It Was For The Best - Part 2

We are just trying to encourage some certain writer to write that... ;) 👅
That's understandable. :lol: But the story exists in my head, so there's nothing you can do to encourage me. I won't take my story in another direction than where I'm already going with it. You might not like the outcome, but it's where I want to take things. And that's all I'm saying. 👅

It Was For The Best - Part 2.

Next chapter is here. Enjoy. Thank you for all the lovely comments and for reading. It means so much. :smiley:

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: You'll find out who Cuvee is working with in this chapter. Sark might just enter the picture. Thank you. :smiley: Irina won't be beating anyone up.

Mcabello: Thank you.

TheDerevkoGirl: It's good to see your gut instinct was correct. Irina won't be shooting anyone. Everyone still has contacts that they can use in their work, but I'm not sure it'll do much good. It's definitely terrible losing the triplets. No, you're not one to talk. :lol: I'm trying the best I can. Time will tell about Sark.

Sydney Derevko Bristow: Who says it's not Sark? Jack and Irina's "security department" is only in charge of putting the tap on the phone. The police are still investigating the case and will get information from Jack and Irina if there are any. The police will also get in touch with them, though, you might not hear about it does happen. Irina won't hurt Chase.

Dlenafan: Oh yes, Cuvee. You'll find out who it is. Jack and Irina won't do that. But should Jack and Irina feel safe? I'm trying my best. :lol: Thank you. :smiley:

texasalias2004: It might not be so easy. Thank you. :smiley:

nicewoman: Yes, he is. You'll find out who 'dove' is. Thank you. :smiley:

Chapter 17
Everyone stared wide eyed at Irina. No one could believe that she’d just mentioned Cuvee as the one who had the triplets. Jack’s mouth had gone dry and he had to swallow a few times.

“Are you sure?” She nodded. “How can you be sure? I mean the last time we saw him, I knocked him unconscious and he might not have gotten out in time before the airstrikes really hit.”

“No, I know it’s him, because that’s what he used to call me. He used to call me his dove.” She swallowed. “And he said those exact words to me whenever he stopped by my cell, and….” She swallowed a few more times. “And he also used those exact words whenever he’d had his way with me. It was his way of reminding me that he’d be back for more.” She put her face in her hands and started sobbing. Jack took her in his arms and held her tightly. Everyone looked even more horrified and Sydney and Nadia started to cry a little too.

“So all along we’ve thought it was Sloane, who was behind it, but it’s really Cuvee. Somehow I think that’s even worse.” Eric looked apologetically at Jack and Irina. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to make the situation even more horrible than it already is.” Jack shook his head.

“It’s okay. We might as well be realistic about it.” Irina nodded too.

“Is there any particular reason why Cuvee would want to kidnap the triplets?” Irina shook her head.

“No, none other than being out to get me and possibly Jack. At least I can’t think of anything.”

“I hate to ask this question, but do you think Cuvee is out to hurt the triplets?” Irina shuddered by Dixon’s question.

“I don’t know. It’s Cuvee after all, so I fear that he might. But maybe he’s just kidnapped them in order to get to me. I’m sure he wants something else than just taking them.”

“Yes, the message did say that he’d be seeing you soon.”

“But what does that mean? Is he planning on showing himself and asking for money or something else?” Jack was clearly frustrated. Dixon shook his head slightly.

“We don’t know. But we have to assume that whatever he wants, it has to do with Irina.” Irina was close to throwing up.

“Excuse me.” She ran out of the meeting room with a hand on her mouth. Sydney and Nadia looked in the direction of their mother and then back at their father. Jack nodded and they both ran after her. Jack turned around to face everyone and had a murderous glare in his eyes.

“That ba***d will not get her. I don’t care what he wants, but he is not getting her. He’s hurt her too much, and I will not allow him to hurt her like that again or in any other way. I would rather die than see him hurt her again.”

“We don’t want to see her hurt either. We’ll do whatever we can to catch him, but we might have to wait for him to make the next move. We have no leads, so we have nothing to go on.” Jack nodded.

“Yeah, I suppose you’re right. But I just can’t stand to sit by and do nothing while that ba***d has my children.” Katya stepped forward.

“We know Jack. But you have to stay positive and believe that we’ll get them back safely. If you don’t believe that then it’ll eat you up inside and that’s no good. You have to stay positive.”

“It’s already eating me up inside. So excuse me if I can’t stay positive.”

“You have to. We all have to.” He nodded slightly and ran a hand over his head.

“Yeah, maybe.” A few moments later Sydney and Nadia returned. Jack looked at them. “Where’s your mother?”

“She’s in your office.” He nodded and looked at everyone else.

“Now that we know who has them get in touch with headquarters and Washington. They’ll get in touch with every international intelligence agency and tell them to be on the lookout for Cuvee.”

“We’ll get right on it, Jack.” He nodded and went towards the door. Just before walking out, Sydney and Nadia gave him a hug. He gave them each a kiss on the forehead and left for his office.

When he got to his office he found Irina sitting in his chair. She was staring blankly into space and looked very pale. Knowing what Cuvee had done to her, he feared for what he’d do to the triplets and what the message could mean. He slowly approached her and squatted down in front of her taking her hands in his.

“How are you?” She swallowed a few times.

“Not good. I’m scared Jack. Scared for what he’ll do to the kids and scared of not knowing what he’s up to. He doesn’t like children.” She started to shake and cry again. “God, if he’s hurt them. I can’t stand to think that he’s hurt them.” Jack took her in his arms, hugging her tightly and letting his own tears fall.

“We’ll get them back. I promise you that we’ll get them back. He can’t just take them and not show himself or make any demands. The message also indicated that he’ll make some sort of contact. Unfortunately, with no leads to go on, we’ll have to wait for him to make his next move.”

“I know we have to, but it just hurts so badly not knowing where they are and how they are.”

“Yes, it hurts like hell. But now that we know that he’s the one who has them, I’m sure that he won’t make us wait long before we hear from him again.”

“I hope you’re right.” They stayed in Jack’s office hugging each other for a while longer in silence before joining the others.

The next few days went by without no leads and no clues as to where the triplets were. Everyone was getting more and more frustrated from not hearing anything more from Cuvee. Jack and Irina got more and more scared, but tried to the best of their abilities to keep calm, and trying to remind themselves that they were just being toyed with. Everyone also had a hard time sleeping or resting, so they were also all exhausted.

Four days after getting the coded message they still hadn’t heard anything. Jack and Irina were just sitting in his office not really capable of doing much of anything. Suddenly Dixon walked hurriedly into the office. They both looked up when he entered.

“Hayden just called. Headquarters received a disk including a message entitled ‘the triplets’. The disk more than likely contains a video.” Jack and Irina got out of their seats immediately.

“And?”

“The disk is being analyzed as we speak. They want to make sure it doesn’t contain any traps or anything else that could be harmful. As soon as it’s done Hayden will bring it over.”

“How soon will that be?”

“The tests will take a few hours. The team they’ve got working on it, will work as fast as they can.” Irina nodded.

“Yeah, we know.” Dixon smiled a little.

“I know it’s hard to stay positive, but we’ll more than likely have some new leads. Cuvee will more than likely make some kind of demands. It’ll only be a few hours before we know.” They both managed to smile a little at him.

“Thank you Marcus.” He nodded.

“I’ll just let everyone know about the disk and give you some privacy. Is there anything I can get you?”

“No, thank you.”

“You know if you need anything, all you have to do is call one of us.”

“Yeah, we know.” Dixon nodded.

“I’ll just inform everyone.” He left and Jack and Irina looked at each other. They both looked a little scared for what the disk would contain. If it was a video, they hoped to see the kids and that they were alive and well. Jack took her face in his hands.

“Just a few hours, and then we’ll know more.” She nodded through her tears.

“Yeah.” He hugged her and kissed her head.

“Just a few hours.”

A little while later Sydney and Nadia joined their parents in their father’s office. They all sat in silence and took comfort in just being together. No words needed to be said, because no words could make the situation better.

A while later Vaughn, Eric, and Katya joined them too. Like Sydney and Nadia they sat down and joined in the silence. Later Marshall and Carrie joined them too, and a while later again Kendall and Dixon came in too. Everyone immediately looked at the two of them, but Dixon shook his head, indicating that there was no news yet.

When another hour went by without any news Katya, Kendall, and Dixon went out to get everyone a cup of coffee or tea. Everyone accepted the cup of coffee or tea in silence, only giving a short nod. When they were done, pretty much everyone was playing with their cup in their hands.

Another hour passed and by now Jack and Irina were pacing around in Jack’s office. No one knew what to say to them, and decided to let them pace. The truth was, no one could really sit still. Everyone was nervous for what would be on the disk.

Thirty minutes later Jack’s phone rang. Jack nearly ran to get it.

“Bristow.”

“Sir, Director Chase is here.”

“Thank you.” He hung up without saying anything else and looked around at everyone else. “She’s here.” They all looked around at each other nervously, and took a few deep breaths before going out to meet Chase.

Chase looked around at everyone when they met up with her.

“Let’s see what’s on this disk.” They nodded and everyone walked into the meeting room. Chase gave Dixon the disk and he set things up so they could watch it, while everyone took a seat around the table. When Dixon was done, he took a seat too, and looked at Jack and Irina.

“Ready?” They both shook their heads a little. Jack looked at him.

“No, not really, but play the disk.” Dixon nodded and pressed play.

Cuvee immediately came into view when the disk started to play. He had that same evil grin on his face that he always had. It made Irina shiver and Jack took hold of her hand.

“Hello Irina, my dove. It seems you’ve been quite busy. Triplets. I must say that I’m impressed that a woman at your age could have triplets. But then again you’re not like most women, are you?” He laughed and then he shook his head. “However, I’m disappointed that you had them with that ba***d husband of yours. I thought I had re-educated you better to never want to have anything to do with that pig again.” He smirked on screen as Irina gripped Jack’s hand tighter. “Hello Jack. How does it feel to know that I have your children? How does it feel to be absolutely helpless?” Jack stared angrily back at Cuvee’s face on the screen. “I don’t care much for children, but there’s something about yours. Probably because they look like their mother. Well, except for the boy. He looks too much like you Jack, for my liking. Poor kid. I’m sure that you want to know about your children. Well, allow me to tell you that they’re just fine.” He laughed evilly. “For now at least.” Everyone gasped a little and swallowed. “You won’t be seeing them here on your screen, but I’ll allow you to see some recent pictures of them. My partner will show you them.”

Everyone looked around at each other briefly.

“Partner? He’s not working alone?” They all looked back at the screen and gasped again when they saw that yet another familiar face appeared on screen.

“Hello everyone.” Sydney shook her head.

“Sloane? He’s in on this? They’re working together?” Everyone shook their heads in disbelief as Sloane continued to speak.

“Hello Irina. Sydney. Nadia.” He spoke with what he himself would call warmth, but it made everyone’s skin crawl, just like Cuvee’s voice had done. Sloane now smirked. “Hello Jack. I get my hands on your children once again. Of course, this time I actually know that they’re yours.” He smiled. “Sydney. Nadia. I still think of you as my daughters. I know before the paternity test that you were probably never really my daughter Sydney. But I recruited you to SD-6, and I took care of you when your own father neglected you. Remember that.” He smiled and they could tell that he was reminiscing. Sydney shook her head.

“Newsflash you sick ba***d. My father never neglected me.” There was a time when she’d believed that he had. But since knowing the truth about him and her mother, she had over the years come to know more and more that he’d always loved her, and that he’d always done whatever he could to protect her and the ones she loved, thereby never neglecting her. There had never been any doubt about that since about Sovogda. She had come to understand why her father had been so hurt by her mother and what led him to be the way he had been for so many years. But when her parents got back together he changed more and more. He was happy, smiling, and not afraid to show emotions. It was a long time ago that it had been awkward for her father to hug her, kiss her, or tell her he loved her. But not anymore. As a child she’d always thought she wanted her father to pay attention to her. What she’d come to realize as an adult, was that all she wanted was for her father to be happy and smiling. If he was happy, she was happy. And he’d been that truly, for the last five years. Not even Sloane or Cuvee could change that.

“Nadia. You once were my daughter. We both believed that. I loved you as my daughter, and I still love you. We could have changed the world together, if you hadn’t betrayed me. It could’ve been so beautiful.” Nadia shook her head as well.

“He’s really only gotten more sick and twisted over the years. He makes me want to throw up.” Sloane smirked.

“I might never be able to be a father to the two of you, but then I’m lucky that I can be that to your siblings.” He laughed evilly while everyone in the meeting room gasped and stared wide eyed. Tears started to fall from Irina’s, Sydney’s, Nadia’s, Carrie’s, and Marshall’s eyes. Jack was teary eyed too. “You can relax for now. We haven’t started the treatment yet and it’ll take a while before we do. We’re doing some changes to the same treatment Sydney went through, when she was made to believe that she was Julia Thorne. This time I’m sure it’ll be more affective, since I doubt the triplets have been through Project Christmas.” He laughed again. “But you can be sure that one day they’ll be calling me daddy, and I’ll be the one they run to for comfort. I’ll see them grow up and live their lives. I’ll give my daughters away at their weddings and all three of them will give me beautiful grandchildren. And you can be sure that I’ll be a better parent than either of you are. I’ll give them new names, and I think that Arvin Junior is a perfect name for my future son.” Jack hugged Irina tighter. “But let me show you those pictures that Gerard was talking about.” He held them up to the camera and the camera zoomed in on them. Everyone gasped again when they saw pictures of the triplets being tired up and blindfolded. Irina shook her head.

“Oh god, Jack. Look at them.” Jack swallowed and his own tears fell silently.

“Yeah, I know. But we’ll get them back. He won’t be able to hurt them. Not the way he intends to.” Cuvee put a hand on Sloane’s arm, indicating him to remove the pictures from the camera.

“I think you’ve looked at them long enough. They cry for you a lot and scream your names out loud a lot. It’s really annoying. But once we’ve convinced them that Arvin is their father that will stop.”

“Yes, I’m really looking forward to becoming their father.” They both laughed and everyone in the meeting room shook their heads.

“Well, this little greeting is coming to an end, but let us just introduce another member of our team. It’s someone you know too.” Everyone had no idea who to expect this time, but nodded their heads when Sark stepped into view. He gave them his usual smile.

“Hello to all of you.”

“Of course Sark’s involved too.”

“We sent Langley coordinates of my supposed whereabouts to the middle of nowhere in a forest in Russia to get you out of the country. We knew that you would jump at the chance to catch me and that you would be thorough, so we knew that you’d be out of the country for a few days. That gave us the opportunity to sent Sark to LA, to get closer to the school, so that he could get an inside look at it, and know when the triplets would be out for recess.” All three laughed. “Yes, everything is indeed carefully planned out.” Sark smiled a little more.

“I must say you have some lovely children. But since I’ve met Sydney, I of course already know that you make lovely children together. I hope to meet you one day too, Nadia.” Sloane nodded.

“Believe me Sark, you will one day.” They all stared wide eyed at the screen as they watched Cuvee, Sloane, and Sark laugh on screen. Cuvee took a step forward.

“Well, this has been fun and all, but we have to go. We’ll be in touch. I’ll be seeing you soon, my dove.” Then the video stopped and Irina broke down crying. Jack hugged her even tighter.

The rest sat looking at the blank screen for a little while without saying anything. Jack finally spoke after a few moments of silence.

“Take the disk and analyze the video. Analyze every sound, every movement, every detail. Everything. I want to know where they are, so that we can get the kids home, and put Cuvee, Sloane, and Sark behind bars where they belong.” Everyone nodded and got up from their seats. Dixon took the disk out and gave it to Marshall, who ran off towards his office immediately. Carrie gave Irina’s shoulder a squeeze before going off towards Marshall’s office. Katya walked over to Jack and Irina.

“Why don’t the two of you go into Jack’s office. I’ll bring you a cup of coffee. We’ll take care of everything and get you when we have some answers.” Jack nodded slightly.

“Yeah. Thanks.” Jack and Irina went to his office, while the rest of them went to Marshall’s office to help out with analyzing the video.

When Jack and Irina got into Jack’s office they sat down across from each other holding hands. A few moments later Katya came into the office with their coffee. She left them alone, knowing that although they needed their family and friends around, they also needed their space and room to breathe and absorb all the new information. Nothing anyone said could make the situation better anyway.

