It Was Only A Kiss

i would love it if you guys give some feedback. it's my first posted fic on here, so i wanna know if i should keep writing or scrap it. and if you like it and wanna know when it's updated, just ask for a pm.

imaginary54.jpg

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>It Was Only A Kiss</span>
by: SydneyAnneVaughn -- Eva (me)
Disclaimer: All characters are owned by JJ Abrams, so don't sue me.
POV: Sydney/Vaughn (later on)
Rating: PG-13
Background: Sydney & Vaughn have been dating for awhile and they go on an op to India (so far)

"Morning sunshine." my boyfriend, Michael Vaughn, said.

I opened my eyes and looked up at the face in front of me.I looked into those bright green eyes that I'd loved for years. I saw memories of those years and those eyes floating before me, but they stopped when he said my name.

"Sydney, we're gonna be late." he said, kissing my forehead.

He always said we'd be late like no one knew that we always took a morning 'detour' every day before we came in for the day's briefing. In fact, Dixon began starting briefs a little later because he was tired of filling us in on what we'd missed. I smiled when I thought about the chance we might be able to actually tell everyone at the rotunda that we were engaged, married, or having a baby. After a little more coaxing to get out of bed, I finally got up and dressed. I helped Vaughn with his tie (as usual) before kiving a quick peck on the lips. He smiled at me in that cute little Vaughn way before ushering me out of the house. We both got in the car and Vaughn drove us to the CIA rotunda.

"Well, I see our two favorite agents are on time for this morning's briefing." Dixon said, smiling.

"I'll go get Marshall and Jack." Weiss said, getting up and leaving the briefing room.

There was something of an awkward pause while Vaughn, Dixon, and I waited for Weiss, Marshall, and my father to return. They came in a few moments later and Vaughn & I took our respective seats as Dixon began to cover the day's mission briefing. Vaughn & I were to observe the trade of a Rambaldi artifact between a rogue diplomat named Jordan Misukano and the Faction, a new terrorist group associated with the Order of Rambaldi. It was basically a mission to see how the Faction operates with prospective longtime clients. The trade would happen in 2 days, but Dixon had us scheduled to leave 4 hours after briefing was over, in case the Faction's timetable moved up. As always, Marshall went over our Op-Tech, which was amazingly simple for an observation mission: agent to agency coms and a necklace that produced a live video feed. Our aliases were Adrienne and Joshua Fitz - wealthy antique dealers. The trade would happen in a busy antiques market in India. Vaughn & I went home, packed fairly light, and made our way to the airport. We got on our plane to New Dehli with no problems. and Vaughn & I spent the 25-hour flight in each others' arms, napping and talking about our future. We were like two teenagers in love, talking about fairytale wedding plans and shildhood dreams of our futures. After getting off the plane, we were greeted by the beauty of India. Luckily, I packed my sari and couldn't wait to go sightseeing with Vaughn. I called my father to tell him that we'd made it and we were going to pre-scout the marketplace. He warned me to be careful and warned Vaughn to keep me safe. After a few mission specs were discussed, we said our goodbyes and hung up.

"What was that all about?" Vaughn asked.

"That was my dad reminding me of everything Dixon already told us. And he said to keep me safe." I replied.

He kissed my cheek.

"You know I would never let anything happen to you." he said with a smile.

"Yeah. I know." I said with an equally bright smile, while adjusting my dark wig.

I suddenly got an idea and a catlike grin spread across my face. I noticed Vaughn was sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at me inquisitively.

"What?" he asked.

"Oh...nothing..." I said, slowly moving to straddle him.

He put his arms low around my wrist and I saw that hungry, passionate look in his eyes. We loved free time in alias because it was almost like ebing with someone else. Vaughn reached up to run a hand through my wig hair and pulled in for a deep kiss. Tongues wrestled and darted about before Vaughn broke to kiss my neck.

"You know, it has been awhile since we..." I trailed off.

"Way ahead of you." Vaughn said matter-of-factly.

A long while later, Vaughn & I were getting dressed and I was adjusting my wig again. I finished pulling my sari together and kissed him on the cheek.

"Come on, we've gotta go scout." I said, heading toward the door.

He did the last few buttons on his shirt and followed me out. We walked through the marketplace arm in arm, making mental notes of possible exit strategies and giving Marshall physical descriptions of the area as a companion to the live video feed. We walked past stands full of antiques - some priceless and some fake, women in beautiful saris (much like the one I was wearing), and no diplomats or Faction members. After 45 minutes of walking around and observing everything in the marketplace that could be seen, we ended our pre-scouting mission and went back to the safehouse. We 'detoured' twice before deciding to go to a restaurant a few miles away. I was still dressed ion my blue sari and Vaughn had on black pants and a white dress shirt. After all, we were trying our hardest to not look like tourists. We had a great dinner, just talking about the beauty of Indiaand how glad we were to be there. Then we decided to see the Ganges River (since we had nothing else to do for the rest of the evening).

