arrange for our strike to be at 12.30 or at 1.00.”

“I’ll make sure to get in touch with you as soon as I’m out of sight from anyone.”

“Good. You’ll also call us shortly before you leave to get the documents, and you’ll take pictures of the documents and send them to us at the email address you were given. Is that understood?”

“Yes absolutely.”

“I don’t think we have anymore to add.” He looked around at everyone. When they all shook their heads, he turned his head back to the phone. “No that’s it.”

“Then I’ll leave you to your plans. I wish you the best of luck with everything, and I’ll be in touch.”

“Yes, you better.”

“I will. Bye.” When no one said anything back, Sark hung up the phone. Dixon looked around at everyone.

“Get started on looking more closely into the satellite readings and map. We don’t have much time to come up with a plan, and there’s a lot we need to work out.” Everyone nodded and got started. Dixon looked at Kendall. “I’ll get in touch with Hayden and tell her what’s going on. You call Devlin and fill him in on the latest developments and give him all the information we have.” Kendall nodded.

“I’m on it.”

Before Dixon and Kendall left the room everyone looked around at each other. For the first time in a long time they had hope that everything would turn out alright, but there was still a long way to go. They smiled at little at each other and stayed silent for a few seconds before they all got on with work.

A couple of hours later Dixon and Kendall were in Dixon’s office when Marshall walked in. They looked up at him when he came in, both looking at him a little curiously.

“Marshall, is there something wrong? Did anything unexpected show up on the satellite readings?” Marshall shook his head.

“No, not at all. I just wanted to ask you something. It’s a request really.” They looked at each other and then looked back at Marshall.

“What’s your request?”

“I know that I should probably stay behind and oversee the mission from the monitors here at APO, but I want to go on the mission and be in the field with everyone else. Carrie and Katya are more than capable of handling the monitors, and I have the necessary field training in order to go on this mission.” Dixon and Kendall looked at each other again, not really knowing what to do about Marshall’s request. Kendall turned to Marshall first.

“Marshall, I really think your help will be best served here.” Marshall shook his head.

“No, it wouldn’t. I can do just as much good out in the field that I can do sitting by a computer. I have a good aim, and if there’s something that needs to be deactivated on sight, I will be your best choice to take care of that.” Dixon shook his head.

“Marshall, we’re not so sure that it’s such a good idea. We think it’s best that you stay here.” Marshall got a little angry.

“Oh come on.” They looked at him a little surprised with his slightly angry outburst. “If anything technical needs to be handled on sight, I’m the one to do it and you know that. You can’t afford not to send me on the mission. Do I need to call Devlin, and get permission from him to go?” Their eyes shot up even more in surprise before their looks softened. They looked at each other again, nodded at each other before turning to Marshall.

“No that won’t be necessary. You’re right, Marshall. If anything technical needs to be handled on sight, you’re our guy to take care of that. You can go on the mission.” Marshall smiled a little.

“Thank you. Thank you so much.” He looked at them for a few seconds more just smiling a little. “I should get back to work.” They nodded and he left, but turned back around to face them when he was at the door. He smiled a little apologetically. “I’m sorry, I got a little angry. I didn’t mean to.” They smiled back at him.

“It’s quite alright, Marshall.”

“Yeah, we’re all pretty worked up at the moment and just want to get Jack, Irina, and the triplets home. Everyone’s emotions are at times allover the place.” He nodded back, gave them one last smile and then left. When he was gone, Dixon and Kendall looked at each other and looked at each other with a bit of disbelief.

“I didn’t really know he could get angry like that.”

“No, me neither. It was quite surprising.” Kendall nodded.

“But he was right. If there’s anything that needs to be deactivated or if there’s any technical problems we need to take care of on sight, he’s the one to do it.”

“Yes, I agree.”

“But with him on the mission, we could really use an extra pair of eyes here. There’ll only be Carrie, Katya, and myself that have the best experience to look at the monitors.” Dixon nodded.

“You’re right.” They stood in silence for a while. Then Dixon looked at Kendall. “I’ve just thought of someone we can get to help us. I’m just going to call Devlin and arrange it.” Kendall nodded.

“Okay. I’ll just go and help the others.” Dixon nodded back and they went back to work.

They spent the rest of the day and early evening looking over everything Sark sent them and being on the phone to make plans for the rescue. Everything needed to be planned in great detail, and even though they all wanted nothing more than to just go to Kashmir and get Jack, Irina, and the triplets back and apprehending Sloane and Cuvee, they also knew they couldn’t afford to have any loose ends. They needed everything to work out perfectly and they needed a big team in on the rescue. They also needed to be well rested for another day of planning on the following day, so everyone except for Dixon and Kendall went home in the early evening. Dixon and Kendall stayed up for several hours more before they went to sleep in the beds set up at APO.

In Kashmir Jack had been awake for a long time. He had no idea what time it was, but he had a feeling that it was later than usual. He also had a feeling that more time had passed than just a night, and knew that, that was a form of torture too, to let the victim stay in darkness to lose track of time.

He knew Irina was awake too. They hadn’t talked much since the last time Sloane and Cuvee had left them in the darkness. It was hard to stay positive after continuously seeing videos of Irina getting raped and the hope of ever getting rescued was slowly fading away. There wasn’t much they could say to each other that would make them feel better.

They sat in silence for a while longer before the door was opened. One of the guards stepped in turning on the lights and Jack looked over at Irina immediately. She was resting her head against her knees and it broke Jack’s heart to see her so devastated. He wanted to say something to her, but knew that there was nothing he could really say that would cheer her up.

More guards stepped in with the TV, DVD-player, a table, and two chairs. Jack saw them and swallowed. He’d hoped that they’d be done with watching the DVDs, but also knew that as long as they were watching the DVDs, they hopefully wouldn’t be getting a live show soon. He shivered at the thought of seeing Cuvee raping Irina right in front of him. He would rather die than let that happen to her, but he also didn’t see how he could prevent it.

When the guards were done setting up the equipment most of them stepped out and a few seconds later Cuvee and Sloane walked in. Jack gave them his death glare, but they merely laughed at him. Instead of walking over to Irina first, Cuvee walked over to Jack. He smirked at him.

“Hello Jack. Ready to watch some more videos of my fun with Irina? I know I am.” He laughed in Jack’s face. “She really is something, isn’t she? Plunging in and out of her over and over again is really an incredible feeling, wouldn’t you agree?” Jack glared at Cuvee even colder than before and then he spit in his face. Cuvee’s smirk faded and he wiped the spit off his face. Then he stared at Jack angrily, grabbed his head and banged it against the wall a few times. Jack winced in pain a little, and when Cuvee was done he punched Jack in the face several times. Cuvee stepped back a little. “I think it’s time we watched some more DVDs.” Sloane nodded.

“I think that’s an excellent idea.”

“But first I’m just going to say hello to Irina.” He walked over to her and smirked at her. “Hello Irina. I’ve missed you. Did you miss me?” She kept her head on her knees and Cuvee got a little mad. “I asked you a question, Irina.” She still didn’t answer or look at him. He got angrier and grabbed her hair and yanked her head back. He laughed when he saw her tear filled eyes. “Did you miss me that much that it made you cry?” She glared back at him angrily.

“No, you bastard.”

He merely continued to laugh. Then he squatted down next to her. Still yanking her head back, he stuck his free hand under her shirt and groped her breast while he licked the side of her face and her ear. She tried to avoid his touch, but just like all the other times she’d tried this there was no avoiding him. Jack was fighting against his chains. Cuvee and Sloane simply laughed at him. Cuvee let go of Irina after a little while and stood up. He looked over at Jack, who was sending him his death glare.

“Soon you’ll see me doing a lot more than that, Jack. Now let’s watch some more DVDs.” Sloane sat down and Cuvee put a DVD in the DVD-player. Before sitting down he looked between Jack and Irina. “You know how this goes. You both look at the DVDs, and you won’t get killed…..yet.” He laughed before sitting down, and then he pressed play.

Jack quickly looked over at Irina. Her eyes were on the screen with a few tears rolling down her cheeks. He blinked back tears of his own and then looked at the screen.

Several hours went by where they watched DVDs. Jack was trying his best not to throw up even though he nearly did several times. He caught a few glances at Irina from time to time, and she looked worse by each DVD they watched. He feared what her state of mind would be like when Cuvee raped her here.

Dinner was brought down a little while later, and while Sloane and Cuvee ate they continued to watch DVDs. They continued to watch for a little while after they’d eaten and when another one ended Cuvee turned off the TV. Sloane looked at him.

“I think it’s time for some dessert, don’t you agree Gerard?” Cuvee smiled and nodded.

“Yes, I most certainly do. I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time. Let me just get things ready.” He stood up and looked at Jack and Irina. He laughed before leaving the room. Sloane got up from his seat and walked over to Jack. He smirked at him.

“I really enjoy watching the DVDs. Irina is a very beautiful woman. I’m glad I get to watch her in all her glory, and soon I’ll be getting a much closer look.” He laughed while Jack glared at him.

“Tell me something, Arvin.” Sloane looked at Jack amused.

“What, Jack?”

“Is my daughter responsible for the injury to your knee?” Sloane’s smile faded and Jack smirked at him. Then he laughed a little. “Oh wait. Let me be more specific since I have four daughters. I meant Nadia.” Sloane got angrier while Jack merely continued to smirk at him, and he then punched Jack several times in the face. When he stopped Jack laughed and looked back at Sloane. “My grandchildren hit harder than that, and that include my two grandsons, who are not even a year old yet.” Sloane was just about to hit Jack again, but let his arm fall to the side. He then smirked at him.

