It Was For The Best

“Yeah. The worst part is, now he’s actually saying great, the same way the tiger does it, every time we’ve made love.” That had everyone roaring with laughter. Carrie shook her head. “I can’t believe, I just told you that. I’m not drunk. I can hold my liquor.” Irina cocked an eyebrow at her.

The whole chapter was hilarious but this one cracked me up, I nearly fell off the chair :rotflmao: Great chapter (y)

The chapter was hilariuos :lol:
Glad that Irina returned the favour of stripteasing for Jack :sigh:
I loved the drinking games, I'm myself pretty good at them - hmm wonder if I have any russian in my genes?? :cheers:
Irina is only human, she too gets frisky when she is drunk...and like many others she failed to comlete her plan :P
Wonder if they (the girls) can remember what went on the next morning, or maybe Sydney and Nadia have happily forgotten all the explicit details of their parents lovelife, nah I don't think so :eek:

Thanks for the PM, I look forward to the next.

I laughed all the way through reading the chapter :lol:

Everyone laughed again, and Jack smiled around at everyone. But in a split second he turned on his Bristow death glare, and was staring them all down. The all stopped laughing immediately.
The Bristow death glare is scary! ^_^

“Yes mom we know. And you miss his big, strong hands, his amazing tongue, his firm butt…” Sydney cut off Nadia.

“When did she mention dad’s butt?” Nadia looked at Sydney confused.

“She didn’t mention that?” Nadia looked at her mother. “You didn’t mention that?” Irina thought for a moment, and then shook her head.

“No, I don’t believe I did. But your father certainly has a firm butt. Not to mention great lips.” Sydney groaned again and turned to face Nadia.

“See what you started. I hope I don’t remember any of this in the morning. I need something to drink. Where’s the vodka?” Irina laughed.

“It’s in your hand sweetheart.” Sydney looked in her hand and just stared at the bottle for a few seconds, before taking a big swig.
The poor kid is so drunk that she is talking about her parents' sex life. :sideroll:

“A lot, a lot, a lot. But I’m still awake. Rachel isn’t and Nadia is not completely awake either. But I just called to let you know that you are great in bed. You really are. Mom said I should complement you on that. So thank you Vaughn, for always satisfying me. Now if you’ll excuse, I have to go thrown up.” With that Sydney hung up the phone, leaving Vaughn with a horrified look on his face.
:lol:

“Um, I should probably go and check on my wife, and leave you, Irina, and Mr. F…” Marshall stopped himself, and turned to see the horrified look in Jack’s eyes, at what Marshall had almost said. “Um, I’ll just leave. Tell Eric I’m waiting in the car. Bye.” He ran out of the house, and Irina tried to unbuckle Jack’s pants again.
I nearly fell off my chair with this one. :sideroll:

Great update! (y)

With the way Jack and Irina are going at it, I'm wondering what will happen during the honeymoon. :naughty:

-Liisbet-

OMG honeymoon!!!! Can't wait for it.
Yay! Honeymoon. I think you better move the chapter of their honeymoon on the R/NC-17 forum so you can write that in details. :naughty: Yes, we all love details. Heh. (y)

Thanks for all the laughters. :smooch:

Another great chapter. It was hilarious from the drinking games to Jack and Vaughn trying to deal with a very drunk Irena and Sydney to poor Marshall. I am looking foward to the next chapter.

It Was For The Best.

Next chapter is here. Thank you for reading and commenting. It means a lot. :smiley:

Sydney Derevko Bristow: I'm glad you thought it was hilarious. Thank you. Sorry, but I won't be writing about the honeymoon. The story ends at the wedding but feel free to dream.

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: Well, they have a lot to make up for. He's in love and happy, finally with the woman he loves - he lives in the moment a lot of the time. Yeah, they don't have it easy. What's BBF?

AliasMuse: Thank you very much. You're too kind. :blush:

Dlenafan: Glad you think so. Yeah, she needed to do that. Glad you liked that part. I had a lot of fun writing it. Maybe you do. :lol: Exactly she human. Good one. :lol: You'll find out.

TheDerevkoGirl: Glad I could make you laugh. Yeah it is. Yeah, none of them have any control. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. Thank you. That's for Jack and Irina only. I won't be writing about that. But feel free to dream.

nicewoman: Sorry, but I won't be writing about the honeymoon. The first story ends at the wedding. But feel free to dream. You're welcome and thank you.

sleepy1t: Thank you. I'm glad I could make you laugh.

Chapter 44
The next morning Jack instinctively woke up around the time the triplets came to snuggle with him and Irina. He looked at the time, and sure enough, it was around the time, they usually came into the room. He thought he’d get out and stop them before they came into their room. Irina was only sleeping in her panties, and he thought she should also be allowed to sleep. He moved Irina gently out of his arms and got out as quietly as he could. He put on a robe, and got out in the hall, just as the triplets were near the bedroom.

“Good morning kids.” The triplets gave their father a hug.

“What are you doing out here daddy?”

“I was actually on my way to see you. You see, mommy is not feeling too well, and I think it’s best, if we let her sleep. So, why don’t I go and tuck you back in your own bed. Would that be alright with you?”

“Is mommy sick?”

“No, she’s not sick. But she’s just not feeling that well. She’ll feel better doing the day, I promise.”

“Okay daddy.” Jack smiled at them, and tucked them back in their own bed.

“Now why don’t I read you a story, so that you can fall back to sleep.” They nodded and it didn’t take them long to fall back to sleep. He gave them a kiss, checked on Nadia, before going back to his own room, and slept for a while longer.

When the alarm clock went off an hour later, Irina groaned out loud. “Please make it stop.” Jack laughed a little and turned off the alarm clock. He kissed her forehead gently.

“Good morning sweetheart.”

“My head is hurting a little. What’s possibly good about that?” He laughed a little.

“I take it you drank a lot last night?”

“Yeah, we probably did. I don’t remember much.” He laughed a little, and she put her hand to her head, suddenly remember something. “Jack, I didn’t by any chance try to take your pants off downstairs in the hall last night, when I got home, did I?”

“Yes, you did. You grabbed my belt several times, telling Mr. Fun to get up and come out and play. I think you scared Marshall quite a bit.” She looked at him, staring wide eyed as much as she could.

“I said that in front of Marshall?” He nodded and the memory came back to her. “Oh, god I did.” She snuggled into his shoulder. “I’m sorry Jack. I know you don’t like to have things like that indicated in front of other people.” He kissed her forehead.

“It’s okay. It was only in front of Marshall. Neither of us was comfortable with the situation, but I’m quite sure he won’t be blabbing. Oh, and apparently you won.”

“What?”

“I don’t know. Carrie threw up, and when you heard that, you threw your hands up in the air, and said you won.” Irina thought for a moment, and then let out a small laugh.

“I remember now. We were competing on who could hold their liquor. Sydney, Nadia, and Rachel had caved a long time ago, but neither Carrie nor I had thrown up yet. So, when she did that meant I won.” There was a small triumphant smile on Irina’s lips, and Jack smiled at that.

“That’s my girl. Though, I must say that I’m a bit disappointed with our daughters. They’re half Russians, so I thought that meant they could hold their liquor. Not to brag, but I’m quite capable of holding my liquor myself.” Irina smiled.

“Yes, you are. I guess the part of being able to hold ones liquor skipped a generation.” They laughed. Irina then suddenly remembered more from the evening, and snuggled a little more into Jack’s shoulder. He sensed, she was worried about something, or embarrassed. Something was definitely going on. He nudged her a little with his shoulder.

“What’s wrong Irina?” She looked up at him, and smiled at him apologetically.

“I just remembered other parts of the evening.”

“And?”

“I might’ve indicated and said other things about you and us.” He looked at her a little horrified.

“Like what exactly?”

“Oh I might’ve mentioned that having sex on the washing machine is quite pleasurable, that I’ve never faked an orgasm, that I like your strong hands touching me allover my body, that I love your tongue, that you’re amazing in bed and leave me satisfied every time, that you have a firm butt. Minor things like that.” He gaped and stared wide eyed at her.

“Minor? I would hardly call those things minor.” He groaned out loudly. “I can’t believe you said that in front of everyone. In front of our daughters.”

“I was complementing you. And I seriously doubt Sydney and Nadia will be mentioning any of it to anyone. And I’m sure Carrie and Rachel won’t be mentioning anything either. They might bring it up in front of Sydney and Nadia to tease them and make them uncomfortable, but they won’t be mentioning it in front of you.” He shook his head at her. She kissed his cheek and spoke sincerely. “I’m sorry Jack. It was girl’s night, and I just wanted to have some fun. Later I got too drunk to really have much control of what I was saying. I just can’t help the way you make me feel. I was not allowed to be honest about my feelings for you for so many years. And then there were the years when I wouldn’t admit it to you or anyone else. Now that I can tell the world how I feel about you, I want to shout it from the rooftops.” He looked at her and smiled a little.

“Couldn’t you just tell people, you love me, and leave it at that? I don’t think there’s a need to complement me like that.” She smiled at him and gently stroke his cheek.

“I can’t help but brag. You’re amazing in every way.” He blushed a little. She smiled more and kissed him.

“Well, just keep the bragging to a minimum in the future.” She nodded and he let out a small laugh. “Why don’t I take a shower and then go and make breakfast. You need some salty and fatty food when you’ve been drinking so much, so I’m going to make pancakes, eggs, bacon, and toast. You can sleep for a little while longer. I’ll tell you when you need to hit the showers.” He gave her a kiss.

“See I was right. You are amazing.” She gave him a kiss, and he smiled at her. Then she looked up a little puzzled. “Where are the triplets?”

“I woke up before they got in here, and stopped them in the hall. I told them that you weren’t feeling well, and then I tucked them into their own bed. I might be sending one of them up to wake you, so you should probably put on a shirt.” He tossed her his shirt, and she sat up to put it on. She put a hand to her head, still not feeling too well. She lay back down and smiled at him.

“Another example of you being amazing.” He smiled at her again, before he headed to the bathroom.

When he got out of the bathroom Irina had fallen back to sleep. He smiled to himself and gave her a kiss before leaving. He woke up the triplets, and told them they could keep their pajamas on, and that Sergei could help them get dressed later. They went to the kitchen with him and he started on breakfast. Later he asked them to go and wake their mother quietly, and that they should get their mother to wake up Nadia.

They walked quietly into their parents’ room and went to their mother’s side, gently pulling at the covers. “Wake up mommy.” Irina slowly opened her eyes and turned around where she saw the triplets smiling at her. She smiled back.

“Good morning sweethearts.”

“Daddy said it’s time to get up.”

“Are you feeling better mommy?”

“A little bit, thank you. But I’ll feel better during the day.”

“Okay. Daddy said you should wake up Nadia.”

“Okay, I’ll do that. Why don’t you go back down to daddy, and I’ll get up.” They all nodded and Irina reluctantly got out of bed. She walked off to Nadia’s bedroom before taking a shower. She gently sat down on her bed, gently shaking her. “Sweetheart, time to get up. You father is up, and breakfast will be ready soon.” Nadia woke up, and instantly put a hand to her head.

“Who’s been using my head as a punching bag?” Irina smiled. “My head hurts.”

“I know. I’m not feeling too good myself. Why don’t you get up and take a nice shower, and then come and get breakfast. You father is making fatty and salty food. It’ll be good for you.”

“Do I have to go to work today?” Irina let out a small laugh.

“Yes, you do. I doubt your father will accept us staying home, just because we got drunk. Now get up. Come on quickly. The sooner you get up, the less painful it will be.”

“That’s a load of felgercarb mom. If I stay in bed and keep sleeping, I’ll be in less pain hours from now.” Irina gaped a little at her, and then smiled. Nadia smiled apologetically. “Sorry mom, but I really got a bad hangover.”

