Season 2 Jack and SD-6

i dunno. He still seems to think that Sloane actually trusts him, but he obviously doensn't...

So maybe he actually just doesn't know that Sloane turned on him too. Maybe...

He's laid the groundwork for his return. By going to Sloane and presenting himself as an innocent man who believes that he's being framed by Kane, who can't find the actual culprit, he's ready to return when and if he can get the goods on the real abductor. All Kane really has is a smeared SIM card, a dead CIA agent (and Jack's silence about that can easily be explained by the fact that he works with people who mostly believe that they work for the CIA), and a strong gut feeling (which is right--he's got secrets--but off-target--not about Emily). Jack knows that Sloane would easily kill him (he's well-aware of how easily he let go of Marshall, after all)--especially if he thought Jack had betrayed him, but he also knows that Sloane tends to believe in a demonstration of loyalty--particularly personal loyalty. Look at how far Jack's impressing upon Sloane that his mission against The Man was out of a personal loyalty rather than a loyalty to the Alliance (mentioning that the Alliance would have killed him for going rogue) got him. If Jack can demonstrate his personal loyalty to Sloane by bringing in Emily's real abductors and solving the mystery, Sloane will no doubt make all his problems go away despite any lingering suspicions Kane has--after all, what really is left to her but suspicions?

It's times like this that I don't know how Jack keeps from going stark raving mad. How many times now has this double life of his nearly gotten him killed? And what for? I wonder if he wouldn't gladly go into the witness protection program and just disappear if not for Sydney. After a while, it seems to get to the point where it's just not worth it. I think it's his insane situation, and not just what Irina did to him, that leaves him unable to have a personal life. Most of Sydney's friends have ended up in some kind of trouble or other because of this SD-6 mess. Suppose Jack had remarried -- his wife would just be someone else he would have to worry about, not someone he could simply enjoy. And we wonder why he isn't Mr. Congeniality!

No kidding! I think part of the reason he became so withdrawn, even from Sydney, was to prevent others from being hurt by his undercover life as Sydney was hurt by Irina's. Perhaps he felt that if Sydney weren't close to him, she wouldn't be as devastated by his death as she was by her mother's? Yet it would have been worth the risk . . .

Jack is a tortured character, that much we know. We are slowly beginning to understand him, too. As for his job at SD-6, he isn't dumb enough to think everything is okay. He should wait to see what Sloane does (obviously he knows Sloane can't be trusted) and then be careful. Going back to SD-6 would make him a sitting duck.

If he does walk into SD-6, he will just have to run out again. I think that much is clear from just the previews.

Looking at the preview it looks like Jack is gonna hafta run. I doubt Kane will let him go just like that, and Sloane really doesnt care about the people he works with, only about maintaining high security, so Jack is screwed if he goes back, which I doubt he's stupid enough to do.

SiriCerasi said:
Looking at the preview it looks like Jack is gonna hafta run. I doubt Kane will let him go just like that, and Sloane really doesnt care about the people he works with, only about maintaining high security, so Jack is screwed if he goes back, which I doubt he's stupid enough to do.
Jack might go into hiding! :D

Jack's already on the run; he said as much to Sloane. If he shows up at SD-6, he'll just be examined, tortured, and killed. (What fun!)

I have a dry sense of humor. (Or, perhaps, the same as Jack's. To quote Will: "Do you know that you have a morbid sense of humor, Jack?")

Well, Jack was half serious. He was coming up with a drastic strategy to keep Will alive. BTW, I wonder if Jack knows that Will is now a CIA analyst?

Oh, he probably does. He keeps an eye out, especially on things that concern Sydney, and Will is one of Sydney's closest friends.

Back