“Laugh all you want Jack, but soon, I’ll be the one who’s laughing. You do remember Geiger’s method of torture, don’t you?” Jack stopped laughing and he glared back at Sloane coldly. Now it was Sloane’s turn to laugh. “Yes, I thought you’d remember. Well, let me tell you Jack that tonight’s dessert is putting you through the same torture that Geiger put you through. I’m sorry to have spoiled the surprise, but in a few minutes you would’ve figured it out for yourself. I’m glad that I’m around this time to see you being put through that kind of torture.” Sloane continued to laugh and then went back to the table and sat back down.

Jack looked over at Irina and for the first time in a long time she looked directly into his eyes. She was as white as ghost. He tried to give her a comforting smile, but it didn’t do her much good and she started to cry again shaking her head a little.

It was bad enough seeing herself getting raped and reliving old nightmares, but what was worse for her to handle was the thought of Jack getting tortured. It had been bad enough seeing him getting beaten, but to actually see him getting tortured the way they intended to torture him was much worse. They looked into each others eyes until Cuvee came back with a bunch of guards. They were carrying the equipment needed for the torture and Cuvee had the biggest smile on his face. He looked at Jack while the guards got the equipment ready.

“I’m sure you can see what is about to happen, Jack.”

“I already told him, Gerard.” Cuvee looked at Sloane, who got up from his seat, and nodded.

“Good. Then he’s had some time to get used to it.”

“Sir, we’re done.” Cuvee looked back at the guards and smiled.

“Then let’s get on with it.”

“Wait.” The guards stopped walking towards Jack and everyone looked at Irina. She spoke calmly. “Put me in that chair.” Jack stared wide eyed at her, but she continued to look at Cuvee and Sloane. “Torture me, rape me, beat me. Do whatever you want with me, but leave Jack alone. Just leave him alone.” Sloane and Cuvee laughed at her, and Cuvee looked at Sloane.

“Isn’t that just sickening the way she’s trying to spare him?” Sloane nodded.

“It most certainly is.” Cuvee walked a little closer to her.

“Don’t worry, Irina. You’ll get raped, and you’ll get raped over and over again. There’s no stopping that, just like there’s nothing stopping us from torturing Jack like this.” He laughed and walked back to Sloane and then turned and looked back at Irina. “The rules are the same as for watching the DVDs. You watch Jack getting tortured or we kill him. Understood, Irina?” Tears fell from her eyes and her voice was shaking now.

“Ye…yes.”

“Good girl.” Then he gave the guards a nod.

They walked closer to Jack with their rifles. One of them hit Jack in the stomach with the butt of his rifle and another one did the same after the first one was done. They continued taking turns and then they did the same to his face. When they were sure that he was numb enough from the beating, they unlocked his chains and with some of the guards holding loaded rifles pointed to his head, other guards placed him in the chair and strapped him in. One of the guards then got some gel from a bottle and rubbed it on Jack’s ankles. When that was done another guard got metal bracelets and attached those to his ankles.

Cuvee walked closer and picked up the jumper cables. He handed one to Sloane and kept the other one for himself. They each placed one on the metal bracelets and then stepped back to watch the sight. Sloane laughed.

“This really is a beautiful image.” Cuvee laughed.

“Yes, it really is.” He then looked at Sloane. “Would you like to do the honors, Arvin?” He gestured to the dial on the machine that would shoot the electricity through the metal bracelets. Sloane nodded.

“Gladly.” He walked over to the machine and put his hand on the dial. Then he looked at Jack. “Anything you’d like to say before we get started, Jack?” Jack looked over at Irina and smiled lovingly at her.

“I love you sweetheart. All my love forever and a day.” She did her best to smile back through her tears.

“I love you too. So much.” Cuvee looked at them angrily and then looked back at Sloane.

“Enough of this. Arvin, turn the dial.”

“My pleasure.”

Sloane did as Cuvee said, and Jack started to struggle against the shock of electricity going through his body. His body writhed against the restraints and after a few seconds of trying not to scream, he finally screamed at the top of his lungs from the pain.

Irina started to cry harder and harder. It tore her apart to see Jack in pain like that, and she wished she was in his place. He didn’t deserve to be put through that kind of torture.

“STOP IT. STOP TORTURING HIM.” She started sobbing and her voice was almost a whisper. “Please stop torturing him.” Cuvee laughed and walked closer to her.

“So now you’re begging? Well beg all you want, but unfortunately it’s not the kind of begging I was looking for. The only begging I want to hear from you is when you’ll be begging me to go harder, deeper, and faster as I have my way with you. You’ll be begging me not to stop. That’s the only begging I want to hear from you.” He looked back at Sloane. “Turn the dial up higher. I want to hear him scream more than he is.” Sloane turned the dial up higher and Cuvee got his wish. Jack screamed more.

Jack continued to scream and writhed and after a while Sloane and Cuvee exchanged glances and Sloane turned off the dial. Irina looked at Jack. He was barely conscious and she cried harder and harder.

Cuvee walked closer to Jack and grabbed his face. He looked him over and then laughed.

“Now it’s my turn to have some fun.” He let go of Jack’s face and turned the dial. Jack writhed again and again. All Irina could do was look on helplessly and hope that Jack would still be alive when they were done. Sloane laughed a little.

“I haven’t had this much fun in a long time.” Cuvee nodded.

“Me neither. In fact, I’m having so much fun that I think we should see if he can’t handle a little more.”

“NO.” Irina looked at them with horror. She knew that there was only a certain amount of electricity that a person could handle, and even though Jack was strong, she also knew that turning up the dial could turn out to be lethal. Cuvee didn’t even look at her.

“Oh yes, Irina.” He then turned the dial higher.

After a while he shut the dial off. Jack was sitting motionless in the chair. They all looked at him and Sloane gave a nod to one of the guards. The guard examined Jack a little and then looked back Sloane and Cuvee.

“Sir, he barely has a pulse. He won’t be able to handle another shock, and I don’t even know if he’ll live through the night.” Irina sobbed silently and Cuvee laughed.

“That’s too bad he can’t handle another shock. We were having so much fun. But as much as I’d like to finish him off right now, I also want him to witness me having fun with Irina.” He turned to the guards. “Get him out of the chair and chain him back to the pipes.” They did as they were told and Cuvee turned to Sloane. “I guess we got a little carried away.” They just laughed. “We just have to hope that he makes it through the night. But if he doesn’t it won’t really be a big loss.”

“I agree. After all, his death is inevitable.”

“Exactly.”

Cuvee and Sloane watched as the guards chained Jack to the pipes and placed him so he leaned back against the wall. His head fell to the side, and no one could really tell whether he was dead or alive. For all they knew, he could’ve easily died from the time they felt his pulse until now. The guards looked at Cuvee and Sloane when they were done with Jack.

“All done, sir.”

“Clear the room of everything.” One of the guards nodded.

“Right away, sir.” They did as they were told and in a few minutes Jack, Irina, Sloane, and Cuvee were in only ones left in the room. Cuvee walked over to Irina.

“Did you enjoy the show, Irina?” She was crying too hard to say anything. He merely laughed. “Well, now that you got to see us having fun with Jack, I really hope he’ll live to see the fun that’s in store for you. We’ll come by some time tomorrow and see if he’s still breathing. Pleasant dreams.” He walked back to Sloane and the two of them took one last look at Jack before they turned off the lights and left laughing.

Irina tried to get her emotions in control. It took a few seconds for her to be able to talk through her tears.

“Sweetheart? Sweetheart? Jack, can you hear me? Jack?” She couldn’t stop the tears from falling and had to be quiet for a few seconds again. “Jack, I’m sorry that I haven’t talked much the last couple of days. I should have, and I’m so sorry that I didn’t. But right now I need you to talk to me. Talk to me sweetheart. Please talk to me. I need to hear your voice now more than ever. Jack please. Please.”

He didn’t say anything. She couldn’t even hear him breathe. Leaning her head back against the wall she continued to sob. After a few minutes she thought that she’d try the same thing that he’d done.

“You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.”

She waited for a long time to hear if he would say anything. He never did. She looked over at him in the darkness. Her voice could barely be heard through her tears.

“Stay with me, sweetheart. I can’t lose you. The kids and grandkids can’t lose you either. We need you and we love you. I love you Jack. All my love forever and a day. I love you.”

There was still no response and she felt helpless. She leaned back against the wall and continued to cry through the night, hoping that Jack would still be alive when the lights were turned back on the next day.

TBC

The only comforting thing I can tell you is that they haven’t started brainwashing the triplets yet. They need the last documents in order to do that.” Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.
Phew :o_O: What a relief!

Oh.. no. Is Jack going to be alright? I hope Syd and the team coming to rescue them soon. :thinking:

I hope jack is alright. An I won't be surprised if irina has a nervous breakdown when they are finally found, having to see her husband being tortured and watching yourself get raped over and over is too traumatizing.

wasn't expecting Sark to have a child and have changed so much. Glad they finally believed him.. Hopefully Jack and Irina can hold on until the APO team gets there.
Thanks for the pm.