An hour and a half later, Chase went to Jack’s office. Before walking in she looked at them. They were holding each other and crying. She had seen day after day how heartbroken and devastated they were, but somehow she was still stunned by their behavior. It seemed so unnatural to her to see them like this. Especially to see Irina like this. She stood and looked at them for a few seconds more before walking in.

“Excuse me.” Irina hadn’t been able to feel much of anything since the triplets had been kidnapped. But hearing Chase’s voice she raised her head rapidly and spat at her.

“What? Do you have some remark you want to throw in our faces? Or just at me? Do you have something hurtful to say, when I’m feeling like hell?” Chase was stunned by Irina’s outburst, but shook her head and spoke softly.

“No that’s not why I’m here.”

“Then what?”

“I just wanted to let you know that we’re doing everything we can to find your children and get them home safely. I assure you that we won’t rest until we find them. We haven’t gotten any leads yet from analyzing the video, but I’m sure we will. That’s just all I wanted to tell you. If there’s anything I can do for you, let me know.” Irina eased up on her angry expression and nodded. Jack nodded too and Chase nodded back. “I’ll just leave you alone, and go back and help out.” She smiled a little hopeful and then left.

Hours later Jack and Irina had moved to the meeting room after having paced around APO from time to time. They were frustrated, restless, and angry that there was nothing they could do. That they didn’t know where their kids were. When the doors opened and everyone else walked in, they got up from their seats and walked a little closer.

“Well?” Everyone looked around at each other. Dixon took the lead and shook his head.

“I’m sorry, but there are no leads.” Jack and Irina both looked around at everyone dumbfounded.

“What? What do you mean that there are no leads? That can’t be possible. There must be something.”

“I’m sorry Jack, but there really are no leads or clues.” Jack shook his head angrily.

“That can’t be true. What about a specific noise or something that can pinpoint a location?” Marshall shook his head.

“No, there’s absolutely nothing. The video was professionally made. They counted for everything. They made sure that there was nothing for us to analyze. You saw that they’d put up sheets in the background. All we could make out was that there was a brick wall behind it, and that could be anywhere in the world. There were no noises that could give us a specific location or just an area. The pictures of the triplets didn’t give anything away either. I’m sorry Jack, but there’s nothing. We don’t know where they are.” Jack got more and more angry.

“There has to be something. Anything. Go back and analyze the video again. You must’ve missed something.” Sydney and Nadia stepped forward. They both had tears in their eyes.

“Dad, there’s nothing in the video. We’ve checked the video thoroughly several times, and we still can’t find anything.”

“No matter how many times we analyze the video, the result will still be the same. There are simply no clues.” Jack shook his head more and more.

“No, no, no, no, no. There has to be something. Anything. We can’t just sit around and keep waiting.” He started to raise his voice more and more. “There must be something you overlooked. There has to be a clue. There has to be. THERE HAS TO BE.” He spun around and threw the coffee mug he was holding at one of the monitors. It shattered and most of them gasped a little.

Jack slowly turned around to face everyone. His chest was heaving from being so worked up. No one knew what to say to him. He still had an angry expression on his face. Irina placed a hand on his shoulder and he turned to look at her. She moved her hand to his cheek and for a few seconds they just looked at each other. Irina’s tears were falling from her eyes and in a split second Jack broke down sobbing. He buried his face in her shoulder and they held each other tightly. The rest of them looked around at each other, not really knowing what to do. Sydney and Nadia joined in the hug, and cried too. Everyone else silently left the meeting room and went back to check the video again.

A few hours later they returned with the same result. They still didn’t have any idea of where the triplets were. Jack and Irina then went home. Soon everyone else went home too. Eric and Marshall stayed at APO. A few days after the kidnapping, everyone had agreed that two people would stay at APO throughout the night, in case anything happened. The two people staying would be able to sleep while they were there though. But in case anything happened, the people staying could start to analyze or work out on how to approach things, until everyone else got there.

Nothing happened that night after they’d seen the video, and nothing happened the following days. Everyone turned up at APO every day, more tired and frustrated with each passing day. Five days after they’d seen the video, Jack and Irina left for APO. As they walked out of the door, they saw Katya pulling into the driveway. She’d been at APO during the night with Dixon. They walked towards her, and she walked towards them when she got out of the car.

“Did anything happen during the night?” Katya shook her head.

“No. If anything had happened, you would’ve known about it.” Irina nodded.

“Yeah, we know. Are you coming back to APO, or are you staying here for a while?”

“I’m just going to have a shower, something to eat, and then I’m going to APO again. Marcus and I slept plenty at APO.”

“Okay. We’ll leave then. We’d offer to wait for you, but we really want to get there in case anything shows up.” Katya nodded.

“Of course. Go. I’ll see you soon.” She hugged Irina and gave both her and Jack an optimistic smile.

Jack and Irina left for APO. They didn’t communicate much in the car. Both of them were too much lost in thought. However, something caught Jack’s attention in the rear-view mirror. He looked again and Irina noticed him.

“What is it, Jack?”

“We’re being followed.” She stared a little wide eyed.

“What? Are you sure?”

“Yes. There are two black vans a few cars back. Both of them have tinted windows.” Irina looked in her side-view mirror and then straight ahead.

“I see them.”

“Get APO on the phone.” She nodded and took out her phone. She tried, but didn’t get a signal.

“It’s not working.”

“What?”

“There’s no signal. They must be blocking it.”

“Damn it.” He shook his head. “We have to get off the road and see if we can’t shake them.” She nodded. They passed an access road and another black van joined them.

“Jack, now there are three of them.”

“I see it. We’ll get off at the next exit. Keep trying to get in touch with APO.” She nodded.

They got off the highway, and the three vans followed them. As they kept driving another black van drove out in front of them a little further ahead of them.

“They’re determined to get us. We need to get out of here and fast.”

“I know. Still no contact with APO?”

“No, none.”

“I don’t think we’ll be able to get in touch with them. Hang on and get your gun out just in case.”

Jack floored it and pulled down the next street. The vans followed him and drove just as fast. He drove down several streets trying to get rid of them, but they were still hot on his tail. Just as they passed another street, another van exited that one and drove right next to them. It drove closer and closer to Jack and Irina’s car, pressing their car further to the right. Jack drove faster but didn’t really get away from them. Just as they were about to pass a street on their right, another van came out of that street and got in front of them. That surprised Jack. He bumped into the car next to him a little bit, but got control over the car quickly. The car in front of them slowed down a little.

“You have to hit the car, Jack. There’s a street coming up on my right, and that’s the only chance we’ll have for a long time.”

“Hang on.”

He floored it even more, and hit the car. He then pulled to the right, but the car in front of him followed him. Jack hit the car again, but the same thing happened. They were nearly at the street, and Jack tried again. The third time he hit the car and pulled to the right, the other car didn’t follow. They successfully drove to the right, and Jack floored it again. But they’d only driven a little down that street, when a van came from the right and forced Jack to make a quick turn to the left. He drove down that street, but was soon forced to take a turn to the right. They drove for a long time not able to go any other way but straight ahead. Then they were forced to make a left turn again.

“They planned this. They planned to trap us.”

“It’s not over yet.”

They continued to be forced in new directions and eventually ended up near the harbor by some rundown buildings. Irina looked in her side-view mirror and counted nine vans following them. They continued driving in and out of roads, not able to get out of the area they were in. The vans came closer and closer and as they were just about to pass one of the buildings, another van rammed into them from the side. It had been hidden by the building and they had not been able to see it. Their car spun around, and two other vans joined the other ten. They all quickly formed a circle around Jack and Irina’s car and got out of their cars. Before Jack and Irina’s car had stopped moving, smoke bombs were thrown into their car. When their car stopped they tried to focus, but couldn’t. When their doors were opened, they were shot, and their worlds went dark.

A while later at APO Sydney and Nadia were looking at their watches not knowing what was taking their parents so long in getting there. They thought for sure that they would’ve left by now. Kendall walked over to them.

“Have you girls heard anything from your parents?”

“No, we were just thinking about asking you the same question.”

“Do you think that they’re just staying at home for a little while longer before coming to work?”

“I don’t think they would do that. Or at least I don’t think they would do that without telling us about it.”

“No, I don’t think they would do that either.” Kendall nodded.

“Yeah, I think you’re right. Try calling them on their phones.” They nodded and Sydney tried getting in touch with their mother, while Nadia tried getting in touch with their father.

“Mom’s phone is not on.”

“It’s the same with dad’s.” Sydney and Nadia looked at each other worried about what might have happened.

“They wouldn’t shut their phones off.” Kendall got concerned too.

“Try calling them at home.” Nadia dialed and waited for someone to answer the phone.

“Bristow residence.”

“Katya, it’s Nadia. Have mom and dad left yet?”

“Yes, they left a while ago. I met them in the driveway as I got here. Why?”

“We’ve tried getting in touch with them on their phones, but they’re not picking up. And what’s worse is that they’ve shut off their phones.”

“They wouldn’t do that.”

“Exactly, so we’re worried that something has happened to them.”

“Get Marshall and tell him to look into surveillance and satellite pictures along the route they drive to get to work. I’m leaving now. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.”

“She didn’t know where they were either?”

“No. She said they left as she got home.”

“Oh no. This can’t be good.”

“Katya said to get Marshall to look into satellite and surveillance pictures of the route they use to get to work.” Kendall nodded.

“That’s a good place to start. I’ll tell Marshall to get right on it.” He left but then turned back around to look at them. “There might be a perfectly good reason why they’re not here yet or answering their phones. There’s no reason to jump to any conclusions yet. Stay positive.” He smiled a little and they smiled back the same way nodding. He gave them a nod in return and went to talk to Marshall. Sydney and Nadia looked at each other, still worried sick. They then went to tell Vaughn and Eric what had happened.

Marshall started looking into satellite and surveillance pictures right away, and after a while he spotted them on screen. On some other pictures he noticed the two vans that had started following Jack and Irina. He immediately got out of his office.

“You all need to come and see this.” Everyone followed him into his office and looked at the screen.

“What is it, Marshall?”

“Here you have Jack and Irina.” He pointed at their car on the screen. “And then look here.” He pointed at the vans. “Black vans. Not one, but two. The windows are tinted. I think they’re being followed.” Sydney and Nadia gasped.

“Oh no.”

“This can’t be happening.”

“Keep going Marshall.” Marshall nodded and continued to look at the pictures. He pointed at a new picture.

“There’s another black van coming from that access road.”

“Next.”

“Oh wait. They’re no longer there. They must’ve exited. Hang on, I’ll just see if there are any pictures from that exit.” It took a few seconds for him to find which cameras to get footage from. “There they are again.” He went on to the next picture.

“There’s another van like the others, and it’s right in front of them.” Marshall went through more pictures, but then there were no more.

“Where did they go? Marshall what happened?”

“They drove into an area where there are no cameras. Hang on, I’ll see if I can find other cameras or something.” He tried for a while, but nothing happened. He turned around and looked at everyone. “I’m sorry, but there are no more pictures.”

“No. That can’t be true.”

“I’m sorry, Syd, but it is.” Sydney and Nadia started crying. Vaughn and Eric comforted them. Kendall shook his head frustrated.

“You mean to tell us that they just vanished like that?”

“Yes. I’ve tried everything I could, but there are no surveillance or satellite pictures in the area.”

“Keep trying. I know it’s probably impossible, but keep trying.” Marshall nodded and turned back to the screen. “I’m going to call headquarters, and have them send people out in the area. There must be some clues as to what happened.”

A little while later Dixon and Katya arrived at the same time. They both spotted Kendall coming out of his office and went straight to him.

“Any news on Irina and Jack?”

“We believe they’ve been kidnapped too.” They both stared a little wide eyed.

“What? What makes you say that?”

“We did like you said, and we noticed several black vans following them, and driving in front of them. But after a while they drove into an area where there were no surveillance or satellite pictures.”

“What’s being done?”

“I called headquarters and had them send out a large team to investigate the area. They’ll be searching for miles. At this time, there’s not much we can do other than wait to hear what they have to say. Marshall has tried to see if he could find other pictures, but he hasn’t found anything new.” Katya nodded.

“Where are the girls?”

“In Jack’s office with Vaughn and Eric.” She nodded and left. Dixon and Kendall looked at each other, feeling a little helpless.

“I’m just going to look at the pictures Marshall found, so I can get in on things.” Kendall nodded and Dixon left.

Hours went by without them hearing anything. They got a few reports from time to time from the team that was sent out to investigate, but they didn’t have anything to report. It went like that for the rest of the day. Everyone went home feeling helpless and a little scared.

The next day in the early afternoon there was finally some news. Small pieces of broken headlights from a car had been found by the harbor in a rundown area. There were also some skid marks. No one could say for sure whether those belonged to Jack and Irina’s car and the vans. But they believed it was a possibility since Jack and Irina could’ve been headed towards that area.

Everyone gathered in the meeting room and Chase walked to the head of the table.

“We don’t really have a clue as to what has happened to Jack and Irina, but for the time being we’re assuming that those pieces of broken headlights belong to their car. I hate to say that we have to sit and wait to be contacted again, but for the time being that’s all we can do. We have still no leads to go on. The video has been looked over a million times, but still it has giving us nothing. We also couldn’t make an identification on the drivers of those vans. We’ll of course look into everything again, but bottom line is that we have to wait.” She looked around at everyone and spoke softly. “I know it’s hard, but try and stay positive. I’m heading back to headquarters now to help with the investigation there. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll hear something soon.” Everyone nodded and she walked out with Dixon and Kendall.

Marshall, Carrie, and Katya got up from their seats. Marshall walked over to Sydney and Nadia.

“We’re going to look at the pictures again. I’m sure your parents are fine and the triplets too.” He tried his best to smile a little and they nodded.

“Thanks Marshall.” They left and Vaughn and Eric got up too.

“We’ll just get you both a cup of coffee.” They nodded at their husbands, and Vaughn and Eric left. Sydney and Nadia looked at each other.

“The triplets are gone, and now mom and dad are too. It’s not fair.”

“I know.”

“I just want them all back home.”

“Me too.”

“I wonder where they could be.”

Irina started to come to. She didn’t know how long she’d been out, but she expected that she’d been heavily drugged by those tranq darts. She could feel that she was chained. The cold metal sent shivers down her spine. She tried to focus, but her vision was still blurry. Looking around she could tell that she was alone. A few seconds later she heard the door being unlocked. Though her vision was still a bit blurry, she could make out who was walking towards her. Cuvee. When he reached her, he squatted down in front of her, and took her chin in his hand, so that she’d look at him. He laughed in her face.

“Welcome Irina, my dove. Welcome home to Kashmir.”

TBC

OH NO.....Cuvee you bad, bad man...Sloan and Sark too :mad: You have no right to interfere with the happy Bristow family, shame on you all....

Please tell me that Cuvee won't harm Irina, and the rest of the family...they deserve to be happy and unharmed :thinking:

I was so grossed out by the whole Sloan speech....someone needs to tell that man that he never was and never will be any kind of father figure to any of the Derevko/Bristow kids.

You kinda suprised me with Sark's parcipation in this, I don't really understand why he would do this to Irina...If it's because of the money, I'll gladly give him all the money in the world, if he would leave the Bristow family alone...just give me the price :dry:

Thanks for the PM, you need to hurry up and update soon...I need to know what happends to them...the suspence is not doing any good for my allready fragile nerves :blink:

Ewwwwww, I feel for irina she is with two sick perv's that are obsessed with her. How can sark be on cuvee/sloane's side he doesn't even like them.lol He never was disloyal to irina on alias. But its you story. I got chills down my spine when cuvee mentioned that irina's daughters looked like her, yuck.

Next chapter is here. Thank you for reading and commenting. It means a lot. :smiley:

Dlenafan: They don't care if they don't have the right - they'll hurt who they want to hurt. You know I don't reveal anything :lol: - Cuvee has already hurt Irina by kidnapping her, Jack, and the triplets. Sloane really is disgusting. Yes someone really should tell him that. It's not about the money for Sark - he has his reasons for being involved with Sloane and Cuvee - but don't forget that he helped Sloane in Mongolia so he wasn't on Irina's side then.

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: Yes, Sloane and Cuvee really are sick. Well, Sark did help Sloane in Mongolia and as you say this is my story and it's already been much different than the show was. :lol: Yeah, Cuvee gives me the chills too - he really is sick.

