4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

It's going to be okay. - The Oatmeal
I will spare you all the stories behind my present ownership of 4 mutts. :LOL: Only one of them was a planned adoption.
Do you have your own story of events that led to a life change for you? X led to Y which led to Z.
Sometimes they're not great stories, I'm in Pittsburgh after all. :ROFLMAO:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

I will spare you all the stories behind my present ownership of 4 mutts. :LOL: Only one of them was a planned adoption.
Do you have your own story of events that led to a life change for you? X led to Y which led to Z.
Cool story, I didn't know Gene was in a situation like that, I knew he was a cop and a ww-2 pilot. This is an eye opener. I don't know of any xyz personally, but on Fox news I hear of great stories of great heroes, The American Hero channel has em too. No my pop was in Viet Namm, so you know he saw some felgercarb. Both grand pappies saw ww-2, and a great grand pappy saw ww-1 and german mustard gas, which he died from, so when I hear freedom isn't free, I just laugh and say its well payed for from our family...;););)

Too many to list, really.
Thanx for the story.
I direct you to Appleseeds

There are a few passages there that have similar impact.

http://www.appleseeds.org/spec-idx.htm#choices

Right Now…
Somebody is very proud of you.
Somebody is thinking of you.
Somebody is caring about you.
Somebody misses you.
Somebody wants to talk to you.
Somebody wants to be with you.
Somebody hopes you aren't in trouble.
Somebody is thankful for the support you have provided.
Somebody wants to hold your hand.
Somebody hopes everything turns out all right.
Somebody wants you to be happy.
Somebody wants you to find him/her.
Somebody is celebrating your successes.
Somebody wants to give you a gift.
Somebody thinks that you ARE a gift.
Somebody hopes you're not too cold, or too hot.
Somebody wants to hug you.
Somebody loves you.
Somebody admires your strength.
Somebody is thinking of you and smiling.
Somebody wants to be your shoulder to cry on.
Somebody wants to go out with you and have a lot of fun.
Somebody thinks the world of you.
Somebody wants to protect you.
Somebody would do anything for you.
Somebody wants to be forgiven.
Somebody is grateful for your forgiveness.
Somebody wants to laugh with you.
Somebody remembers you and wishes that you were there.
Somebody is praising God for you.
Somebody needs to know that your love is unconditional.
Somebody values your advice.
Somebody wants to tell you how much they care.
Somebody wants to share their dreams with you.
Somebody wants to hold you in their arms.
Somebody wants you to hold them in your arms.
Somebody treasures your spirit.
Somebody wishes they could stop time because of you.
Somebody praises God for your friendship and love.
Somebody can't wait to see you.
Somebody loves you for who you are.
Somebody loves the way you make them feel.
Somebody wants to be with you.
Somebody wants you to know they are there for you.
Somebody is glad that you're his/her friend.
Somebody wants to be your friend.
Somebody stayed up all night thinking about you.
Somebody is alive because of you.
Somebody is wishing that you noticed him/her.
Somebody wants to get to know you better.
Somebody wants to be near you.
Somebody misses your advice/guidance.
Somebody has faith in you.
Somebody trusts you.
Somebody needs you to send them this letter.
Somebody needs your support.
Somebody needs you to have faith in them.
Somebody will cry when they read this.
Somebody needs you to let them be your friend.
Somebody hears a song that reminds them of you.
Source: Right Now

21 Keys to a Happy Life

A Child's Advice to His Parents

Strength and Courage

10 Steps for Handling Life's Hurts

Friendship vs. Love

That's beautiful Tom!
Oh, I saw Fear of Change in "10 Common Traits.."
That's a big one for me, I despise any glitch in my routine. Always have. Such a wimp.
(I've often said that boredom is a luxury, it means your life is free of drama & worry)
If my sister had not mailed me a book years ago, I'd likely have developed diabetes. The doctors sure weren't giving me the advice I needed.

Many people say that they will never change but everything always changes.
Even people that "think" they will never change are in a constant state of change but locked in a delusional mindset.
One event causes other events, the essence of the butterfly effect which is rooted in chaos.
Chaos is the randomness of natural events, the unpredictability.

Imagine tho, just for a second, that you completely understand the nature of everything in the Universe.
To that understanding, there would be no such thing as chaos.
You would be able to fathom the butterfly effect on anything you consider and anything that you don't consider (difficult concept to fathom).
You would know which action and inaction leads to which outcomes and fathom all the changes that occur to everything touched by those outcome event streams.
If I do this one thing...all these things will come to pass, not come to pass.
If I do not do this one thing...all these things will not happen, happen.