It's time for another chapter. Hope you like it. Thank you all for reading and for the comments. It means so much. :smiley:

texasalias2004: Time will tell if they get to them before it's too late. Sorry, but the chapters take long to write. :lol:

nicewoman: Yes, it's a good thing Sloane needed more documents before he could brainwash the triplets. Time will tell if Jack's okay. The rescue team will be on their way, but maybe it'll be too late.

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: Time will tell if Jack's alright, and time will tell what happens to Irina.

AliasMuse: Yes, it really is. Time will tell if they do.

Sydney Derevko Bristow: You think I'm evil? What ever gave you that idea? 👅

Chapter 23
Everyone at APO stood frozen in their place looking at the satellite readings. They had all gotten to work two hours ago and had been keeping an eye on the satellite readings while continuing working on the rescue mission. They’d kept a close eye on the room Jack and Irina were in, and when they noticed several people entering the room, they’d all stood around to see what was going on.

From the size of the two people, who were Jack and Irina, they quickly concluded that Jack was the one, who was getting beaten, and it didn’t take them long to figure out that he was getting tortured. They stood in completely silence. The tears were rolling down Sydney’s, Nadia’s, and Carrie’s cheeks, and everyone except for Katya were pretty emotional as well.

When they watched everyone leave and the room turning dark, they kept standing frozen in their place for a while. No one said anything. Vaughn then put an arm around Sydney, and Eric and Marshall did the same with Nadia and Carrie. Sydney and Nadia both started sobbing.

“Dad was tortured.” Nadia buried her head in Eric’s shoulder. Kendall nodded.

“Yes, it seems so. And by the looks of it, I’d say that he was tortured the same way Geiger tortured him.”

“It was bad enough when he was tortured by Geiger, but this time it looked worse. He was tortured longer, and he…he…” Sydney shook her head as the tears kept coming. Vaughn tried his best to comfort her.

“It’ll be okay, Syd. Your dad’s strong. You have to remember that.”

“I know, but what if he…” She swallowed. “What if he…he…” She couldn’t get the words out. No one wanted to think about the possibility of Jack and Irina getting killed. Dixon walked closer to Sydney and Nadia.

“He’s still alive. From the satellite readings we can see that he still has a pulse. It’s not strong, but it’s still there. As long as he’s able to rest through the night, I’m sure he’ll get stronger. He’s going to make it.” Sydney and Nadia nodded weakly.

“You’re probably right.”

“We have agents doing nothing but look at the satellite readings. They’ll come and tell us if anything happens that we haven’t seen ourselves.” Nadia shook her head frustrated.

“But we should be there. We should be there right now getting them out of that hell. We should’ve gotten on a plane yesterday after talking to Sark. We could’ve come up with a plan on the plane. Damn it, why do we have to wait so long.” She continued to sob and Eric hugged her tighter. Katya walked closer to her and Sydney. She gave them a reassuring smile and spoke calmly.

“We’ll get them back safely. You have to believe that. Just stay positive.” They gave her a slight nod and she smiled back at them a little more. “Everything will work out just fine, you’ll see. Now, why don’t we get back to planning the mission. It won’t do us any good to just stand here and watch the monitors.” They nodded a little again. “But let’s get some coffee and tea first.” She walked with them out of the meeting room and Carrie followed too. Everyone else shook their heads frustrated and paced around the room a little.

Kendall had watched Katya. He shook his head in disbelief of her continued calmness. He still couldn’t believe she could remain so positive. Even though they now knew where Jack, Irina, and the triplets were and were planning a rescue mission, he still couldn’t understand that she seemed unaffected by seeing Jack tortured. He took another look at her standing by the coffeemaker before turning back to work.

Hours later everyone was gathered in the meeting room. Chase had arrived and they were going over the details for the mission.

“I’ve already talked to all who’ll be going on this mission, but to make it clear to everyone the agents who’ll be going are, agents S. and N. Bristow, agent Dixon, agent Vaughn, and agent Weiss. What most of you don’t know is that agent M. Flinkman will be joining the team as well.” Everyone but Dixon, Kendall, and Carrie looked at Marshall surprised. Marshall smiled a little at everyone. Sydney and Nadia smiled back and gave him a nod. He nodded in return. “With Marshall going on the mission, we need an extra pair of eyes to watch the monitors from here. I will be going with the team to Kashmir to overlook things from there, so we’ve had to get someone from another department to come and help.” Everyone but Dixon and Kendall looked around at everyone a little curiously. Sydney looked at Chase again.

“Who?”

“Me.” Everyone turned around and saw Rachel standing in the door to the meeting room.

“Rachel.” Sydney smiled at her and got out of chair and went to hug her. Rachel and Will had known about everything since the triplets had been kidnapped, and had been informed about everything else that had happened along the way. Rachel gave Sydney a reassuring smile.

“We know where they are now. We’ll get them home.” Sydney nodded a little.

“I’m glad you’re here.”

“Will and TJ are here too. They’re at the safe location with everyone else.” That made Sydney smile a little more. Rachel turned to Nadia, who’d gotten out of her chair and joined Sydney. They hugged.

“I’m glad you’re here too.” Chase walked up to them and extended her hand to Rachel.

“It’s good to have you back here.” Rachel shook her hand and smiled.

“I’m glad to be able to help.” Chase nodded.

“I know that you’ve been briefed about the mission, but have a seat, and we’ll go over it again.” She nodded and they all sat down.

After going over the mission in great detail Dixon got up from his seat.

“Since we’re leaving tonight, I suggest that we go home and spend the time with our families. There’s nothing more we can do at the moment anyway.” They all nodded. “Hayden and I need to make a phone call to Washington to make sure that everything is going as planned. We’ll get back to you when that’s done, so don’t go home yet.” They nodded and he looked at Kendall. “I believe you’ll be making a phone call to make sure that most of what we need is on the plane.” Kendall nodded back.

“Yes, I’ll be doing that now.” He nodded back and Dixon looked at everyone.

“We’ll all be back shortly.” Everyone gave Dixon, Chase, and Kendall a nod before they left.

The others stayed in the meeting room talking, but after a few minutes Katya excused herself and walked out. She went to Kendall’s office, and when she saw that he got off the phone, she walked in.

“I need to talk to you.” He looked up at her.

“About what?”

“The mission. I want to be part of the team that goes to Kashmir.”

“You can’t. You’re needed here.” She shot him an annoyed look.

“I can be of better help in Kashmir. I want on that team.” He shook his head.

“You’re not field rated.” She gaped at him for a few seconds and then got angry.

“Not field rated? What the hell does that have to do with anything? That’s just bullshit. You know, I’m more than capable of being part of the rescue team even if I’m not field rated by the CIA. Put me on the rescue team now.” He got angry too.

“No, you’re not going. You’re one of the best people we have to watch the monitors, and you’re needed here. I’m field rated and I would love nothing more than to be part of the rescue team myself, but someone has to stay behind and be in charge of keeping an eye on everything, and watch the monitors as well.”

“Marshall is going, and no offense to him, but if he’s going, I should be going too.”

“Marshall is going because if there’s anything technical that needs to taken care of on sight, he’s the one to do it.”

“Still, I’m a better shooter than he is, so put me on the rescue team now.”

“No, you’re staying here.”

“Why do I even bother talking to you? It’s obvious that I should be talking to Marcus.” She turned on her heels and walked out of Kendall’s office quickly. He gave a frustrated grunt and followed her and was right behind her when she entered Dixon’s office. “Marcus I need to talk to you.” Both Dixon and Chase looked at Katya curiously and at Kendall too, who looked annoyed.

“What do you need to talk to me about?”

“It’s about the rescue mission. I want to be part of the team that goes to Kashmir.”

“She just requested the same thing from me, but I told her that she has to stay here.” She glared at Kendall angrily and then looked back at Dixon.

“He said, I’m not field rated and can’t go on the mission, but we all know that I’m more than capable of going on this mission, and that I’ll be of great use.” Dixon and Chase looked from Katya to Kendall, then at each other and then back at Katya. Dixon nodded.

“Kendall is right that you’re not field rated. But even though you’d be an important asset to the team, you’re needed more here. We need the best of the best to keep an eye on the monitors, and you’re the best of the best. Your expertise is needed here. I’m sorry Katya, but we can’t let you go.” She let out a frustrated grunt. Chase gave her a soft smile and spoke kindly.

“We can understand that you want to go to Kashmir and bring your family home, but you’ll be part of bringing them home. It’ll just be from APO.” Katya gave Chase an icy glare.

“Now you’re all of a sudden being nice?” Chase was taken aback by Katya’s behavior.

“Excuse me?”

“Ever since my sister started working for the CIA, you haven’t given a damn about her. You’ve made her life hell. Our paths haven’t crossed much, but every time we’ve met, I haven’t gotten a very kind treatment from you either. But all of a sudden you’re nice?” Chase nodded and remained calm.

“I know that I haven’t been pleasant to Irina or you, and I’m sorry about that.”

“You’re sorry?” Katya raised her voice more. “You damn well should be sorry. My sister is one of the best agents this agency has ever had, and you’ve treated her worse than you’d treat a prisoner. You even went so far as to accuse her of having something to do with Robin and her friend nearly getting raped.”

“What?” Dixon stared wide eyed at Chase. This was the first time he was hearing about this. Chase looked back at him apologetically.

“Marcus, I didn’t mean it.” Katya scoffed.

“Of course you meant it.” Chase shook her head and looked back at Katya.