Chapter 18
Cuvee continued to smirk at her. She came to more and more, and her vision wasn’t quite as blurry anymore.

“It’s so good to see you again, Irina. The last time we met here, we didn’t leave off on the best of terms.” He stared at her angrily. “You betrayed me.” Then he smiled evilly. “And that’s why you’re here now.” He laughed. “But we’ll make up for lost time.” She stared at him coldly.

“Where are my husband and children?” She saw the fury in Cuvee’s eyes and knew she’d provoked him. But at the moment her thoughts were not for her own wellbeing. She saw him raise his hand, and he slapped her hard across her face. Then he yanked her head back by grabbing her hair and spat at her.

“You traitorous bitch. You will never see your children again. Never. Soon they’ll be brainwashed to believe that Sloane is their father, and they’ll never remember you. They’ll believe that their mother abandoned them, and that will only make them love their father so much more.” He yanked at her hair even harder. “Now, as for that bastard you call your husband. He’s at the moment being welcomed by Sloane and our men.” Irina was immediately scared of what they were doing to him. She was scared about the triplets as well. Cuvee laughed in her face again. “Now as you can see, you’re not sitting in one of the cells. Thanks to the airstrikes a few years ago, I had to do a little re-modeling to the place. I didn’t think I would have any need for cells, so I didn’t put them in here. But this room serves the purpose. This room wasn’t damaged and it has a lot of pipes, so we can easily chain you and that pig of yours to them. We thought about not having the two of you in the same room, but then thought that it was for the best. It will be a pleasure for us that you get to see us hurting Jack, and also the other way around. That way we won’t have to move you around in order to do that.”

“You bastard.” He yanked at her hair even harder.

“Think what you will. I really don’t care. You’ll be here to see everything we do to your precious husband, and there’ll be no escaping this hell you’re in. This place is surrounded with guards, and there are guards outside the door too. There’s only a tiny vent here as you can see, so there’s no way for you to escape. Not that you would be able to do that anyway. And screaming for help will do no good either.” He laughed. “Well, first of all, you know how isolated this place is, and secondly, this room is pretty soundproofed. No one would’ve been able to hear your screams.” He removed his hand from her hair and took hold of her face instead. “Face fact, Irina. This is where you’ll spend the rest of you life.” He brought his face closer to hers. “You decide how pleasurable you want it to be.” He kissed her roughly, moving his tongue allover her mouth. She didn’t respond and tried her best to pull her face away, but he held it firmly in place. She then opened her mouth slightly and bit down hard on his bottom lip. He pulled away quickly. “You bitch.” He touched his lip and noticed he was bleeding. He then slapped her hard across the face and then backhanded her when he brought his hand back. “You will pay for that, and for so much more.”

The door opened and Sloane stepped in. He walked towards Irina, limping and was using a cane. When he reached Irina he smirked at her.

“Hello Irina. It’s good to see you again. I doubt you can say the same about me.” She looked at him angrily. “Jack will be here shortly. I just wanted to welcome him first.” He laughed evilly. “Though, he didn’t really get a warm welcome.” Her voice was low and threatening.

“Leave my husband alone.” Both Sloane and Cuvee laughed at her.

“Now why would we want to do that, when we can have so much fun with him? You can be sure we’re not done with him.” Sloane moved his face closer Irina’s. “For the time that you’re here, we’ll have a lot of fun with both of you.” She spit in his face. She wanted to hurt him, but this was all she could do. Sloane got angry. He wiped the spit from his face and hit her hard in the face. “You need to be taught a lesson in manners.” Cuvee laughed.

“Don’t worry, Arvin. She will. She’ll be taught real good, and she’ll be taught how to beg.” They both laughed, while Irina was horrified on the inside for what they might have in mind. On the outside she tried to stay calm and strong. She didn’t want them to see her falling apart, even though she felt completely helpless.

A few seconds later the door opened again. Two guards came in carrying rifles, another four guards came in carrying a heavy beaten Jack, and another two guards came walking in behind the other four also carrying rifles. Sloane and Cuvee made sure not to stand in the way. They wanted Irina to see how beaten Jack was. Irina was horrified to see how Jack looked. His face was completely bruised and bloody, and no doubt his left eye and his mouth would swell up later on. She wanted to cry, but didn’t want to do it in front of Sloane and Cuvee. Sloane took a step towards Irina.

“As you can see, I really wanted to welcome Jack.” She wanted to give Sloane her death glare, but was too concerned about Jack to really pay any attention to anyone else.

One of the guards holding a rifle looked at Sloane and Cuvee.

“Where should we place the prisoner?” Cuvee pointed at the pipes that were opposite the ones Irina was chained to.

“Chain him to those pipes there. That way the two prisoners can look at each other, but are not able to touch each other, or be anywhere near able to touch each other.” The guard nodded, and the guards who were holding on to Jack, sat him down and chained him with his hands behind his back to the pipes. The guards all turned around when they were done, waiting for instructions. Sloane looked at them.

“You can all leave now.” They nodded and left. Cuvee squatted down in front of Irina.

“We’ll leave too. For now at least. But we’ll be back later.” He grabbed hold of her face and squeezed hard. “You should try to be more polite the next time we come to see you.”

“Go to hell, Gerard.” He got angry and hit her again. This time he used his fist. Her nose started to bleed.

“On the contrary Irina, you’ll be the one going to hell.” He laughed evilly. “Let me rephrase that. You’re already in hell. But the hell you’re in will get much worse.” He stood and Sloane laughed evilly too.

“Take care, Irina. I look forward to spending more time with you.”

“Go to hell too, Arvin.” He slapped her hard across the face again.

“I might one day be going to hell, but you’re already there now. And as Gerard said, it’ll only get worse.” Both Sloane and Cuvee laughed again.

Cuvee walked over to Jack, who was still out from the beating. He laughed at him and then looked back at Irina.

“Of all people you really decided to be with him. This pathetic man. You could’ve done so much better, but now you never will.” He then looked at Jack again, raised his fist and hit him three times in the face. Jack groaned a little, and Irina was relieved that he was making sounds. Cuvee brought his face closer to Jack’s. “This is merely only a little taste of what we have in store for you. Your stay will be enjoyable. Enjoyable for Arvin and I.” They both laughed and Cuvee looked at Sloane. “Come on Arvin. Let’s leave them alone for a while.” Sloane nodded and before leaving for the door, he caressed Irina’s face. She tried to pull away.

“Later Irina.” He joined Cuvee and the two of them left the room. Seconds later the door was locked.

Irina pulled her knees up to her face and dried the blood from her nose a little. Then she looked at Jack and called out to him.

“Jack. Jack. Sweetheart.” He didn’t really respond, so she called out a little louder. “Jack. Jack. You need to wake up. Come on Jack. Talk to me.” He groaned a little and she spoke even louder. “Jack. Sweetheart. I need you to wake up. I need you to tell me how you’re feeling. Come on Jack. Come on.” He raised his head slightly and started to open his eyes a little. She smiled. “That’s it Jack. But you need to open your eyes more. You need to be more awake. I need you to do that for me. Please Jack.” He blinked a bunch of times, and finally he was able to open his eyes a little more. He managed to smile a little too.

“H…hey.” She smiled even more and her tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Hi. How are you feeling?”

“Li…like h…h…hell.” He tried adjusting and winced a little from the pain. He swallowed a few times and took a few seconds to get better control of his voice. “H..how are y..you?”

“I’m fine.” Jack swallowed a few times and breathed a little heavy. He rested his head against the wall and opened his eyes a little more. He could tell that she’d been beaten from the blood from her nose.

“What did they do to you?” She shook her head.

“They just slapped me a little and threw a few punched with their fits. No big deal.”

“It is a big deal.” She smiled. “Was that really all they did? And don’t lie to me.”

“Cuvee tried to kiss me. He had his mouth allover me mouth and his tongue too. I was able to bite down hard on his bottom lip. And I spit Sloane in the face. None of them liked what I did.” Jack smiled a little. “And that’s all that happened. What did they do to you? And don’t lie to me either. I want to know everything.” He gave her another little smile.

“I really can’t tell you much. I was out for most of the time. Sloane gave me some smelling salt that woke me briefly. He just welcomed me to hell, and said that I would endure pain for a while before they killed me. Then he beat me a little before his men took over, and I was out cold shortly after they started beating me. And then I woke up here.”

“Anything broken?”

“A rib or two, I think. If not, then they’re at least severely bruised. They threw punches to my upper body, so my legs are fine. They hit me in the face a lot too, but I don’t think I have a concussion. You?”

“Nothing broken. As I said they only slapped and hit me.” He nodded a little.

“So, any idea where we are?” She swallowed.

“The prison in Kashmir.” He looked at her concerned, having a feeling that it would bring back horrible memories for her. “Apparently Cuvee did a little re-modeling after the airstrikes.”

“Are you okay?” She knew what he was referring to, and gave him a small smile.

“I’m always okay when I’m with you.” He smiled back. “I don’t know what they have in store for us, though I have a feeling that it won’t be pleasant. But for now, I’m fine. I’m just happy that they’re letting us be in the same room.”

“Me too.” They stayed silent for a few seconds just smiling at each other, but still scared for what was coming to them. “Have you heard anything about the kids?” She shook her head.

“No. I was only told that I’ll never see them again, and that soon they’ll be brainwashed into believing that Sloane is their father.” They both swallowed. “I’m scared Jack. What if the CIA doesn’t find us? What if we never get out of here, and that the triplets will really believe that Sloane is their father? What if we never see Sydney and Nadia again, our grandchildren, or anyone else?” More tears rolled down her cheeks and she looked down. He feared the same, but was determined not to think that this was how their life ended.

“Irina, look at me.” She looked at him, and could see the fear in his eyes but also the determination. “The CIA will find us, and Sloane will never, ever, be able to brainwash the triplets into believing that he’s their father. We will get out of here. We have to believe that. I know it’ll probably be difficult to stay strong, when it seems that there’s no way out of here, but we have to try to stay positive.” She nodded slightly.

“So, what do we do now?”

“Talk to pass time until they come back.”

“Okay. So talk about what exactly?”

“About anything. The future seems like a good thing to talk about.” She smiled at how he was staying positive. “I’m looking forward to going to the cabin for Christmas. I’m looking forward to playing in the snow with the kids and grandkids. To building a snowman and having a snowball fight.”

“I’m looking forward to that too. I’m also looking forward to decorating the tree and house. And I’m especially looking forward to kissing you under the mistletoe.” They smiled broader at each other. “I’m also looking forward to backing cookies with the kids, and to all of us sitting together in front of the fire drinking hot cocoa.” Jack nodded.

“Yeah, and I look forward to dancing with you in the snow. And after spending a whole day outside in the cold, I look forward to getting warm with you under the covers at night.” She smiled broader and nodded.

“That’s my favorite way to get warm.” He smiled broader too. “I look forward to seeing everyone unwrapping their presents Christmas morning.” He nodded.

“And to Christmas dinner.” She nodded agreeing with that too.

They continued this for a long time. Talking first about what they were looking forward to in the near future, and later on they talked about shared memories. None of them knew what time of day it was or how much time had passed. They tried not to think too much of what was to come, but concentrated on thinking about each other and their family.

Later Sloane and Cuvee came back. They walked in with a few guards. A few feet inside the room they both stopped and smiled evilly at Jack and Irina. Cuvee then walked over to Jack and squatted down in front of him.

“Hello Jack. It’s good to see you again.” Jack gave Cuvee is death glare, but Cuvee merely laughed in his face. “You truly are a fool if you think that glare will scare me.” Sloane nodded.

“Jack certainly is a fool if he ever thought that he could beat either of us.” Cuvee laughed again.

“Yes, he certainly is.” He looked back at Jack. “As good as it is to see you Jack, it’s even better to see Irina. I’ve missed her more than I’ve missed you. Well, I’ve wanted to repay you for years for knocking me out here in the prison, and then escaping with Irina before I had a chance to kill her. But there are things I can do to Irina that I would never dream of doing to you. More pleasurable things.” He laughed in Jack’s face as Jack kept up with his death glare. “Though, I’ll take great pleasure in watching you be tortured.” He got up and moved over to Irina, while Sloane moved his head closer to Jack’s.

“We all will.” Jack never took his eyes off of Cuvee even though Sloane’s face was inches from his own. Cuvee squatted down beside Irina. He ran a finger down her cheek and jaw. There was no way for her to avoid his touch.

“Mmm, yes more pleasurable things indeed. Just touching her like this is quite pleasurable.” He looked at Jack and met his death glare again. Cuvee just laughed. “But not quite as pleasurable as this.” Cuvee removed his hand from Irina’s face and started groping her breasts, squeezing hard. She tried to wrestle away from his touch but couldn’t. Jack’s eyes burned with fury and he screamed at the top of his lungs.

“GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY WIFE.” One of the guards hit Jack in the face with the butt of his rifle, and Jack’s head met the wall hard. Irina’s eyes had never left Jack, and her voice shrieked with worry.

“Jack.” Cuvee grabbed her face and turned it so she looked at him. He then looked over at Jack.

“She might be your wife, but right now she’s my property and I’ll do with her as I please.” Cuvee gave Sloane a nod and Sloane grabbed Jack by his hair and by his chin, so that Jack looked at Irina and Cuvee again. “Let’s see how you feel about this.” He squeezed Irina’s cheeks with one hand and took hold of her head with his other hand. Then he kissed her roughly again, running his tongue allover her mouth. By squeezing her cheeks he made sure that she couldn’t bite him again. Jack’s eyes blazed with fury again.

“GET OFF HER YOU BASTARD. GET OFF HER NOW.”

Sloane nodded at the guard that had hit Jack before, and Sloane removed his hands. The guard then hit Jack in the stomach with the butt of his rifle a few times. He then hit Jack a few times in the face with the butt of the rifle. Once the guard stopped Jack was coughing and had to take deep breaths, while he looked over at Irina again. Cuvee was still allover her mouth, but soon stopped and let go of her. His face was still near hers and she managed to spit him in his face. A small smile tugged at the corner of Jack’s mouth, but no one noticed. Now Cuvee’s eyes blazed with fury and he slapped Irina hard across the face several times before drying his face.

“You disgusting bitch. I thought you’d learned some manners by now.” He grabbed her by the face again, this time he made sure to cover her mouth so she wouldn’t spit on him again. He looked her in the eyes. “You will come to enjoy my lips on yours. You will come to enjoy me. I promise you that.” Irina gave him her death glare in return even though she was scared of what he had in mind. Jack swallowed, equally fearing what Cuvee had in store for Irina. Cuvee smirked. “I’ll probably enjoy you sooner than you’ll enjoy me. And believe me, I’ll enjoy you soon. Just like old times.” Jack narrowed his eyes at Cuvee and spoke in a low and threatening voice.

“I will kill you before I let you lay a hand on my wife. You will never get to hurt her the way you did in the past.”

The guard, who had hit Jack before, was just about to hit Jack again with his rifle, but Cuvee waved a hand in the air stopping the guard. Cuvee let go of Irina and walked over to Jack. He squatted down in front of him and smirked at him.

“And just how do you plan to kill me? You’re in intelligence, so you should be able to figure out that you’re chained and in no position to escape or inflict pain on anyone.” He laughed in Jack’s face. “You will never be able to kill me. Instead you’ll watch me having fun with your wife. Oh yes Jack, you’ll watch. I don’t really like an audience, but I want you to watch me having fun with Irina. Having fun with her the way I used to.” He continued to laugh and Jack decided to do what Irina had did. He spit Cuvee in the face. Cuvee got furious. He wiped the spit off his face and seconds later he was throwing punch after punch at Jack’s head and body. This time Irina screamed at the top of her lungs.

“LEAVE HIM ALONE YOU BASTARD. LEAVE MY HUSBAND ALONE.” Cuvee spun around and looked at her.

“SHUT UP YOU BITCH. JUST SHUT THE HELL UP.” He then continued to beat Jack. A few seconds later he stopped and looked at an even bloodier Jack than before. Jack coughed and breathed heavily. Cuvee grabbed him by his hair. “Just you wait Jack. Just you wait. I will let this be it for tonight, but you can be sure that this is just a soft beginning for what’s to come.” He then got up and stormed out of the room. Sloane looked at between Jack and Irina and smirked at them.

