Italian Course

Brave!
Sapere i verbi in italiano non è facile, perchè molti verbi sono irregolari, e i tempi dei verbi sono tanti e diversi.
Continuate così!

Ale

no no no now hold on not so fast!!! :D i'm not following! :lol:

"perchè molti verbi sono irregolari", you say, now, is that "many of the verbs are irregular"?. if yes, i can be happy cause i actually understand something. if not, i'll just go back to my italian books and keep on studying. :smiley:

i just came home from italian class! i remember a couple of words:
il bagno - the bathroom/the tub
il cesso - the toilet.
il tavolo - the table

wait wait wait i should be able to think of some more...oh yeah!
la forcella - the fork (la/il? :blink: )

that's it for today folks!

Yes, it means many verbs are irregular, like ,,fare" or ,,venire"

venire - to come
vengo
vieni
viene
veniamo
venite
vengono

Ale89 said:
Oh no!
Cesso is a very bad word!
The toilet- il bagno, il gabinetto
[post="1053459"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:laughbounce:

guess my italian teacher teaches us the wrong words then... :P or the bad ones! :D

probably

ok, here are some words:

a town - una città
what does ...mean? - che cosa significa...?
teacher - un'insegnante

teacher - un'insegnante

Generally we use "insegnante", but the teacher of primary school is "maestra" and the teacher of secondary school, high school and university is "professore" (we call he/she "prof").

l'assassino - a murderer
lo specchio - a mirror
una bilancia - a balance

You probably wonder how I got to these words. we talked about a stroy in italian lesson today, in which someones is murdered. The body is in the bath room ( il bagno) and we had to guess, what happenend.

wohoo here comes emma and blows life into the italian course forum again: TATADDATAATAAAAA!!!!!

anyone still interested in this forum? if yes, let's keep teaching/learning! :grad:

i just bought a new italian book. i can't wait to start practicing... :P i went to helsinki to buy it and when i got to the shelves with the italian books i got all excited and started happily yelling about verbs and vocabulary to my friend who got so embarrassed she ran and hid... :lol:

Heres my translation of the above sentence with like, 3 years Italian in school with a lapse of 2 years. This aint gonna be pretty.

Hello to everyone!!
Everyone good?
Here in Italy the weather is Splendid!<--- Thats so wrong. Italians?? What does that last sentence mean?? I kinda took some French or something into that haha.

I thought Tempo meant time and Qui meant who. Wow, i really cant remember anything!!

*hangs head in shame*

The last sentence means:

Here in Italy the weather is great/wonderful.

Don't worry you are not that bad...you did very good!

Back