“No, I didn’t mean it. I just didn’t think she had changed. I just wanted to see if I couldn’t provoke her anger.” She looked back at Dixon. “I didn’t think she had anything to do with what happened to Robin and Melissa. I swear I didn’t.”

“My sister has done nothing but great work ever since she joined the CIA, and she’s saved a lot of agents’ lives with her teachings. You should be thinking about that, and not try to provoke her anger, which you’d never be able to do anyway. Everything you’ve ever said to her has hurt her, but never angered her.”

“Yes, I can imagine she’s told you everything I’ve ever said to her.” Katya shook her head.

“No, Irina has never told me a thing.” Chase looked at her surprised. “Out of respect for Marcus she never said a thing about the horrible things you said to her. Everyone else has told me what you’ve said about her, because there’s usually been someone else with her whenever you’ve attacked her.” Dixon looked at her stunned.

“Everyone knows?” He then looked at Kendall who nodded a little apologetically. He then looked back at Katya who looked at him apologetically and spoke to him softer.

“Yes, everyone knows.” She put her hand on his arm. “Marcus, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you, or use this in any way so that I can be part of the team that goes to Kashmir. I was just standing up for my sister.” He nodded and gave her a little smile.

“It’s okay. I understand Katya.” There was a few seconds of awkward silence. Dixon looked at Chase, who continued to look at him apologetically. He then looked back at Katya. “I understand that you want to be part of the team that goes to Kashmir, but it’s not possible. We need people with expertise to watch the monitors, and you’re one of the best ones qualified.” He gave her hand a squeeze. “I’m sorry.” She let out a frustrated sigh, but nodded.

“Fine. I’ll just go back to the meeting room and talk to the others.” He nodded and she left without looking at Kendall. He rolled his eyes and looked at Dixon.

“I’ll be in the meeting room as well.” Dixon nodded and Kendall left. Chase placed her hand on Dixon’s arm.

“Marcus, I’m really sorry. I know that Irina has been nothing but kind to Robin and to Stephen too, but despite all the good she’s done I just couldn’t or rather wouldn’t acknowledge it. I was blinded by my job and didn’t want to believe she’d changed. But I know that she has changed and that she’s a good person. I’m sorry that I’ve been such an idiot. So sorry.” He looked at her coldly.

“I have a mission to concentrate on. We’ll talk when it’s over.” He was about to walk away, but she grabbed his arm.

“Marcus, please. I’m sorry.” He looked back at her.

“My number one priority at the moment is getting Jack, Irina, and the triplets, home. That’s all I can concentrate on right now.” He pulled away from her and walked out of his office. She sighed and stayed in his office for a few seconds before joining the others in the meeting room.

Everyone stayed in the meeting room for a little while longer going over a few things. Then they slowly started leaving. Katya was putting a few notes away, when Marshall walked back into the room. She looked up at him when he entered and smiled.

“Did you forget something, Marshall?” He shook his head.

“No, I just wanted to talk to you.” She looked at him a little curiously.

“What did you want to talk to me about?”

“Well, I don’t really want to talk to you. It’s really more that I have something I need to tell you.” She smiled and nodded.

“Alright. What did you want to tell me?”

“I just want to say that I’m sorry, I’m going on the mission and you’re not. I know that you want to go to Kashmir, but that you have to stay here and watch the monitors because I’m going.”

“You heard me talking to Jim?” Marshall nodded.

“Yeah. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but I was only a few feet away checking the gear, so I couldn’t help but hear that you were talking.” She looked at him apologetically and walked over to him, placing her hands on his shoulders.

“You shouldn’t apologize, Marshall. I’m the one who’s sorry about what I said. Jim was right. If there’s anything technical that needs to be taking care of on sight, you’re the one to do it.”

“But you were right too. You’re a much better shooter than I am. My aim might be good, but your aim is much better.”

“Still, the team is full of sharp shooters, so I wouldn’t be as important as you are to the team.”

“I wish we were both able to go. It hardly seems fair that you can’t go. I mean, they’re your family.” She smiled at him and gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze.

“I wish we could both go too, but they’ll be in good hands. The most important thing is that we get them back safely.”

“You think we’ll get them back safely?” She gave him a reassuring smile.

“We have to believe that. We have to stay positive, and from the satellite readings we can see that Jack’s still alive.”

They looked over at the satellite readings that were still showing on the screens. Everyone had kept a close eye on the screen showing the room Jack and Irina were in to see if anything happened, and they were all relieved to see that Jack and Irina were left alone, and that Jack still had a pulse. Marshall nodded.

“Yeah, at least that’s something.” They looked at each other and smiled. “Well, I should be going. I want to spend some time with the kids before I leave.”

“I’ll walk out with you.” They took one last look at the satellite readings before leaving the meeting room.

When Marshall and Carrie left APO they went home and spent some alone time with their children. Sydney and Vaughn did the same with their children, Nadia and Eric did the same with their children, and Dixon and Chase did the same with Stephen and Robin. At dinner time they all got together to spend the rest of the evening together until they had to leave, and they were joined by Katya, Sergei, Kendall, Will, Rachel, and TJ.

The children had all been told that their parents were going out of town, but as not to scare them they were not told that they were going to get Jack, Irina, and the triplets. They merely told them that they were going on a business trip, which was what they told them whenever they’d gone on a mission in the past. The only ones who knew that this wasn’t an ordinary business trip were Stephen and Robin. The children were still a little scared with their parents going away fearing that something was going to happen to them, and Robin and Stephen were scared as well.

They all got to stay up as long as they could keep their eyes open, but eventually they were too tired to stay awake, and everyone said goodnight and goodbye to them before they were tucked in by their parents. The only kids, who still stayed up, were Robin and Stephen.

“How long will you be gone mommy?” Sydney saw the concerned look in Sarah’s eyes as she tucked her in. She looked over at Isabelle, who was next to her sister and saw the same look in her eyes. Sydney tried her best to smile. She had to try to not make them worry so much.

“If everything goes well, we should be back in a few days.”

“But what if everything doesn’t go well? What if something happens to you like with grandpa, grandma, Maddie, Ethan, and Caitie?” She could see that they were getting teary eyed and she was doing her best not to cry herself.

“Isabelle, nothing’s going to happen.”

“But you don’t know that.” Vaughn walked into the room after having just checked on Nicholas. He sat down on Isabelle’s side of the bed and took her by the hand.

“Sweetie, we know that you’re both worried about mommy and me, but we promise you that we’ll do everything we can to stay safe and to look out for each other. Okay?” They both nodded a little.

“Yeah, I guess.”

“We’ll call you as often as we can, and before you know it, we’ll be home again. And while we’re gone, you’re going to have lots of fun with uncle Will, uncle Sergei, and your cousins.”

“Also with uncle Kendall, aunt Carrie, aunt Rachel, and Katya, right?”

“Yes, you’ll have lots of fun with them too. But they’ll also be working while we’re gone, so they might not be able to be here so much.”

“Okay.”

“Come here.” Vaughn motioned for them to give him a hug and they both leaned in and hugged him. “I love you.” He gave each of them a kiss.

“I love you too, daddy.” Isabelle kissed him back and Sarah did the same.

“I love you too, daddy.” Vaughn let go of them and Sarah hugged Sydney. “I love you, mommy.” She gave her a kiss and Sydney kissed her back.

“I love you too, sweetie.” She pulled Isabelle into her arms too, and hugged her. “I love you, Isabelle.” She gave her a kiss and Isabelle kissed her back.

“I love you too, mommy.” Sydney gave them another kiss.

“Time to sleep. Daddy and I will stay with you until we have to leave.” They nodded and got back under the covers. Vaughn and Sydney both laid down on the bed with their daughters and Vaughn handed Alice in Wonderland to Sydney, which she started reading from.

In one of the other rooms Nadia had just said goodnight to David. She handed him to Eric and went to the room Becky was in. Eric gave David a kiss on the head and smiled at his yawning son.

“Okay buddy, this is how it goes. While mommy and I are away, you’re the man of the house. That means that you have to stop your sister from throwing wild parties. Can you do that for me?” David cooed and Eric smiled. “That’s my boy. I love you.” He gave him another kiss before putting him down. He stayed until David fell asleep, which didn’t take long, and then he walked to Becky’s room. Nadia was sitting with Becky in her lap on the bed when he walked in. Nadia looked up at Eric.

“Is David asleep?”

“Yeah, he was out like a light.” He sat down next to Nadia and gave Becky a kiss on the head. She looked at him, and it broke his heart to see that she’d been crying. “Come here, sweetie.” He pulled her onto his lap and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I’m scared, daddy.” He hugged her tightly and kissed the side of her head. He looked over at Nadia, who was blinking back tears.

“I know you are, but everything is going to be alright.” She looked at him and he dried her tears with his thumbs.

“How can you be sure? What if something happens?” He smiled at her.

“Nothing’s going to happen, because I have mommy with me. And mommy is the strongest person I know.”

“She is?”

“Of course she is. Whenever I can’t open a jar at home, who do I get to open it for me?”

“Mommy.”

“Well, there you go. That proves how strong she is. You would think that I’d be able to open a jar on my own, but I can’t, so I’m not nearly as strong as mommy.” Becky giggled a little and Eric smiled even more. “But not only is mommy strong, she’s also very good at protecting people. Nothing’s going to happen to any of us, because mommy is looking after us.” He looked over at Nadia and saw that she was giving him a big loving smile. Becky gave Eric a kiss.

