Italian Course

the_alliance said:
i actually wanted to take italian courses in college, but it seems that i'm gonna have my work cut out for me already. cuz i took latin in high school, so i thought i'd take italian, the closest modern day language to latin.

is it just me or do you guys get pissed off too when people say ciao for goodbye. to my understanding ciao means hello and arrivaderci (sp?) means goodbye.
[post="1430538"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Doesn't piss me off at all- arrivederci is like saying "Goodbye" to someone- even though it's the informal version of 'goodbye' (the formal version of 'goodbye' is arrivederLa). You don't always say goodbye to friends, you say bye.

So to friends- bye (ciao)
To people you know- goodbye (arrivederci)
To people you don't know, formalish (arrivederLa)

I lived in Italy, and they all said 'ciao' for saying bye, far far far more often than I ever heard arrivederci! An especially Italian way of saying bye on the phone is to repeat 'ciao' many times. "Ciao ciao, ciao ... ciao"

You have to hear it to really get it.

Erm so short answer is no- doesn't bother me because everyone I knew said it, I followed their lead, in speaking.

c è nessunooooooo??

che tristezza che ieri è finita la quarta serie, anche se sapevo dell'incidente finale ho cmq fatto un salto sul divano!! :eek:

Stefuz said:
Eccomi! Anch'io ho fatto un bel salto! Povero Mic... :blush:
[post="1476233"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No dimmi cosa succede! Ho appena finito vedere stagione 3, e non posso vedere stagione 4 finche arriva su DVD [crying]

Hi Guys, to be honest my italian sucks, I Only know some phrases and some words.

Ciao, Io mi chiamo Laura, Io sono una Ragazza americana.
io sono molto felice di sia qui, perché le persone sono molto belle, la mia nonna è italiana ma lei non parla mai italiano.

Do you understand that ? Ok, probably not.
Thanks anyway...

i understood it!!! benissimoooo... :D way to go girl just keep trying and it'll come little by little. that's at least how it works for me. :smiley:
i got back from italy a month ago and omg i just wanna go back. i'm completely in love with everything and everyone there. i'm gonna move there as soon as possible. i'm serious.
allora...come state? io abbastanza bene ma sono stanca perché ho troppo lavoro con la scuola...ma non fa niente. it keeps my mind busy so i can't miss italy to death and get all depressed and stuff...
ciaooo

That's all man?! That's the best we can do?! The conversation fell in september 24 2005?! Let's keep on learning!!!
Mi chimo antonio, sono nuovo, coraggio a che punto siete con le lezioni?

aargh.. at my old school i learnt italian from pre school! but now i havn't done it in like 3 years and i've forgotten everything! .. but i can count..

uno
due
tre
quatro
cinque
sei
sette
otto
nove
dieci

hehe.. dunno about spelling but its a start :smiley:

aargh.. at my old school i learnt italian from pre school! but now i havn't done it in like 3 years and i've forgotten everything! .. but i can count..

uno
due
tre
quatro
cinque
sei
sette
otto
nove
dieci

hehe.. dunno about spelling but its a start :smiley:
Yeah, the spelling is correct, very good! Now you gotta go on with
undici
dodici
tredici
quattordici
quindici
sedici
diciassette
diciotto
diciannove
venti
From here on you just have to add uno due tre quattro to the prefix Venti with the proper Dieresis: Ventuno ventidue ...
the same with trenta (30) and so on...

^ yup i know.. i cant go to 100 .. i just kinda couldn't be bothered writing it all up!

argh its annoying.. 7 years of learning italian .. 3 years out of practice i barely remeber any of it!

brava brava, c'è ancora vita in questo forum!!
hmm ok what to say today....ok some basic irregular verbs:

essere - to be
io sono
tu sei
lui/lei è
noi siamo
voi siete
loro sono

avere - to have
io ho
tu hai
lui/lei ha
noi abbiamo
voi avete
loro hanno

andare - to go
io vado
tu vai
lui/lei va
noi andiamo
voi andate
loro vanno

more to come, but later... :D

Hey! Someone will speak Italian very soon here! In compensation I speak (and write) a precariuos English yet! Argh!
Anyway, go on with the study and be strong: Italian for somebody is not an easy language but you can make it! Be hopeful guys!

Ps. Stefuz! Tutti credevo di trovare qui ma te proprio non t'immaginavo!
Pps. Ah... sono Syd... la pazza insomma... :P

I will try to write something. I hope it make sense. :D

Mi chiamo Vicky. Sono di Sainte-Justine, ma abito Sherbrooke. Ho ventiquattro anni. Mi piace scrivere e leggere. Imparo l'italiono con un cd-rom da tre mese. Adesso, capisco un po l'italiano. Ho studiato la storia a l'universita. Vorrei viaggiare e vedere la Francia.

It's short and there's probably a lot of mistake, but it's a beginning.

Back