“Gerard is right. Worse things are in store for both of you.” He laughed. “We actually just came to say goodnight. Since there’s no window down here in the basement, we just wanted to inform you that it’s night time. Since you haven’t behaved, you won’t get any dinner. But since you’re not staying at a luxury hotel, you really can’t expect to get a royal treatment. Sleep well, and I’ll see you both in the morning.” The guards walked out first and he followed them to the door. Before stepping out, he turned around to look at them. “Oh yes, I almost forgot.” He smirked at them. “Your children are screaming and crying for you. I’ve been telling them that you’re not coming for them, that you don’t love them anymore, and that you’ve abandoned them. They of course don’t believe me, but they will eventually. Well, they’ll believe that their mother has abandoned them, and they’ll believe that I’m their loving father.” He laughed evilly. “It will take a little while before we start the treatment, but we will eventually, and then they’ll have no memory of either of you.” He took one last look at them and then turned off the lights. “Night-night.” He walked out and the door was once again locked.

The room was completely dark. The small vent didn’t add any light to the room. Jack and Irina couldn’t really make each other out. Jack heard Irina crying and his own tears fell silently. He waited a few seconds to get his emotions in control a little.

“Irina. Are you alright?” She waited a few seconds before responding, needing to get her own emotions in control.

“I’m fine. I can handle the punches and Cuvee’s saliva on me, but I’m still terrified. Terrified for what they’ll do to us, and terrified of what Sloane is telling the kids and what they’re going to do to them. It’s hard to stay positive.”

“I know. I’m terrified too.”

“What about you, Jack? How are you?”

“My head is throbbing and my body is aching. And I’m filled with rage from watching what that bastard did to you. I can’t stand to see you get hurt.” She smiled at his protectiveness.

“I know.”

“I won’t let him hurt you. If it’s the last thing I do in life, I promise I’ll stop him before he hurts you.” She heard him struggle against the chains. She knew he was trying to see if he could break free of them. She heard him wince in pain a little and hearing him breathing a bit heavily.

“Jack don’t overdue it. The chains are solid and the pipes are strong too. You can’t break free of them.”

“I can try.”

“But you’re badly injured. Don’t make it worse by trying to get out of the chains when you know you can’t.” She heard him try again ending up with the same result.

“Damn it.”

“Jack please. I want nothing more than to get out of here and get us all back home safe and sound. But I don’t want you to hurt yourself, when we both know that we can’t break out of these chains. I can’t stand to see you in pain or hurt. Please stop.”

“Technically, you can’t see me, so you can’t see if I’m in pain.” He was trying to lighten the mood but didn’t succeed.

“That’s not funny, Jack.” He sighed.

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“You just told me you were in pain, and I saw you get beaten a few minutes ago, so I know you’re in pain. But even though it’s dark and we can’t see each other, I can still see you. I can always picture you right in front of me.” He smiled in the darkness.

“What do you see me doing?” She smiled too.

“You’re taking your hand and tugging a loose strand of hair behind my ear.”

“What else?”

“You’re now caressing my cheek with that hand and you pull me closer and within a few seconds you’re kissing me. Your other hand is around my waist holding me close.”

“Then what?”

“Then you take my hand and lead me to the bed. You lay me gently down and start kissing me again. Then you run your hands up and down my sides and let your hands rest at my waist. You look into my eyes and smile lovingly at me. Then your smile turns into a wicked grin and you start to tickle me mercifully. The bedroom is filled with roaring laughter from both of us.” Jack laughed a little and Irina did the same.

“And?”

“You continue for a while longer before you stop. Then you look into my eyes and we just stay looking at each other for a few seconds. We then start kissing again. The kissing turns into sweet lovemaking, where we explore every inch of each other. After spending most of the night making love, we fall asleep in each other’s arms with my hand on your heart, feeling your heartbeat against the palm of my hand.” They stayed silent for a while.

“I can picture you in the dark too.” He could tell that she was smiling.

“And what am I doing?”

“You’re telling me, we’re going out shopping, because you feel like you could need new shoes and some new shirts. Maybe even a skirt.” She laughed a little. “I roll my eyes and don’t really want to go. I try to convince you to bring Sydney and Nadia. But when you start talking about also getting new towels for all the bathrooms, all in different colors, I really start to protest. You grab me by the hand and drag me with you anyway, not wanting to listen to me telling you that we don’t need new towels.” She laughed more.

“Go on.”

“You get into the driver’s seat and start to drive. You go on and on about the towels, while I close my eyes and just nod and grunt. I don’t pay any attention to where we’re going.”

“And?”

“When you stop the car and I finally open my eyes, I see that we’re no where near a mall. We’re in the hills. I turn and look at you confused. You smile and give me a quick kiss before getting out of the car. I follow you and you take out a basket and a blanket from the trunk.”

“Then?”

“You take me by the hand and we walk for a while before finding a nice spot. You unfold the blanket and put it on the ground. Then you start to unpack the contents of the basket. You brought cake, fruit, and coffee.”

“What else?”

“We enjoy the food and coffee, sit and talk for a while, before getting up and going for a walk in the hills. We enjoy the fresh air and the hike. On our way home we pick up the triplets from one of their friends. We get home and spend some time with the kids before starting on dinner. We keep sending each other loving looks all evening.”

“What happens then?”

“After a while it’s time for the triplets to go to sleep. We tug them in, and go downstairs to watch a movie that’s on TV. When that’s over, we go to bed. Once in the bedroom you turn on the music and we dance.”

“Then what?”

“You smile as I tug a loose strand of hair behind your ear. Then you smile even more when I pull you in for a kiss. You continue to smile as I lay you down on the bed and your breathing increases as I run my hands up and down your sides. You run your one hand up and down my back and the other one through my hair. I then look into your eyes and see that they’re filled with love for me. The next thing I see is you realizing that I plan to tickle you mercifully for teasing me earlier in the day. Our laughter continues as music as the CD in the stereo has stopped.”

“What then?”

“We look into each other’s eyes and we see how much we love each other. We kiss again and make sweet love for most of the night. We fall asleep holding each other. Your hand is on my heart, and you know it’s beating for you.” In the dark he could see the silent tears running down her face and the smile on her face. She could see the same on his face. They stayed silent for a little while.

“I love you, Jack.”

“I love you, Irina.”

They stayed silent for a while longer before they started talking again. Once again they talked about shared memories and about their future. They didn’t know how long they talked, but at one point they could hardly keep their eyes open. Deciding it was best to get some sleep before their captors came back, they said their goodnights and fell asleep. It didn’t matter that they couldn’t stay awake to see each other in the dark. They could see each other in their dreams too.

TBC

Next chapter is here. I hope you like it. Thank you for reading and commenting. :smiley:

texasalias2004: I can't promise you that they'll find them. I'd love to update more frequently, but I really can't as it takes a long time to write a chapter. :lol:

NOTE: There's a small part in this chapter that's a bit rough. I apologize in advance if I offend or upset anyone. That's certainly not my intention.

Chapter 19
Jack didn’t know how long he’d been asleep when he woke up. He expected he’d been asleep for a few hours, but couldn’t be completely sure. The room was still dark, so he didn’t really have any sense of time. He leaned back against the wall and then looked in the direction of where Irina was sitting. Although she didn’t make a sound, he could tell that she was awake.

“How long have you been awake?”

“A few minutes, I think. I’ve been watching you sleep. I love watching you sleep.” He smiled in the dark and he could tell that she was too.

“Any idea of what time it is?”

“No. Since they left us alone here at night, I assume it’s sometime in the morning. But I can’t be sure.”

“That’s kind of what I thought too, though I really don’t have a sense of time.”

“Yeah, it’s easy to get confused when there’s no window here. How are you feeling?”

“Not much better than last night. My body is still sore and my head is throbbing. Relaxing through the night has only helped a little. But I guess you can’t really call it relaxation when you’re sitting up and chained.”

“No you really can’t.”

“What about you? How are you feeling?”

“My head hurts a little, but other than that I’m not all that bad. My body is a little sore from sitting like this all night, but that’s nothing really. What about your ribs? Are there anymore broken or severely bruised?”

“Probably. They feel a little worse than yesterday.”

“Do you have any problems with your breathing?”

“No, my breathing is just fine.”

“I want you to tell me if you start to have trouble with your breathing, or if you can feel that you have any internal damages. I know I can’t do anything about it, and I know that Cuvee and Sloane won’t ease up on hurting you, but I still want to know if you get any worse.”

“I will. The same goes for you. I know that you haven’t been beaten that much, but if you start to feel worse in any way, you tell me, and we’ll talk. You know, you can tell me anything.”

“I know Jack. And I’ll tell you if anything’s wrong.” She sighed. “Something is actually wrong.”

“What is it?”

“I miss you.” He chuckled a little.

“What?”

“I know we’re sitting in the same room and right across from each other, but I still miss you. I miss seeing your face, even if I can picture it right in front of me. I miss sitting next to you. I miss holding your hand. I miss resting my head on your shoulder. I miss snuggling close to you, and I miss kissing you.” He smiled in the darkness and his voice got playful.

“Is it just the kissing you miss, or do you also miss what comes after the kissing?” Now it was her turn to laugh. She smiled in the darkness too.

“I definitely also miss making love to you.” She spoke softer. “Very much. I miss just holding each other.” He spoke softer too.

“I miss all those things about you too. We’ll get to do all those things again someday. I promise.”

“I’m looking forward to it.”

“Me too.”

“I miss the kids too. Not just the triplets, but Sydney and Nadia too. And the grandkids. But at least I know that Sydney, Nadia, and the grandkids are alright. I fear for what they’re doing to the triplets.”

“I do too, but somehow I don’t think they’re hurting them worse than having them tied up and blindfolded. I mean, if Sloane intends to brainwash them into believing that he’s their father, he has to start out being nice to them. Of course there’s Cuvee. But maybe he doesn’t have much to do with the kids. At least we can hope for that.”

“Yeah, I hope you’re right.”

They sat in silence for a while before starting to talk again. After a while the door was opened and two guards stepped in turning on the lights. Jack and Irina both had to blink a few times to adjust to the light. They immediately looked at each other. Irina gasped a little at seeing how Jack was looking. His face was swollen at the mouth, the left cheek, left eye, and it was covered in dried blood. He looked worse than she thought he would. After taking her eyes off his face, she started to look at his body to see if she could tell anything about his condition from the way he was sitting.

Jack did the same with Irina. Her face wasn’t that badly swollen, but to him it was bad enough. She had some dried blood around her nose, but other than that she seemed to be fine.

A few seconds later Cuvee and Sloane stepped into the room. They looked between Jack and Irina and laughed at them. Cuvee stepped closer to Irina.

“Hello Irina. Did you sleep well?” He ran a finger down her cheek and she tried to pull away from him. “You know, you could get a much better night’s sleep, if you’d just willingly sleep with me.” She gave him her death glare.

“Go to hell, Gerard.” He laughed in her face.

“I’ll make you like me, and I’ll make you want me.” He touched her face again and she tried to pull away the best she could again. He just laughed again. “But, let’s for a moment concentrate on something other than you and I. I’m actually quite interested in knowing when you developed feelings for Jack.” He walked over to Jack and looked at him, not really understanding why Irina would ever want to be with him. He looked back at her. “Tell me Irina. When did you fall in love with this ba***d?” She smirked at him.

“A few weeks after knowing he was my mark.” Cuvee’s smirk faded.

“What? A few weeks?” She nodded, and he got furious. “How is that possible? You were supposed to have been trained never to fall for him, but apparently that failed. But I thought you were trained better than to fall for an American pig that fast. How the hell did that happen? You can’t honestly tell me that you fell for his good looks and charm. He isn’t even good-looking.” She kept smirking at him.

“As usual you know nothing Gerard.” He looked at her confused and furious, while she just continued to smirk at him. “I was actually mesmerized by Jack the first time I looked into his beautiful eyes. And when he came to pick me up for our first date, he completely took my breath away, standing there in his suit that fit his well built body perfectly. I indeed think he’s good-looking. Jack is extremely handsome, sexy, and a complete turn on.” Cuvee shook his head frustrated.

“That still doesn’t explain why you fell for him so soon after you met him.”

“I didn’t fall in love with him a few weeks after we met.” Cuvee looked at her even more confused and she continued to smirk at him. “Jack and I met months before I even knew he was my mark and we became a couple not long after we went out for the first time.” He stared a little wide eyed at her.

“What?”

“About a month after I started at the university, Jack and I accidentally bumped into each other. He ruined my favorite shirt and wanted to make it up to me. I decided to let him, and we went out to dinner, which by the way I prefer to think of as our first date. The day after, he sent me flowers, leaving a note with his phone number and address. Knowing I wasn’t supposed to get involved with anyone while waiting for my mark, I didn’t contact him after that dinner. Nearly a week after our date he walked up to me, and being the gentleman that he’d been since I met him, he asked if he’d offended me. I told him no, he apologized for bothering me, and walked away. I knew I’d hurt him and I ran after him to apologize, trying to tell him that I was the one who was the problem and not him. But as much as I tried to pull away from him, there was something about him that pulled me in. To begin with I thought I could just have some fun with him while waiting for my mark, but I also hated that I eventually had to hurt him, when I had to go after my mark. You see Gerard, Jack was the exact opposite of what I was told men in America was like. He was the perfect gentleman, and never once did he try to take advantage of me. He was genuine, kind, caring, loving, sweet, funny, always considered of my feelings, was interested in knowing about me, and not just because he wanted to get me into bed. I started liking him more and more and loved spending time with him. It wasn’t until later that I realized that all the time we spent together, I wasn’t just liking him more and more, but I was falling in love with him.”

“You b!*ch.” She just laughed a little at Cuvee and went on.

“When I found out that Jack was my mark I was scared for what he could do to me if he found out the truth, but at the same time I was deliriously happy. But of course there was the problem that I had to pretend we were meeting for the first time, since I was being watched. On our supposed first date a week and a half after learning he was my mark, I was dressed in clothes I would never dream of wearing myself, but my handler said that it would help turn Jack on, and since my handler would come by later to check up on me, I couldn’t change into something else. I knew that Jack wouldn’t like what I was wearing and I was right. He got mad and I thought I’d lost him. At the end of dinner things were really awkward and I couldn’t take it any longer. I didn’t want the mission anymore. I ended up yelling at him that it was over and then I stormed out of the restaurant. Being the kind and caring man that he is, he ran after me wanting to apologize. Once outside he called out to me, and as I looked back at him, I fell down some icy steps and broke my leg. He went with me to the hospital and promised the doctor that he would stay with me at home throughout my recovery otherwise the doctor wouldn’t let me go home. All through recovering from my broken leg and getting the flu on top of that, he was the perfect gentleman, taking great care of me, helping me with my studies, and taking care of everything around the apartment. When I got well enough to take care of myself, he said his goodbyes and promised never to bother me again. That scared the hell out of me. Not really because it meant I would fail my mission, but more because I couldn’t stand the thought of losing him. So I apologized telling him I’d been wrong, and as you can guess he accepted my apology. It didn’t dawn on me until much later, but that was the moment I fell in love with Jack, and I kept falling in love with him. And I’m still falling in love with him.” She smirked at Cuvee before looking at Jack and smiling lovingly at him. He smiled back the same way.

“I’m still falling in love with you too, sweetheart.” Cuvee looked between Irina and Jack and got more and more furious by the second from seeing the looks they gave each other. He then looked at Jack.

“I think I need to wipe that smile off your face.” He punched Jack in the face a few times and laughed. Jack looked back at Cuvee and smirked.

“You can hurt me all you want, but that still won’t change the fact that Irina loves me and has loved me ever since the first time, she told me that she did.” Cuvee got furious again and hit Jack in the face a few more times, but still he didn’t wipe the smirk off of Jack’s face. Sloane laughed and walked closer to Irina.

“You might have been in love with him for that long, but you were still not the perfect and loving wife. And I’m not talking about you being a KGB agent.” He looked back at Jack. “You do remember that Irina and I had an affair once, right Jack? And that I thought Sydney might be my daughter. So you see, she can’t always have loved you as much as she claims. There was a time when she wanted me.” Irina started to laugh and Jack couldn’t help but smirk. Sloane looked at Irina confused and got annoyed too. “What’s so funny?” She looked at him and smirked after she stopped laughing.