Inaction creates a stream of changes just as valid as action.
Standing still in the middle of a room initiates changes in all things you might have interacted with during that time. Those interactions all lead to even more interactions which also have outcomes from inaction.
In a fractal multi-verse, all possible paths occur at every moment of change.
To be able to fathom every change would make you godlike.
To control every possibility and prevent any change is impossible.

How could someone stop change?
Considering that we move thru time moment by moment, alive, your body is constantly burning calories.
You would first need to be able to stop your cells from burning calories. To do that, you would need to be able to control cellular activity in all the cells that make up your body, at the same time.
The problem with this is that to have a thought, a synapse must fire in your brain.
Synapse do not just fire, they are a result of chemical-electrical chains of events.
Those events constitute change. Even the process of decay is a series of changes.
The only way to prevent change is to freeze your body solid.
Even then, you might not change but reality will change because your body in its current state is causing butterfly effect on everything around it.

So, if you are constantly changing at any level of reality, whether you believe it or not, you are always changing. The entire Universe, in which you exist, is constantly changing as well. From microscopic to scopic to macroscopic. Just because we can't fathom the change, doesn't mean it isn't occurring.

When you embrace the concept of change, it enables you the ability to become more than what you were.
It gives you freedom to be something you were not yesterday, today, in hope of a better tomorrow. When you control your own destiny in life, it gives you a sense of worth that builds healthy self-esteem.

When people talk about relationships and the changes that happen from those, we tend to think of it as a violation to our sense of self.
Every relationship causes change in all parties involved and even in people not directly involved. Not just romantic relationships, all relationships. Even sitting and talking with a friend at lunch is causing changes.
Its a delusion to think that we do not change. Delusions are mindsets of belief that may or may not be based in reality at some point. They are a normal function of how we think. Full reality is harsh and unforgiving so we create these delusions to help us cope with reality. For some, it works great, for others, not so great.

If you can embrace change and make the changes that enhance your delusion of reality to make your life more bearable, why not?

Tom.
Change can be horrible.
If that
censor.gif
supervisor returns to my shift, everything changes for the worse. It may not seem like a life-altering change, but the ripple effects of this nightmarish change damages more than my routine. :mad:

Tom.
Change can be horrible.
If that
censor.gif
supervisor returns to my shift, everything changes for the worse. It may not seem like a life-altering change, but the ripple effects of this nightmarish change damages more than my routine. :mad:
Icky, who controls your life changes, if not you?
The wonderful thing about accepting change is that it gives you the freedom to cause changes for the better.
Everything has two apparent outcomes. Each leading to two more possible outcomes and so on as you move thru time. Each outcome has a fractal of possibilities that can be chosen. Each choice initiates a change, even the failure to make a change.

Makes me think of a joke I read years ago...

There are only two things to worry about:
Either you are well, or you are sick.
If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about.
But if your sick, there are two things to worry about.
Either you will get well, or you will die.
If you get well, there is nothing to worry about.
But if you die, there are only two things to worry about.
Either you will go to heaven or hell.
If you go to heaven, there is nothing to worry about.
But if you go to hell,
you'll be so damn busy shaking hands with friends,
you won't have time to worry.

If you are unhappy in any given situation you either change it or you continue being unhappy.
If you don't like your job or the people you work with, find a different job that does make you happy and has people working with you that you like.
If you don't like someone, you either kill them or find a way to tolerate them.
If you kill them, you are faced with other, more unpleasant options so, you find a way to tolerate them.

GOD,
Grant Me The Serenity To
ACCEPT
The Things I Cannot Change
COURAGE
To Change The Things I Can
and the
WISDOM
To Know The Difference

While you can change nearly anything in your life, there are things that you should not change because the changes can cause something detrimental to your sense of peace and contentment.

If you do not exist in a state of peace and contentment, it is ultimately of your own creation. Who better than you can decide what gives you peace and contentment. After-all, its YOUR life. Sometimes, the change must occur within...Take your power back.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-18_14-39-41.jpeg
    upload_2017-11-18_14-39-41.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

And remember Icky, where ever you go, there you are....;)
giphy.gif

You have posted the exact reasoning I use when explaining my wish for a tiny house. (not the closet-sized tiny) You can't be on 3 floors at once, why do I need them? I can only be wherever I am. :vulcan: Logical
House? If you have em' find a nice ranch style on some land, cant go wrong with that, tiny house may be in vogue now, but it truly wont suit your needs as you get older. Never follow fads with homes and vehicles.....

Lol. It is because im getting older that I want less. Less to heat, less to clean, less stuff all around. And the added bonus that there's no room for visiting guests/relatives.
:smug:
Ahhhh, Got cha', In Texas the ranch style rules...
hr3190829-19.jpg
Nice Texas ranch style home, don't know if ya'll have em' up north in frosty land, but we have em' down here...LOL@Relitives....

Back