“It’s okay. Just get up.” She gave her a kiss on the forehead, but Nadia wasn’t moving. “Sweetheart, I’m not leaving until you’re on your way to the shower, and I really want to get some breakfast, so please get up.” Nadia got up reluctantly, and Irina went to her own bedroom a few seconds later. They both got out of their rooms at the same time and headed down to the kitchen together. Jack looked up at them and smiled.

“Perfect timing.” He walked over and gave Irina a kiss. “You’re looking a little better already.”

“Yeah, I feel a little better. I think the shower did wonders.” She went to the fridge to get the juice, when more memories from last night suddenly entered her mind. “Uh, Jack?” She motioned for him to join her. When he was beside her, she whispered. “Did I say something about wanting you to take me up against the fridge?” He smiled.

“Yes, you did.” She stared a little wide eyed at him. “We went to the kitchen, because I wanted to get you some aspirins, before you went to bed, and you thought I might want to take you up against the fridge. The thought didn’t cross my mind before, but I must say I got turned on by the idea, when you mentioned it.” He wiggled his eyes at her and she smiled.

“We’ll definitely have to do that some day then. And aspirins, yes I remember. I guess that’s also why I feel better than I probably would have, hadn’t I had them.” He nodded and she kissed him.

“Let me guess. Another example of me, being amazing?” She smiled.

“Absolutely.” She gave him another kiss before they sat down to eat. Maddie looked up at her parents as they sat down.

“I don’t think Nadia is feeling too good either.” Jack looked at Nadia and smiled, being amused by how hung over she was.

“No, I don’t think she does. How do you feel sweetheart?”

“Horrible.” He laughed a little.

“Yeah, I can see that. Have plenty of breakfast and drink lots of coffee.”

“Dad, I can’t eat a thing.”

“I know you probably can’t eat much now, but just eat some. It’ll make you feel better. You need the salt and the fat.” She gave him a small smile, not being able to do much else, and picked up her fork and started eating. Jack looked at the triplets. “Your sister will feel better later in the day.”

“Just like mommy?” Irina looked at them and smiled.

“Yeah, just like me.” The triplets nodded and kept on eating their breakfast.

At APO Jack couldn’t help but be amused at the sight of Sydney, Carrie, and Rachel. They looked just as bad as Nadia. Kendall looked around at the three of them too, as well as at Irina and Nadia. He walked up to Jack and looked out at them puzzled. “What’s up with them?” He turned to look at Jack and Jack looked at Kendall. He gave Kendall an amused smile.

“They’re all hung over.” Kendall stared a little wide eyed at Jack.

“They’re hung over?” Jack nodded.

“As you probably know, Irina had her party last night. Well, apparently they decided to play drinking games, and ended up getting really drunk.” Kendall stared a little more at Jack but then started laughing. Jack started to laugh too.

“Well, it’s a good thing we’re not sending them out on a mission, to a meeting or something. They can hardly hold themselves together. Well, Irina seems to be doing better than the others, but still. Should they even be here in their state?”

“They would be better off at home. But they’re the ones, who decided to get drunk, knowing they’d be going to work the day after. Therefore they’ll suffer the consequences.” Jack and Kendall shared another laugh and looked at the women.

“There’s certainly never a boring moment around this place.”

A while later Irina walked over to Vaughn. He had in a way not really been looking her in the eyes the entire day, and she didn’t really know why. “Michael do you have a minute?” Vaughn looked up at Irina and felt a little uncomfortable. He still wasn’t really able to look her in the eyes.

“Uh, I’m a little busy. So if you can make it quick.”

“Okay. It’s just that you seem to be a little uncomfortable around me, and you’re not really able to look me in the eyes. Have I done something to you? Did something happen yesterday, when you came home? I must admit I was drunk, and there are probably a lot I don’t remember.” Vaughn looked at her a little, trying his best to smile, so that she wouldn’t keep being suspicious.

“No, nothing happened. I’m just not used to seeing you or any of the rest of them that drunk. It took me by surprise, that’s all. And I’ve had to take care of Sydney and Rachel today, so….” He trailed off and smiled a little more.

“Are you sure?” Vaughn nodded.

“Yes, absolutely. Now if you’ll excuse me I should return to work.” She smiled and nodded, letting him leave. She still wasn’t convinced that there wasn’t something wrong. She noticed her daughters, Carrie, and Rachel by the coffee maker, and decided to get herself a cup of coffee and see if maybe one of them remembered something.

“Hi.” They all smiled through their hangover at Irina. She poured herself a cup of coffee, and then looked at Sydney. “Sydney do you know what’s wrong with Michael?” Sydney looked at her mother puzzled.

“No. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Vaughn. Why do you ask?”

“He’s just acting a little strange to me. It’s like he’s a little uncomfortable around me, and he won’t exactly look me in the eyes. I asked him about it, but he says there’s nothing wrong.” Sydney was puzzled by that. He hadn’t seemed much different to her. She spotted Eric walking over to them and decided maybe he knew something.

“Hello ladies. I take it, you’ll be drinking plenty of the coffee today, since you were all really wasted last night?” He couldn’t help but laugh. Nadia gave him a slight push.

“Please stop making jokes. My head hurts too much to shake it at you, and to roll my eyes at you.” He smiled at her, and gently kissed her forehead.

“Sorry. I’ll leave you all alone, and continue the teasing when you’re all feeling better. I just came to get a cup of coffee, while there’s still some left.” He poured himself a cup.

“Eric, do you know if there’s something wrong with Vaughn? Mom said he was acting a little strange, but I haven’t noticed anything.” Eric turned to look at Sydney, taking a sip of his coffee.

“Well, you did call him last night, and when you hung up, he did seem a bit strange. Almost a bit horrified. I asked him about it, but he said nothing was wrong. He said you were just drunk. After the phone call we went to your place.” She was still puzzled. “Well, I’ll leave you ladies alone.” After he left Sydney looked around at the others.

“I called Vaughn? When did I call him, I don’t remember?” The others shrugged, but after a couple of seconds realization dawned on Sydney, as the memories came back to her. She put a hand over her eyes and then rubbed her temple. “I remember now. I called him to thank him for being great in bed.” She looked at her mother. “I told him that you said I should tell him that.” Irina started to laugh a bit, remembering too that Sydney was on the phone with Vaughn, and having heard the conversation.

“That’s right. No wonder he can’t look me in the eyes.”

“Oh god.” Everyone looked at Nadia as she groaned.

“What is it Nadia?” Nadia looked at Sydney.

“I just remembered other details about last night.”

“Such as.”

“Such as what led you to call Vaughn.” Sydney looked at her puzzled, and Nadia grimaced when she realized she’d had to tell. “It all started with the drinking game, and the direction the game was headed. Mom wasn’t exactly shy about revealing details, and stuff about dad. She told us, she complements dad all the time. Please tell me you remember Syd, because I would rather forget all of this, and I don’t really want to continue.” Sydney looked at Nadia horrified, suddenly remembering the evening a lot better.

“Yes, I remember, and there’s no need to go on.” Irina and Carrie laughed. Rachel laughed a little too, but had apparently missed out on some fun. “Please stop laughing. It’s not funny.” Irina tried to stop her laughter, and tried her best to apologize with her eyes. Rachel stopped and kept hers to a snicker, while Carrie still laughed a bit more. Sydney turned to Carrie and gave her an amused glare. “How’s Tony The Tiger?” Carrie immediately stopped laughing and shut her eyes, while Irina, Nadia, and Rachel were laughing a little.

“Right, I told you that. And that was even before I got drunk. Okay, I’ll stop laughing.” Sydney turned to her mother.

“I think we should just leave Vaughn alone and not mention anything. He’ll be alright. I might talk to him, but the rest of you shouldn’t mention it.” They all nodded and decided that they’d keep their girl’s night to themselves.

The time before the wedding went on with planning the wedding and getting everything arranged at the place the wedding was being held. The inn had a small cottage right next to the inn, which was new to the place. It was reserved for special events, if people needed a bit more privacy. On the day of the wedding Irina, Sydney, Nadia, Maddie, and Caitie would get ready there, while the guys got themselves ready in one of the rooms inside the inn. At night Jack and Irina would be spending their wedding night in the cottage, and Sergei had arranged with the triplets that they would come snuggle with him.

A few days before the wedding Jack, Irina, and Kendall headed to the secret CIA operation facility. They were all needed there to help with some work, each of them needed for something different. Irina finished first, and she walked around a bit at the familiar surroundings. Not knowing when Jack and Kendall would be done, she decided there was a place she’d like to visit. She walked to the guard, who was guarding the cells. She noticed him and remembered him from her time in jail. She smiled at him, and he got up from his chair.

“Hi. It’s good to see you again.” He nodded.

“I take it, it’s better to see me from this side, then from the inside of the cell?” He smiled sincerely and she nodded. “What can I do for you agent Bristow?” She smiled sincerely back at him, enjoying to hear the name Bristow connected with her. What was equally enjoyable was hearing him referring to her as an agent. She knew that everyone at APO had accepted her and liked her, which was, what was most important to her. But she had to admit that the more people who would acknowledge her as an agent with the CIA and with the name Bristow, the happier she was, and she felt more accepted.

“I was wondering if there’s anyone locked up in the cells?”

“No, we don’t have anyone locked up.”

“Then would it be possible for me to see my old cell?” He stared at her, completely surprised by her request. She laughed a little. “Yeah, I know it’s probably a strange thing to ask, but it would just be a kind of closure for me. I’m not looking to get you into trouble or anything.” He let out a small laugh.

“I hardly think, I can get in trouble for showing an agent the cells.” She smiled broader at again hearing herself being referred to as an agent. “Sure, I’ll take you to your old cell.” They walked off towards the cells. Irina had a chill running through her when she heard the gates open. Although her time here had been nothing like Kashmir, she still had some bad memories from her time here. The guard opened the door to her cell. “Take all the time you need. Just close the door when you leave, and I’ll close down the gates, when you come back to my desk.” She smiled at him sincerely.

“Thank you.” He nodded and left. She walked around her old cell, and sat down on her old bunk for a while. She then walked around again a few minutes later. She stood with her back to the door lost in thought, and didn’t hear that someone had walked down the hall, and was now standing outside the cell.

“You know some people say that marriage is like prison. If you’d like to get a doze of reality, I’m sure we can arrange for you to spend the last couple of nights before your wedding in this cell.” She was a bit startled and turned around and found Kendall with a huge grin on his face. She couldn’t help but laugh.

“Thank you for the offer but I’ll pass. As I’m sure you remember, I’ve already spent quite a lot of time in here, and I have no intention on spending more time here.” She smiled more fondly. “And as for marriage being like a prison, I feel the exact opposite. I’m never felt freer than when I’m married and with my husband. The first years of my married life with Jack were amazing. However, the years we spent apart, were like being in prison. I was in a sense tied down, and couldn’t be honest about my feelings for him. I wasn’t free to talk about that. But now we’re together again, getting married, and I can tell the world how I feel about him, and I couldn’t be happier.” He smiled at her and nodded his understanding. “So what are you doing down here?”

“I saw one of the agents that you’d worked with, working on something else, so I figured you were done. I asked him where you were, but he didn’t know. I then looked around and the guard at the desk told me you were here. So I just came to check on you, to see if you were alright. Are you okay?” She smiled warmly at him.

“Yes, thank you. I’m fine. I just wanted to see the old place, to get some closure.” He nodded. “Have you heard anything on whether or not Katya has accepted the pardon?” He shook his head.

“No, I haven’t. I’m sorry.” She nodded and they both looked as they heard footsteps coming down the hall. Seconds later Jack stood next to Kendall. He looked at the two of them curiously.

“What’s going on?” Kendall put his hands up in defense.