“I love you, daddy.”

“I love you too, sweetie.” Becky let go of Eric and hugged Nadia.

“I love you, mommy.” Nadia hugged her tightly and kissed her.

“I love you too, Becky.” She took her face in her hands. “We’ll be home before you know it, and we’ll be very careful.” Becky nodded and Nadia gave her another kiss. “Okay, back under the covers.” She did as she was told and Nadia laid down next to her. Eric did the same and held both of them close.

“What story do you want to hear tonight?”

“The one about you and mommy’s wedding.” Eric smile broadly.

“That’s one of my personal favorites.” Nadia gave Eric’s shoulder a squeeze.

“Mine too.” They looked at each other smiling before Eric started telling Becky the story.

Marshall and Carrie had said goodnight to their children and were still in the room with them. Matthew, Chloe, and Gracie had fallen asleep, but Mitchell was still awake. He looked over at Marshall.

“Daddy, do you really have to leave?”

“Yeah buddy, I do.”

“But mommy is staying, so why can’t you?” Carrie stroked Mitchell over the head.

“Sweetie, daddy has to go. It’s important that he goes and he’s needed on this business trip. You understand that don’t you?” Mitchell nodded a little.

“I guess.”

“Mitch, listen.” Mitchell looked over at his father. “I’ll be well looked after. Your aunts Sydney and Nadia, and your uncles Vaughn, Eric, and Marcus are going, and they’ll take good care of me. They’ll make sure that I’ll be alright. We’ll all be looking after each other. Alright?”

“Okay, daddy.” Marshall ruffled Mitchell’s hair.

“Okay. I love you.” Mitchell smiled.

“I love you too, daddy.” Carrie snuggled a little closer to Mitchell and gave him a kiss.

“I love you too, Mitch.”

“I love you, mommy.”

Out in the living room Robin and Stephen were sitting on the couch with Dixon and Chase. They understood what was going to happen and why their father and Chase had to leave, but they still didn’t like it. Robin looked at Chase.

“Why do you have to go too? Why can’t you stay home with us?” Chase put an arm around Robin and gave her a loving smile.

“I have to be there to oversee things. I won’t be in danger and you know how capable your father is to look after himself. We’ll both be safe and come home unharmed.” Robin nodded.

“Yeah, I know, but I still don’t like that you’re both going.” Chase pulled her into a hug.

“I know, honey. I know.” Stephen put his head on Dixon’s shoulder.

“I don’t like it either.” Dixon put his arm around his son and pulled him closer.

“Everything’s going to be alright. We’ll all be back home before you know it.” Stephen and Robin nodded. “Just remember that, and remember that we love you.” They both looked at their father and smiled a little.

“We know and we love you too.” They then looked at Chase and smiled at her. She smiled back and then smiled at Dixon, but he didn’t really look at her. He hadn’t talked to her all day, and she knew that he probably wouldn’t until the mission was over. She looked back at Robin and kissed her head, hugging her a little tighter.

Hours later everyone was gathered at the airstrip. Kendall, Katya, Carrie, Sergei, Rachel, and Will were there to say goodbye and wish the others good luck. Everyone’s children were looked after by trusted agents.

After having just hugged Rachel, Sydney hugged Will next.

“I’m so glad that you’re here. The kids are glad to have you around too.”

“I’m glad I can be here.” He gave her a kiss on the cheek and then looked at her. “Don’t worry about the kids at home. They’ll be safe. You just concentrate on getting your parents and siblings home.” She nodded. “I’ll see you soon.” They hugged again.

Carrie was hugging Marshall. When she let go of him she dried her eyes, while he still had his arms around her.

“You better come home alive Marshall, because I don’t know what I’ll do if you don’t.” She started crying again, and he helped her dry her tears.

“I’ll come home, I promise. Before you know it, I’ll be leaving a mess in the basement from some new gadget I’m working on. I’ll be rambling on and on of all the things it can do, and you’ll be nodding trying to pretend you know what I’m talking about. The living room will be filled with the kids’ toys, but I’ll be the one who’s been playing with them.” She let out a small laugh and he smiled at her. “I’ll come home.” They rested their foreheads against each other and he spoke softer and quieter. “I’ll come home.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and they kissed.

Sydney was now hugging Sergei with Nadia. He gave them both a kiss on the cheek.

“You go and give those bastards what they deserve, alright?” They both nodded. “But more importantly, you bring our family home.”

“They will, Sergei.” He looked over his shoulder and saw Katya walking up behind him. She gave all three of them a reassuring smile. “Irina, Jack, and the triplets will get back here safely, and before you know it, we’ll all be sitting in their yard having a barbeque.” He nodded and smiled a little and so did Sydney and Nadia. Sergei let go of them and Katya hugged them. “Take care, girls.”

“You too.”

“We’ll talk to you soon.”

Kendall had just said goodbye to Marshall and now walked over to say goodbye to Dixon and Chase. He and Dixon stood looking at each other without saying anything. No words needed to be said. They both knew what was at stake and even if they had a strong plan for rescuing Jack, Irina, and the triplets, things could still go horribly wrong. They gave each other a nod and then hugged.

“We’ll talk soon. Stay safe and take care.” Dixon nodded.

“We will. Take care.” Kendall turned to Chase.

“The same goes to you.” She nodded.

“You take care too.” Sydney and Nadia walked up to Kendall.

“Bye Kendall.” Sydney hugged him first and he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Stay safe Sydney.” She nodded and Nadia hugged him next. He also gave her a kiss on the cheek. “You stay safe too, Nadia.”

“I will. We’ll both stay safe.” He gave them both a smile and everyone gathered around. He looked around at them.

“Bring them home.” They all nodded and looked around at each other. They kept looking at each other until an agent walked up to them.

“The plane is ready to go.” Dixon gave the agent a nod and he left. Dixon looked back at everyone.

“Let’s go.”

Sydney, Nadia, Vaughn, Eric, Marshall, Dixon, and Chase took one last look at everyone before they walked to the waiting plane. The rest of them stayed behind and stayed at the airstrip until the plane had taken off and they could no longer see it. Kendall turned around and looked at everyone.

“It won’t be long now.” They nodded. “Let’s go home and get some rest. It might be hard but we’re going to need it.” They nodded again and left the airstrip.

In Kashmir Irina was getting more and more worried. It seemed to her that it was later in the day than it usually was. Sloane and Cuvee hadn’t been by yet, and although she would normally be happy about that, she really wanted them to come and turn on the lights, so that she could see how Jack was doing.

She’d tried talking to him all night, but he hadn’t talked back. She hadn’t heard any movements from him all night, but a little while ago she could hear the sound of his chains. She didn’t know if it had just been because his body had slumped naturally or if he’d done it himself. She hoped that he’d done it himself, but feared that he’d be dead when the lights were turned on. She didn’t know what she’d do if he wasn’t alive.

Time passed without anyone coming, but Irina still didn’t know how much time had passed. For all she knew what felt like an hour to her could really only be ten minutes. She leaned against the wall as fresh tears ran down her cheeks.

A short while later, she finally heard the key in the door, and a few seconds later, the lights were turned on. She looked over at Jack immediately and started crying harder when she saw that he was breathing. Sloane and Cuvee walked into the room a few seconds later and they walked straight over to Jack. Cuvee laughed a little.

“I must admit, I’m impressed. He actually lived through the night.” He grabbed Jack by his hair and yanked his head back. Jack opened his eyes a little. “Hello Jack. You know, part of me really wanted to come down here and find you dead. But I’m glad you’re still alive. That way you can see me having fun with Irina.” He laughed evilly and let go of Jack. Sloane laughed in Jack’s face.

“Yes, we’re all looking forward to having fun with Irina right in front of you.” Cuvee walked over to Irina, grabbed her hair and yanked her head back.

“Crying again, Irina? You really should stop doing that. It’s such an unattractive quality on you.” She didn’t have the strength to talk back to him. He laughed at her. “I was going to have my way with you today, but seeing as we got a little carried away yesterday with torturing Jack, I think I’ll wait until tomorrow. After all, I want Jack to be more awake to see me having fun with you.” He let go of her and took a few steps back. “In the meantime, let’s watch more DVDs.” He looked at the guards. “Get everything set up.” They nodded.

“Right away, sir.” Cuvee turned his head back to Irina.

“Even though Jack might not be able to watch much of the DVDs, you still have to.” All she did was nod and he laughed. Sloane joined in the laugh and soon he and Cuvee sat down to watch the DVDs

A while later dinner was brought down, and Cuvee and Sloane continued watching DVDs after they’d eaten. When another DVD ended a while later they turned the TV off and Cuvee got the guards, who came and removed the equipment again. Sloane walked over to Jack.

“I see, you’re a little more awake, Jack. Not much though. Too bad, because the DVDs we just watched were really nice. But not as nice as the live show will be tomorrow.” He and Cuvee laughed and Cuvee walked over to Irina.

“Yes, the live show will be so nice. So nice.” He took Irina’s face by her chin and raised it so she looked at him. “I’ll be seeing you soon, my dove.” He laughed evilly and let go of her head and walked over to Jack. “I do hope you feel better tomorrow, Jack. I’d hate for you to miss the live show.” He laughed again, and walked over to Sloane by the door. They looked at Jack and Irina one last time before they turned off the lights and left the room.