“Take a good long look at yourself in the mirror, Arvin, and then look at Jack. When you’ve done that, you tell me how on earth I ever wanted you. You’re not half the man, Jack is. In fact you’re not even a man at all. You’re a pathetic, disgusting, little prick. I never wanted you, and you’re delusional if you ever thought that I did.” She continued to smirk at him. “Jack has a heart of gold, a smile that gives me butterflies in my stomach, and a touch that sets me on fire. He is hot and only gets hotter year after year. And I desire him, and have only ever desired him.” She gave him her death glare. “The only time you had me, was when you forced yourself on me. And you were only able to do that because you had a gun to my head.” He stared at her angrily.

“I woke up the next morning naked. If we didn’t sleep together, then how did I end up naked?” She smirked at him again.

“I undressed you. Not because I wanted to, but because it would help convince you that we had slept together. The night before when we had finished those two bottles of red wine, you started to make advances. I didn’t want your slimy hands allover me, so I excused myself and went to fix you a drink. The KGB had given me some strong sleeping pills that I could use on Jack whenever I didn’t want him to touch me. I never used them on him, but they came in handy that night when you were at the house. I put them in your drink, so that you would stop making advances, and soon after, you were out like a light. I undressed you and went to sleep in my own bed. I did all of that and made you think we’d slept together, because I thought that might help you keep your distance from me. And it did. You still loved Emily and you didn’t want to hurt her and Jack, because both of them, at that time, were important to you. You were scared that they would find out, so we promised never to tell any of them, and you stopped making advances after that.”

“You b!*ch.” He slapped her hard across the face a few times. When he stopped, she glared back at him.

“What does that make you then? I knew that I had been faithful to my husband, but all of these years, you thought you had been unfaithful to Emily. And even though you weren’t that night, you ended up being unfaithful to her years later. You’re one sick, perverted ba***d.” She looked over at Cuvee. “And so are you.” Cuvee stared back at her furiously. Then he took his anger out on Jack and hit him a few more times. He then walked over to Irina and hit her a few times, before grabbing her hair and yanking her head back roughly.

“And you are nothing but a whore. And I’ll show you that later today and I’ll show Jack that too. He will finally see you for the whore that you are, and then I’ll be the one, who’ll be laughing.” He let go of her hair and then slapped her hard across the face. “Come on Arvin. Let’s leave these two love birds alone for a while.”

“Gladly.” Cuvee stormed out of the room, while it took Sloane a little while longer due to his injured knee. The guards left as the last ones, and they left the lights on. Irina looked at Jack.

“I’m sorry, Jack.” He looked at her too.

“Sorry about what? You don’t think I look sexy after all?” He grinned at her, and she let out a small laugh.

“Oh yes, I most definitely do.” Her smile faded. “But I didn’t mean to provoke them, and then have them take it out on you.”

“They took it out on you too, and I’m sure they would’ve hit me anyway. Even though I don’t want to see you get hurt, I’m glad you provoked them. They needed to hear that.” She nodded slightly. He looked at her with a grin on his face. “So tell me. How hot am I looking right now?” She let out another laugh, but then her mood fell.

“Jack, I appreciate you trying to lighten the mood, but I think we both know what’s going to happen soon. Cuvee will come back here, and he’ll…” She swallowed. “He’ll..”

“Don’t.” She looked at him with tear in her eyes as he continued to speak softly. “Don’t say it. You might be right, but I can’t stand to think about it, and I don’t want you to think about it either. This is one time when I don’t want to be realistic. I just want to keep the mood light for as long as we can.” She smiled and nodded.

“Okay. We’ll do that.” He smiled back.

“So, getting back to the question. How hot am I at the moment with my completely bruised face?” She smiled broadly.

“You’re extremely hot. I would love nothing more than to run my hands allover your hot body. Run them across your broad chest, and down your muscular arms. Caress your beautiful face, and squeeze your firm butt. Then I want to make love to you, so I can see your hot body in all its glory.” He smiled back broadly.

“Well, I would say that you look extremely hot too, but you could actually use a little lipstick at the moment.” That made her laugh out loud. He laughed too and then he looked at her lovingly. “No, you always look beautiful and hot no matter what. Whether you’re sick with puffy eyes and a clogged nose or you’re wearing your pajama pants and one of my old sweatshirts curled up on the couch with a book. Or whether you’re in the middle of cleaning the bathroom, baking a cake and are covered in flour, or at the office sitting at your desk working.”

“When you’re with the kids, either drawing with them, playing with them, goofing around making them laugh, reading them a story, or just helping them with their homework, you’re extremely hot. It’s the same thing when you’re with the grandkids. Seeing you happy and smiling is a huge turn on.” He smiled warmly at her. She smiled back and nodded. “Yeah that smile right there is a turn on.”

“Your smile does the same to me.” She smiled back at him and they just sat there smiling at each other without saying anything for a while.

Hours went by where they were left to themselves. They talked about the same kind of things that they’d talked about the previous day. Not having been fed they were pretty hungry and thirsty, but tried to keep their minds on other things. Food and water were the last things on their minds. A while later the door was opened again. They looked at each other fearing a little what was about to happen. They then looked at each other confused when the guards rolled a TV and DVD-player into the room. They watch the guards getting the equipment ready, and hooking it up to an extension cord. Seconds later Cuvee and Sloane walked into the room. Cuvee was carrying a few DVD cassettes. One of the guards looked at him.

“The TV and DVD-player are ready, sir.”

“Good. You can all leave.”

“Yes sir.” The guards left and closed the door behind them. Cuvee smirked at Jack and Irina.

“I said I would be back to show you both what a whore you are, Irina.” They stared at him coldly. “Well, I assume you wonder what the equipment is for. Let me get rid of your curiosity.” He walked over to Irina and squatted down in front of her. “I would imagine that you remember all the pleasurable moments we spent together in my office when you were in prison here. So I would imagine that you also remember that I taped many of those moments.” She gasped a little and Jack stared wide eyed. Cuvee laughed as he saw that she remembered. “Yes, I thought you’d remember.” He got up. “Well, in these modern times it’s all about DVDs. So I had the old tapes converted to DVDs. That way they also last longer. And it was a good thing I had them converted, because I was close to wearing them out.” He walked over to Jack. “You see, Jack, I watch the videos all the time. I get off by watching them. And now that we’re all here, we’re going to watch them together.” Jack stared Cuvee down coldly.

“I won’t watch them. You can’t make me, you sick perverted ba***d.” Cuvee laughed.

“Actually, I can.” He walked back to Irina. “Because, if you don’t watch them….” He pulled out his gun, took off the safety, and put it to Irina’s temple. “I’m just going to kill her right here, right now.” Jack had to swallow. The thought of Cuvee killing Irina scared the hell out of him. He was also a little worried about seeing the video footage, and especially after seeing the expression on Irina’s face. He could tell that she was horrified about him seeing them. Cuvee laughed again. “So what’s it going to be Jack? Will you watch the DVDs or do I have to kill Irina?” Jack gritted his teeth.

“Play the DVDs.” Cuvee kept the gun on Irina’s temple for a little while longer before removing it. He smirked at Jack.

“Smart move. There are plenty of DVDs to watch, so I suggest we get started. There are more than we can watch today, so you can be sure that we’ll be watching more DVDs the next few days.” He laughed and walked over to put the first DVD on.

The video started and Jack silently drew in a deep breath as he watched Irina completely naked, tied to a desk. She was standing with her ankles tied to the table legs. Her hands were resting at the top of the table, likewise tied to the same table legs. The camera man was moving the camera up and down, getting shots of her entire body very closely. Jack swallowed when he saw the bump on Irina’s stomach. This was obviously before Nadia was born. The camera was put down and a naked Cuvee stepped into view, getting behind Irina.

“I think I’ve filmed you long enough. It’s time to do a little re-education my whore.” He grabbed her by the thighs, drawing her closer, and plunged into her. She stiffened a scream and continued to do that as Cuvee roughly plunged in and out of her. He moved one hand up to her hair and yanked her head back. His voice was hoarse. “Do you like that? Do you like being with a real man again?” He laughed. “You feel so good. So good.”

Jack wanted to look away. It made him sick to see what Cuvee had done to Irina. But he also knew that he couldn’t look away. From the corner of his eyes, he could see that Irina was as white as a ghost. He was worried sick about her, knowing that she must be going through hell at the moment.

The rest of the afternoon went by like this, watching one DVD after another. Jack continued to watch Irina getting raped on screen, and he watch with horror and concern from the corner of his eyes of how empty the look in her eyes was as she sat there having to see herself on screen.

At dinner time there was a knock on the door. Cuvee stopped the video and went over and opened the door to find one of the guards.

“Yes, what is it?”

“Dinner is ready, sir.” He nodded and looked back at Sloane.

“Arvin, what do you say to having dinner in here tonight? That way we can continue to watch more videos.” Sloane nodded.

“I think that’s an excellent idea.” Cuvee turned back to the guard.

“Bring dinner down here, and a table and two chairs.” The guard nodded.

“Right away, sir.” He left and Cuvee closed the door. He smirked at Jack.

“I actually think we can just finish watching the rest of this video before dinner gets here.” Jack looked at him with murder in his eyes, but Cuvee merely laughed at him.

Dinner arrived just as they finished watching another video. When the guards had set the table and left, Cuvee and Sloane sat down to dinner, and put on another DVD. They took great pleasure in watching the videos all throughout dinner, and watching what it was doing to Jack and Irina that they had to watch too.

A while later the guards came back and removed the table. They let the chairs be and brought another bottle of wine. Sloane poured himself another glass and sat back down as Cuvee put another DVD on. He took a sip of his wine and smirked.

“There’s nothing like a dinner and a show.” Cuvee nodded as he pressed play.

“You’re quite right. But dessert is nice too.” He walked over to Irina. She got a little scared as he got behind her. Although there wasn’t much room there, he was able to place himself behind her up against the wall with his legs spread. Jack stared at him coldly. Cuvee just smirked at him as he grabbed Irina’s head and rubbed the back of it against him. She tried to fight it, but couldn’t. Sloane laughed while Jack screamed from the top of his lungs.

“GET AWAY FROM HER. GET AWAY FROM HER RIGHT NOW.” Cuvee drew his gun, took the safety off, and put it to Irina’s temple again.

“Shut up Jack, or I’ll kill her right now. You just concentrate on watching the video, and I’ll concentrate on Irina.” Jack continued to look at Cuvee and Irina, and Cuvee placed the gun at Irina’s throat. “I’m not kidding Jack. Eyes back on the screen, right now.” Jack reluctantly took his eyes off of Irina, but continued to look at her through the corner of his eyes. Sloane laughed.

“You really should watch the videos. They’re so good.” Jack wanted to give Sloane his death glare, but didn’t want Irina to get hurt even more. From the corner of his eyes, he watched Cuvee put the gun to Irina’s mouth.

“Open wide, Irina.” She kept her mouth closed. He got frustrated and pressed the gun hard against her cheek. “I said open wide.” When she still refused, he removed the gun from her face and pointed it at Jack. “If I told you that I’ll kill Jack, if you don’t do as I say, will that make you open your mouth?” She opened her mouth and he laughed. “That’s good my little whore.” He placed the gun in her mouth. “Now suck on it.” Jack swallowed as he watched from the corner of his eyes Irina do as she was told. He watched as Cuvee moved the gun in her mouth, while he continued to rub himself against the back of her head. He continued and his breathing increased. After a while he found his release. He let go of Irina’s head and took the gun out of her mouth before leaning back against the wall catching his breath. Another DVD ended and Cuvee looked at his watch. “Well, I think we should let that be the last DVD for tonight. But don’t worry. There are plenty DVDs to watch tomorrow.” He laughed and so did Sloane.

“I think that’s a good idea.” Sloane walked over to the door and told the guards to remove the TV, DVD-player, and the chairs. When they’d done that he looked back at Jack and Irina. “Goodnight. I look forward to us spending more time together tomorrow.” He laughed as he walked out the door.

Cuvee walked over to Jack and squatted down in front of him. He put the gun to Jack’s mouth and smirked.

“I’m sure you miss kissing Irina. Here, I’ll let you have a taste of her. Open wide, Jack.” Jack refused and glared at Cuvee. “Jack, we already went over this. If you don’t do as I say, I kill Irina. Now open wide.” Jack did as he was told, and Cuvee put the gun in his mouth. “Now, suck on it like Irina did and taste her.” Jack didn’t do much at first, so Cuvee moved the gun in Jack’s mouth. “Mmmm, she tastes good, right?” He laughed, removed the gun and got up. He looked back at both of them as he stood by the door. “Pleasant dreams.” Then he turned off the lights and left.

Once he’d left, Irina broke down sobbing. Tears felt silently from Jack’s eyes from seeing what she went through all those years ago, and knowing, what seeing herself like that, was doing to her now. All he wanted to do was take her in his arms and hold her close. He got his emotions in check the best he could.

“Sweetheart. Sweetheart.” All he could hear was her sobs. “Irina, talk to me. I know it’s probably hard, but please talk to me.” He could hear her struggling to get the words out through her sobs.

“Jack, I….I….I ca…” She started sobbing harder. Jack felt helpless, but thought there was maybe one way to calm her down a bit.

“You’re once, twice, three times a lady,
and I love you.
Yes, you’re once, twice, three times a lady,
and I love you, I love you.

When we are together
the moments I cherish
with every beat of my heart.
To touch you, to hold you
to feel you, to need you.
There’s nothing to keep us apart

You’re once, twice, three times a lady
I love you
I love you.”

She continued sobbing and even harder it seemed. Jack leaned back against the wall waiting for her to be ready to say anything. The tears fell from his eyes again, and he couldn’t get the image of seeing her getting raped like that out of his mind. He tried to think of happier times, but it was hard. After a long time Irina broke the silence shortly.

“I love you.” He smiled in the darkness through his tears.

“I love you too.” He waited for a while to see if she would say anything else. When she hadn’t said anything for a while, and he could only hear her crying, he knew she was still too upset to talk. “I see us getting into our car and driving off. We’re heading to our cave at the beach. Once we get there, we take everything out of the trunk. Bathing suits, blankets, sleeping bags, pillows, food, wine. When we get to the cave, we get settled in and then go for a swim in the ocean. Then when we get back up again, we have dinner. We go for another swim before having the chocolate cake for dessert. Later in the evening we built a fire and we dance to the sound of the waves. We’re holding each other close, and continue to hold each other close all night long.” He closed his eyes picturing it and smiled.

“I see us doing that too.” He smiled broader. He knew she was still not up for talking, but hearing her say that was enough for now.

TBC

Sloane and Cuvee must die, I think irina/jack should implant a bomb(the firebomb used on alias) inside thier bodies and watch them explode when they get free. :mad: :mad: :mad: Before that irina should singlehandledly castrate both sloane and Cuvee with a really sharp knife.

Oh my.. I'm almost closing my eyes when I read about Jack and Irina were force to watch that video. :(

I hope the next update will be about Syd and the team trying to rescue them.
I think they should contact uncle Dmitri for help. :grinning:

The next chapter is here. Thank you all for reading and commenting. It means a lot. :smiley:

texasalias2004: I can't promise you that. No she won't, because they all believe that the place doesn't exists anymore due to the airstrikes years ago.

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Jack and Irina won't be doing that. About Sloane and Cuvee dying - I can't promise you that.

nicewoman: Yeah that wasn't pleasant for them. No, the next chapter won't be about that, because they don't know where to look for them. They won't get in contact with Dmitri.

Chapter 20
While Jack and Irina tried to calm down and sleep after seeing the videos, everyone at APO was trying to find them. They had looked over the video of Sloane, Cuvee, and Sark and the surveillance pictures of Jack and Irina being followed, but they still didn’t have a single clue as to where Jack, Irina, and the triplets could be.

They had been in contact with various foreign intelligence agencies, but none of them had any clue or any leads as to where they could be. They hadn’t spotted Sloane, Cuvee, or Sark anywhere either. Like at APO, the foreign intelligence agencies had analyzed the video and surveillance pictures, but they had ended up just as clueless.

The ones of them, who had contacts, had gotten in touch with them, but that hadn’t given any results either. They’d also been in contact with the police, but they were just as clueless as they were.