“Now Jack, before you start jumping to conclusion or accusing me of anything, let me just say that I had nothing to do with Irina being down here. I finished my work, and noticed that she’d finished with hers, so I came looking for her. When I found out that she was down here, I just wanted to make sure she was alright.” Jack gave Kendall a small smile.

“I’m not jumping to conclusion or accusing you of anything. I was just curious as to why you were down here.”

“Oh. Sorry.” He looked at Jack and Irina a little apologetically. “I’ll just leave the two of you alone.” He walked away, and when he was completely gone, Irina shook her head at Jack.

“You did think, he had something to do with me being here.” He gave her a look that told her she was right. She laughed. “Jack, the man has change. You know that by now.” He smiled a little apologetically.

“Sorry, I’m just very protective of you.” She smiled lovingly at him and he returned the smiled and spoke softer. “Are you alright?” She nodded.

“Yeah. I just wanted to see my old cell to get some closure, and to know that I can walk out of here without being in chains, having guns pointed at me, and knowing that I won’t be returning.” He nodded his understanding.

“So, have you gotten closure?”

“Yes. My time here wasn’t that bad. I did have some nice moments, like strategizing with you and having more pleasant visits from you and Sydney. But then there was the first time I saw Sydney here and what she said to me. And then there was seeing you for the first time in more than twenty years. I’ll never forget the look on your face. It was nothing like I remembered you.” She got a bit emotional. “Jack, I’m so sorry for what I did to you that made you turn so cold and distant. I didn’t mean the things I said to you in the beginning. Our marriage was not an illusion, it was real. I just had to say that. I had to be cold and play my games, so that I could carry out my plan.” He walked into the cell and hugged her tightly.

“You don’t need to apologize anymore. We’ve been over this so many times, and I’ve forgiven you remember? I know that our marriage and your feelings were real.”

“Yeah, I know. But I just still can’t help feel the way I feel. You looked like you wanted to strangle me that first time, and I know that a part of you wanted to.” He took her face in her hands looking at her, and spoke honestly.

“Yes, I did. But I also wanted to take you in my arms, hug you, and kiss you. I thought that if I kissed you, I would know if you’d ever truly loved me or not.” She looked at him a little surprised and then smiled sincerely.

“If you had, I would have told you everything.” Now it was his turn to look at her surprised. “I had to pull out all my strength to be cold. All I wanted was to have your arms around me, but I was able to pull it off, because you were so cold too. But had you kissed me, I would’ve told you the truth.” The smiled at each other, shaking their heads a little.

“I guess in some ways it was a good thing, I didn’t kiss you. I know that maybe Sydney would never have disappeared, but who’s to say I would’ve believed you. You might still be in this cell, Rambaldi would still exist, and the triplets wouldn’t.” She smiled lovingly at him.

“Then in some ways it’s good you never kissed me. Though, I must admit I really wanted you to, when I saw you. I imagined how it would be.” He saw the desire in her eyes, and thought he’d play along.

“Oh really? Was it something like this?” He gave her a chaste kiss, barely touching her lips, and then grinned at her. She shook her head amused.

“No, try again.” He gave her another chaste kiss, this time touching her lips a little more. He grinned and she rolled her eyes at him. “No, try again.” This time he pressed his lips to hers, but without putting much into it. He grinned again, but now she gave him an un-amused glare. He tried again, this time opening his mouth a little, but pulled away when she was about to give him more access.

“How was that? Better?” He grinned at her, while she gave him an annoyed look.

“No. This is how I wanted you to kiss me.” She grabbed a hold of his jacket, and crashed her lips onto his, kissing him passionately and deeply. They backed up against the glass wall, and she pinned him against the wall, while they continued kissing. After a few moments they both needed air. They smiled at each other.

“Okay, let me try.” Jack grabbed a hold of Irina’s jacket, pulling her to him, turned them around pinning her to the wall, and kissed her the same way. After a few moments they needed air again.

“You’re a fast learner.” The grinned and kissed the same way again. Jack let go of her jacket, and instead ran his hands up along her sides. She put her hands on his back, running them up and down, with one running through his hair, and another squeezing his butt at one time. A few moments later they needed air again. “You know one of the things that got me through the nights, was imagining making love to you. I thought about all the times we did it, in the beginning of our marriage, but this cell made me fantasize. I thought about you taking me up against this glass wall.” Jack smiled at her.

“I had that fantasy too.” She was surprised to hear that, but then smiled at him, and kissed him passionately again. “The glass is kind of cold, so I guess in some ways, it would be like making love against the fridge.” She laughed.

“I think you’re right. Speaking of the fridge. That was fun. When can we do that again?” They looked at each other hungrily.

“I don’t know. The wedding is only a few days away, so I think we’ll have to wait until after the honeymoon. The last time we were lucky that we got home from work earlier than expected, and knew for a fact that we had a couple of hours before anyone else got home. I doubt we’ll be so lucky during the next couple of days. But I promise, we’ll get lucky plenty.” She licked her lips at the sound of that, and they kissed passionately for a few minutes more. Five minutes later they walked out as if nothing had happened. However they noticed that everyone was looking at them a little strange. Everyone had looked a little strange when they arrived, because this was the first time Irina was there as a CIA agent, and not as an enemy. But this was a different kind of strange. The saw Kendall who looked at them amused.

“Why is everyone looking at us so strangely?” He shook his head at them.

“Just because there’s no one in the cells, doesn’t mean that the security cameras aren’t on.” Jack and Irina stared wide eyed at Kendall. Jack got embarrassed while Irina grinned a little. They looked around at everyone, who all immediately looked away, but who all tried to hide a grin. “Yeah, I don’t think your death glares will help so much in the future with this bunch.” That made Irina grin a little more, while Jack closed his eyes shut. Kendall grinned too. “Come on. I think we better get out of here.”

The day before the wedding Jack, Irina, and the triplets were in the living room, when they heard Sydney and Nadia walk through the front door. “It’s time.” The triplets got off the couch quickly leaving Jack and Irina to look at each other puzzled. Deciding to see what was up, they got off the couch too, and headed for the hall.

“Hi girls. It’s time for what?”

“For you to leave mom. Go upstairs and pack whatever you think you might need for the night, and then let’s go.” Jack and Irina both looked curiously at their oldest daughters.

“Excuse me?”

“It’s tradition. The bride and groom aren’t allowed to see each other, a certain amount of time before the wedding. We’re here to pick you up. You’ll be spending the night with Nadia, Maddie, Caitie, Carrie, Rachel, and me at my place. We’ll take you to the inn tomorrow, while the boys will take dad and Ethan. You two are not allowed to see each other until the ceremony. Now let’s go.” Sydney grabbed her mother by her one arm, and was about to take her upstairs, when Jack quickly grabbed her other arm holding her back.

“Your mother’s not going anywhere. She’s staying her.” Sydney tried pulling her mother to her.

“No dad, she’s coming with us.”

“Well, I say she’s not.” They were pulling Irina from side to side.

“What about me? Do I get a say in this, or are you just going to pull me from side to side, until I break into two?”

“You heard your mother, let her go.” Irina shook her head at Jack.

“Jack. That’s not what I said. Now would you just let me go, both of you?” Jack and Sydney looked at each other, and let go of Irina at the same time. “Thank you.” Sydney looked at her mother.

“Mom, we’ll pack a few things for you. Everything you need for the wedding is at the inn already, so you’ll really only need something to sleep in tonight, and something to wear to the inn tomorrow. So why don’t you just say goodbye to dad, because you won’t be seeing him until tomorrow. We’ll pack something for Maddie and Caitie. They can help us.”

“Can I help too?” Nadia smiled at her brother.

“Yes, you most certainly can.” He smiled and the triplets headed upstairs. “You wanted to renew your vows, so you have to deal with everything a wedding includes. You had your parties, and this is another tradition. Now say your goodbyes, because we’re leaving soon.” Sydney and Nadia headed upstairs, and left Jack looking at them annoyed, while Irina was amused. She put her arms around Jack’s neck.

“It is tradition Jack.”

“I don’t care about tradition. I don’t want to be without you. I can’t sleep properly without you next to me, and neither can you when I’m not next to you.” She smiled lovingly at him, and gave him a soft kiss.

“I know sweetheart. Believe me, I’d rather spend the night with you. But the girls really want to make this special for us. I know you might not think of it as special, but they’re being sweet. Let’s just humor them. We’ll only be away from each other for one night, and then we have the rest of our lives, where we’re together every single night. Not to mention, we get a whole week with no interruptions, when we’re on our honeymoon.” She kissed him again, and the kiss deepened.

“I still don’t like it, but I have a feeling I won’t have any choice. But just how much time do we have?” He looked at her hungrily, and she knew what he meant. She laughed shaking her head.

“Unfortunately, I don’t think we have time for that.” He looked disappointed and she shook her head again laughing. “I’m going to miss you too, tonight.” She stroke his cheek with her hand and then kissed him passionately and deeply. They were still kissing when the others came back down.

“Okay, all set. We’re leaving.” Jack groaned and reluctantly let go of Irina. Jack went over to say goodbye to Maddie and Caitie, while Irina said goodbye to Ethan and just checked her bag.

“Daddy, I put Fluffy in your bed, so that you’ll have someone to snuggle with, now that you won’t have mommy.” Jack gave Caitie a big hug and a kiss.

“Thank you sweetheart.” He looked at Sydney and Nadia. “At least one of my daughters understands.” They rolled their eyes at him. He gave Maddie a big hug and kiss too, and they ran out to the car. “Ethan, why don’t you go outside and join your sisters, and then you and I can wave goodbye to everyone.”

“Okay daddy.” Jack waited for Ethan to be out of sight. He then grabbed Irina, kissing her passionately and deeply, pinning her against the open front door, running his hands allover her body, right in front of Sydney and Nadia. They gaped at him, groaned and shut their eyes. Jack would not normally have done that in front of them, but he thought he would do it now, since they were taking Irina away from him. When they broke the kiss, they were completely out of breath. She grinned at him, shaking her head. “I just wanted you to remember my strong hands and amazing tongue.” Sydney and Nadia groaned even more by hearing that, and headed for the car.

“And you wanted to make our daughters uncomfortable.” He laughed.

“Yeah that too.” She smiled at him and then took his face in her hands and gave him one last lingering kiss.

“Bye Mr. Bristow.”

“Bye Mrs. Bristow.” They walked out to the car hand in hand. Irina gave Ethan one last kiss and hug, and Jack one final kiss, before she got in the car. Jack and Ethan waved goodbye until they couldn’t see the car anymore. Jack picked up his son. “Well, it seems it’s just you and me buddy. How about you get to decide everything for the rest of the day? Anything you want to do, we’ll do.”

“Really daddy?” Ethan was excited about that.

“Absolutely. Everything is your choice. So, what do you want to do?”

“There’s a three hour Tom and Jerry marathon starting in a few minutes. Could we watch that?” He smiled broadly at his son.

“It’s your choice, so cartoons it is.” They walked back inside house smiling.

About an hour later the doorbell rang and Jack went out to see who it was. He looked surprised when he saw Sergei, Vaughn, Eric, Marcus, Marshall, Mitchell, Kendall, and Will standing there. “Hi Jack.” They were about to step into the house, when Jack put up his arm preventing them.

“What are you all doing here?”

“Sydney and Nadia sent us. They’re having a girl’s night. As you know Carrie and Rachel are there too. Sydney and Nadia then thought that all us guys should keep you and Ethan company. They decided that they’d all drive to the inn together tomorrow, and thought that we guys should do the same. Which means, we’re all staying here tonight.”

“You’re what?” Jack couldn’t quite believe what Eric was telling him.

“Look, it was Sydney and Nadia’s idea. They said that if we all slept here, it would be sort of bonding”

“Bonding?”

“Their word, not ours. Look, just humor them, and we’ll all be happy.”