When they left, Irina started sobbing. Jack wanted to tell her that he loved her, tell her that nothing Sloane and Cuvee did would change the way he felt about her, tell her something that would make her feel better. But he didn’t have any strength in him to say anything. He leaned his head back against the wall, letting the tears roll down his cheeks, felt completely helpless and in some way wished that there would be no tomorrow.

TBC

When they left, Irina started sobbing. Jack wanted to tell her that he loved her, tell her that nothing Sloane and Cuvee did would change the way he felt about her, tell her something that would make her feel better. But he didn’t have any strength in him to say anything. He leaned his head back against the wall, letting the tears roll down his cheeks, felt completely helpless and in some way wished that there would be no tomorrow.

This is just too sad :( Don't make us wait too long..

Time for another chapter. Thank you all for reading and commenting. It means a lot. :smiley:

texasalias2004: Thank you too. :smiley:

Sydney Derevko Bristow: Yeah, it is. I'm going as fast as I can. :smiley:

nicewoman: Well, it takes time to write and I sometimes have other things to do, so I can't do it faster. :smiley:

Chapter 24
Jack sat in the darkness waiting for the inevitable. He had no idea what time it was, but for once he sought comfort in the darkness. He was more conscious than the day before, and was now more aware of how much in pain he was. But the pain in his body was nothing compared to the pain he would be in, when he had to see Cuvee having fun with Irina. He wanted to stay strong, but strength was something he didn’t have much of. Neither physical strength, nor psychological strength.

Irina had lost the ability to stay strong. The only comfort she could find at the moment was that Jack was still alive. They hadn’t really spoken during the night, but she was relieved whenever she’d heard him groan now and again. However, at the same time she was worried about him. She knew that with that much torture and with his injuries before he was tortured, he had to be in terrible pain and in badly need of medical attention. She was about to talk to him, but the door was opened and she froze.

Two guards stepped in and turned on the lights. A few seconds later Cuvee and Sloane stepped into the room as well, and Cuvee walked straight over to Irina. She was looking down in the ground. Cuvee grabbed her by the hair and yanked her head back, so that she would look at him.

“Hello Irina. Today’s the big day. Have you been looking forward to this as much as I have?” She remained silent and tried her best to give him her death glare. He merely laughed in her face and shrugged. “Well, maybe you haven’t and maybe you won’t enjoy it at first. But I assure you that I will enjoy it.” He kept a hold of her hair, and looked over at Jack, who tried his best to give Cuvee his death glare too. “Ah, Jack. I see that you’re more awake than yesterday. I’m glad, because I really didn’t want to put my fun with Irina off for another day.” He laughed again. “You know, I’m almost going to enjoy having my fun with Irina in front of you as much as I’ll be enjoying the act itself.” He looked over at Sloane and gave him a nod. Sloane turned and looked at the guards.

“You can bring it in now.” The guards nodded back.

“Right away, sir.”

One of the guards stepped out of the room, and a few seconds later he returned with two other guards, who were carrying a desk.

“Where do you want us to put the desk, sir?” Cuvee let go of Irina’s hair and gestured to the end of the room.

“Put it down over there.” They did as they were told and left when the task was done. Cuvee walked over to the desk and ran his hand over the surface before looking back at Irina. “Remember this desk, Irina?” He then looked over at Jack. “It should be familiar to you too, Jack. After all, you’ve seen it on the DVDs. Incredible that this desk wasn’t destroyed in the airstrikes.” He ran his hand over the surface again and then laughed. “This sure brings back a lot of fond memories. Wouldn’t you agree, Irina?” Irina was looking down in the ground with her face turning as much away from Cuvee as she could. Sloane laughed.

“And a lot of new memories will be created on that desk.” Cuvee nodded.

“Yes, indeed. A lot of memories.” He walked over to Irina and stood in front of her. “But until that happens, I though that I’d just leave the desk down here for a while. That way you can start to get used to the idea, and think back to how the surface felt against your naked skin.” He laughed. “I’ll see you later, Irina. It’ll be after lunch, and you’ll be my dessert. I think I’ll have an early lunch today, because I can hardly wait to have you.” He walked over to the door with Sloane, and then looked back at Jack. “It won’t be long now, Jack.” He laughed and he and Sloane left the room.

Jack looked over at Irina but she was still looking down in the ground.

“Ir…Irina.” His voice was still not that strong, and he had to swallow a few times. “Iri…Irina.” She shook her head slightly.

“It’s no use, Jack. We can’t stop it, so we might as well accept it.” She started to cry and he leaned his head against the wall, and let her have her space.

At the rescue team’s hideout just before noon, Sydney’s phone rang. She looked at the number and then around everyone else.

“It’s Sark.” Dixon looked at his watch.

“Right on time.” He gave Marshall a nod, and he hooked the phone up to speakers before Sydney answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hello, it’s Julian. I’m just about to walk over to the arranged meeting point. I’ve heard nothing from Sloane or Cuvee indicating that the meeting is rescheduled. The meeting will be very briefly. I’ll get the documents, and he’ll get his money. I will then call you when I’m out of his sight, and when I’m at a safer location I’ll burn the documents and send you the video of that.”

“You better destroy those documents fast. We strike around 1.00, and it’ll take us twenty minutes to get to the prison from our current location.”

“I should be able to be at a safe location for burning the documents around 12.30. It’ll then only take a few minutes from the minute I start burning the documents until you have the video of it. And then you should have enough time to be able to keep your schedule.”

“Good. We better hang up now, so that you’re not late. Good luck.”

“Thank you. I’ll call you in a few minutes.” Sark hung up and Dixon looked around at everyone.

“It’s started. Not long now until we strike.” They all nodded and stood around waiting for Sark to call again.

A couple of minutes later, Sydney’s phone rang again.

“Yes?”

“Everything went according to plan. I have the documents and I’m on my way to destroy them now. I’ll hurry as much as I can. I’ll be in touch in about twenty to twenty-five minutes.”

“Talk to you then.”

“Bye.” Sark hung up again, and Dixon got in touch with the people back at APO on his comms, who’d been listening in on the conversations with Sark.

“Base Camp I assume you all heard everything?”

“Yes, loud and clear.”

“Good. You have about twenty minutes to relax in. Take a walk, get a cup of coffee, go to the restroom.”

“We will. You make sure to stay relaxed too. Talk to you soon.”

“Yeah. We’ll get in touch when Sark calls back and has sent us the video.”

Back at APO Kendall walked out of the meeting room with Katya, Carrie, and Rachel.

“Everyone listen up.” Everyone turned their attention to Kendall. “Sark has at present moment obtained the documents. In about twenty minutes he’ll be calling back to tell us that he’s destroyed the documents and he’ll provide us with a video of that. You have twenty minutes starting now to go to the restroom, to get a cup of coffee, or to just relax. The minute Sark calls back you will not have a second to rest until we have secured the Bristows. Is that understood?” Everyone nodded and Kendall set his watch. “Twenty minutes starting now.” He turned around and looked at Katya, Carrie, and Rachel. “The same goes for the three of you.” They nodded.

“I think I’ll just get myself a cup of coffee and then go to the restroom after. Anyone care to get a cup of coffee too?” They all looked at Carrie and Rachel nodded.

“Yeah that sounds like a good idea.” She looked at Katya. “What about you, Katya?”

“Sure that sounds like a good idea.” Rachel looked at Kendall.

“Kendall?” He nodded.

“I’ll get a cup, but I think I’ll just take mine with me. I want to take a look at everything to make sure everything is as it should be before it all goes down.” She nodded back and the four of them went to the coffeemaker.

In the prison in Kashmir around 12.30 Cuvee and Sloane had just finished eating lunch. Sloane wiped his mouth with his napkin and then picked up his glass of wine. He looked at Cuvee.

“So, I guess we should talk about who gets to have his way with Irina first.” Cuvee looked over at Sloane and cocked an eyebrow at him. Then he laughed.

“There’s nothing to discuss, Arvin. Irina is mine and mine alone.” Sloane gave Cuvee a stern look.

“I came to you with the idea that we should kidnap Jack and Irina, but I agreed that we were equal partners in this, and that I didn’t control you or called the shots. We had an agreement, Gerard, and I expect to get my share.” Cuvee continued to laugh.

“Yes, I did and you do get your share. You get the kids and I get Irina. That’s a fair trade.”

“You don’t want the kids and that’s your problem, but I want Irina too, and I’m going to get her just as much as you. We had a deal.” Cuvee shook his head laughing.

“Well, Arvin, you should know that I can’t really be trusted.”

“Damn it, Gerard, we had a deal. You’re not going to stop me from having my way with Irina. We’re in this together and I will get my share.” Cuvee leaned forward in his chair and gave Sloane an icy look.

“You’ve already had her. You had her before I did. I wanted her before she left for America, but higher ranking officers wouldn’t let me have her. They wanted her to remain a virgin and for her to save herself for her mark. I thought that once she’d been with Jack, she’d come running to me, but she turned me down. She said that Jack would surely catch on if she slept with another man. She came up with a pathetic excuse saying that she might not have time to shower if he paid her a surprise visit in her apartment before they lived together. And once they finally did live together, she used the same excuse. She even turned me down when he was on mission, saying that he would find out that she had been with another man, and that she couldn’t risk anything going wrong with the assignment. So I reluctantly backed off, but as you’ve seen on the DVDs, I took full advantage of her once I had her to myself.” He took a sip of his wine. “You might’ve thought you had her twice, and you might wish to get back at her for cheating you out of the first time you thought you’d slept together. But you don’t get to have her and that’s final.” He took another sip of his wine and put the glass back down. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to get my dessert now.” He got up and walked towards the door. As he passed Sloane he got up too and grabbed Cuvee by the arm.