Everyone was tired, exhausted, and frustrated from not getting any closer to finding Jack, Irina, and the triplets. They also feared what was happening to them, and what kind of torture they were being put through. They already knew that Sloane and Cuvee planned to brainwash the triplets into believing that Sloane was their father, and they feared that he’d already started the treatment.

While it was hard to cope with not knowing anything about their whereabouts, it was also hard to cope with Isabelle’s, Sarah’s, and Becky’s constant questions of where their grandparents and the triplets were. Sydney, Nadia, Vaughn, and Eric had told them that some bad men had taken them, and that they didn’t know where they were. The children were confused, and with good reason didn’t understand why anyone would want to kidnap their family. They were also scared that their own parents would get kidnapped, so Sydney, Nadia, Vaughn, and Eric called them several times a day to reassure their children that they were still alright.

At APO they still had the agreement that two people would stay at night in case any leads or clues came in during the night. But because of their children’s fear, Sydney, Nadia, Vaughn, and Nadia didn’t spend many nights at APO. Katya, Kendall, Dixon, Marshall, and Carrie took on more shifts, though it was mostly Katya, Kendall, Dixon, and Marshall who took turns staying at APO at night. Mitchell and Matthew had been told the same as Isabelle, Sarah, and Becky and were equally scared for their parents, so Carrie mostly stayed home at night with the children. Though, if she needed to take a shift, Marshall would be home with them.

Isabelle, Sarah, Nicholas, Becky, David, Mitchell, Matthew, Chloe, Gracie, Robin, and Stephen were still at a safe location during the day with a bunch of agents looking out for them, and Sergei was there with them too. In the evening they all went home, but as a precaution agents were stationed to stand guard around everyone’s homes. Whenever Katya wasn’t staying at APO during the night, she stayed with Nadia and Eric, and Sergei stayed with Sydney and Vaughn. Neither Katya nor Sergei felt like staying at Jack and Irina’s house when they weren’t there, but agents still held a lookout for anything suspicious at the house.

Just like their children were scared about them, Sydney and Nadia were equally scared that they’d never see their parents and siblings again. They often cried at APO and at night after they tucked their children in. Vaughn and Eric were scared too that they’d never see them again, and they had a hard time comforting their wives. They tried their best, but at times they just didn’t know what to say to them. Everyone else tried to comfort them too, but had hardly any words left to say. Katya was the only one, who always tried to stay positive and tell them that everything would be alright and that Jack, Irina, and the triplets would be found soon, and would return safely and unharmed.

Nadia, Eric, Katya, and Kendall were sitting in the meeting room going over the surveillance pictures for the millionth time. Nadia shook her head frustrated and angrily.

“It’s no use. We can watch the video and surveillance pictures a billion times and we still won’t get any closer to finding them.” She slammed her hand on the table. “Damn it.” Then she put her head in her hands. Katya walked over to her and ran her hand up and down Nadia’s back and spoke to her calmly.

“Breathe. Just breathe.” Nadia’s breathing slowed down a little from being so worked up. “It’s only been two days since Jack and Irina were kidnapped. We’ll hear something soon.” Nadia pushed her chair back, walked around a bit in the room before turning around to Katya. She got angry again.

“Only two days? Only? That’s still two days too many. And the triplets have been gone for eighteen days. That’s nearly three weeks. So don’t tell me that it’s only been two days since my parents were kidnapped or that we’ll hear something soon. It took a week before we learned that Cuvee had the triplets, and another four days before we received the video, and since then we haven’t heard anything from them. So excuse me if I don’t believe that we’ll hear something soon.” Katya walked closer to Nadia and spoke softly.

“You have to believe that we’ll hear something soon. You have to stay positive.” Nadia started to yell.

“My family is missing and being put through god knows what, by two very sick bastards. I’m having a hell of a time staying positive.”

“I know. But you have to try and stay positive.”

“No, I don’t have to try to do that. What I should try to do, is I should try and find them. We should be out there trying to find them.”

“We are trying to find them.”

“No we’re not. We going over the same video and surveillance pictures that we’ve looked over a million times already, and they’re leading us nowhere. We should not try to find them by sitting here. We should be out searching for them.”

“We have nothing to go on. We don’t know where to look, so it’s best we stay here and wait for new developments. Every intelligence agency in the world is on the lookout for Sloane and Cuvee. Either someone will spot them, or Sloane and Cuvee will get in touch with us again.”

“I don’t want to wait for Sloane and Cuvee to get in touch with us again. I want to find them now, and I want my family home.” She broke down sobbing. “I just want my family home.” Katya took her in her arms and hugged her tightly.

“I know. We all want them home. And we will. You have to believe that we’ll get them home again.”

Eric looked at Nadia. It broke his heart to see her so heartbroken, and he got a little teary eyed. He sighed and shook his head feeling helpless. He looked up at Kendall when he squeezed his shoulder. He gave Eric a nod and pointed his head towards the door, indicating that he should take Nadia outside the room to breathe. Eric nodded back, got up and walked over to Nadia and Katya. He caressed Nadia’s back.

“Come on honey. Let’s get you something to drink.” She nodded and he kissed her head. He put his arm around her, and looked over his shoulder to give Katya a little smile as a thank you. She gave him a little smile in return and nodded.

When they left, Katya sat back down and went back to looking at the surveillance pictures. Kendall eyed her. He didn’t like that Katya was the only one, who didn’t seem to be falling apart over not knowing where Jack, Irina, and the triplets were. She was staying too positive for his liking. He didn’t think that was healthy. She looked at him when she felt him looking at her. She spoke calmly.

“Aren’t you going to get back to work?” He nodded.

“Sure.” He sat back down, and started looking over the surveillance pictures that he’d already looked over a million times before.

A few hours later they all met up in the meeting room. They exchanged notes, but there were no real notes to exchange, since they still hadn’t found anything in the video or surveillance pictures. They ate lunch together in the meeting room. No one really knew what to say to each other, so they ate in silence. When they were done eating they stayed seated in silence. After a while Vaughn looked around at everyone.

“We should get back to work.” Dixon got up from his seat.

“We’ve gotten nowhere so far, and I doubt we’ll get anywhere if we go back to looking at the video and surveillance pictures right away. I think it’s best if we take a break for an hour or so. I know it’s hard, but I think we could all need to get our mind on something else for a little while.” Kendall got up from his seat too.

“Yeah, I agree.” Dixon nodded.

“Get out of the office for a while, look up stuff on the internet, read the paper, go to the gym. Do anything you’d like for a little while to get a break from this and then come back.” Sydney and Nadia looked at each other not really liking the idea. Kendall walked over to them, stood behind them and put a hand on each of their shoulders.

“I know you don’t like the idea, but we’re getting nowhere. Looking at the video and surveillance pictures all day, are driving us crazy. We need a break now and then.” They looked at each other again and nodded reluctantly.

“Yeah, you’re both right.”

“We’ll take a break.”

“Good.” Kendall looked around at everyone. “Take the time you need. You don’t have to stay away only an hour. If you need to stay away for two hours then do it. We’ll call you if anything happens.”

Everyone nodded and got up from their seats. Vaughn put his arm around Sydney and Eric did the same with Nadia and they left the meeting room. Marshall and Carrie left too, and before Dixon left, he looked at Kendall.

“I’ll be staying at APO in case anything happens.” Kendall nodded.

“I will be too.”

“Okay. Talk to you later.”

“Yeah.” Dixon nodded and left. Katya walked over and turned the surveillance pictures back on the screen. Kendall looked at her. “Katya what are you doing?”

“I’m working.”

“You’re not supposed to do that. You’re supposed to take a break.”

“I don’t need a break.”

“We all need a break.” She shook her head.

“Not me.”

“Look, we’ve looked at those pictures a million times, and we keep finding nothing. We’ll be looking at them again, but not until we’ve had a break. Just take some time off from looking at the pictures. It’ll be good for you.”

“I’m perfectly fine, so I really don’t need a break.”

“All of us are taking a break, and you should too.”

“You’re all taking a break because you need it, and that’s perfectly understandable. But I don’t need a break, so I’m going to keep looking at the surveillance pictures.” He sighed. He knew there was nothing he could do to make her take a break.

“Well, I’m not going to order you to take a break, even though I really do think you should take one. If you want to look at the surveillance pictures again, then do that.” He walked towards the door and turned around before walking out. “I’ll be in my office if you need anything.” She nodded but kept her eyes on the screen.

“Okay.” He shook his head a little and took another look at her before leaving.

Sydney and Vaughn had gone for a drive, parked the car and then went for a walk. They went to the park and stood by the carrousel that Sydney went to with her parents when she was little. They stood looking at it in silence for a while before Sydney sighed and shook her head. A few tears escaped her eyes.

“Mom and dad have brought Isabelle and Sarah here. They promised Nicholas that they’d bring him here too, when he got older. What if they never will? What if they don’t get back? What if Sloane and Cuvee kill them and brainwash the triplets?” Vaughn put an arm around her and pulled her to him, kissing her head.

“We’ll get them back, and they’ll be able to bring the kids here. Nicholas will have the same experiences with his grandparents that Isabelle and Sarah have had so far. And we’ll get the triplets back too. We’ll get them all back unharmed.”

“If that was the case, shouldn’t we have them back by now?” He hugged her a little tighter.

“I know the triplets have been gone for a long time and that something more horrible than being kidnapped could’ve happened to all five of them. But Syd, we have to believe that we’ll get them back unharmed. All we can do at the moment is hope for the best. I know it’s hard, but we have to do that.” She nodded slightly.

“I know. I know.”

“You just have to keep picturing your parents taking the kids here. Just keep picturing the kids laughing and having a great time here with their grandparents and the triplets. Then picture all of them coming to the house for dinner and the kids telling us what a great day they’ve had. Picture your mom showing us all the pictures they took during the day, and your dad reading them a story in the living room before it’s their bedtime. And as we tuck them in, picture the smile on their faces. It’s there, because they spent the day with their grandparents and the triplets.” Sydney smiled a little, and Vaughn kissed her head again. “It’ll happen, Syd. It’ll happen.” They stood holding each other looking at the carrousel for a little while longer before heading back to APO.

When they got back to APO, Sydney went to Dixon’s office to tell him that they were back. Then she and Vaughn called their children to tell them that they were alright. After that Sydney went to Marshall’s office but found only Carrie.

“Hi Carrie.” Carrie looked at her and smiled a little.

“Hi Syd. How was the break?” Sydney shrugged.

“It was okay. We went to the carrousel at the park and pictured mom, dad, and the triplets taking our kids there in the future.”

“That’s nice. It’s best to try and stay positive.”

“Yeah. Did you have a nice break?” Carrie nodded.

“Yes, we did. We called the kids and only just got off the phone with them a little while ago. They asked about your parents and the triplets, and were sad that we didn’t have any news to tell.”

“It was the same with our kids.”

“It’s that with all of us.” Sydney nodded.

“Have you seen Marshall?”

“He went down to the shooting range.” She looked at Carrie surprised.

“He did what?” Carrie shrugged.

“He said he wanted to practice for a little while.”

“Okay. Thanks.”

Sydney left Marshall’s office and went down to the shooting range. She put on a pair of ear protectors before stepping into the area. From a distance she saw Marshall shooting off a round. He shot off one bullet at a time, aiming with precision. When he was done with the clip, he put another one in. Once that was in he was quick on the draw and fired all the bullets as fast as he could. When he was done he put the gun down and just stood there. Sydney walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. He jumped at her touch, and Sydney was startled too. He looked at her and sighed.

“Geez Syd, you scared me.” He took off his ear protectors and glasses and she took her ear protectors off too. She smiled apologetically.

“Sorry Marshall. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“That’s okay. I was wearing these.” He held up the ear protectors. “And they’re supposed to keep the noise out. So now we know they work. Well, we already knew that, because I was wearing them as I was shooting and that really kept the noise out. I mean, I heard the bullets going off. It’s not like you’re completely deaf when you’re wearing them. But you don’t make as much noise as a bullet, so it makes sense that I didn’t hear you.” Now it was his turn to smile apologetically. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to go on like that.” She shook her head and smiled a little.

“No need to apologize.” He nodded and smiled back. Then he looked at her curiously.

“What are you doing here? Are there any new leads?” She shook her head again.

“No. I just wanted to hear if there was anything new from Washington. You said, you would get in touch with them after lunch to see if they had found out anything new during their analysis of the video.”

“Yeah, I got in touch with them, but unfortunately they didn’t find anything.”

“Well, I didn’t really expect them to find anything. Thanks Marshall.”

“Of course.”

“So, what are you doing down here?”

“Practicing for when we’re going to bring your parents and siblings back.” She looked at him puzzled. “I know that we’re going to find them and bring them home. I don’t know how we’re going to do that yet, but I just know that we will. I also know that I should probably stay behind to watch the monitors, but…” He had to take a breath to get his emotions in control. “But if I was missing, or Carrie or our children, your parents wouldn’t hesitate to come to the rescue. They would give up their life without blinking, trying to save our lives.” He shook his head. “I’m not trying to be a hero or getting myself killed, but I need to be part of the team that rescues them. I need to do for them what they would do for me and my family.” She smiled at him and he smiled back. “We’ll get them back Syd. I just know it.” A few tears escaped her eyes.

“Thank you Marshall.”

“Don’t mention it.” They hugged and stayed at the shooting range for a little while longer before they went back to work.

Everyone at APO looked over the video and surveillance pictures again and again, and got in touch with Washington and the foreign intelligent agencies to get updates. But the result was the same as it’d been every day. There was nothing new.

In the late afternoon Sydney, Nadia, Vaughn, Eric, and Carrie went home to their children. Marshall left a little later, and a couple of hours later Dixon left too.

Kendall and Katya were the ones that would be spending the night at APO. They had dinner while going over the video and surveillance pictures again and again, and seeing if they would get any new leads from anywhere. They exchanged notes from time to time, but worked mostly in silence, concentrating each on their own area. Late in the evening Kendall looked at his watch and sighed.

“We might as well get some sleep. We’re getting nowhere, and in case there’s any new information coming in during the night, someone is on duty and will wake us.” She nodded.

“Yes that’s probably a good idea. We also need to be rested for work tomorrow.” He nodded back.

They cleaned up putting the notes in order and taking the coffee mugs to the kitchen area. Kendall then told the people on duty that they were turning in, while Katya got ready for bed. They slept in a room close to the bathroom and a bit away from the agents on duty. Two beds had been put up in this room. Kendall got ready for bed after he talked to the agents. When he sat down on his bed, he looked over at Katya, who had just gotten under the covers.

“How can you stay so calm?” She looked at him puzzled.

“What do you mean?”

“The rest of us are falling apart from not knowing where Jack, Irina, and the triplets are, and knowing that Sloane and Cuvee have them, and are probably putting them through hell. But you. You stay calm. You’ve been calm from the start, telling all of us to stay positive. Why is it that you’re not falling apart like the rest of us? Why is it that you can stay so calm?” She spoke calmly.

“Because, we need to stay positive. Falling apart is not helping anyone. We need to stay focused and put our energy into finding them. If we fall apart, we’ll drain ourselves of energy, and it’ll only be that much harder to concentrate on finding them.”

“Your family is missing. You’re allowed to fall apart.”

“Well, I’m not.” He shook his head in disbelief.

“You can’t possibly stay that calm. You can’t keep suppressing your feelings the way you do. You need to let go and cry or yell or something.”

“I don’t need to do anything other than stay calm and positive.”

“You’re bottling up your feelings inside. It’s not good for you. You will feel better if you just let your frustrations out.” She shot him an annoyed look.

“Do not for one minute think, you know me.” With that she got under the covers and turned her back to him. He shook his head and let out a frustrated grunt.

“Fine.” He got up and turned off the lights, and then went to bed. Once under the covers he looked over at her. “Goodnight Katya.” He waited a few seconds for her to respond, but shook his head when she didn’t. He then turned to his side with his back to hers. After a little while she responded.

“Goodnight.” He waited a little to see if she’d say anything else, but when she didn’t he closed his eyes, and after a little while he was asleep.

TBC.

I finally caught up...I can't believe all of that happened...
I hope they get some sort of clue soon.
Thanks for all the updates and pms.