“I already humored them, when I let them take my wife.” He looked at Sergei, who gave him a grin. Jack rolled his eyes. “Fine, since you’re all here anyway.” He let them all into the hall.

“Great. We brought some beers and cards and other stuff. We’ll have a great time.”

“I’m sure we will, because I’ve let my son be in charge of the day. I didn’t expect you, so I told him we’d do anything he wants to do. I have no intention on going back on my word.” They all nodded.

“Okay that’s fine. So, what’s on the agenda?”

“We’ll be watching a Tom and Jerry marathon for the next two hours.” He all smirked at them. They all nodded, most of them not feeling too excited. Marshall on the other hand was.

“Can I just say that’s awesome? I love Tom and Jerry. Come on Mitch.” They all stared at Marshall as he left with his son, being more excited about the cartoon than Mitchell. They all laughed a little. Jack looked at the others for their reaction.

“Yeah. Tom and Jerry. Awesome.” Eric gave two thumbs up. He wasn’t too excited about the cartoons, but wasn’t upset. Vaughn smiled a little and nodded.

“I used to watch cartoons with the triplets all the time. I don’t mind one bit.” Sergei smiled sincerely.

“I used to watch cartoons with Stephen and Robin all the time too. It’ll be fun watching cartoons again.”

“Where are your children?”

“Staying overnight with friends. I’m picking them up tomorrow on my way to the inn.” Jack nodded smiling, and then turned to Kendall.

“I’ve watched a little with my nephews. Tom and Jerry are funny.” Kendall smiled, looking a little forward to watching cartoons.

“How do you feel about the cartoons Will?” Will gave Jack a smile.

“Hey, I’m just really happy to be part of your wedding. I’ll gladly watch cartoons.” He gave Will a nod.

“Good. Then let’s go.” The all walked into the living room, finding Ethan, Marshall, and Mitchell laughing their heads off. Jack sat down next to his son. “It seems that your sisters Sydney and Nadia, have sent the boys over to hang out with us. I hope that’s alright?”

“Of course daddy. Does that mean no more cartoons?” Jack smiled at his son, giving him a kiss.

“No, it doesn’t. I told you that you were in charge of the day, and that’s not going to change. We’ll do anything you want to do.” Ethan smiled at his father, giving him a hug, and for the next two hours the guys watched cartoons.

A couple of hours later Jack walked out to the kitchen and picked up the phone. There was no signal, and he couldn’t understand why. Just then Vaughn walked out. “There’s no point in trying to call Irina. We’ve unplugged all the phones, and took your cell phone. No one will be answering the phone at our place, and I’m sure Sydney and Nadia took away Irina’s phone. So even if you plug in the phones, there’ll be no point in trying to call Irina.” Jack glared at Vaughn. “Hey, don’t look at me like that. I’m just following orders. Your daughters said there could be absolutely no communication between you and Irina. You might be scary Jack, but you’ve passed that quality on to your daughters.” A small proud smile escaped Jack’s lips. Vaughn smiled back. “Look, if you occupy your time with something else, the time will pass faster. And before you know it, you’ll see Irina again.” Jack gave Vaughn a small smile.

“Okay, I’ll be out in a minute.” Vaughn nodded and left as Kendall entered the kitchen.

“Eric said something about beer?”

“I believe they put them in the fridge. Help yourself.”

“Thank you.” Kendall opened the fridge and took out some. “You want one?” Jack nodded, and Kendall got out a few more. “You seem a bit down. What’s wrong?” Jack looked at Kendall a little oddly, which he didn’t see, since he had his face in the fridge now.

“Uh, nothing really. I’m not allowed to use the phone to call Irina.”

“I’d let you use my, except it’s at home.”

“You left your cell phone at home?” Jack gave Kendall a puzzled look.

“Yeah. I like to be off work sometimes. I know that I should probably be accessible all day and night, in case there’s something urgent, with the job that I have. But I just don’t think anything major will happen that needs my immediate attention, since your wedding is tomorrow, and we have the backup at APO that we need, so that we can all attend the wedding.” Jack smiled.

“You’ve got a point. Thanks for the offer, but I could just plug the phones in again, except it won’t do any good. Sydney and Nadia won’t be answering their phones, and they’ve no doubt taken Irina’s cell phone, or not brought it with them.”

“Well, then there’s not really much you could do anyway. You just have to find some way to pass the time.” Jack nodded. “You’ve got adorable children by the way. I know I haven’t met Maddie and Caitie yet, but Ethan is quite adorable, and on the pictures your daughters seem adorable too. And Ethan’s very sweet and polite.” Jack smiled proudly.

“It’s kind of you to say, but I haven’t really had much part in their upbringing so far. Neither has Irina. I think most of the praise goes to Sergei.”

“They still got your genes Jack. Irina’s too.” Kendall smiled sincerely at Jack, and Jack returned the smile and was surprised too, by Kendall’s comment. Kendall saw that and let out a small laugh. “Come on. Let’s join the others.” They grabbed the beer and headed off to join the others.

They ended up having a pleasant day and evening. Ethan hadn’t had many plans for the evening, but he and Mitchell stayed up for as long as they wanted, though Mitchell had fallen asleep earlier, and was put in one of the guest rooms. It was now late and everyone decided it was time to turn in. “Daddy?” Jack picked up his son.

“Yes.”

“Can we all have a snuggle party?” Jack looked at his son surprised and a little horrified. Everyone else was a little skeptical of what that meant.

“What do you mean?”

“I just thought it would be fun, if we all snuggled together in one bed. Can we do that please?” Jack stared a little wide eyed at his son, and everyone else did the same. Ethan got a little sad with the expression in his father’s eyes, which Jack instantly noticed. He had no desire to get into the same bed with any of the guys, but he also didn’t want to disappoint his son. And he had promised that they’d do anything Ethan wanted.

“Sure. We’ll have a snuggle party.” He looked around at everyone, giving them a glare telling them to go along with the idea. Everyone stared a little wide eyed. “We’ll have a snuggle party, won’t we guys?” The tone in Jack’s voice gave just enough away, to let them know he meant business, but not so that Ethan would think that they were being pressured. They could only nod. Ethan smile grew wide.

“Thank you daddy.” Ethan gave his father a kiss on the cheek.

“Let’s get ready for bed.” He turned around to look at everyone else. “We’ll use the guestroom and the end of the hall next to the triplets’ room.” Sergei nodded, knowing which room Jack was referring to. Jack had no intention of sleeping with all the guys in the same bed that he and Irina slept in.

Everyone stared wide eyed at each other. No one wanted to snuggle next to each other, but they also didn’t want to disappoint Ethan, knowing that the first few years of his life hadn’t been easy, since he hadn’t had his parents around much. They too got ready for bed. Vaughn and Eric brushed their teeth at the same time.

“I love Ethan, and would do practically anything for him. But this is a little extreme. I don’t want to snuggle with anyone. You’re the only one I’d sleep that close to.” Vaughn looked a little horrified at Eric.

“What’s that supposed to mean? You better keep you hands to yourself Weiss, and keep them over the covers.” Eric couldn’t resist teasing Vaughn.

“Oh come on Vaughn. We’re friends.” He put an arm around Vaughn. “Come on. Give me a little sugar.” Eric motioned for Vaughn to give him a kiss on his cheek, but Vaughn got out of Eric’s embrace.

“Get off of me man.” Eric laughed, and Vaughn shook his head at him. “Seriously. Keep your hands to yourself.” Vaughn left the bathroom and Eric laughed. Eric shook his head.

“Gosh, I wish I was Mitchell right now.”

They all got under the covers, adjusting themselves as best as they could. Jack was sleeping with his head up at the headboard. He had Ethan snuggled close to his chest, on the edge of the bed. Sergei was on Jack’s other side. He had Marshall next to him, and Marshall had Kendall next to him, who slept on the other edge of the bed. Vaughn, Eric, Dixon, and Will were sleeping with their heads at the footboard. They had put some cushions between them, covering their lower parts, so things wouldn’t be more awkward than they already were.

Ethan had asked his father to tell him a bedtime story and sing him a song, which Jack did. He wasn’t quite thrilled with the singing part with everyone else there, but he again didn’t want to disappoint his son. As soon as he’d finished they all heard that Marshall was snoring a little. Jack rolled his eyes as he was sure everyone else was doing. They others tried to go to sleep, which proved successfully for most of them, even though they were not sleeping comfortably. Three hours passed and Jack was still awake. Ethan had been awake for a little while, without Jack realizing it.

“Daddy?” Jack was a little surprised when he heard Ethan whisper.

“Yes, sweetheart.”

“You can’t sleep?” Jack kissed his son’s head.

“No, not really.”

“We can go and sleep in your bed if you want? You need a good night’s sleep.” Jack was relieved to hear his son say that.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, daddy.”

“Okay. Let’s do that. But we have to be quiet, so that we won’t wake the others.” Jack got Ethan out of bed as quietly as he could, and then got out himself without making too much movement. He was successful as no one woke up. He picked up his son and they walked off to Jack’s bedroom. When they were under the covers there, they snuggled closer together. Jack had turned on a small lamp by the bed and looked at his son one last time before turning it off. “Are you sure, you’re okay with us sleeping in here? I know you wanted a snuggle party.” Ethan grinned.

“I never wanted a snuggle party, daddy.” Jack looked dumbfounded at his son. “You said we could do anything I wanted, so I just wanted to see if you would agree to a snuggle party.” Ethan started to laugh more, and Jack started to laugh too, when he realized he’d been played by a three-year-old.

“Oh, I’ll give you something to laugh about.” He started to tickle his son mercifully, and continued to do that for several minutes. When he stopped and the laughter had died down, he turned off the light, and kissed his son. “Goodnight sweetheart.”

“Goodnight daddy.”

It didn’t take long for Ethan to fall asleep but Jack was still wide awake. He tried to fall asleep, but it didn’t do him any good. He got out of bed some time later without waking Ethan and headed downstairs. He walked around the house looking at pictures of him and Irina, and with the children. When he got to the mantle he stopped to look at the picture there. It was the picture taken at their seventh wedding anniversary at the cave on the beach. The picture that had played a big part in him and Irina getting back together. He picked it up and smiled, already thinking that they could go to the cave next year to celebrate their anniversary. He looked at it for a while longer, and then proceeded to walk around looking at other pictures, before heading to the kitchen.

He noticed the lights were on and saw Dixon drinking a glass of orange juice. Dixon looked at Jack when he noticed him and smiled. “Hi Jack. Couldn’t sleep?” Jack smiled back.

“No, not really.” He got a glass and poured himself some orange juice, and sat opposite of Dixon.

“So, where are you and Ethan sleeping? I noticed you weren’t in bed when I got up.”

“Ethan noticed I couldn’t sleep, and thought I’d sleep better in my own bed.” Dixon nodded. Jack laughed a little. “About the snuggle party. Ethan never wanted that. But since I’d told him we could do anything he wanted, he wanted to see if he could get me to agree to a snuggle party.” Dixon stared a little at Jack but then laughed.

“He sure got the Derevko genes.” They both laughed more at that.

They talked for a little while longer before heading back to bed. When they were just about to leave the kitchen Jack turned to Dixon. “You don’t have to go back and sleep with them. I’ll take you to one of the other guestrooms.”

“Thanks Jack. I had thought of just sleeping on the couch. But that was before you got here. A bed without anyone else in it, is definitely better.” He nodded and they headed upstairs. They walked past the room the others were sleeping in. Dixon had left the door a little open, and they heard Marshall call out Carrie a little. Jack and Dixon stuck their heads in, and saw that Marshall put an arm around Kendall, and that Kendall snuggled closer to Marshall. Jack and Dixon turned to each other, closed the door quickly, and got far away from the door. When they were sure the others couldn’t hear them, they broke out laughing. They shook their heads at the image.