“You can’t do that to me. I want her too. I want to have my way with her.” Cuvee looked back at Sloane with murderous eyes.

“Let go of me.” Sloane shook his head.

“No, not until you let me have what I want.” Cuvee wrestled out of Sloane’s grip with ease, and grabbed him by the throat. Sloane stumbled backwards a little, but Cuvee kept him in place.

“You might’ve been grand once, Arvin, but your glory days are over.” He laughed. “How do you expect to have your way with Irina, anyway, when you can hardly stand on you leg?” He gave his injured knee a kick, and Sloane winced in pain as much as he could with Cuvee’s hand on his throat. “You’re pathetic, Arvin. Now sit back down and take care of your knee and bruised ego.” He let go of Sloane, walked towards the door and turned back before walking out. “Don’t come to the basement, if you know what’s good for you. Do something else to occupy your time. Feel free to watch some of the DVDs again. Speaking of DVDs, I think I’ll just take one with me. It’s a real turn on to watch me having fun with Irina on screen while I’m having fun with her in real life.” He left laughing leaving an angry Sloane behind.

At the rescue team’s hideout, Sydney’s phone rang again.

“Yes?”

“I’m sending you the video of me destroying the documents as we speak.” Marshall immediately went to check the email, and nodded a few seconds later when he’d received the email.

“Got it. We’re going to look at it now.” Everyone gathered around the computer and concluded that the documents were genuine. Dixon moved closer to the phone.

“I must admit that I’m hesitant to do this, but you came through for us, so tha…”

“No don’t. I don’t deserve your thanks. With everything I’ve ever done to you, you certainly don’t need to thank me. Just get to the prison and get Irina, Jack, and the triplets out safely, and get Sloane and Cuvee. That’s all I want.”

“We’ll do our very best.”

“Good luck. Bye.” Sark hung up the phone and Dixon got in touch with Kendall over his comms.

“Are you ready?”

“Absolutely. Let’s get this over with and bring our family home.”

“We’ll be in touch. We’re leaving for the prison in a few seconds.” He got off the comms and looked around at everyone. “It’s time people. We’re leaving for the prison right now. Everyone get to the cars.” They all nodded and walked out to the waiting cars.

Before everyone got in Chase stopped them.

“Everyone listen up for a second.” They all turned and looked at her. “The most important part of this mission is to get Jack, Irina, and the triplets back safely. If you fail to do that there will be hell to pay. Is that understood?” Everyone nodded. “We can’t afford for anything to go wrong, so you know that your orders are shoot to kill. If you can get Sloane and Cuvee alive, then that would be best. But it won’t be a great loss if you don’t.” She took one last look around everyone looking everyone in the eye. “Move out.” They all got in the cars and drove off.

Back at the prison the door to Jack and Irina’s room was opened and Cuvee walked in. He walked straight over to Irina and smirked at her.

“It’s time Irina.” She flinched at his touch and he laughed. “Well, it’s almost time. I’m just going to bring in the TV and DVD-player so that I can watch me having fun with you on screen, while I also have fun with you right here.” He walked over to one of the guards. “Set it up.”

“Yes, sir.” The guards left to get the equipment and Cuvee walked over to Jack.

“Are you ready for the live show, Jack?” Jack gave Cuvee his death glare, but Cuvee merely laughed in return. When the guards returned Cuvee looked at one of them. “Give me your rifle.”

“Yes, sir.” Irina froze and feared what Cuvee had in mind. When Cuvee got the rifle he looked back at Jack.

“I just thought, I’d have a little fun with you before I have my fun with Irina.” He hit Jack in the stomach with the butt of the rifle a few times and Jack winced in pain. Then he hit him twice in the head and Jack fell further down in his place. Cuvee laughed again. “Well that was fun, but let’s get on with the real fun.” He gave the guard his rifle back and looked at them. “Set up the equipment.”

The guards set up the equipment and took their time doing so. In the mean time Cuvee was running his hand over the surface of the desk. When they were done, they looked at Cuvee.

“Done, sir.” He smiled

“Good. Now I need your help with her.” He pointed at Irina and some of the guards picked up the rope, they’d brought with them. He walked closer to Irina and looked at her. “Will you be a good little girl and let these nice men unchain you, so that they can tie you to the table?” She gave him her death glare.

“Go to hell, Gerard.” He got mad and slapped her hard across the face.

“I guess not.” He reached his hand out behind him without looking at the guards. “Give me a rifle.” One of the guards stepped forward and handed Cuvee his rifle. Cuvee then hit Irina in the stomach several times with the butt of the rifle and once in the face. He handed the guard his rifle back and smirked. “I guess that ought to do it.” He looked back at the guards. “Unchain her and tie her to the table.”

Jack moved a little in his place and wanted to strangle Cuvee. But he was slightly distracted by the pain in his butt. Something was poking his butt and he was able to reach down in his back pocket to see what was making him uncomfortable. When he got a hold of the item and took it out of his pocket, he felt it and a few seconds later he realized what it was. It was the hairpin that hadn’t been able to stay in Maddie’s hair on the day when he last saw her. He had forgotten all about taking it out of his pocket when the triplets had been kidnapped that same day, and he hadn’t realized that he had been wearing the same pants the day he and Irina were kidnapped as the day the triplets were kidnapped.

Jack looked over at Irina and saw the guards unlocking her chains and grabbing her. He didn’t have much strength, but he knew that he had to try to see if he could get his chains open. If he succeeded he might have an opening to try and take out Cuvee. He knew that it was probably a long shot, and with his limited strength it was a suicidal mission. But if it was the last thing he did in life, he would try and stop Cuvee from hurting Irina.

When the guards grabbed Irina she tried to wrestle away from them, but with Cuvee just having hit her she didn’t have much strength, and it would’ve been pointless anyway. They had a strong hold of her and held her out to Cuvee.

“How do you want us to tie her down?”

“I want her on her back. Her arms go over her head with her wrists tied to the table legs. Bend her legs at the knees with the rope around her ankles and tie them to the table legs. I want her ass at the end at the table, so that I’m in full control of her and can go as fast and hard as I want.” The guards nodded.

“Understood, sir. What about her clothes?”

“I’ll get rid of those myself.”

“Yes, sir.”

The guards did as they were told. While they were doing that, Jack was doing his best to try and unlock his chains with the help of the hairpin. He had a feeling that Cuvee wouldn’t want the guards in the room while he had his fun, and he knew that would be his opening, if he could unlock the chains. He still had some time, but also figured he didn’t have much, so he worked as fast as he could without being noticed.

Outside the prison the rescue team had arrived and had spread out. Dixon got on his comms with the rest of the teams.

“Team one in position. Team two what’s your status?”

“In position and waiting your command.”

“Team three?”

“In position and waiting your command.”

“Team four?”

“In position and waiting your command.” Dixon got in touch with the team back at APO.

“Base Camp how is the situation looking?” Kendall’s voice came in on comms.

“According to the map of where the security monitors are, there are still some guards looking at them. Hang on, I think we’re about to get an opening.” Kendall watched the guards walking away from the security monitors. “Set the security monitors to go into a loop now.”

Dixon got in touch with Marshall, who was still sitting in the van from where he’d set the security cameras to go around in a loop, so that the rescue team wouldn’t be noticed on the monitors.

“Marshall, did you get that?”

“Yes, and…..done.”

“Base Camp, any sign of the guards being suspicious?”

“They’re returning to the security monitors now. Let’s give them a few seconds.” They waited around for a few seconds and Kendall got back on the comms. “They haven’t noticed anything.”

“Good. What’s the current status?”

“There are twenty-six guards patrolling the grounds outside. Seven at the front and back, and six on each side of the prison. There are five guards in the room with the security cameras, fourteen guards in the living room area, five guards standing guard outside of the room the triplets are in, two in the bedroom in the right corner facing the front on the same floor as the office, four in the kitchen, and one in the office. And there are six people in the room that Jack and Irina are in.” He took a deep breath. “Jack and Irina have just been beaten, and at the moment it seems like Irina is being tied down to something. I have a feeling that something very horrible is about to happen, so you really need to get them out right now.” He heard the intake of sharp breaths, which he could only assume belonged to Sydney and Nadia.

“You’re our eyes, so we’re only waiting on the word ‘go’ from you.”

“Go.” Dixon got on comms with all the teams.

“You heard him. All teams move in.”

In the basement the guards were done tying down a crying Irina.

“What are you orders, sir?”

“Leave. I don’t want any of you in here while I have my fun. And don’t stay close to the room. Go far away.” He laughed. “It’s not like I’ll be needing any of you anyway.”

“Yes, sir.”

They nodded and when they left Cuvee walked over to the TV, picked up the remote control and turned on one of the DVDs with him having fun of Irina. When he’d done that, he walked over to Irina and got his knife out. He ran the tip of the blade up and down her body while he licked his lips.

“You know, Irina, perhaps I should think about kidnapping Sydney and Nadia too. I wouldn’t mind finding out if they’re as good as their mother. They certainly are just as beautiful.” He took a hold of her shirt and slit it open with his knife and then groped her breasts with his free hand. “Let’s get rid of the bra. It’s just in the way.” He ripped the bra open with the knife and groped her naked breasts for a while. “Now, let’s get the rest of your clothes off.”