Oh, I'm so sad and frustrated that they still don't have any clue about Jack, Irina and the triplets. :(

Please oh please don't let anything happen to the triplets. :thinking:

Next chapter is here. I hope you enjoy it and thank you all for reading and commenting. It means a lot. :smiley:

texasalias2004: Yeah, it really is. It won't really be a matter of who finds the clue that leads them to Kashmir, it will more be who helps them to know that they're in Kashmir.

sydneymicheal: I'm glad you're caught up. :smiley: Yeah, unfortunately things are pretty bad. They won't really find any clues, because Sloane and Cuvee are professionals, but they might just get some help.

nicewoman: Yeah, I am too. I won't make any promises about anyone.

Chapter 21
Jack sat in the darkness with his head leaning against the wall. He hadn’t slept much. The images of Irina being raped had haunted him all night, and he could tell that they’d been haunting her too. He had heard her crying for most of the night. Some times she cried more than others. They hadn’t talked much as she hadn’t been up for it. He didn’t want to pressure her into talking, so he’d stayed silent letting her have her space.

Irina hadn’t been able to sleep. She’d been sick to her stomach after seeing the videos of the nightmare she so vividly remembered from that many years ago. Since it happened she’d tried to block it out the best she could, but after getting back together with Jack, it had been less and less on her mind. But seeing it again, made her relive it, and the nightmares came crashing down on her.

What was worse was that Jack had seen it. It had been hard enough for her to tell him that she’d been raped like that, but for him to see it, was much worse. She had only needed to tell him back then that she’d been raped multiple times, but seeing just how she was raped and how roughly it had been, was something that she’d never had to tell him. She never had to go into specific details.

She hadn’t been able to talk much to him all night. First of all, she was too broken by seeing herself like that. Second of all she felt ashamed. She knew that had she only told Jack the truth about her during the first years of their marriage, this would never have happened. When they’d been able to get back together after so many years and after all the hurt she’d caused him, she knew that he would’ve been able to forgive her if she’d told him the truth back then. She also knew that they would’ve been able to run away from everything and would’ve stayed perfectly safe.

Five years ago in Russia when she told him she’d been raped in Kashmir, she’d thought that he felt repulsed by her and wanted nothing to do with her. She knew that actually seeing her getting raped wouldn’t change his feelings for her. He’d said so last night with his song, saying that he loved her, and imagining being at the cave holding each other close all night long. She knew that he’d never seen her as a whore. But still she knew that she would have a hard time looking him in the eyes when the lights were turned on. She knew she’d see nothing but love and concern for her in his eyes, but she knew that years ago she could’ve stopped this from ever happening. If she’d only told him the truth years ago the videos would’ve never happened and they wouldn’t be in the hell they were in right now.

She rested her head on her knees and took a couple of deep breaths. She wanted to be calm before Sloane and Cuvee came back, but she also knew she’d probably have puffy eyes and there was no hiding that. She dried her eyes on her knees and then leaned against the wall, hoping it would be a while before they came, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case.

A few minutes later the door was opened and two guards walked in turning on the lights. Jack immediately looked over at Irina and tried to adjust to the lights quickly. Irina blinked a few times and then looked straight down at her knees. When Jack saw her doing that he wanted to call out to her but Sloane and Cuvee walked in before he could say anything.

They looked at Jack and Irina and laughed just liked they’d done the day before. Jack gave them his death glare, but Cuvee didn’t bother with him and walked over to Irina instead. He stood right in front of her, but she didn’t look up at him.

“Good morning, Irina. Did you sleep well?” When she didn’t respond he grabbed her hair and yanked her head back. He laughed again when he saw her puffy eyes. She glared at him. “My, my, Irina. Have you been crying? Was it so good to see yourself that it made you cry happy tears? Or have you finally come to realize just how much of a whore you are?” He laughed even more. Sloane stepped closer to Irina too and laughed.

“If she doesn’t know by now how much of a whore she is, I’m sure she’ll come to realize more and more, since we’ll spend all day watching DVDs.”

Irina stiffened at the thought of watching more DVDs and her face turned pale. Jack swallowed by the look on her face and the thought of having to watch more DVDs of Irina getting raped. Cuvee had said that they’d be watching more and more DVDs over the next couple of days, but even though he knew that was coming he was still dreading watching more.

Cuvee laughed again and nodded letting go of Irina’s hair.

“Yes, I believe you’re right Arvin.” He walked over to Jack and looked at him with a smirk on his face. “So, Jack. How does it feel to have a whore for a wife?” Jack glared at him and spoke in a low threatening voice.

“She’s not a whore. Never was and never will be.” Cuvee laughed.

“Jack, I believe you watched the DVDs yesterday. I must admit I didn’t pay much attention to you, because I was busy paying attention to Irina. But since I told you I’d kill Irina if you didn’t watch the DVDs, I’m pretty sure that you did watch them. So you saw as well as I did that she’s a whore.” Jack looked at Cuvee with even more murderous eyes.

“If you didn’t hear me clearly the first time then let me tell you again. Irina is not a whore, she never was, and she never will be. She is my beautiful, loving, and caring wife. She’s a wonderful and loving mother to our five children, and an equally wonderful and loving grandmother to our five grandchildren.” Cuvee merely laughed and shook his head at Jack.

“You keep telling yourself that Jack, but the DVDs speak for themselves. And if you’re not convinced yet, then there’s plenty of time for you to be convinced since we’ll be watching DVDs all day of me having fun with Irina.”

“A whore is someone who willingly sleeps with men and gets paid for it. That is not the case here. You had her tied down, and you forced yourself on her.”

“Don’t forget that she was sent to America to seduce you. She was paid to sleep with you, which makes her a whore. It’s as simple as that.”

“Don’t you forget what she told you yesterday. We’d been together for months before she knew I was her mark, and during that time she was falling in love with me. She never slept with me because she had to. She slept with me because she wanted to.” Cuvee continued to laugh.

“Regardless of the two of you being a couple months before she knew you were her mark, she still would’ve ended up sleeping with you and marrying you. She was getting paid to marry you and to sleep with you. So fact is, she’s a whore.”

“That may be your opinion, but it’s not mine. I’ll never think of her like that.”

“Like I just said, we’ll be watching DVDs all day, so there’s plenty of time for you to be convinced that Irina is a whore. But if you’re still not convinced after watching the DVDs, then the live show might be able to convince you.” Jack swallowed and could from the corner of his eyes see that Irina turned even paler. Cuvee smirked at Jack. “You didn’t actually think that I’d just keep it to watching old tapings of me having fun with Irina, did you? It’s been too long since I’ve had that kind of fun with Irina, so you can be sure that I’m going to have that kind of fun again. And you will have a front row seat to the entertainment.”

“No matter what happens, I will never think of Irina as a whore. Never.” Cuvee shrugged.

“Okay, I’ll accept that you might never see her as one, but at least you will see me treat her as one. And you will see me enjoying it. First you’ll see my enjoying her on screen, and soon you will see me enjoying her live.” He laughed. “Let’s get started on today’s DVDs, shall we?” He looked over at Sloane nodding and Sloane nodded back in return before turning his attention to the guards.

“Get the TV and DVD-player ready, and get the DVDs from the office.” One of the guards nodded.

“Right away, sir.”

One of the guards walked out of the room and walked back in a few minutes later. He was accompanied by two other guards and together they got the equipment ready. After that two of the guards walked out and came back with a table and two chairs. A fourth guard turned up a few seconds later carrying a bunch of DVDs. He walked over to Cuvee and handed them to him. Cuvee nodded and when everyone had gotten the equipment ready he looked around at all of them.

“Leave.” They all nodded and were about to leave when Sloane stopped them.

“Wait.” They turned around and looked at him. Cuvee looked at Sloane curiously and a little annoyed.

“What?” He looked at Cuvee.

“I just thought it would be nice to have some coffee.” Cuvee shook his head a little frustrated.

“Fine.” He turned to the guards. “Bring us some coffee and make it quick.” They guards nodded.

“Right away, sir.”

The guards left and Sloane walked over to sit on one of the chairs. He winced a little when he sat down. He rubbed his knee and pulled the other chair closer to him, so that he could rest his leg on it. He then looked at Cuvee, who’d gone over to the DVD-player to put on one of the DVDs.

“I’m going to have one of the guards bring in another chair. My knee is acting up today, so I’ve just taken your chair to rest my leg on.” Cuvee didn’t look back at Sloane.

“Fine.”

Cuvee got one of the DVDs ready and then stood with arms crossed waiting impatiently for the guards to return with the coffee. When the coffee finally arrived he gave the guard bringing it a stern look. He looked at Cuvee apologetically before placing the coffee on the table. When the guard had put the coffee down, Sloane looked at him.

“We need an extra chair.” The guard nodded.

“Yes, sir.” He came back with a chair a few minutes later and looked over at Cuvee. “Will there be anything else, sir?” Cuvee looked over at Sloane annoyed.

“Is there anything else that you need, Arvin? Would you like a pillow for your back, or perhaps cookies for your coffee?” Sloane glared at Cuvee.

“No. I needed a chair for my bad knee, and there’s nothing wrong with having a little coffee to go with the entertainment. You can go ahead and play the DVD now.” Cuvee glared back at Sloane for a few seconds before looking at the guard.

“Leave.” The guard nodded.

“Yes, sir.” The guard left and Cuvee walked over to Jack again. “Remember what I told you yesterday, Jack. If you don’t watch the DVDs, I’ll kill Irina. Understood?” Jack glared at him.

“Yes.” Cuvee smirked at him.

“Good boy.” Then he walked over to Irina. “And you, my little whore. You’re going to watch the DVDs too if you don’t want to see me kill Jack.” She glared at him the best she could, but he merely laughed. “Just think of the DVDs as a warm up of what’s to come.” He grabbed her hair and yanked her head back. “Soon we’ll have that much fun again. Soon, very soon.” He groped her breasts with his free while she moved her body from side to side trying to avoid his touch without success. He let go of her and laughed. “Soon.” Then he sat down on the chair and pressed play.

Jack watch with horror Irina getting raped time and time again on screen. Sometimes she was standing tied to the desk. Other times she was on her back on top of the desk tied down to it. Like yesterday, he wanted nothing more than to look away, but Sloane and Cuvee looked over at him from time to time to see if he was still watching, so he knew he couldn’t. Instead he tried to focus on Irina’s stomach. It was growing more and more with each DVD, and he took a slight comfort in being able to see his child grow. But he also couldn’t help but look at Irina on screen. Her expression in her eyes grew more and more empty, and he couldn’t believe how she could’ve endured that pain for so long.

From the corner of his eyes he looked over at Irina. She was getting paler, and he could see a slight empty expression in her eyes and it scared him. He knew that they were in a hopeless situation and probably had very little chance of ever making it out of Kashmir alive. But if they lost hope completely, they might as well ask Cuvee and Sloane to kill them. He wanted to talk to her and tell her anything that might calm her down. But he was pretty sure that if he spoke now, Sloane and Cuvee might take it out on Irina, and he wouldn’t allow that.

Later in the day Sloane and Cuvee had lunch brought down, so that they could eat while watching the DVDs. In the afternoon they had more coffee brought down, and hours later the guards brought dinner down. When they were done eating Sloane looked over at Cuvee.

“Should we give them something to eat or drink? After all, we want them alive for a little while longer so perhaps we should feed them. It’s been a while since they’ve eaten or had anything to drink.” Cuvee looked back at Sloane and shrugged.

“I suppose we can give Irina some water. She’s the one, who’ll be of most use. Starving Jack is just part of the torture.” Sloane nodded and Cuvee picked up his glass of water and walked over to Irina. He held it close to her mouth. “Here, Irina. Have some water.” She turned her head away looking down in the ground. Cuvee got angry. “I’m offering you something to drink. It’s unwise for you to turn me down.” She looked back at him with murderous eyes.

“Go to hell.” He slapped her hard across the face, and then grabbed her by her hair yanking her head back.

“You little b!*ch. Do I need to force it down your throat?”

“I will never accept anything from you voluntarily.” He stared back at her coldly.

“Fine. I won’t give you any water then. I’ll just wait until you beg for it.” He put his glass down on the ground and groped her breasts again. She tried to turn away, but there was no avoiding his hand. “Just like you’ll be begging for other things. You might not like me touching you now, but soon you will.” He let go of her and laughed. He kept laughing as he picked up his glass and looked over at Jack, who glared at him. Then he smirked. “Let’s enjoy another DVD, shall we?” Sloane raised his glass of wine to that statement, and Cuvee put another DVD on.

Jack saw Irina getting raped a few more times while she was still pregnant, but then he saw her getting raped while she was not pregnant anymore. He could see that the expression in her eyes was even deader now and that there was a longing in her eyes. He felt a longing too from not being able to see his unborn child any longer. He felt that he was almost on the verge of tears, but refused to let them fall.

When Cuvee was done raping Irina, he picked up the camera again and filmed her entire body. Jack’s breath got caught in his throat when Cuvee filmed Irina from behind, and it showed that she was bleeding. He then remembered five years ago in Russia when Irina told him about Kashmir and how they’d raped her after Nadia was born even though she wasn’t ready. The camera zoomed in, and although Jack tried to fight it, he ended up throwing up.

Irina, Sloane, and Cuvee all looked at him. But while Sloane and Cuvee laughed at him, Irina turned her head away feeling ashamed that she was the one, who’d caused him to throw up. Sloane looked back at Cuvee and smirked.

“I guess now he’s realized that she’s a whore.” Cuvee nodded.

“Yes, I think you’re right.” Jack threw up again, and then looked at Sloane and Cuvee shaking his head.

“No. Never.” He threw up again and Sloane and Cuvee continued to laugh at him.

“And yet you throw up again.” Jack glared at Cuvee.

“Because seeing what you did to my wife makes me sick.”

“I do hope you enjoy the live show, then.”

“You’re one sick perverted ba***d.” Cuvee shrugged.

“Maybe Jack. But I’m still the one, who’s going to have fun with Irina, and you’re never going to have that kind of fun with her again. Keep that in mind and let’s return to watching the DVD. I think we should just rewind a little bit, so that we can see the part we missed.” He grabbed the remote and rewind. They ended up seeing Cuvee finishing raping Irina, and then him picking up the camera. Jack kept his eyes trained on the top right corner of the TV, so he didn’t have to watch it again, and he tried his best not to throw up again.

From the corner of his eyes, Jack could see that Irina looked back at the screen again. He had hoped she wouldn’t, because although it made him sick to watch it, he could only imagine that it made her even sicker. But he also knew that she was looking at the screen, so that he wouldn’t get hurt by Sloane and Cuvee. He just hoped that she was focused on one of the corners of the TV and not actually looking at herself.

Two hours later they finished watching another DVD. Cuvee turned off the DVD-player and the TV. He looked over at Sloane.

“I think that’s enough DVDs for one day.” Sloane nodded.

“Yeah, though it’s been a pleasure to watch those DVDs all day long, I could actually use some sleep now.” Cuvee got up and opened the door. He spotted some guards standing a bit away from the door and called out to them.

“We’re done here. Remove the TV, DVD-player, table, and chairs.”

Two of the guards got to the room quickly, while the third one got a hold of two other guards. In a few minutes the room was empty. Sloane walked over to Irina and smirked at her.

“Good night, Irina. I look forward to the two of us having as much fun as you and Cuvee are having on screen. I remember that night we had together and it was so great. Soon I’ll have more moments like that to enjoy. Pleasant dreams.” He walked over to Jack and laughed at him. “Yes, Jack. You can be sure that I’ll have that kind of fun with Irina soon. Pleasant dreams to you too.” Then he left. Cuvee walked to the door and looked back at them. He smirked.

“Pleasant dreams. I know what I’ll be dreaming of.” He laughed at them before turning off the lights and leaving the room.

Jack sat in the silence waiting to hear if Irina would cry or say anything. But she didn’t. They sat in completely silence. After a few minutes Jack wondered if he should say anything. He wanted to say something, but also didn’t really know what to say. He was still sick to his stomach from watching the DVDs and after seeing the empty expression in Irina’s eyes, he wasn’t sure that anything he said would bring her comfort. But after not talking for most of the night and all day, he needed her to hear his voice, even if she wasn’t up for talking.

“Have I told you lately how happy you make me?” He waited for her to respond, but when she didn’t he went on. “You put a smile on my face just by thinking about you. You make me look forward to getting out of the office, because I know I’ll be going home to you and the kids. You’ve taught me how to relax.” He let out a small laugh. “You’ve even made me enjoy watching TV and movies.” He smiled and spoke softly. “You love me and that makes me happier than you could ever imagine.” He waited for a long time for her to speak, but when she didn’t he leaned helplessly against the wall and sighed. Much later she finally spoke.