“How on earth am I supposed to get any sleep now, with that image in my head?” They laughed a little more, before Jack showed Dixon the guestroom. They said their goodnights, and Jack walked back to his own bedroom.

He stood by the edge of the bed looking down on his sleeping son, and then picked up Fluffy. He looked at the teddy bear. This had also played apart in getting him and Irina back together. If he hadn’t checked in on the triplets, and if Caitie hadn’t needed her bear, he would never have gone to Irina’s room to get it, and would never have seen the picture. He would like to think that regardless of these events, he and Irina would still have gotten back together some day. But he was also certain that the events had only helped speed things along, which led them to renewing their vows. He looked at the bear one last time and got back under the covers. Ethan snuggled closer to his father in his sleep. With his son on one side, and the bear on the other, Jack closed his eyes to see if he would be able to get a couple of hours of sleep. If he could pass the time with sleep, then he would be occupied, and it wouldn’t be long before he saw Irina again.

TBC

Ethan is bad. :lol: I loved that syd/nadia took jack/irina's cell phones away and unplugged all the phones so they couldn't talk to each other. :lol:
Mette BFF means best friends forever.

Uhh hangovers are bad :Pinch:

And here I thought we were going to get hot and steamy cell action :naughty:
But I guess I just have to use my imagination :whistle:

Got to love Ethan and his sneaky ways :laughbounce:
What fathers wont do to satisfy their childrens wishes...

Thanks for the PM, I guess the wedding is up next, and that means the last chapter :depressed:
Are you continuing with the next sequel just after the end of this or are you taking a vacation first??

I love Ethan! When I read his request I nearly choked. He does have the Derevko genes and them mixed up with Bristow genes will probably prove to be fun in the future. :D

“Just because there’s no one in the cells, doesn’t mean that the security cameras aren’t on.”
Jack, Irina, you got a little carried away there! I thought about the cameras during the first kisses and I knew that somebody was watching them. :lol:

Jack and Dixon stuck their heads in, and saw that Marshall put an arm around Kendall, and that Kendall snuggled closer to Marshall.
:sideroll: Why didn't Jack or Dixon take a picture of all the guys? That would have been some good material. (y)

-Liisbet-

Thanks for the PM, I guess the wedding is up next, and that means the last chapter :depressed:
Are you continuing with the next sequel just after the end of this or are you taking a vacation first??
Just thought I'd reply to this.

Yes, the next chapter is the last chapter of this story.

On Saturday I'm going home to visit my family for about a week and a half. I won't be able to post on my story there, and tomorrow I'm getting together with friends in the evening. That means that I have until late Friday afternoon to write the last chapter. If I'm able to do that, then I'll be having a vacation before I start on the sequel, because I'll be home with my family. If I'm not able to finish the last chapter before going home - well that means that it'll be almost 2 weeks before you get the last chapter. I'll start on the sequel after I've finished with this story, but I might wait a few days before posting, so that I'll have a head start. So, I guess the answer is yes. I'll be taking some time off before posting the sequel.

I can't promise that I'll be able to get the last chapter done before late Friday afternoon, because I also have to pack and take care of some other stuff. Besides it takes a lot of time to write. So, no promises, but I'm working on finishing it by Friday.

This chapter was as hilarious as the previous one. You gave me a badly needed laugh thank you... but but but no honeymoon :sadangel: :Please: I just thought this story would go on forever, telling about the honeymoon later on their daily lives and then them going on dangerous missions, triplets growing up... Ok may be I got a little bit carried away but yet... :Please:
The thing is the whole show was all angst and we were never rewarded with happy moments of Irina and Jack so we need them.. :tvhappy:

Hey let's start a campaign for Mette to continue with this :woot:

EDIT

I was outposted by Mette so I didn't see her post. Ok clearly you are busy and need some time with your family, no pressure I was just trying to show you how much I liked your story

EDIT

I was outposted by Mette so I didn't see her post. Ok clearly you are busy and need some time with your family, no pressure I was just trying to show you how much I liked your story
Don't worry, I wasn't offended. I'm very flattered by your comment. Thank you very much. You're much too kind. :blush:

I don't see my family that often, so when I have the chance, I usually spend more than a week at home.

The story won't go on forever, but there will be a sequel to this story, which takes place about 4 1/2 years after this one ends, and then there'll be a third and final story, which takes places around the time the second story ends. So, I will be continuing with the lives of many of the same characters, but I won't go on forever. Sorry. :smiley:

It Was For The Best.

It's the final chapter. I thank you all for reading and commenting. It's been a great joy. Hope to see you all in the sequel. :smiley:

cerpedes: Thank you for telling me. I know though. I've been busy writing my story, so since SD-1 has been so far behind in updates, I haven't posted new chapters there. On the Temp Board I also told people where I'd be posting my story, so I assume that they'd know it's here. I'll be going out of town for nearly two weeks, so I won't be updating on SD-1 before I get back.

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: Yeah, a little. :lol: Glad you liked that. Thank you for telling me that.

Dlenafan: Yes, they are. Sorry - but feel free to use your imagination. :lol: I wouldn't be good at writing smut anyway. Yes, absolutely. :lol: And someone like Jack would do anything.

TheDerevkoGirl: Ethan is a sweetheart. It's certainly quite a combination of genes. :lol: Jack and Irina always get carried away. :lol: They can still take pictures. :lol:

Sydney Derevko Bristow: Glad you think so. Glad I could help. Sorry - I'm no good at writing smut. It won't go on forever. But as I wrote, there's more to come as this continues in two other stories. Who's to say that Jack and Irina will live happily ever after? A lot can happen in four years.

dandan: Glad to hear it.

Chapter 45
In the morning Jack woke up, not having slept much. He gently got out of bed, so he wouldn’t wake up Ethan. As he walked down the hall, he noticed Dixon coming out of his room. Jack walked to him and they met outside the room the others were sleeping in.

“Morning Jack.”

“Morning Marcus.”

“How did you sleep?”

“Not all that well. I slept a little, but not as much as I would have liked.”

“I take it you’re missing Irina badly?” Jack looked at Dixon surprised, who smiled at Jack. “Come on Jack. Everyone knows how you two feel about each other. It’s written allover your faces, and your body language speaks volumes of how much you love each other.” Jack smiled and nodded. “I also know the feeling myself. I was never able to sleep that well when I was away from Diane.” Jack gave Dixon a small compassionate smile.

“And now? How do you sleep now?”

“I sleep alright. And whenever I have trouble sleeping, I think about Diana. I’ve moved on with my life, and am in a new relationship. But Diane will always be the love of my life, no matter what. I’ll always be thinking about her.” Jack nodded his understanding. Dixon also knew there was more to the nod than just understanding. He knew that the conversation would stay between him and Jack, without having to ask that of him.

“How did you sleep tonight? Was sleeping in a bed of your own better than the snuggle party?” They both laughed a little.

“Most definitely.”

“Glad to hear it. We should probably wake the others.” Dixon nodded. They opened the door and saw that Kendall and Marshall were snuggled even closer together. Sergei had spread out across the space where Jack had slept, and Will had done the same in the spot where Dixon had slept. Eric was using Vaughn’s chest as a pillow, and Vaughn had his hand on Eric’s head, snuggling close with him. Jack and Dixon closed the door for a moment, so that they could laugh out in the hall. “It’s even worse than last night.” Dixon nodded and they laughed some more. “We should probably wake them now.” Jack was about to open the door again, but was stopped by Dixon’s hand on his shoulder. Jack looked at Dixon curiously.

“I think we should get our cameras first. Vaughn and Eric are always teasing you, and making remarks. Taking pictures of them like this, will give you something on them.” Jack let out a small laugh, and he and Dixon went off to get their cameras. They came back and took several pictures without any of them waking up. They then put the cameras back in their rooms, so that they wouldn’t get caught with them. When they got back they took one last look at them shaking their heads in amusement.

“Rise and shine.” Jack spoke loud so that they’d wake up. Marshall was about to give Kendall a kiss still half asleep, thinking it was Carrie he was snuggling with. Kendall opened his eyes, and saw Marshall’s lips coming at him.

“Marshall stop.” Kendall yelled and gave Marshall a push, pushing him out of his embrace. Marshall looked like a deer caught in the headlights, when he noticed he had almost kissed Kendall. Kendall’s yelling woke up the others fully, and when Vaughn and Eric noticed each other they quickly removed themselves from each other.

“Weiss, I told you to keep your hands to yourself.”

“You’re the one, who had your hand on my head. For all I know, you’re the one who wanted me in your sleep.” Jack and Dixon laughed at the situation, and Sergei also started to laugh a little after a few seconds. Will was relieved that he hadn’t been sleeping that close with anyone, and Marshall finally came to, looking at Kendall apologetically.

“Sorry. I thought you were Carrie.” Kendall gave him a nod and got out of bed quickly. Jack looked around at everyone.

“Why don’t you just throw on some clothes or stay as you are, and we can all make breakfast. We can let Ethan and Mitchell sleep, since they’ll be staying up late tonight anyway.” They all nodded and Jack and Dixon left the room first. When they were on the way down the stairs Dixon turned to Jack.

“I think we put the cameras away too early.” They laughed the rest of the way to the kitchen.

At Sydney’s place she and Nadia got up and check in on their mother. She wasn’t in her bed. Only Maddie and Caitie were sleeping there. They headed for the kitchen and found her sitting in the living room, looking at pictures of their father. “Morning mom.” They sat down, one next to her and the other opposite of her.

“Good morning.” She looked at them giving them a half smile.

“How did you sleep?”

“Horrible.” They looked at her curiously, and she smiled more. “I miss your father. I never sleep well, when he’s not by my side.” They smiled at their mother.

“That’s sweet mom.”

“I should never have let you take me away from him.” Irina whined slightly and Sydney and Nadia rolled their eyes at her.

“Mom, it was one night. I’m sure you can be without him for one night.”

“No. Your father gives me comfort, stability, and safety, and I don’t want to be without that.” She leaned back in the couch, smiling at the thought of Jack. “I really want your father.” Sydney and Nadia grimaced and Irina noticed that. She rolled her eyes. “I didn’t mean it like that. Well, of course I want your father like that.”

“Mom, stop. We don’t want to hear about it.”

“We’re all grown women. We should be able to talk about things like that.”

“Oh no mom, we shouldn’t. You and dad are our parents. No child wants to think about their parents that way.”

“Sydney, you have a child of your own. I think you’re a little too old to believe that the stork brought you to your father and me.”

“I know the stork didn’t bring me, but neither Nadia nor I wish to know about you and dad that way.”

“Your father and I are adults. It’s perfectly normal for us to be sexually active.” Sydney and Nadia groaned.

“Syd, please make mom stop.”

“Mom, we beg of you to stop.” Sydney shook her head. “What you and dad have, is not normal.”

“What makes you say that?”

“We’ve seen you together, and have had it indicated several times. At your age that’s not normal.”

“At our age?” Irina stared a little wide eyed at Sydney and then laughed. “We might be grandparents, but that doesn’t make us old. Believe me, your father is just as good and functional as when he was younger. In fact he’s better now. It’s all about finding new positions, and other ways of pleasing each other, combined with the regular stuff. However, the regular stuff, was never boring and still isn’t. We’re exploring each others bodies, just as much as we’ve always done, and the desire and lust for each other, are as strong as ever. Stronger even.” Sydney’s eyes were almost falling out of her head.

“Mom, I don’t want to hear about your positions or how you and dad please each other.”

“I never mentioned any specific positions or how we please each other. But if you have questions, feel free to ask.”

“No mom. I said I didn’t want to hear about that.”

“I’m sorry you feel the way you feel, but your father and I have been apart for so many years. With that much time apart from each other, it’s only normal that we have such a strong sexual appetite for each other. Though, I’m pretty sure if we’d been together all these years, our sexual appetite for each other would still be as strong as it is today.”

