It's so sparkly and shiny!

JRenee

Writer, Inventor, Quantum Activist
Hello, Cool Sci-Fi community!

I've never joined a sci-fi forum before but this one looked well made and 'spacious'. :woot:
I grew up in California (near Sacramento) but I currently love living in the state of Washington, the Pacific Northwest has a vibe that just can't be found any other place, maybe it's the wildlife, the giant sequoias, the sounds and smells of the rain or maybe the chance to see bigfoot...:P(though I have to say the Gulf of Mexico is/was gorgeous... thankfully I got to swim in the gulf before the big oil spill...:cry:)
I have been working on a sci-fi mystery/action series for over 2 years. I have always loved writing but was not always encouraged to do it. I won't make the mistake of ever listening to anyone else tell me what they think I should do again because now I am doing what I love everyday!
I have two Pembroke Welsh Corgis. I named one Mochi (It's a Japanese squishy and sweet rice pastry/candy) and my hubs named the other one, Baka,which means 'idiot' in Japanese. ;) They bring a smile to my face every day, they really are the coolest dogs I've ever owned. :love: Very smart and so playful and funny. I read that Corgis are very social dogs so it's best to get them in pairs so they can keep each other company, especially if you work most of the day. (WARNING: they require a moderate amount of brushing/grooming (y) )
On top of writing, I love to cook! The hubs usually requests something with pasta but my favorite stuff to cook is spicy Thai or spicy Mexican. I make a lot of things by hand like bread, pasta, tortillas, puff pastry, filo...
Other hobbies include piano, painting, drawing, singing, dance and listening to many kinds of music.
Here's a couple paintings I did of my dogs, Baka is the tri-color and Mochi is the fawn and white. lol
Thanks for taking the time to see what I'm about! Happy posting! (?) :smiley:
Of course, feel free to ask any questions... even if it's about cooking... especially if it's about cooking :X3:

Attachments

• pupsandpaintins.jpg
    pupsandpaintins.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 76
Hello, Cool Sci-Fi community!
Greetings! Nice to see somebody else around who is can do long posts. :D
I've never joined a sci-fi forum before but this one looked well made and 'spacious'. :woot:
I like to think of it as 'small but quaint'. :D
I grew up in California (near Sacramento) but I currently love living in the state of Washington, the Pacific Northwest has a vibe that just can't be found any other place, maybe it's the wildlife, the giant sequoias, the sounds and smells of the rain or maybe the chance to see bigfoot...:P(though I have to say the Gulf of Mexico is/was gorgeous... thankfully I got to swim in the gulf before the big oil spill...:cry:)
That is one of the parts of the US I have not been to yet. It hasn't been by choice, just nothing in life that has steered me in the direction yet. Have you.... seen Bigfoot?
I have been working on a sci-fi mystery/action series for over 2 years. I have always loved writing but was not always encouraged to do it. I won't make the mistake of ever listening to anyone else tell me what they think I should do again because now I am doing what I love everyday!
Any works published yet? If so, feel free to post the links. We appreciate all of our visiting authors and have no problem with them postings links to their publisher's page and/or Amazon listing.

I have two Pembroke Welsh Corgis. I named one Mochi (It's a Japanese squishy and sweet rice pastry/candy) and my hubs named the other one, Baka,which means 'idiot' in Japanese. ;) They bring a smile to my face every day, they really are the coolest dogs I've ever owned. :love: Very smart and so playful and funny. I read that Corgis are very social dogs so it's best to get them in pairs so they can keep each other company, especially if you work most of the day. (WARNING: they require a moderate amount of brushing/grooming (y) )
{looking at the attached pic} Cute dogs! After watching Cowboy Bebop though I'm worried that if my wife & I ever had a Corgi that it would be smarter than me. :thinking:

On the name Mochi, I knew of the dessert but not necessarily what it looked like. This week I came across a Mochi prepared so that it looks like a giant drop of water! :cool: It is now on my list of culinary things to try one day. There are no places near me that would come even close to it but when I travel again I will have to try & seek it out.

On top of writing, I love to cook! The hubs usually requests something with pasta but my favorite stuff to cook is spicy Thai or spicy Mexican. I make a lot of things by hand like bread, pasta, tortillas, puff pastry, filo...
Other hobbies include piano, painting, drawing, singing, dance and listening to many kinds of music.
Wait, you make homemade breads and his preference is pasta? Does he not appreciate the goodness of a fresh baked loaf of bread that is still warm and either sliced thin dipped in some olive oil or sliced thick & topped with some real butter?
Here's a couple paintings I did of my dogs, Baka is the tri-color and Mochi is the fawn and white. lol
Nice! Unless stick figures count, I can't draw.

Thanks for taking the time to see what I'm about! Happy posting! (?) :smiley:
Of course, feel free to ask any questions... even if it's about cooking... especially if it's about cooking :X3:
The important question about cooking is do you like bacon?

Have you.... seen Bigfoot?
Any works published yet? If so, feel free to post the links. We appreciate all of our visiting authors and have no problem with them postings links to their publisher's page and/or Amazon listing.
Haha, I have not seen Bigfoot yet but I do sure try to look whenever I'm in heavily wooded areas.
I'm self published for now without an editor. I've released 2 parts of my 6 part prologue, unedited, for free. I plan to release all 6 parts for free after I fix some things up... I also have the first chapter of the actual story available as well along with some art work. (I had the idea that since I wrote it in first person, drawing pictures here and there would make things a little more descriptive... also I just love to draw :geek:)
http://www.dreamsofamessiah.com/blog/
{looking at the attached pic} Cute dogs! After watching Cowboy Bebop though I'm worried that if my wife & I ever had a Corgi that it would be smarter than me. :thinking:
You'd get used it after a while. :LOL:

On the name Mochi, I knew of the dessert but not necessarily what it looked like. This week I came across a Mochi prepared so that it looks like a giant drop of water! :cool: It is now on my list of culinary things to try one day. There are no places near me that would come even close to it but when I travel again I will have to try & seek it out.
That's interesting! I've never seen a clear ball of mochi. :smiley: I usually get mochi from Trader Joes (they're in the freezer section and come in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and green tea)

Wait, you make homemade breads and his preference is pasta? Does he not appreciate the goodness of a fresh baked loaf of bread that is still warm and either sliced thin dipped in some olive oil or sliced thick & topped with some real butter?
Haha, of course! I don't bake loaves very often anymore because I hate having to slice it all (lol) I usually section out the dough and make rolls. We only use real butter here! Tillamook is our brand.

The important question about cooking is do you like bacon?
We refer to bacon as "The candy of meats" and enjoy it one week of every month. We love it enough to enjoy it every week of the month but you know... :angelic:

Last edited:
Back