“You’re my light in the darkness. In any kind of darkness.” He smiled. Her voice hadn’t been strong, but at least she’d said something and he felt relieved.

“Don’t give up sweetheart. As long as we’re together we can do anything. Just promise me that you won’t give up.” After minutes of silence he thought she wasn’t going to answer him, but she finally did.

“I promise.” He felt another surge of relief and smiled again.

“Just try to relax and think of happier times. It’s all we can do now.”

“I’ll try.”

“I’m glad.” He sat in the darkness thinking about the day they renewed their vows, and he only hoped that she was really thinking about happier times too.

The next morning Sloane and Cuvee were sitting in their office drinking coffee when there was a knock on the door. They both looked at the door but Cuvee was the one to answer.

“Come in.” One of the guards walked in.

“Sir, I have Mr. Sark outside. He wishes to speak with both of you.” Sloane looked at Cuvee.

“I wonder what he wants.” Cuvee looked back at Sloane.

“Yes, I’m rather interested in that too.” He then looked at the guard again. “Send him in.” The guard nodded then left, and a few seconds later Sark walked into the office. He nodded at Sloane and Cuvee.

“Good morning.” Cuvee gave him an annoyed look.

“What do you want?” Sark walked a little closer to them.

“I hear that the two of you are going to the city today.” Sloane nodded.

“Yes that’s right. But if you think that we’re inviting you, you better think again.” Sark gave him a half smile.

“No, I wouldn’t expect you to take me with you.”

“Then why exactly are you here?” Sark turned his attention to Cuvee.

“I think you’d agree that I’ve proven myself loyal. I’ve done everything you’ve asked of me, and I’ve never once complained about anything.”

“You’ve done what we’ve asked of you, because we have something of value to you.” Sark nodded.

“That is correct, and because of that I’ve shown nothing but good will towards you. So I was hoping that you would show me the same good will.” Cuvee cocked an eyebrow at him.

“What are you getting at?”

“The final documents to help brainwash the triplets are to be picked up three days from now. I thought that I could get them and that I could leave today. That way I would get a couple of days off and relax before the next stage in your plans.” Sloane and Cuvee laughed at him.

“You can’t possibly be serious. Do you automatically think that we’re just going to let you go like that?” Cuvee got up from his chair and walked over to Sark, so he was right in his face. He looked at him angrily. “Just how stupid do you think we are?” Sark shook his head slightly and looked at Cuvee with a serious expression.

“I don’t think you’re stupid at all. On the contrary, you’re both highly intelligent. I would of course not expect to go alone. I thought that I could be accompanied by three guards. They would be around me at all times, and I wouldn’t be let out of their sight. Not even to go to the bathroom.” Cuvee shook his head.

“It’s out of the question.” He went back to his chair and sat down.

“In my time here, I’ve come to realize just how much I’ve missed out on in the past four years.” Sark looked over at Sloane. “Mr. Sloane, Irina didn’t just double cross you in Mongolia. She double crossed me too. We would all have benefited from Rambaldi if she, Jack, and everyone else hadn’t ruined our dreams. It might have taken me some time to finally grasp just how much we missed out on, but now that I have I want nothing but revenge.” Sloane and Cuvee looked at him skeptically. Sloane eyed him.

“You honestly expect us to believe that after spending a few months here, you’ve suddenly changed?”

“I know it might seem hard to believe, but it’s really no different than with you and Rambaldi. You spent some time away from Rambaldi but could never really let it go. It’s the same with me. I am who I am and nothing will ever change that. I was meant to cause havoc. I can taste the sweet taste of destruction and I like it.” Sloane and Cuvee looked at each other, not really knowing whether to believe Sark or not. Sark shook his head. “Look, I don’t expect you to treat me like an equal. I haven’t earned that. But what I’d like for you to consider is giving me a few days off. I just need a few days to charge my batteries, so that I can be of a better help to you.” Sloane and Cuvee still looked at each other and after a few seconds Sloane spoke.

“He’s right, Gerard. He hasn’t caused a single problem since he’s been here, and since he knows what’s good for him, he won’t cause any problems in the future. If we take him under our wings properly and guide him, I’m sure he’ll be a great asset to us in the future.” Cuvee shook his hear slightly.

“I’m not sure, I like the idea.”

“He said himself that he didn’t expect to be let out on his own. He didn’t just suggest one guard go with him. He suggested three. He also knows what will happen if he cause any problem, so I highly doubt that he will do anything stupid.”

“Mr. Sloane is right sir. I would never cause you any problems. I can understand why you don’t trust me and my word might not mean anything to you, but I assure you I am a changed man. I will prove myself to you. All I ask is that you give me a few days off.” Cuvee looked at Sloane again and then nodded. He walked over to Sark and gave him a stern look.

“Okay, Sark. I will grant you the days off and I’ll let you be the one, who brings back the last documents. But be aware that if you cross me heads will roll, and yours won’t be the first one.” Sark nodded.

“I’m well aware of that, which is why I won’t disobey you.” Cuvee gave him a single nod.

“Good.” He looked back at Sloane. “I’ll just inform the guards and then pick three to go with him.” Sloane nodded and Cuvee left. When he had gone Sloane smiled at Sark.

“I’m glad you’ve decided to do things our way.” Sark smiled back.

“Not half as glad as I am.”

An hour later Sloane and Cuvee left. They hadn’t told Jack and Irina they were going, but let it be a part of their torture to spend all day in darkness. Cuvee had given the guards clear instructions not to enter the room Jack and Irina were in, and not to touch them. He made it clear to them that they were his play toys and not theirs.

Sark was at the door seeing them off and was then escorted back to his room. Sloane and Cuvee had told him that he could decide when he wanted to leave, and he just needed to inform the guards. They had given him directions on where to pick up the documents and once he had them, he was to hand them over to one of the guards. Just before stepping into his room, Sark looked back at the guards.

“We leave in four hours. In the meantime, I don’t wish to be disturbed. I will knock on the door, so that you’ll know when I’m ready to leave. Is that understood?” He tried to be authoritative. He knew that the guards were not under his command, but he also needed them to see that he meant business. If his plan was going to work, everything needed to be on his terms. One of the guards nodded.

“We’ll leave you alone until you’re ready to leave.” Sark nodded.

“Thank you.” They nodded in return and once he was in his room the door was locked behind him.

Once the door was locked Sark wasted no time in getting started on his plan. He set the alarm on his watch to count down to four hours from now. Then he walked over to his bed and rearranged his pillows and blankets. If anyone walked in it would seem like he was sleeping and he hoped that would be enough for the guards to stay away if he wasn’t back in time.

When that was done he picked up his backpack, put it on, moved the small table that was in his room, and placed it under the vent. He then crawled on top of it, took off the vent cover, placed that on the table, crawled into the vent, and then reached down and picked up the vent cover and placed it over the vent again. He then proceeded to crawl through the vent, happy that he could move around without making a sound.

One of the few times he’d been in the Sloane and Cuvee’s office, he’d noticed that the vent cover was merely placed on the vent and could easily be removed. He’d noticed it was the same with the vent in his room, and so he’d started to crawl through the vents one night. He’d found out that he couldn’t be heard moving around in the vents, and he’d found the way to their office. He hoped that one day Sloane and Cuvee would be gone and he could get into their office, hopefully find what he needed, plan his escape and get out of there.

He got to the vent that was in their office, and although he knew that no guards would be in the office, he still had a careful look around through the holes in the vent cover. None of the guards would ever dare go into their office. They all feared Sloane and Cuvee, but more Cuvee than Sloane. They knew they’d likely be killed if they were ever caught in there. And even if they could move around freely in there now when Sloane and Cuvee weren’t there, they still wouldn’t dare to. They only entered the office when they were told to get something there.

When he was satisfied that they weren’t there he removed the vent cover and carefully placed it on the table beneath the vent. He then got out of the vent quietly and walked over to the door. Although the window in the door wasn’t made of clear glass, he was still glad that the blind was pulled down. He stood closely by the door to listen if there were any guards, right outside, and he breathed out a sigh of relief when he couldn’t hear anyone.

He’d seen where Sloane and Cuvee kept the guns one of the times he’d been in the office. He was happy to find the locker where the guns were kept unlocked, and took out one gun and a few clips. There were lots of guns and clips in the locker, so the one missing gun and few clips would go unnoticed. The silencer he took would go unnoticed too. He put the clips in the backpack, the silencer on the gun, took the safety off, walked over to the safe, and punched in the combination. On the same day he’d seen where they kept the guns, he’d seen Cuvee punch in the combination. Neither he nor Sloane had noticed that he’d watched them.

When the safe opened he took out his phone and the charger for it. He saw all the other documents in there for how to brainwash the triplets, as well as Jack and Irina’s phones. He took one last look at everything before closing the safe and walked over to the desk. He sat down, placed the gun within reach, hooked up his charger to the extension cord, placed his phone in the charger, and then turned on the computer. He had things to search for.

Nearly three and a half hours later since leaving his room, he’d found everything he needed on the computer and from looking through the drawers. He’d written all the information down, then turned off the computer, left the desk the way he found it, picked up a whole stack of clean sheets of paper, and walked back over to the safe. He opened it again and took out all the documents from their folders and replaced them with the clean sheets of paper. He placed the folders back in the safe and put the documents in his back pack.

He then took out Jack and Irina’s phones and walked over to the charger, placed Jack’s phone in it, and found the number he was looking for. When he’d done that, he placed the phones back in the safe, his own charger too, and then closed the safe again. He knew it would be risky to take his own phone, but he needed it. It had also been placed way back in the safe, so he didn’t think that anyone would notice it was gone if they merely took a glance in the safe. He also didn’t think Sloane would look over the documents until he got the last one that he needed. He knew him well enough to know that he wanted all the documents there, before he started to look on how to brainwash the triplets.

With thirty minutes left he put the gun in the backpack, got the backpack in the vent, went into the vent, reached down picking up the vent cover, and put it back on. No one would be able to tell that he’d been in that office. He then crawled back to his room, took the vent cover off, put it down, put his backpack down, got out, placed the vent cover back on, got off the table, and put it back where it was before. He quickly got his suitcase and put some clothing in there, took out the documents from his backpack, wrapped his clothes around them, and closed the suitcase.

He filled the empty bottle he had with water from the sink he had in his room, and put it in the backpack. He also put a shirt in the backpack, so that he would cover the gun in case the guards searched it. Not that they’d have any reason to do that. He walked over to his bed and put the pillows and blankets back in their original places, so that it no longer looked like he was sleeping in it. Then he sat down and waited until it was time to leave.

Seconds before four hours had passed he turned off his watch, so it wouldn’t make any sounds. He then picked up his suitcase and backpack and walked over to the door and knocked. Seconds later one of the guards opened the door and Sark nodded at him.

“I’m ready to leave.” The guard nodded back.

“We’re ready too.” Sark smiled.

“That’s good to hear. Let’s go then.” They left his room and walked outside to the waiting car and the other two guards. Sark smiled at them too. “I’m looking forward to going on this trip with you.” One of the other guards nodded and smiled a little.

“Yeah, it’s going to be good to get out of here for a while.” Sark nodded. “You can put your stuff in the trunk.” Sark walked over and placed the suitcase in the trunk and closed it. He smiled at the guard.

“I’m just going to take this inside with me.”

“Sure, go ahead.” Sark looked around at them.

“Well, let’s get out of here.” They all got in the car. One guard was driving, another one sat in the front with him carrying a gun, and the last guard sat next to Sark also carrying a gun. Seconds later they drove off.

After driving for two hours Sark started to get ready. They were in the area he needed them to be in for him to carry out his plan. They’d driven in the opposite direction of Sloane and Cuvee, so he knew he wouldn’t run into them. The area, they were in now, was desolated, but there were still a lot of trees and bushes. Plenty of cover to hide dead bodies. He reached down in his backpack and the guard next to him immediately pointed his gun at him.

“What do you think, you’re doing?” Sark put up his hands in surrender.

“I’m just going to take out my water bottle.” He reached in his backpack and took out the water. The guard sighed in relief, and the guard, who wasn’t driving, sighed in relief too. He’d kept an eye on Sark too, when the other guard had asked him what he was doing. Sark held out the water bottle to the guard next to him. “Do you want some water?” The guard eyed him skeptically and Sark rolled his eyes at him. “I haven’t been able to poison the water, but if it helps you feel better, I’ll drink first.” He took a large drink from the bottle and swallowed. He could tell that the guard was relieved again, and he then handed him the bottle. “Would you like some water?” The guard smiled and nodded.

“Yes that would be nice. Thank you.” He took the bottle from Sark and Sark smiled back.

“You’re welcome.” When the guard took the bottle Sark put his hand in the backpack again. He grinned a little at the guard. “Now relax. I’m just going to take out my gum.” All the guards laughed a little and the guard next to him nodded.

“Go right ahead.”

As soon as the guard next to him put the bottle to his mouth, Sark pulled out his gun and shot him. He then quickly shot the other guard in the front seat. The guard driving the car was about to reach for the gun the guard next to him was carrying, but Sark was quicker and placed his gun to the driver’s temple.

“I guess, I misspoke. I meant, I was taking out my gun and not my gum. How silly of me. Park the car over by that large tree.”

“Go to hell.” Sark laughed.

“If I go to hell, you can be sure that you’re going with me.” He pressed the gun a little harder to his temple. “Do as I say or I’ll kill you right now. I’m sure I’ll be able to jump out of the car and walk away with only a few minor scratches. But if you do as I say, I’ll take you with me, give you enough money, so that you can go off somewhere and live a better life than the one you’re living as one of Cuvee’s guards.” The guard considered Sark’s words for a moment and then decided to stop the car by the tree.

“Okay. We have a deal.” Sark smiled.

“Thank you. Now please get out of the car slowly and keep your hands up where I can see them. I hope you don’t mind, but I’ll have to keep you tied until I get to where we’re going. I don’t want you all of a sudden turning on me.” The guard nodded.

“Fair enough.” They both got out of the car slowly.

“Turn around slowly and walk backwards to the other side of the car.” The guard did as he was told and stopped by the passenger door in the front.

“Do you want me to get the others out?” Sark shook his head.

“No that won’t be necessary. They’re both still carrying guns, and I would hate for you to get one of them and kill me.” The guard shook his head.

“I wouldn’t do that. Your offer is too good to pass up.” Sark smirked.

“Yes, I would assume it would be. But funny thing about deals. They can be broken.” The guard had hardly time to register what Sark was saying before he was killed.

Sark quickly walked over to the guard to make sure he was dead. Then he opened the passenger door in the front to make sure that guard was dead too. Lastly, he opened the door in the back and checked on that guard too. They were all dead. He then got the body on the ground off the road and hid him in the ditch that was covered by bushes. He did the same with the other two guards, and then found a bunch of branches and covered the bodies with them. He knew that no one really came this way and that the bodies would’ve been covered enough by the bushes, but he still wanted to be absolutely sure that the bodies wouldn’t be noticed. After he’d done that he cleaned the car, put the guards’ guns he’d taken from them in the trunk, put their phones he’d taken from them on the seat in the front, took one last look to be sure that everything was covered up, and then got in the car and drove off.

After driving for more than an hour he got out on a busy road and a few minutes later he pulled the car in to the side. He got the backpack from behind his seat and got out the information he needed to use first. He had an important phone call to make and arrangements had to be made quickly. Luckily he could assemble a team fast that would be able to strike quickly, and once that was taken care of and everyone was safe, he had an equally important phone call to make and information to give out.

At noon at APO everyone was gathered in the meeting room and sat down to have lunch together. They hadn’t been able to find anything new in the last two days. They ate in silence and were a bit startled when Sydney’s phone rang. She looked at the number a little oddly. Vaughn looked at her puzzled.

“Syd, what’s wrong?” She shook her head.

“Nothing. I just don’t know this number.” He shrugged.

“You should probably answer it anyway.” She nodded and answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Sydney, it’s Julian Sark.”

TBC

That was awsome. While reading it I was trying to decide if it was going to be Sloane or SArk that would be the one to call with the good news.

UPDATE REALLY REALLY SOON, but after Thanksgiving haha I will be out of town.

Thanks
texasalias

Back