“Mom, stop using sexual appetite when you’re referring to you and dad.”

“What would you like me to say?”

“I don’t know, but not that.”

“Then how about saying that your father and I have a horny lusty hunger for each other?”

“No, no, no. Just stop talking about this.”

“Syd, Syd, Syd.” Nadia was shaking her head, had her eyes closed and were covering her ears with her hands, even though that had done her no good. Nadia opened her eyes, and Sydney looked at her curiously. “You do realize, you started this whole thing. You told mom to stop, and then you went on to say that she and dad weren’t normal. Mom was baiting you after that and you fell for it, and made me suffer.” Sydney gaped and then looked at her mother, who had a hard time controlling her laughter.

“Your sister’s right. Though, I really didn’t mind talking about the sexual appetite your father and I have for each other, or whatever you’d prefer to call it.” Sydney gave her mother a glare, and then picked up a cushion and threw it at her mother. Irina threw it back at Sydney. Nadia joined in and soon the three of them were having a cushion fight.

At both places they all eventually had breakfast, relaxed, and showered. At the end of the morning they all drove to the inn. Kendall hadn’t brought his things with him, so he went home to change and to pick up his overnight bag, since everyone would be staying the night at the inn. He said he’d arrive at the inn in time for the wedding. Dixon drove home to pick up his children, and to pick up their overnight bags. The girls had arrived at the inn before the guys, and they’d met with the staff and band to check that everything was as it should be. When that was all taken care of they went to the cottage.

When the guys arrived they too, went around to check on things. When that was done, Jack saw that Sydney and Nadia were coming out of the cottage and he went to them. They greeted their father with a hug and a kiss, and Sydney gave Vaughn a kiss, and Nadia gave Eric a kiss.

“Ethan’s clothes are with ours, so we thought he could change with us, and we can bring him over later, so that he can hang out with you guys until the ceremony.” Jack nodded.

“Sure. I’ll take him.” Sydney and Nadia stopped their father before he had a chance to move.

“Nice try dad, but you don’t get to see mom before the ceremony.”

“I should be able to take my own son to his mother, and be allowed to see my other daughters.”

“We will gladly bring Maddie and Caitie out here, but you don’t get to see mom.” Jack gave them an annoyed look. They just smirked at him.

“Sorry dad, but that’s the way it is. Now would you like to see Maddie and Caitie?”

“Of course.”

“Good, then we’ll bring them out here, and we’ll take Ethan with us now.” Nadia held her hand out to Ethan, and then looked at Eric, Vaughn, Sergei, Marshall, and Will. “Don’t let him get anywhere near the cottage.” Jack rolled his eyes at his daughters as they left. Sergei put a hand on Jack’s shoulder.

“I think you better do as they say.” Jack nodded reluctantly and Sergei grinned. “Don’t worry it won’t be long until you see her.” A few seconds later Maddie and Caitie came running out towards their father. He held his arms out to them and hugged them tightly, spending a few minutes with them, before letting them go back inside the cottage. After that the guys walked off to get a little something to eat before starting to get ready.

Marshall and Mitchell got ready in the room Marshall and Carrie would be spending the night in, and a few seconds later Carrie joined them with Isabelle, who she had promised to look after while Sydney got ready, and sit with her during the ceremony. Will got changed in the room he would be spending the night in. He finished rather early and walked out in the hall just as Rachel came out of her room. They smiled at each other. “Hi.”

“Hey.”

“You look very nice. Very beautiful.” Rachel blushed a little at Will’s compliment.

“Thank you. You look quite nice yourself.” Will just shrugged and they laughed a little.

“So, you’re dressed rather quickly. I thought women always took their time.”

“Sometimes we do.” They laughed a little again. “But, I like to make good time. Besides, the weather is great and it’s a beautiful place, so I thought I’d walk around until the wedding.”

“Would you like some company?” She smiled at him.

“I’d love to.” He smiled back and they headed outside.

Marshall, Carrie, Mitchell, and Isabelle also got out of their room rather early dressed for the wedding. Dixon came down the hall as they got out of their room. “Hi Marcus. Where are the kids?”

“Outside. They’re already dressed, so there’s no point in them coming inside. If you’re going outside, could you keep an eye on them? I know they’re not exactly that small anymore, but could you just be on the lookout?”

“Absolutely.”

“Thanks.” He gave them a nod and a smile, and headed for the room Jack was in, while Marshall, Carrie, Mitchell, and Isabelle headed outside. When they got outside they noticed that Devlin had arrived and walked over to greet him.

“Hello sir. Nice to see you again.” He smiled at them and shook their hands.

“Marshall, Carrie, Mitchell, Isabelle.” Marshall’s face lit up when he noticed that Devlin knew his son’s name. “But please, call me Ben for the day. It’s such a happy occasion we’re here for, and we’re out of the office.” They both nodded. Carrie noticed Stephen and Robin, and saw that they looked a little out of place.

“If you two will excuse me, I think I’ll go and talk to Marcus’ kids. They seem a bit lonely.” Marshall and Devlin nodded and Carrie looked at Mitchell. “Sweetie, do you want to come with me, or stay here with daddy?”

“With you.” She nodded and took him by the hand. Marshall and Devlin looked at each other.

“Beautiful day for a wedding.”

“Yes, it certainly is. September is a lovely month.”

“Beautiful place to have a wedding too.”

“Yes, it’s amazing. I didn’t know that Jack was much of an ocean man.”

“Neither did I. But then again, I don’t really know him that well. Well, I know him, but I don’t think we’re really buddy, buddy, if you know what I mean.” Devlin was just about to say something, but Marshall continued rambling. “Of course I’ve spent time a lot of time with him, and I call him by his first name now, even at work, but we haven’t done a lot of real male bonding. Though, I don’t really know what we’d do, if we were to do some male bonding.” Marshall kept on rambling about Jack and about other things, whenever he said a word that would lead the conversation in a different direction.

A while later Marshall was still rambling, when Devlin spotted Kendall. Kendall was about to walk over to Carrie to say hi, but didn’t get the chance.

“Jim, over here.” Devlin stuck his hand up in the air, and waved Kendall over. Kendall waved at Carrie, Mitchell, Isabelle, Stephen, and Robin, and then walked over to join Marshall and Devlin.

“Hi Ben. Hi Marshall.”

“Hi Jim.” Kendall looked at Marshall oddly, not being used to him calling him by his first name. Marshall saw the look in Kendall’s eyes, and got a little nervous. “Um, I mean Kendall. Uh, Assistant Director Kendall. I guess you and I aren’t really buddy, buddy.”

“Buddy, buddy? I don’t follow.”

“Well, you see….” Marshall started to explain everything he’d been telling Devlin, and Kendall quickly realized just why Devlin had called him over so eagerly. Kendall shot Devlin a look, but Devlin merely smirked in return.

At the cottage Irina was helping Ethan get ready. When he was done, she looked at him and smiled. “You look as handsome as your father.” Ethan smiled and he went to show his suit to Maddie and Caitie. Irina started pacing a little around the room, and Sydney and Nadia noticed her.

“Mom, what’s wrong?” Irina didn’t really hear them. Sydney and Nadia looked at each other, not believing how their mother was acting.

“Mom, are you nervous about getting married?” Irina finally looked at them, and decided she might as well be honest.

“Yes, I am. Which bride isn’t a little nervous on her wedding day.” They laughed a little at their mother.

“First you’re nervous about how you did on your final test with the CIA, even though you knew you’d pass. And now you’re nervous about getting married. Mom, you have absolutely nothing to be nervous about. You’ve done this before, and it’s dad.”

“I know, I know. But this is not the same as the first time we got married. I was nervous back then too, but I’m just a little afraid that my emotions will get the better of me, and I’ll end of rambling like, like….”

“Marshall?” They all three laughed at Sydney’s suggestion, and Irina nodded. Sydney smiled warmly at her mother. “You’re right that this is not the same as when you and dad first got married. It’s better this time. There are no secrets between you, and you can be honest about your feelings for him, and he knows that it’s you, who’s really saying those vows. So it doesn’t matter if your emotions get the better of you.” Irina smiled at Sydney and at Nadia, who was nodding. She walked over at put her arms around her oldest daughters.

“Thank you. What would I do with out the two of you. I love you.”

“I love you too, mom.”

“Me too, mom. I love you.” Irina kissed her daughters on their cheeks as Ethan walked out to join them.

“Can I go see daddy now?” Irina smiled at her son.

“Absolutely. I’ll take you.” She reached her hand out to Ethan, but Nadia stepped in her way.

“No you don’t mom. You’re not allowed to see dad before the ceremony.”

“Right mom. I’ll take Ethan.” Sydney held her hand out to Ethan, and together they walked off to see their father. Irina gave Nadia a glare.

“Glare all you want, or whine.”

“I don’t whine.”

“You did this morning, when you were missing dad.”

“Oh you mean, when we talked about the sexual appetite your father and I have for each other?” Nadia grimaced and Irina smiled a little triumphantly. If she had to suffer being away from Jack, she could make her children suffer too. “I’ll just go and get finished.” Irina went to the bedroom, laughing a little to herself.

Sydney walked with Ethan to see their father and they passed Marshall, Kendall, and Devlin on the way. Marshall was still rambling, so Kendall saw the opportunity to get a break from the rambling. “Hi Sydney. Where are you two off to?”

“We’re off to dad’s room. Ethan wants to spend time with dad and the guys before the ceremony.”

“Shouldn’t you finish getting ready?”

“Yeah, but it won’t take long for me to take him to dad’s room.”

“Well, just so you won’t be late, why don’t I take him to your father’s room? That’s of course if Ethan doesn’t mind.” Sydney looked at Kendall oddly. She’d never figured he’d like being around children. She knew he had nephews that he’d spent some time with, and that he’d certainly changed, but still she never thought he was a children’s person.

“Uh, I guess that would be alright.” She looked at her brother. “Sweetie, would you mind if Kendall took you to dad’s room?”

“No, I don’t mind.” He reached his hand out to Kendall, and Kendall took it smiling.

“Okay. Thank you. I’ll just get back to the cottage then.” She smiled at the others, but still couldn’t believe Kendall was taking Ethan to their father’s room, as she walked back to the cottage. Kendall looked at Ethan.

“Well, I guess we better get you to your dad.” Ethan nodded and smiled. As they left Kendall looked over his shoulder and smirked at Devlin. Devlin gave a tiny smile and a nod in return, recognizing that Kendall had just played him, like he played Kendall earlier.

Jack was sitting in a chair and was fidgeting. Everyone was dressed by now. Jack was wearing a black suit, white shirt, a light gray colored vest and a matching tie, both in smooth, silky fabric. Ethan was wearing the same as his dad, whereas Vaughn and Dixon wore a black suit, white shirt, and a gray tie that was a bit darker than the ones Jack and Ethan wore. They all looked around at Jack, not really believing that the great Jack Bristow was nervous about getting married.

“Jack, you do realize that you have nothing to be nervous about, right?” Jack shot Vaughn a glare.

“I’m not nervous.” Vaughn backed away a little from the tone in Jack’s voice, and Sergei thought he’d give it a try. He didn’t think that Jack would be as hard on him. However, he spoke gentler.

“Jack, it’s pretty obvious that you’re nervous.” Jack glared at Sergei, but realizing he was right and gave his a tiny smile. Vaughn shook his head, at how Jack was willing to accept it from Sergei but not from him.

“Yes, I’m a little nervous. What if Irina says no.” Sergei laughed a little.

“Oh come on Jack. Irina’s not going to say no. She loves you and all she’s ever wanted is to be married to you. She will marry you.” Jack nodded a little, but was obviously still nervous.