In Sloane and Cuvee’s office two guards walked in quickly and Sloane looked at them confused.

“What is it?”

“Sir, we’ve just spotted Sydney and Michael Vaughn accompanied by five guards close to the front entrance.”

“What? Why didn’t the security team spot them on the security monitors?”

“The security monitors aren’t showing any irregularities. They must have sent the signal into a loop or something.” Sloane shook his head furiously and walked over to the safe. He unlocked it and took out what he thought was the documents. He looked through them and gaped when he noticed the blank sheets of paper there and not the documents. He let out a frustrated grunt.

“Sark.” He looked at the guards. “We’re leaving and fast.” He walked over to the computer and the guards looked at each other confused and then back at Sloane.

“Should we inform Mr. Cuvee?”

“No. Mr. Cuvee has chosen not to share certain things with me, so I don’t find it necessary to share this information with him. He’s on his own. And the fewer people who escape, the better.”

“What about Sark? He’s coming back tonight with the last documents.”

“No he isn’t. The documents that were already here are no longer in the safe, so I can only conclude that Mr. Sark has betrayed us. Which I can only assume is why the CIA is here. We have to assume that he’s given them all information about this place, including the satellite readings. But there’s a way to change that.” He looked at the guards. “Get the team of guards from the security room and the guards from the kitchen. Do it fast but discreetly. I don’t want to draw attention to any of the other guards.”

“Understood, sir.”

“Get to the cars as fast as you can.” They nodded and left. Sloane typed in a bunch of keys and smirked. “Let’s see you trying to find me now.” He kept smirking and left the office.

Everyone at APO gaped when they lost the satellite readings. Kendall shook his head frustrated and got on the comms with everyone in Kashmir.

“We lost the satellite readings. They must be on to us.”

“What? How the hell did that happen?”

“We don’t know. Like we just told you, two guards entered the office after one of them returned from the security room. It seems like the person already in the office walked over to the safe and then over to the computer, and a few seconds after the guards left we lost the satellite readings.”

“What the hell are we supposed to do now? It’ll be like stumbling around in the dark.”

“Yeah, I know.” He ran his hand over his head and Katya got on comms with everyone.

“Everyone listen up. Things haven’t changed that much. No one left the kitchen, the living area, and no one left their position outside of the triplets’ room. I think we can assume that the person in the office was Sloane and that he’s going to escape. What we don’t know is how many guards he’ll be taking other than the two, who were in the office. But one of those guards was also in the security room, and both guards left the office just before we lost the signal. So we have to assume that maybe the guards in the security room will go with Sloane. We know that the cars are at the back of the building, so be prepared that Sloane will come from that exit.” Dixon got on comms with Katya.

“We have taken the guards out on this side, but will wait to see if any of the guards are coming out of the garage.”

“Good. Now team three, what’s your position?” Nadia came on the comms.

“We’ve taken out the guards on our side, and are moving inside. We’re by the door and will proceed to the room the triplets are in.”

“Be careful and good luck. Team two, what’s your status?” Sydney came on comms.

“We’re by the entrance and will proceed inside to the basement.”

“Good. Be careful and good luck. And team four?”

“Just getting our foot inside and will move towards the living area.”

“Good. Be careful and good luck to you, too.”

Kendall looked over at Katya and sighed a little in relief.

At the back of the building the garage opened and team one got ready to strike. The minute the guards came into sight they started to fire. The guards quickly picked up their weapons and fired back. The rescue team took cover and fired from a safe distance. Sloane came into view and Marshall moved around from his hiding and fired his gun. One of his bullets hit Sloane in his already injured knee and he fell down only a few feet away from the car door. The guards noticed Sloane on the ground.

“Get him into the car.”

Two of the guards helped Sloane into the car and another slipped into the driver’s seat while everyone else, fired back. The car took off with Dixon and some of the other member’s of the rescue team shooting at the car. Dixon got in touch with Kendall over the comms.

“Sloane’s getting away and we can’t stop him. The car is bulletproof.”

“You need to get Marshall to the computer in the office as fast as you can.”

“We’ll do our best, but with the shooting we’re bound to cause attention.”

“Just do the best you can.”

Outside the room the triplets were in Nadia and Eric’s team had taken out the last of the guards, and Nadia came in on comms.

“The guards are down. Checking to see if the door is in anyway trapped.” She along with another team member checked the door while Eric got the key from one of the guards. “It’s clean.” Kendall spoke to her.

“Then get them out of there.”

Eric opened the door as quickly as he could, and when they entered they saw that the triplets froze by the sudden unknown intrusion. They were still blindfolded and tied up and Nadia gasped a little before she, Eric, and the rest of the team ran to their rescue.

“Maddie, Caitie, and Ethan, it’s Nadia and Eric.”

“NADIA.” The triplets started to cry.

“Help us.”

“We will. We’re here to take you home.” Nadia took their blindfolds off, while Eric and some of the others removed the ropes. The triplets cried even harder when they saw their sister.

“It’s really you.”

“Yes, it’s really me.” The second they were free of their ropes, they threw their arms around their sister, and she threw her arms around them hugging them tightly and kissing them. Eric joined in the hug and sighed in relief.

“We finally got you.” They looked back at him and were glad to see him too.

“Listen.” The triplets turned back towards Nadia. “Mom and dad have been kidnapped too, and we have to help get them out.” The triplets gasped at the sound of their parents being here too. “I need you to go with these men. You’re safe with them, and they’ll protect you. Okay? Can you do that for me?” They nodded a little.

“Yes.” She smiled.

“Good.” She gave them another kiss and then looked at the other team members. “Make sure the coast is absolutely clear before you leave with them.

“We will.” Nadia nodded and she and Eric got up and left the room.

In the meantime in the room Jack and Irina were in, they and Cuvee were oblivious to what was going on in and out of the prison, due to the room being pretty soundproofed. Cuvee had now removed all of Irina’s clothes and put the knife back in his pocket. He ran his hand up and down her body and squeezed her breasts hard. He then walked over to Jack.

“I’m not going to wait any longer. As you can see, I’m ready for her. All I need to do is to remove my clothes.” He laughed in Jack’s face. “You know the rules Jack. You look, or I kill Irina. Understood?” Jack gave him his death glare.

“Yes.” Cuvee continued to laugh and turned his back to Jack.

A few seconds after Cuvee walked away from Jack, he was finally free of his chains. The hairpin had worked and he sighed in relief. He knew that this was his shot to overtake Cuvee, but also knew that his strength was limited and that this could end very badly. But he also knew that he had to try to fight Cuvee.

Cuvee was blocking Irina’s sight, so that she couldn’t see Jack and that gave Jack the element of surprise. Had she been able to see him, she might have given him away. Even the slightest movement with her eyes would be enough to alert Cuvee about something being off.

Jack slowly got in a squatting position. He could feel the pain shooting through his body and he took a deep breath and prepared himself to attack Cuvee. The minute Cuvee started to pull his shirt over his head, he saw his opening and charged at him trying to get his gun. Cuvee stumbled forward a bit, and Irina watched as much as she could and was shocked that Jack was free.

However, Jack didn’t have enough strength and Cuvee easily elbowed him in the stomach. That resulted in Jack letting go of Cuvee, and Cuvee put his shirt back on and turned around. He then punched Jack in the stomach a few times, and then a few times in the face, which sent Jack to the ground. Cuvee laughed at him.

“I’m impressed Jack. I don’t know how you got free, but I’m impressed. But you really are a fool, if you thought you could overpower me in your weaken state. I really wanted you to see me having fun with Irina, but I just don’t want to tie you back up again. Nor do I wish to call the guards and have them do it.” He took out his gun, took the safety off, and pointed it at Jack. “Say goodbye to your husband, Irina.”

“NO GERARD, NO. PLEASE DON’T KILL HIM. DON’T KILL HIM.” She looked at Jack. “I LOVE YOU JACK. I LOVE YOU.” The tears were rolling down her cheeks, and Jack was crying too.

“I love you too, Irina. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” Cuvee shook his head frustrated.

“You two make me sick.” He then fired twice and shot Jack in the chest. Jack fell down completely and Irina shook her head furiously.

“NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.” Jack had trouble breathing and he tried his best to focus on Irina.

“Lo….love…..y….y…..” Cuvee fired another shot to Jack’s chest and Jack stopped moving. He stood watching Jack for a few seconds and then walked closer to him. He kicked at him to see if he was really dead, and when Jack still didn’t move, he laughed. Then he threw the gun on the ground, threw his clothes on the ground too, so that he was completely naked and walked over to the desk standing by Irina’s feet. She was sobbing and her whole body was shaking. He just laughed evilly.

“Are you ready for a little reeducation, Irina?”

TBC

OMG, is jack okay??? If jack is still alive he is the bionic man, because I don't know many men his age that could get tortured almost to death, sustain multiple gun shot wounds, and on top of that brusises and wounds from being beaten repeatedly that are probably infected.I hope syd/nadia kick down the door and shoot cuvee to his death.

Ohh, I'm almost dancing when I read that two bastards are fighting each other. Heh! ;)

Nooo, you can't let Jack die! :( And Sloane got away?! :thinking:

I hope the next update will be about slicing and torturing Cuvee bit by bit. 👅

Back