"It's beautiful." I said, looking out into the water.

"It is, but I think you're even more beautiful." Vaughn said, wrapping his arms around me.

I smiled as he kissed my neck. I frowned when he withdrew his arms, but I had a feeling I would be smiling again very soon. I turned to see what made him pull away and he got down on one knee. I was astonished.

"Sydney, I've loved you from the very moment I saw you. And after all this time, I've realized that there's absolutely no one else in the world I wanna be with but you. Will you spend the rest of your life with me as my wife?" he said.

I began to cry. "Ohmygod. Yes!" I squeaked through my joyful tears.

He pulled out a box with a gorgeous diamond ring and slipped it on my finger. I hugged and kissed him like there was no tomorrow.

"I love you so much." I said, kissing him.

The next day, we had to go back and scout the marketplace again for the diplomat or anyone suspicious. After another 45-minute long scouting while describing any changes to Marshall, Vaughn & I retired to the safehouse for the first 'detour' of our engagement. As I lay there wrapped up in his arms, I realized how perfect this moment felt.

TBC...

*hint hint*
Syd & Vaughn are getting engaged tonight!!! I can't wait!!!

:cry: I think no one likes my story...oh well. :giveup: I'm still gonna keep posting because eventually it'll hit the first page & someone might read it.

Part 2

I loved him so much that I was almost crying over the day's events. This was the man I knew I was going to marry from the moment I saw him. My first isit to the CIA wasn't for any good or happy reasons and he knew that. But SD-6 had been taken down already and we had already done the "massive ass-kicking," as Weiss put it. :P

"What are you thinking about baby?" Vaughn asked, taking note of the far away look in my eyes.

"Stuff." I replied.

"Like...?" he trailed off, waiting for me to reveal what was running through my mind.

"Like the first time we met, how cute you are when you smile, and how much you worry about me. Sometimes I think that forehead wrinkle just makes me love you more." I replied, kissing his bare chest.

"I worry about you on ops a lot, especially when I can't go with you. It kills me when I can't be there to comfort you, congratulate you, and just be with you." he admitted.

"Why do you think I complete my ops quickly and come home early?" I said, smiling.

"I'm not sure, but I know I'm the luckiest man in the world to have you." he said, matching my smile before leaning in to kiss me.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and pulled him on top of me. Our kiss broke and I looked into Vaughn's beautiful green eyes. Sometimes I just wish I could get lost in those eyes forever; just there with him, seeing into his soul.

"One more before we go to sleep..." I said as he began kissing down my neck to my chest.

After rattling the walls some, we both decided to rest up for the next day's observation op. :naughty:

The next morning, we woke up bright and early for the op. The trade was rumoured to take place around 1:00pm near the back of the marketplace. We learned that the diplomat was from North Korea and had been searching far & wide to bring forth Rambaldi's endgame.

"Joy. Another psycho." I said, rolling my eyes. :rolleyes:

It's a GREAT start!

Don't get discouraged. You're new here, it's going to take some time before people start to recognize your fics. It took me a long time to finally establish a stable fic.

Just have faith.

Keep writing!

~Kristina

I love this story! Don't stop writing and write more to this one! :D :D :D
You are a great writer and I can't wait to read more of your stories :smiley:

YEA i agree with them just keep goin with it and peep will notive it but i think its REALLY good if that helps ne and wen u update can i get a pm plz???

Thats such a great start!
I read the first chapte and was like. :jawdrop:

"It's beautiful." I said, looking out into the water.

"It is, but I think you're even more beautiful." Vaughn said, wrapping his arms around me.

I smiled as he kissed my neck. I frowned when he withdrew his arms, but I had a feeling I would be smiling again very soon. I turned to see what made him pull away and he got down on one knee. I was astonished.

"Sydney, I've loved you from the very moment I saw you. And after all this time, I've realized that there's absolutely no one else in the world I wanna be with but you. Will you spend the rest of your life with me as my wife?" he said.

I began to cry. "Ohmygod. Yes!" I squeaked through my joyful tears.

He pulled out a box with a gorgeous diamond ring and slipped it on my finger. I hugged and kissed him like there was no tomorrow.

"I love you so much." I said, kissing him.

That was soo cute! :love:

I loved it all.
Don't stop writing!
It's really good.
Can I get a pm when you update? :D

SydneyAnneVaughn said:
:cry: I think no one likes my story...oh well. :giveup: I'm still gonna keep posting because eventually it'll hit the first page & someone might read it.