“So what if Irina says no.” Everyone looked at Eric. “You two are still married, so it doesn’t really matter if she says no, or doesn’t even show up.” He started laughing, but all he got from Jack was his death glare. Eric rolled his eyes. “Geez, you try to make one little joke to lighten the mood, and you get the death glare.” He headed for the table, getting himself a glass of water, still laughing a little. Vaughn walked over to him.

“Weiss, while I’m all for teasing Jack from time to time, and Irina too, you should really try harder to remember that you’re dating Jack’s daughter.” Eric nearly choked on his water. Vaughn smiled and put an arm around Eric. “Yeah. Welcome to hell buddy.” Eric looked at Vaughn shaking his head.

“I will not go through anywhere near what you went through, just because I’m dating his daughter. Jack loves me. He loves me. We get on better than you and he do.” Vaughn shook his head laughing.

“Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that, if it helps you feel better.” Just then there was a knock on the door.”

“Come in.” Kendall walked in with Ethan. Jack immediately smiled. Dixon walked over to them and smiled at Ethan.

“Look at you. You look very nice.”

“That’s because mommy says I’m just as handsome as daddy.” They all laughed a little, and Jack smiled even more. Sergei leaned closer to Jack.

“Does that make you feel better?” Jack looked at Sergei, and let out a small laugh, realizing how silly he’d been. He turned his attention back to Ethan.

“Come here buddy.” Ethan walked over to his father and Jack placed him in his lap. Dixon turned to Kendall.

“How come you’re bringing him in here?” Kendall let out a small laugh.

“When I arrived, I wanted to say hi to Carrie and the kids, but Devlin called me over before I had a chance to do that. He was talking to Marshall, and I quickly found out that he called me over, because then he wouldn’t be alone to listen to Marshall’s rambling. Well, when Sydney came walking with Ethan, I saw the opportunity to get away.” Dixon laughed. “It’s not that I mind Marshall, and I certainly didn’t mind bringing Ethan over here, but Marshall’s rambling can just be a little too much at times.” Dixon nodded.

“You get used to it.” They both laughed. “I guess you can hide out here until the ceremony.”

“Thank you.”

Some time later Eric’s phone rang. The conversation was brief, and when it ended he looked at Jack smiling. “It’s time.” Jack nodded. He gave Ethan a kiss and took him by the hand as they all left the room. Jack tried getting away with walking Ethan to the cottage, but Sergei stopped him grinning.

“Nice try Jack, but I’ll take him.” Jack let go of Ethan reluctantly and Eric and Vaughn dragged him along to the place of the ceremony. Dixon took the rings out of his pocket and gave them to Ethan, before walking off with Kendall. Eric gathered everyone else, and now they all stood at the platform overlooking the ocean. Dixon gave Jack a pad on the back as the music started playing.

Ethan walked down first, with Maddie and Caitie following close behind him, throwing down rose petals. Jack stepped forward and gave his son and daughters a kiss on the cheek. Ethan then placed himself in front of Dixon and Vaughn and Maddie and Caitie stood on the opposite side. Next Sydney and Nadia came walking down. Jack walked up to them and also gave them a kiss on the cheek, where after they walked over to their sisters. Jack walked back to his place and looked over at his daughters. Sydney and Nadia were wearing matching dresses in a light purple color. Maddie and Caitie were wearing matching dresses too, in another shade of purple. Eric gave Jack a nudge.

“Look Jack.” Jack looked at Eric first, and then in the direction Eric was pointing. His jaw dropped, his breath caught in his throat when he saw Irina walking towards him. Dixon saw him and this time he gave him a nudge.

“Breathe Jack. You don’t want to pass out.” Jack started to breathe a little as Irina got closer. She was wearing a simple, not nearly white dress, fitting her body perfectly. Eric gave him another nudge.

“This would be a good time to go to her, and lead her here.” Jack just nodded slightly, still staring at Irina. He finally composed himself a little better and walked to Irina and Sergei just as they reached the platform. Sergei reached his hand out to Jack.

“She’s all yours.” Jack shook Sergei’s hand and smiled. Sergei then put his other free arm around Jack and gave him a slight hug, which Jack returned before taking Irina’s hands in his.

“You look absolutely beautiful. Stunning as always and you’re taking my breath away.” She smiled lovingly at him.

“Yeah, I could see that. You look dashing. Very handsome.”

“So, you would agree that I put a lot of thought into my clothes?” They both laughed, and were the only ones, who understood their little joke. They were about to kiss when Eric cleared his throat.

“You’re not allowed to do that until I say you may kiss the bride.” Jack shot Eric an annoyed glare, but decided to go along. Instead he gave Irina a kiss on the cheek and whispered in her ear.

“I missed you. I couldn’t sleep.” She whispered back.

“I missed you too, and I couldn’t sleep either. I should never have let the girls take me away from you.” They laughed again, and then walked up to Eric. He smiled at them and looked around at the others, and indicated that the music should stop. He took a deep breath and started.

“Dear family, dear friends. We’re gathered here today, to celebrate a very special union. A very special couple. Someone, who’s very well aware of the vow, for better or for worse. Someone, who’s been through hell, lies, betrayal, heartache, secrecy. But not even all of that could stand in the way of the love that burns strong and clear between them. It’s a love that’s stood the test of time, and after more than thirty years is burning stronger than ever. It’s a love that no one has ever been able to come between and no one ever will. It’s that love we celebrate here today. Jack and Irina have decided to write their own vows, which we will hear now.” Eric gestured to Jack to proceed.

Jack stood there for a few seconds just smiling lovingly at Irina. It had been more than thirty years since they’d last said ‘I do’ to each other. Back then he thought that he was marrying someone else. But looking in her eyes now, he saw the same look that she gave him all those years ago. The love she had for him then, was the same that she had for him now. Jack started to get a little emotional and he had to swallow a few times before he could get started. He started to rub his thumbs in circles across her hands as he was holding them.

“Irina, I’ve never been so angry with anyone, as with you. I’ve never been so weak or so strong, as when I’ve been with you. I’ve never been so filled with love as when I’m with you. You bring out everything that is in me. You complete me. You’re my equal. I can’t promise you that we won’t have our ups and downs, but I can promise you all my love. We’ve had our past and now we have our future ahead of us, and I’m looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you.” Jack had a few tears falling freely from his eyes, and he didn’t bother wiping them away. For once he didn’t mind letting everyone see how emotional he was. Irina was crying too, but didn’t attempt to dry them away either. “Irina, all my love forever and a day. All my heart forever and a day. All my soul forever and a day. All my stubbornness forever and a day. All my moods forever and a day. All my protection forever and a day. All my devotion forever and a day. All my trust forever and a day. All of me forever and a day. Thank you for your love and for being who you are. I’m proud to call myself your husband. I love you Irina.” He picked up her hands and kissed them, and then held them to his heart for a few seconds.

Sydney, Nadia, Sergei, Marshall, Carrie, and Rachel were crying. Marshall was almost the one that cried the most. Vaughn and Dixon had wet eyes a little, whereas Will, Kendall, and Devlin were emotional. Eric was crying too, and could not tell Irina to continue, so he merely gestured it with his hands. She let out a small laugh at that, and then looked at Jack for a few seconds before starting.

“I was taught to hate, to despise, to mistrust, to deceive. But when I met you, I got a different outlook on life. You taught me what kindness was. You taught me what love was. You showed me what love between a man and a woman means, and you taught me to open my heart. I’m alive when I’m with you, and I’m nothing when I’m not. I’ve spend years dreaming that we would one day be together again, and here we are renewing our vows. You’re my dream. You’re my world. You’re my love. You’re my life. You’re my weakness. You’re my strength. You’re the best part of me. You’re my Jack.” They smiled broadly at each other as the tears kept coming. “You have my undying love, my trust, my heart, my soul, and you have me forever and a day. I will never leave you, and I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you as happy as you make me.” She took his hands and held them to her heart. “I am as much your wife now, as I was more than thirty years ago. I love you Jack. More than I could ever say or express. I love you so much.” She picked up his hands and kissed them like he had kissed hers. They stood looking at each other, smiling and enjoying the moment. Eric wiped his tears and gathered himself before he could move on.

“After the personal vows, we’ll now move on to the more traditional ones. Jonathan Donahue Bristow, do you take Irina Maria Derevko to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

“I do.”

“Do you promise to love her, to cherish her, to her being your one and only, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for all eternity?”

“I do.”

“Irina Maria Derevko, do you take Jonathan Donahue Bristow to be you lawfully wedded husband?”

“I do.”

“Do you promise to love him, to cherish him, to him being your one and only, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for all eternity?”

“I do.” They hadn’t taken their eyes off of each other, and everyone was smiling.

“May I have the rings?” Ethan walked up to Eric with the rings, and Jack and Irina took their eyes off of each other and stroke their son on his cheeks as he handed them their rings. He went back to his place and Jack and Irina looked at each other. “Jack, place the ring on Irina’s finger and repeat after me. With this ring, I thee wed.”

“With this ring, I thee wed.”

“Let this ring be a symbol of our love for each other. That I am yours, and you are mine.”

“Let this ring be a symbol of our love for each other. That I am yours, and you are mine.”

“Forever and a day.” Both Jack and Irina looked briefly at Eric and smiled, at the words Eric had used. Jack’s famous words. He smiled back at them.

“Forever and a day.”

“Irina, place the ring on Jack’s finger and repeat after me. With this ring, I thee wed.”

“With this ring, I thee wed.”

“Forever and a day.”

“Forever and a day.”

“Then by the power invested in me by the Church of Mammals, in front of your family and friends, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. Jack you may now kiss your bride.” Jack took her hands and placed them behind his neck. He then ran his hands over her arms, until one arm went behind her shoulders, and he placed the other around her waist, pulling her close. They smiled at each other one last time, before they kissed. They kept kissing for a while, and after the kiss they rested their heads against each other for a few seconds, before they hugged each other tightly. “Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Bristow.” Jack and Irina kissed again and dried the remainder of each others tears, while everyone started to walk up to them to congratulate them.

The children congratulated their parents first, followed by Sergei, Vaughn, and Eric. The guys all gave Irina a kiss on the cheek, even Vaughn, and he smiled warmer at her then he’d ever done before. Jack and Irina thanked Eric for a beautiful ceremony, but he wouldn’t take credit for it, and said that it was their vows that made it special. Dixon was the next to congratulate Jack and Irina, and he too, gave Irina a kiss on the cheek, and Jack a hand shake, and gave his shoulder a squeeze. Stephen and Robin shook hands with Jack and Irina, and Irina gave them a hug. Rachel and Will were next. Rachel hugged Irina, but she wasn’t quite sure what to do about Jack. He smiled at her and leaned in and gave her a small hug. Will shook hands with Irina and she gave him a kiss on the cheek thanking him for coming. He then shook hands with Jack. Devlin too gave Irina a kiss on the cheek and shook hands with Jack. Kendall was next.

“So, am I allowed to kiss the bride?” He grinned at Jack, remembering back at APO, when he teased Jack that he was hitting on Irina. Jack rolled his eyes at Kendall smiling. He nodded.

“Yes, if my wife agrees to it.” Irina smiled and nodded and Kendall kissed her cheek.

“Congratulations to both of you.” He shook hands with Jack.

“Thank you.”

Carrie stepped up to Irina and gave her a hug. She moved on to Jack smiling. Jack smiled back and without any awkwardness they hugged, and she gave him a kiss on the cheek. Mitchell gave Irina a hand shake and she gave him a kiss on the cheek. He also gave Jack a hand shake and Jack stroke him gently on the head. Marshall was next. He motioned for a hug from Irina, which she gladly gave him, and since he didn’t give her a kiss on the cheek, she gave him one, which made him smile shyly. He then walked over to Jack, just looking at him for a few moments, before he threw his arms around him, hugging him. Jack was taken aback by Marshall’s hug, and stared a little wide eyed. Carrie rolled her eyes, and apologized with her eyes to Jack. He then smiled and put his arms around Marshall giving him a squeeze. However, when Jack let go, Marshall was still hugging Jack.