:cry: AWW NO!!!! :hug:
IT WAS GREAT! I was sitting here with a huge grin on my face the whole time while reading it! You write Syd and Vaughn perfectly! That's a talent not very many writers have!

Just like Kristina said, once you're known here for your good fics, people will come reading! Trust me, they'll come sooner or later, and if they dont? I'll.. uhh.. ummm.. Get back to me on that one. :P Keep posting!!!!!! Was planning on reading this the day you posted it, but I had to go :cry:

OMG that was great! He proposed?!?!? :love: Awwwwwww.. the cuteness! I love it!!!

*whines* When's the next updateeeeeeeee??? :angelic: I'M ADDICTED! hehe

PLEASE PM me when you update!!!!!!!

Oh! Two questions. One: This says "Untitled Syd/Vaughn Fic #2". WHAT'S NUMBER ONE??! Two: Where else have you posted???

Loved it! :hug: don't worry, people will read it!

*starts forming evil plans for those who don't*

:devil:

xo laur :Prop:

LaurenRachael said:
Oh! Two questions. One: This says "Untitled Syd/Vaughn Fic #2". WHAT'S NUMBER ONE??! Two: Where else have you posted???
[post="1348317"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

One: I haven't finished part 1 quite yet (i'm in fact working on 3 Alias fics right now because i start another when i get stuck with one)

Two: I used to post my old stuff on fanfiction.net under the penname Snowflake, but i think all my fics are long since gone and they weren't that great. i've just recently gotten inspiration to write again.

the next update is coming as soon as i can unblock my writer's block and maybe get some helpful ideas. i'm trying for a couple of days, but it could be longer. and if you guys really like this one, i'm working on another fic that's an AU/S3, but it's not really S/V-centered. it's a slash between one of my created characters and Sark. it's still very much in progress, but i got bored during class today and decided to start a new fic.

update! YAY for my quick writing. sorry it's so short, but i'm kinda losing momentum with this one. i'm a little stuck. please leave some ideas if you have good ones! i'll even dedicate a chappie to you!

----------------------------------------------
Chappie #3 - dedicated to Kristina, Jackie, dellar, Ali, syd26, Laur, Jen, ILOVEALIAS27, and Kim for reviewing & joining the pm list!

"It'll be alright." Vaughn said, reassuring me.

I always wondered how he could do that so easily. Someone could tell me that I was about to die and if Vaughn told me that everything was going to be alright then, by God, I believed him. He was just the one constant thing in my life. He was my rock, my one piece of solid ground in a crumbling world. He brought me back to earth by reminding me that we would miss the trade if we didn't leave.

We got to the marketplace about a half hour before the trade was said to take place. The Korean diplomat was nowhere in sight, but Vaughn and I kept a close eye on the back area of the market. About 20 minutes later, Mr. Misukano arrived, looking for his Faction contact. A very young, blonde man showed up a few moments later.

"Syd, you've gotta get closer. I can't see anything." Marshall said over my com.

I moved a few stnads over, looking for an excuse to fix my eyes on the two men at the back of the marketplace. I tried to fiddle with my necklace so it would face the trade area, but I found that nothing seemed to work very well.

"Base ops, I'm going to try to get closer." I said into my com.

"Copy Mountaineer; be careful. Boyscout, keep an eye out in case you're needed as backup." Dixon said.

"Copy that." Vaughn replied.

I was about 5 feet from the trade when the Rambaldi cube was passed from Misukano to the unknown man, obviously a member of the Faction. As soon as the cube was handed over, the Faction member pulled out a gun and shot Misukano twice in the chest. He turned toward me for a moment and a sickening feeling of deja vu floated over me.

"Oh God, it's Sark." I said.

and now, it's off to send the pm's!

hey thats a twist hmmmm great chapter and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh i dont kno ne ideas sry i try to think but im not really a writer sry lol
great hmm wat word wording i guess?? with how vaughn can always calm her down and reassure her everything will be all rite well im off to think if i can help u with ne ideas! thnx for the pm!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!!!!

Sark?!?!

NO! Syd doesn't need any troubles! She needs VAUGHN! (y)

Loved the chapter! Thanks for updating! I understand you're busy and I'm glad that you got rid of your writers block!

Thanks for the PM!

I have no ideas, sorry! I'm the least creative person in the world!!! lol

xo laur :Prop:

I just found this. Good start I hope you keep getting good ideas for this story. As for Sark, trample him under a mad elephant or something equally fatal. Please.
Please add me to your PM list. Thanks.

Back