“Okay Marshall.” Jack gave Marshall a pad on the back and Marshall finally let go.

“Sorry. It’s just that I love weddings, and I get very emotional. And I also never thought I’d ever be attending your wedding. Not that you’ve ever had any reason to get married in the past.” He looked at Irina. “I’ve never seen him with another woman, so I don’t think you’d have had anything to worry about. I mean you certainly don’t have anything to worry about now, and…” Carrie pulled at Marshall’s jacket, which caused him to stop rambling.

“Marshall I think it’s about time you stopped talking.” Marshall got red in the face with embarrassment and looked at Jack and Irina apologetically.

“Sorry. My emotions are running away with me.” Irina smiled at him.

“It’s okay Marshall.” He smiled broadly at her and nodded. Everyone had been watching the scene and laughed a little shaking their heads. Jack turned his attention to them.

“There are refreshments in the garden. Why don’t we all go there?” They all headed for the garden. On their way there, Jack held Irina back and let the others go ahead. They looked at each other, smiled and kissed. “I love you Mrs. Bristow.”

“I love you too Mr. Bristow.” They kissed again, and then Irina started to laugh a little.

“What?” She looked at him grinning.

“The Church of Mammals?” He laughed too.

“Yeah, I noticed that too. I swear I didn’t know.”

“Well, considering that neither of us are saints, and with the past we have, I think it’s only fitting. I mean, it would be a little out of place if we were married by a Church of Everything Holy or something like that, when we’re not religious. And a Church of Eternal Love or something like that, just sounds too corny.” They laughed.

“Then I guess the Church of Mammals isn’t that bad.” They kissed again.

“Congratulations on your wedding.” They broke the kiss and stared a little at the person standing in front of them.

“Katya? What are you doing here?”

“I accepted the pardon and came for the wedding. I might not be wanted here, but I wasn’t going to miss seeing my sister getting married. Now I believe that I’m allowed to kiss the groom.” Katya took a step towards Jack, but Irina took a step forward, giving her sister her death glare.

“No, you’re not.” Katya stopped and gave Irina a nod. Irina softened her look and now looked at her sister a little sadly. “You shouldn’t be here.” Katya gave Irina a small warm smile.

“I know. But you’re my sister, and this is your wedding day. I wasn’t going to miss seeing you on you special day being so happy.” Irina smiled at Katya. “I got what I came for and I’ll leave you alone.” She walked up to Irina and gave her a hug. “You look beautiful. Congratulations.” She gave her sister a kiss on each cheek and smiled at her. She then looked at Jack, giving him a stare. “You better take good care of her, or you’ll have me to answer to.” Jack glared at Katya, and she gave him a nod. She then took one last look at Irina. “Enjoy your day. I’ll be in touch.” Irina smiled.

“Bye Katya.” She walked away and Jack saw that it broke Irina’s heart to see her sister leave. He leaned closer and whispered in her ear.

“She can stay.” Irina looked at Jack surprised. He smiled lovingly at her and nodded. She smiled back and gave him a kiss before she walked after Katya calling out her name.

“Katya wait.” Katya stopped and waited for Irina to walk up to her. Irina smiled at her. “You can stay. If you want to, you can stay.” Katya looked a little surprised at Irina and then looked at Jack, who had joined Irina now.

“What about him? He doesn’t want me to stay.”

“He was the one, who suggested it.” Katya looked at Jack surprised, and he gave her a glare, and not really speaking warmly to her.

“I saw that it hurt Irina to see you walk away, so for my wife’s sake, I told her you could stay. But you better behave yourself. This is our day, and you will not ruin it.” Katya rolled her eyes at Jack.

“Honestly, you have a big ego. Get over yourself Jack. I never wanted you. The only reason why I went after you in the first place, was because Irina was always bragging about you. I just wanted to see what the big deal was. You wouldn’t give into me, so I kept coming after you. But you’re nothing special, and I personally think my sister could do a lot better. It’s beyond me why she fell for you.” Jack gave her his death glare, and she rolled her eyes at him again. “You have my word that I won’t go anywhere near you ever again, and that I’ll behave myself. I’m not here to ruin my sister’s day.” He gave her a nod, and Irina smiled at her.

“Why don’t you go and get yourself some refreshments, and say hi to everyone?” Katya nodded and walked off towards the other guests. Irina crashed her lips onto Jack’s kissing him passionately and deeply. She then took his face in her hands. “Thank you for letting her stay. That means so much to me. Whatever you want me to do for you, you just name it.” He looked at her hungrily.

“I’ll tell you tonight what I want you to do for me.” She looked back at him, equally hungrily and then kissed him passionately again.

Katya had spotted some of the other guests as she reached them. They all stared at her not believing she was there. No one wanted anything to do with her and she could easily tell. Kendall looked at the reaction from the others. Seeing as he had no personal issues with Katya and he would be the one responsible for her, he walked up to her. He smiled sincerely at her and put out his hand.

“Hi. I’m Jim Kendall. I’m the one, who’ll be your contact person.” She glared at him, looking him up and down. Then she scoffed and walked off without saying anything, leaving Kendall in his place, with his hand still reached out. He gaped a little at her reaction and watched her as she walked over to Sergei, who was standing talking to Devlin a little further away from everyone else. The others had watched the interaction between Kendall and Katya and couldn’t help but grin a little, even though no one wanted to give Katya the time of day at the moment. Kendall walked back to them. He looked annoyed and his tone was filled with sarcasm. “Oh, it’s just going to fun working with her.” The others let out a small laugh and Kendall just rolled his eyes shaking his head.

Everyone started to mingle and Jack and Irina joined the others. Devlin walked up to them. “When did you have time to invite Katya to the wedding?”

“I’m sorry?”

“Well, I tried calling your house last night to tell you that she’d agreed to the pardon, but the phone was disconnected. I just assumed that since she only agreed to the pardon yesterday that she hadn’t been invited to the wedding.” Jack shook his head.

“Sydney and Nadia wanted to keep with tradition, so we weren’t allowed to see each other, nor were we allowed to communicate. So they unplugged the phones.” Devlin nodded.

“Well, then it’s nice that she was able to make it to the wedding. It’s nice that you had your sister here on your wedding day.” Irina smiled at Devlin.

“Yes, it is. I’m very happy to have her here.” She gave Jack’s hand a squeeze as they talked to Devlin some more.

The day went well. They all had a nice time and later everyone had talked a little with Katya. Jack and Irina danced their first dance to ‘A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.’ Since they’d both dreamt for years for this day to come, they thought it was perfect. Later everyone else danced too. Jack danced with all the ladies at the wedding except for Katya and Robin, and Irina danced with all the men, even Vaughn, though not Stephen or Mitchell.

Sydney, Nadia, and Eric were now watching Jack dancing with Carrie, and Irina dancing with Marshall, as Vaughn walked up to them with a drink for Sydney. Eric turned to Nadia. “Would it be alright if I danced with your sister?” She smiled and laughed a little.

“Yes, of course. You don’t have to ask me about that.” Sydney put down her drink, but Eric walked right passed her.

“Hey, I thought you were going to ask me to dance?” He turned around and smiled.

“No, I was going to ask Maddie, Or Caitie. I’ll ask one of them first and then the other after. You might be adorable Syd, but you have two younger sisters, who are more adorable.” He laughed as did Nadia and Vaughn, and Sydney joined too shaking her head at him. Vaughn put down his drink, as Eric left.

“If you ladies will excuse me, I’m going to dance with the sister that Weiss won’t be dancing with, and then after I’ll dance with the other.” Sydney nodded and she and Nadia looked at each other laughing a little. A few seconds later Ethan and Mitchell walked up to them.

“Sydney, will you dance with me?” Sydney smiled at Mitchell.

“I’d love too.” They walked out on the dance floor hand in hand. Ethan held out his hand for Nadia.

“Nadia, will you dance with me?” She smiled at her brother.

“Of course I will.” They too walked out on the dance floor hand in hand. Soon everyone was looking at the triplets and Mitchell dancing with Sydney, Nadia, Vaughn, and Eric. Sydney whispered something in Mitchell’s ear, and seconds later they walked over to Stephen and Robin, and had them join them on the dance floor. Seconds later the rest of them joined them and they all danced around each other, with the parents of the people on the dance floor watching.

Hours later in the late evening the dance floor was empty. Irina was talking to Carrie and Rachel as Jack walked over to them. “Excuse me ladies, but do you mind if I steal my wife away?” Irina smiled lovingly at him.

“Of course not. Go ahead.” Jack took Irina by the hand and let her out on the dance floor wrapping their arms around each other. They started to dance with everyone watching them. Sergei walked over and sat next to Katya, giving her shoulder a squeeze. They looked at each other and smiled, before looking back at the dance floor.

Carrie walked over to Marshall, who was sitting with Mitchell, who was half asleep. She sat down next to him, kissing his cheek, then resting her head on his shoulder, and he rested his head against hers, as they watched Jack and Irina dance.

Will walked up to Rachel. They smiled at each other and then turned their heads to the dance floor.

Dixon came from the bar and sat down between his children. He wrapped an arm around each of them, and they leaned into his shoulder as they all watched Jack and Irina dance smiling.

Kendall and Devlin stood at the bar looking at the bride and groom smiling. They then looked briefly at each other raising their glasses toasting, before looked back at the dance floor.

Vaughn came back with Isabelle, who had woken up, and walked over to where Sydney, Nadia, Eric were sitting. He sat down next to Sydney, and gave her a kiss. She then kissed Isabelle. Nadia and Eric looked at each other and kissed too. The triplets walked up to them. Maddie sat on Sydney’s lap, Caitie sat on Nadia’s lap, and Ethan sat on Eric’s lap. They all looked around each other and smiled. They then returned to enjoy Jack and Irina dancing.

On the dance floor Jack and Irina only had eyes for each other, and were oblivious to everyone watching them. They held each other tight as they slowly swayed to the music. Irina gave Jack a soft kiss and then smiled contently.

“I can’t believe we’re finally together. I know that we’ve been together for a while now, but still renewing our vows, makes it more real.” He smiled back at her.

“It was for the best.” She smiled broader at him.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. We couldn’t very well have me in one part of the world being madly in love with you, while you were in another part of the world being madly in love with me.” They both let out a small laugh.

“You’re right. It was for the best that we got back together.” They laughed a little more and he smiled at her lovingly.

“Nothing will ever be able to keep us apart anymore. We belong together and can’t live without each other. There’s no denying that, and I look forward to waking up next to you for the rest of my life.” He kissed her.

“I do too. I love you Jack.” She gently stroke his cheek with his hand.

“I love you Irina.” They kissed again and kept kissing and dancing for a long time, just holding each other close, knowing that this time they’d be together forever.

The End.

I guess the ending means no honeymoon action. :lol: Great ending, I think this is a story that all couple shippers will love, you did a really good job of making every character stand out.

I got the best pm ever!! An invitation from Jack and Irina!! The ending was just perfect, loved every word. Thank you for giving us such a happy and beautiful ending. You said you're planning to write sequels later on which made me sooo happy but you also said a lot can happen in four years implying that they may not live happily ever after :cry: you wouldn't do that to us would you :thinking:

Have fun through your vacation :cool:

Thank you so much for the invitation, I gladly accept (y)

It was a beautiful wedding and I too cried when they said their vows 😌

I wish them all the best and look forward to catching up with them in the sequals.

Thank you Mette for such a good and well written story, I truly enjoyed reading it, and I look forward to reading more stories from you in the near future.

Have a great vacation, you've deserved it (y)

Back